Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? (55083 Views)

Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / Italian Authorities Deport 11 Nigerian Eiye Gang Members After Arrest. Photos / Christian Pilgrimage: Israel Denies 25 Nigerians Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by cooltola(m): 2:04pm On Aug 04, 2018
This is very Irony, 200 years ago our ancestors will not even dream or even want to come to USA. Today is the complete opposite
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Abbeybailey(m): 2:05pm On Aug 04, 2018
flexyrule:
]Yes. I agree and WE are the real shithole and hopefully, weare going to fix it. Very very soon.
Running cowardly to another man's land to claim citizenship is something WE'LL never do!
But Mr Chitown... I wonder what your concerns are about us in Africa.
Probably your parents cowardly ran away and you were birthed there and you'd be bragging about being a citizen. Oh yeah. You are!... So you peep in from time to time to check on your ancestral lineage... Hoping that when the "war" has been fought and hope restored... You run back with your tail in between your legs to share the glory. No worries. You are always welcome home.
Enjoy Trump Mr. Chitown
Obviosly You are not as smart as you think you are. Yes , I grew up in Chitown but I am never far from Africa for work and visiting my parents who retired back to Nigeria. In fact, I am presently in Pretoria and will be in Lagos morrow for few days. So, for a black man licking the behind of a racist pig who think of people like you and i as subhuman makes no sense to me. I don't like anyone that think of me as subhuman and that's what Trump and majority of his Klannish supporters believe. I have seen these racist killers in action and thank God the Blacks of nowadays are not the Blacks of Jim Crow era.

3 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by justwise(m): 2:05pm On Aug 04, 2018
Vicktomaniaa:

Pls have you an idea how this can b don?

How what can be done?
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by ShakurM(m): 2:06pm On Aug 04, 2018
Abbeybailey:
Blacks account for about 44 million and Hispanics are a little over 50 million. Whites I think is about 68% of the population at at last census 8 year ago and their population is dwindling daily hence the republikkkans and their theory of Browning of America.
Does that equate to 110m?   Blacks and Hispanics? No way.  My point is just to address the sensitivity of figures.  
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Abbeybailey(m): 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2018
ShakurM:

Does that equate to 110m?   Blacks and Hispanics? No way.  My point is just to address the sensitivity of figures.  
With That i am going with the last census 8 years ago but another one is coming up I 2020. I know the white population is going down rapidly. It used to be around 87% while I was growing up in the 80s and now it's not even up to 70%. The bottom line is that the right wing nativitists and nationalists are scared to death and frankly, it's too late because the ship has left the dock.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 04, 2018
It's their country, they don't have to have any reason to deny anyone visa, i have been denied Entry before into the US even though i hold a British passport.

they gave me no explainations, they told me to Appeal if i am not satisfied with their decisons. and deported me straight back to the UK, The isreali has also denied me Entry too. grin maybe because i am ugly.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by DanielPop(m): 2:14pm On Aug 04, 2018
It is not about Trump please! undecided Just sit in the lounge and watch/listen to the kind of silly answers Nigerian's give to the US officials. I'd bounce the applicants myself. Imagine asking someone where are you going to and he replied "Francisco". My first time, (have gone many times so far), i went with all the documents I could lay hands on but they never asked for any. They granted me and my family. The denial decision is made even before applicant's show up for interview. They background check information submitted and if you pass, when you show up, they just ask few questions before granting you visa. If you fail the background check, that's when they start asking for documents when you show up for interview or they just ask few questions and deny you. As for those who have visited USA and re applied and get denied, lots of reasons. 1. Could be over stay ie you said you work with Min of Finance and your annual leave is 30 days yet you went and spent 2 months in USA, or you were given B1/B2 visa and you went and worked or did a certificate course from University for about three months etc, you will be denied even if you apply thru drop box.

Bottom line: Nigerians can lie! Eh! All who went before me that morning were denied and listening to their answers, I'd have denied them myself. I went and we were given because I met all the conditions they set. Sometimes you may meet all conditions set and still be denied. Remember, it is the prerogative of the visa officer to determine your case so go and hold your village people responsible if you find yourself in this situation. Yes Trump wants to cut the rate of admittance but genuine applicants are getting it. I just applied for renewal recently and I got it, together with my family. It is not about Trump. Let's tell ourselves the truth! undecided

Kophschmerzen:
Ya keep rooting for Trump and this is just a tip of the iceberg. All black folks in this country loathe that piece of shit except for many Nigerians living in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by drakeli: 2:14pm On Aug 04, 2018
stagger:

In case you don't know, being issued a visa here is tentative. You can still get to the US and be denied a visa at the point of entry. I don't even know why people waste their time and money going to the US when there are far better countries to study!
My neighbor came to the US and spent like six months. He didn’t abuse his visa. He went back to Nigeria. Like three months later, he attempted to come back to the US but he was sent back at the port of entry. An elderly man for that matter who did not overstay.

