Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) (38456 Views)

I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh / Genotype: I'm The Only One Still Living In This Picture - Man / Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Bamz(m): 4:54pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:

I'm not saying a girl will come and cohabit with me, but you know some occasional visits and all, I just feel a guy my age by now shouldn't still be eating mummy thank you

I see your point about getting your own place, but think about it critically.

Take a sheet, clear out your mind, think of all the possible pros and cons. I reckon that'd guide you.

A change of scenery may not necessarily make things better, just saying, but yeah it's worth a try.

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by otabaotaba: 4:55pm On Aug 01, 2018
To crown it all, this is not a joke, I was earning 16k when I rented my first house here in lagos so guy if u really want to enjoy those big b**ty in ur mind, u have to take the bull by the horn

I wish u best of luck

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by hadayleke(m): 5:01pm On Aug 01, 2018
As for me ooo, i gat no advice for u. All i wanna know is that thing you are doing online that gives u 30k monthly

4 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by badboyphc: 5:03pm On Aug 01, 2018
Dude move out, this is embarrassing to read. I moved out of my parents' house during NYSC...I was 21. I'm 26 now and can't imagine just moving out now. Please stay away from women for now until you are financially stable...There are several risks, you could get one pregnant suddenly...You really don't want that trust me.

2 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Bamz(m): 5:04pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:

I've been waiting for someone like you grin

Nairaland never fails to deliver. cheesy

cheesy I see you mate!
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Phyde: 5:09pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:

This is exactly my point, I know I can hustle more when I'm alone, but at the moment, I just make Lil cash with my online stuff, and somehow I'm contented because I have free food and accommodation..

I just need something to challenge me.

Perhaps the reasons I gave in my post are mundane but yes, at 26, I'm supposed to have freedom to do what ever I wanna do(responsibly)
Chairman, link me to this online stuff. I really need online side hustling.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Hungarriman: 5:13pm On Aug 01, 2018
pocohantas:

What other version do you know? cheesy
The version that takes things serious on nairaland.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Hungarriman: 5:13pm On Aug 01, 2018
pocohantas:

The version that takes things too serious on nairaland.
pocohantas:

The version that takes things serious on nairaland.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Strikethem: 5:29pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:
Greetings family-landers, I'm having this issue which has been bordering me, I finished service last year, recently got an online side hustle which gives me 30k per month.

And at 26,I'm no longer comfortable staying at home with my parents, I can't hang out late with my friends without my parents drowning my phone with calls, as early as 8.pm at night the calls will start flowing as if I'm a customer care agent. (really frustrating)

Almost all my guys are living on their own, and to make matters worse, I can't receive any female visitor cos of my religious parents and lack of privacy.

On the flip side, I'm scared if a 30k monthly salary can be enough for a guy who wants to rent and probably furnish a self-con of 70-80k per year. (I'm not the extravagant type)

I've never lived alone so I'm really confused if I should make this move at this point in my life.

Guys who are living on their own, what's your take on this?

Abeg, expose me to that online side hustle please. I am ready to learn.

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Kouyate(m): 5:56pm On Aug 01, 2018
grin grin
blessedvisky:

11:41pm. Biko tell me about the online hustle before poverty comot shirt for my body sad
grin
blessedvisky:

11:41pm. Biko tell me about the online hustle before poverty comot shirt for my body sad
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Olatoman(m): 6:01pm On Aug 01, 2018
Hi guys, to the Fiverr experts, can you kindly put one through?
In terms of registration, getting gigs, payment methods and withdrawals and other sites that pay?

I have a personal system, mtn lumos and fortunately lot of time to sacrifice in the interim.

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 6:35pm On Aug 01, 2018
GOOD FOR THE GUY. BEST OF LUCK.