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by ShakurM(m): 2:15pm On Aug 04, 2018
Abbeybailey:
With That i am going with the last census 8 years ago but another one is coming up I 2020. I know the white population is going down rapidly. It used to be around 87% while I was growing up in the 80s and now it's not even up to 70%. The bottom line is that the right wing nativitists and nationalists are scared to death and frankly, it's too late because the ship has left the dock.
Interesting. What can they possibly be scared of? Whites ? in their own country? I'm in dissent with that claim of yours.   Ok they are scared of overcrowding of other ethnicities ?    
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by dgee1(m): 2:19pm On Aug 04, 2018
smses:
Im a victim. U.S don’t want Nigerian but their money, I am doing very well with good in come, a CEO of a company and I am married for about 7 years. I applied to attend in course in U.S. but I was denial under section 214b because I don’t have strong ties, the only thing I saw was because I don’t have a child. It’s quite sad. and I believe people using agency will pay money for doing noting.
U.S. is not welcoming Nigerians, go to countries like Uk for your program. all counties have bad eggs including U.S.

Bro, could you plesse help me with a job? I have a degree in applied chemistry and I can also take up responsibilities outside my field. I would be grateful.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by cooltola(m): 2:19pm On Aug 04, 2018
flexyrule:
]Yes. I agree and WE are the real shithole and hopefully, weare going to fix it. Very very soon.
Running cowardly to another man's land to claim citizenship is something WE'LL never do!
But Mr Chitown... I wonder what your concerns are about us in Africa.
Probably your parents cowardly ran away and you were birthed there and you'd be bragging about being a citizen. Oh yeah. You are!... So you peep in from time to time to check on your ancestral lineage... Hoping that when the "war" has been fought and hope restored... You run back with your tail in between your legs to share the glory. No worries. You are always welcome home.
Enjoy Trump Mr. Chitown

No one is a coward, if you get chance to escape Naija , you will so abeg stop.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by drakeli: 2:21pm On Aug 04, 2018
ShakurM:

Interesting. What can they possibly be scared of? Whites ? in their own country? I'm in dissent with that claim of yours.   Ok they are scared of overcrowding of other ethnicities ?    
They are scared of becoming minority in their own country. If the rate of immigration goes on unchecked with Mexican flocking through their boarder and with a lot of Hispanic babies being born, white would become a minority group in 50 years.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by gabonsky: 2:22pm On Aug 04, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Huh, I will have to disagree with some of that highlighted statement.

Even though I know this issue about US visa holders flocking illegally across the US-Canadian borders was very high since Trump came into office but the fault wasn't because the US visa officers weren't doing their job...it was because the Canada was very weak and still very weak as we speak with their asylum approval requirements.
i totally disagree with your assumption that the US Visa officer are weak and they are not doing their jobs, these guys are expert in this field and most time, they used fuzzy logic in interviewing you and making their decision if to issue you the visa or not. the truth is that your friend is not qualified for the visa at the moment, he can reapply if his conditions have change and can also prove to the visa officer that his intention is for study purpose only and he will return back to his home country.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by tommykiwi(m): 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

He told me his answers to the questions asked by the VO. They were professional questions replied with standard answers.
Can you plz brief us with some of the questions asked?
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by DanielPop(m): 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2018
I think he was denied because he may have stayed longer than he said during the initial visa interview. I mean, if you work for someone or for yourself, would you abandon your workplace or business for six months? I guess this is why they bounced him at POE!

drakeli:
My neighbor came to the US and spent like six months. He didn’t abuse his visa. He went back to Nigeria. Like three months later, he attempted to come back to the US but he was sent back at the port of entry. An elderly man for that matter who did not overstay.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by DanielPop(m): 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2018
It is not about Trump please! Just sit in the lounge and watch/listen to the kind of silly answers Nigerian's give to the US officials. I'd bounce the applicants myself. Imagine asking someone where are you going to and he replied "Francisco". My first time, (have gone many times so far), i went with all the documents I could lay hands on but they never asked for any. They granted me and my family. The denial decision is made even before applicant's show up for interview. They background check information submitted and if you pass, when you show up, they just ask few questions before granting you visa. If you fail the background check, that's when they start asking for documents when you show up for interview or they just ask few questions and deny you. As for those who have visited USA and re applied and get denied, lots of reasons. 1. Could be over stay ie you said you work with Min of Finance and your annual leave is 30 days yet you went and spent 2 months in USA, or you were given B1/B2 visa and you went and worked or did a certificate course from University for about three months etc, you will be denied even if you apply thru drop box.

Bottom line: Nigerians can lie! Eh! All who went before me that morning were denied and listening to their answers, I'd have denied them myself. I went and we were given because I met all the conditions they set. Sometimes you may meet all conditions set and still be denied. Remember, it is the prerogative of the visa officer to determine your case so go and hold your village people responsible if you find yourself in this situation. Yes Trump wants to cut the rate of admittance but genuine applicants are getting it. I just applied for renewal recently and I got it, together with my family. It is not about Trump. Let's tell ourselves the truth!
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Brugo(m): 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2018
If you like pay in diamonds. They reserve the right to grant access into their country.