50% Off! A rare Opportunity to
Own Christal Villa Queens Court
with CofO Shapati Lekki at N5m
+ Free Deed of Assignment

For details/Inspection::

NIKE 07064401427
IYKE 08023963432
SAHEED 09066815852
ABIOLA 07036435999

Becoming a Landlord has been made easy!
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by stubbornman(m): 6:39pm On Aug 01, 2018
ebby9z:
In 26 too...and I got my place less than two months after getting a job(Although I had to borrow money)
If you warning 30k and you don't go out at all, you don't spend money on transport fare, it's doable.
Then it depends on the city you're staying. If it's Lagos. Kill the thought!
Moreover, which money do you intend using to rent an apartment? If you have that somewhere,no problem.
But let me warn you, it's not easy o...from bulbs to buying gas to filing the gas to buying foodstuffs... you'll get frustrated but it will make you very mature and responsible.
In fact all those girls you think you'll be having over, you won't be so eager to do that.
All in all, as a man freedom is important, so go for it.

Lolzzzz..... I'm 26 too bro, rented a very cool apartment 2 months ago also, with just only my bed for now and gas.
the fact is that when you are making the decision of leaving your fathers house (left at 24 , servedNYSC at 25) you will have the mind set of hanging out with the ladies , visiting niggas , enjoying life and etc. grin grin ..... But when you finally move out and Mr BILLS stares at you in the face angry angry angry ........ you will be the one avoiding those ladies, telling your guys you're not around , simply because you know what you wanna use your money for..... Life aint always easy when you make decisions, but a man's got to be a man and these little things and more are what gives us that motivation that nobody understands most times.

5 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by StanMash(m): 6:45pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:
Greetings family-landers, I'm having this issue which has been bordering me, I finished service last year, recently got an online side hustle which gives me 30k per month.

And at 26,I'm no longer comfortable staying at home with my parents, I can't hang out late with my friends without my parents drowning my phone with calls, as early as 8.pm at night the calls will start flowing as if I'm a customer care agent. (really frustrating)

Almost all my guys are living on their own, and to make matters worse, I can't receive any female visitor cos of my religious parents and lack of privacy.

On the flip side, I'm scared if a 30k monthly salary can be enough for a guy who wants to rent and probably furnish a self-con of 70-80k per year. (I'm not the extravagant type)

I've never lived alone so I'm really confused if I should make this move at this point in my life.

Whats your online hustle?
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by mikaael(m): 6:46pm On Aug 01, 2018
blessedvisky:

lol...ya so funny..no worry i go buy u new shirt

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Abbey2sam(m): 6:56pm On Aug 01, 2018
pocohantas:
Nothing wrong with seeking to move out of your parents house, but you want to do it for all the wrong reasons.

So, your definition of worse is that you can't receive female visitors?
Na your 30k you wan use stay with woman PRIVATELY?

Smart bro, very smart
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Enykings(m): 7:00pm On Aug 01, 2018
My guy, at the end of the day, it boils down to choice and consequence. There are no right or wrong choices here.

But let me tell you something.

One mistake I often see people make, is failing to look at life contextually. Figuratively speaking, life is more of a niche than a habitat.

Decisions ought to be made in consideration of a person's unique circumstances. A lot of people make the mistake of applying general rules to their unique situations and expect to obtain certain preconceived results.

Outside the abstract world of mathematics, one plus one is not always equal to two. One plus one is equal to any number n raised to the power of one to infinity. There are no set rules to this thing.

Choose your priorities carefully and logically and let all your decisions be guided by them. Do not leave your parents house for reasons that would not impact so much on your goal of success.

Forget what people tell you about going out there to tough it out and so on. Yes you would not die. You would survive and may eventually make it big. But another thing many people fail to grasp at a deep level is the power of leverage.

Never underestimate that thing. It is what gives the edge to people. It plays a huge role on how far a person climbs in life. It has been very strategic in the success of many successful people.

People who understand it and use it don't suffer needlessly like others.

If I was born in America and you were born in war torn Libya, our chances of making it to a large extent are not the same.

Look to the future bro. Continue staying in your parents house for now. Delay gratification for a while longer. Enjoy the free food and the free roof over your head. Save as aggressively as you can and invest. Keep searching for that job. Give it three years from now and you would marvel at how much you would have achieved just because you delayed gratification and used your leverage.

A person who earns 40k with all other expenses paid for and a person who earns 80k and has expenses of 40k are on the same level financially. It is what it is. Funny but true.

Others would look at it as you still eating mummy thank you, but I see it as the unique edge that you have over others. Leverage on it to climb up the ladder of success.

Girls will always exist and the freedom you so seek will not go extinct. They will always be there in the future. Suffer today and live like a king tomorrow. Erimeri enweghi nkwuzi n'eluwa. Enjoyment has no end in this life.

18 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by Ishilove: 7:17pm On Aug 01, 2018
oyb:

There is a difference na
She called me daddy because I look old
You call me daddy because of the way I hit it wink
Lmao! Hit what, bikonu? cheesy
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by MissJoy29(f): 7:31pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:

Done. Thanks
Ok....you are welcome.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by humblemikel(f): 8:13pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:

Lol, na yesterday I knack the question, na u come dey see am this morning

Can you teach me about your online business
I will teach you all you need to know about women.
For a start
Let me tell you that yo will know what you have until you lose it
You have the best parents, so value them now that they are still there to give you such advice.
Drop me a mail
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by DEBJOCH1(m): 8:34pm On Aug 01, 2018
AT 26, YOU ARE STILL STAYING WITH YOUR PARENTS? YOU MUST BE A VERY LAZY AFONJA.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by PuZZyNegro: 8:42pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:

Finally, someone who has been in a similar situation, few days ago, I was on a sweet lovely date with one Chica bonita, Before I could say Jack, calls had started flowing in... SMH.

Talking about properties, first of all, My target is a room self-con, can't afford two rooms, and one room face me I face you is a total turnoff for me.

I already Have a mattress, I envisage it's mostly electronics and fridge that I will have to save for.

With Side hustles like playing musical instruments and writing yielding about 40k monthly, I Still plan to apply for a regular job.

And if there's vacancy for the company I write for, I'll sure notify you

You should have stated the state you live in. Lol

You said a room self-contained as though it's cheap. My area charges 200-300k for room self-contained and you are paying two years plus agent and agreement.

How long can you save money from 40k to rent apartment with 500k?

My advice is that it is not worth it. You may regret it in the long run and wish you had remained with your parents.

BTW, how can you earn less than 100k as a freelance writer?
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by PuZZyNegro: 8:46pm On Aug 01, 2018
humblemikel:

Can you teach me about your online business
I will teach you all you need to know about women.
For a start
Let me tell you that yo will know what you have until you lose it
You have the best parents, so value them now that they are still there to give you such advice.
Drop me a mail

You want to be a woman tutor? If you are beautiful, send me a private message let me coach you on Fiverr but YOU MUST DELIVER CASH!

BTW, I live in Lagos.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by PuZZyNegro: 8:51pm On Aug 01, 2018
Enykings:
My guy, at the end of the day, it boils down to choice and consequence. There are no right or wrong choices here.

But let me tell you something.

One mistake I often see people make, is failing to look at life contextually. Figuratively speaking, life is more of a niche than a habitat.

Decisions ought to be made in consideration of a person's unique circumstances. A lot of people make the mistake of applying general rules to their unique situations and expect to obtain certain preconceived results.

Outside the abstract world of mathematics, one plus one is not always equal to one. One plus one is equal to any number n raised to the power of one to infinity. There are no set rules to this thing.

Choose your priorities carefully and logically and let all your decisions be guided by them. Do not leave your parents house for reasons that would not impact so much on your goal of success.

Forget what people tell you about going out there to tough it out and so on. Yes you would not die. You would survive and may eventually make it big. But another thing many people fail to grasp at a deep level is the power of leverage.

Never underestimate that thing. It is what gives the edge to people. It plays a huge role on how far a person climbs in life. It has been very strategic in the success of many successful people.

People who understand it and use it don't suffer needlessly like others.

If I was born in America and you were born in war torn Libya, our chances of making it to a large extent are not the same.

Look to the future bro. Continue staying in your parents house for now. Delay gratification for a while longer. Enjoy the free food and the free roof over your head. Save as aggressively as you can and invest. Keep searching for that job. Give it three years from now and you would Marvel at how much you would have achieved just because you delayed gratification and used your leverage.