Nigeria no get level again. Everybody wants to take a swipe at us these days.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Abbeybailey(m): 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2018
ShakurM:

It's a diverse country not white country. That's a folly on your part. In fact the natives Americans are the real indigenous Americans unlike the whites that came from Europe. Don't get your history wrong. Black slaved from Africa built much of America including the White house and the Capitol. The bottom line is that America is a diverse country and that's what the racists and their Klans supporters hate.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Amberon11: 2:38pm On Aug 04, 2018
Oh...cool. I guess he was given cuz his age is still on the low. You see some 35+
applying for masters. It will take the grace of God for them to be given.
rychard:

He's 28 and he went for his masters in bus. Admin..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Amberon11: 2:39pm On Aug 04, 2018
Anything to make yourself feel better grin
Newmanluckyman:
...you are really confused hence the reason why US denies some Nigerians legit visa.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Livingway: 2:47pm On Aug 04, 2018
Your tie to your native country is very important to them in making visa decisions. The COs have basic understanding of the Nigeria mindset and they conduct background checks too. So people be very careful with your resources.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 2:56pm On Aug 04, 2018
If you know, you know. PMB already told China to start arresting and deporting Nigerians. PMB already told US to deport Nigerians and deny them visas. PMB is in UK to do the same thing.

Before you cry foul, wait for two weeks and see if UK won't start deporting and arresting Nigerians as China is doing right now.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by flexyrule(m): 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2018
Abbeybailey:
Obviosly You are not as smart as you think you are. Yes , I grew up in Chitown but I am never far from Africa for work and visiting my parents who retired back to Nigeria. In fact, I am presently in Pretoria and will be in Lagos morrow for few days. So, for a black man licking the behind of a racist pig who think of people like you and i as subhuman makes no sense to me. I don't like anyone that think of me as subhuman and that's what Trump and majority of his Klannish supporters believe. I have seen these racist killers in action and thank God the Blacks of nowadays are not the Blacks of Jim Crow era.
Oh save me your biography! It's not on the list of my problems Mr. Smart guy.
You are LUCKY to be a benefactor of a "working system".
Enjoy it and stop making noise on the Internet like you created it.
Deep down YOU know you don't belong there!!
If we had a better system, Trump would never look down on us.
Our system is a collosal failure. YES! We admit it and WE are going to get it FIXED.
Nice talking to you bro.

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by planetx: 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2018
Abbeybailey:
This must be Lucasbalo.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Toks2008(m): 2:58pm On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:
I am asking this question with a heavy heart because a friend of mine told me his F1 visa application—as well as that of all intending students to the US—was denied this morning. He answered all the questions of the visa officer perfectly but he was still denied. He was aked if he is married and had kids, and he answered in the negative. Could his being single be a factor in the denial of his application? Or is there something else prompting the US embassy to deny Nigerians visas? I am really perplexed because my friend expended a lot of money to apply and gain admission to a US school. If the US doesnt want Nigerians to come to their country anymore, they can as well a formal and well publicized directive to that effect. The practice of swindling Nigerians of exorbitant visas fees must be deprecated and discouraged by the Nigerian Government.

According to my friend, all intending students for masters degree to the US were denied their visas this morning. Not even one was issued a visa. This is the height of visa discrimination and something must be done to remedy the situation. Nigerians cannot continue to waste their hard earned money to apply for visa that has already been denied by fiat of the authorities at the State Department(Foggy Bottom). We need clarity and honesty on this visa issue from US authorities. Enough is Enough. angry angry angry angry angry angry

Mods, do the needful, please.

U,S visa application process is pure Gamble and this was exactly what i wrote as a reason i was denied when i applied for my U.K visa when they asked if i have ever been denied a visa to any country and why.

Nigerians lose over 1billion naira each month to American embassy just for the visitor visa category alone not counting the loss on other visa categories.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by flexyrule(m): 3:02pm On Aug 04, 2018
cooltola:

No one is a coward, if you get chance to escape Naija , you will so abeg stop.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Abbeybailey(m): 3:09pm On Aug 04, 2018
planetx:
This must be Lucasbalo.
Wow.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by iker: 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2018
Elolam87:
It's well

what does this stupid sh*t u are saying mean ?
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Livefreeordieha(m): 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2018
Hotstepper:
It can also be cuz the Canadian govt as of March/April asked that thr US should screen well who they give Visa to in Nigeria cuz there were an influx of Nigerians with US visa in Canada in March/April as in alot.

Infanct, Canadian immigration Minister sent some immigration officers to Nigerian to teach their US counterparts how to get the job done and the minister himself also went to have a talk with the Nigerian Government.
finally someone informed has spoken unbiased.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by chigo4u: 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2018
Seal33:

The US is fond of doing this to thousands of applicants every time. You and your friends need a good immigration Lawyer to fight your case for u or else they will continue to deny u visa. If u don't mind, send me a private msg, I will give u the contact of a good immigration Lawyer who has handled many appeals and cases like this with the US consulate and the applicants later got their visas. If u send me a pm I'll give u his contact. Good luck.
please can you send me the contact to chigoempire @ gmail .com (I really need yo contact him for something

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

OCHA BRIGADE Kenneth Okonkwo Dies In Accident (Photos) / Sinkhole Swallows Range Rover Sport In Imo State (Video) / Accident Kills Nigerian Man From South Africa On 1st December (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.