A person who earns 40k with all other expenses paid for and a person who earns 80k and has expenses of 40k are on the same level financially. It is what it is. Funny but true.

Others would look at it as you still eating mummy thank you, but I see it as the unique edge that you have over others. Leverage on it to climb up the ladder of success.

Girls will always exist and the freedom you so sick will not go extinct. They will always be there in the future. Suffer today and live like a king tomorrow. Erimeri enweghi nkwuzi n'eluwa. Enjoyment has no end in this life.

My brother, freedom is an illusion. I know how much I earn but sometimes when the bills start coming, I begin to question the rationality of my decision to move out and stay on my own.

And the worst thing will be going back after moving out.

A word is enough for the wise!

2 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by melaninpop: 8:57pm On Aug 01, 2018
pocohantas:
Nothing wrong with seeking to move out of your parents house, but you want to do it for all the wrong reasons.

So, your definition of worse is that you can't receive female visitors?
[/b]Na your 30k you wan use stay with woman PRIVATELY?[b]

You yeye oo... babe cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by ebby9z(m): 9:05pm On Aug 01, 2018
stubbornman:

Lolzzzz..... I'm 26 too bro, rented a very cool apartment 2 months ago also, with just only my bed for now and gas.
the fact is that when you are making the decision of leaving your fathers house (left at 24 , servedNYSC at 25) you will have the mind set of hanging out with the ladies , visiting niggas , enjoying life and etc. grin grin ..... But when you finally move out and Mr BILLS stares at you in the face angry angry angry ........ you will be the one avoiding those ladies, telling your guys you're not around , simply because you know what you wanna use your money for..... Life aint always easy when you make decisions, but a man's got to be a man and these little things and more are what gives us that motivation that nobody understands most times.
I tell you. People always wonder why I rarely go out or have friends over...me that I'm always looking for money to buy one thing or the other in the house...when my mates at work were buying clothes, phones and new watches, clubbing every other weekend; I was buying gas cooker, starving myself to buy bed, hustled to buy TV and now I have basic things and people think I'm rich . I believe every man should be responsible for himself for a little while before getting married. It makes you mentally ready and prepared. You won't be acting like a mummy's boy.

8 Likes

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by okwabayi(m): 9:07pm On Aug 01, 2018
I read halfway then gave zero f-ucks.
OP you're a man. Do whatever the f-uck you want. You can try and move out, stay on your own and if things get too hard you'll run back home to decide which is the better option.

Staying in your parents' house is a big disgrace. After a while they start disrespecting you. I doubt they do it intentionally but they will always see you as a lost eight year old child without guidance. I know the plenty insult my guys chop before them get job. These are 30+ year old men by the way. They are better off now on their own although paying bills wants to kill them before their time.

1 Like

Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by mazizitonene(m): 9:17pm On Aug 01, 2018
LeoFish92:

oga mi....abeg no vex o....me sef just finish service and e no easy for me at all.....u fit put me through on the online side hustle make i follow u abeg, 30k monthly will really help a brother a lot right now......we be agemates sef, lol..
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by LeoFish92(m): 9:20pm On Aug 01, 2018
mazizitonene:
oga mi....abeg no vex o....me sef just finish service and e no easy for me at all.....u fit put me through on the online side hustle make i follow u abeg, 30k monthly will really help a brother a lot right now......we be agemates sef, lol..

I'm a writer, I write for a news website.
Re: 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) by mazizitonene(m): 9:20pm On Aug 01, 2018
PuZZyNegro:

You should have stated the state you live in. Lol

You said a room self-contained as though it's cheap. My area charges 200-300k for room self-contained and you are paying two years plus agent and agreement.

How long can you save money from 40k to rent apartment with 500k?

My advice is that it is not worth it. You may regret it in the long run and wish you had remained with your parents.

BTW, how can you earn less than 100k as a freelance writer?
baba whats the way forward abeg ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Biological Mother of President Goodluck Jonathan's Children / Man Died Of Heart Attack After His Wife Confessed To Him That She Cheated / One-year-old Baby Bites Snake To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.