Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? (55041 Views)

Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / Italian Authorities Deport 11 Nigerian Eiye Gang Members After Arrest. Photos / Christian Pilgrimage: Israel Denies 25 Nigerians Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by chukzyfcbb: 11:54am On Aug 04, 2018
someone who had scaled perfectly in the interview was asked, hw many schools did you apply to?
He mentioned 3 schools, third names and all

and the V.O was like why didn't you apply to more schools, he replied that those schools were top schools in bla bla and since he was offered admission by these schools, I mean why apply to more.

Can you imagine he was rejected USA study visa because baba no apply to more schools.

Make dem talk say dem no want Naija peeps, simple!

4 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by MrDKR(m): 11:54am On Aug 04, 2018
Truth is, US Visa approval is centered on luck! U got the whole requirements in the world, the yeye people go still deny you. I've been to denied twice & I have couple of friends that has been given & denied, so I know what I'm talking about... US Visa na CONFIRM LUCK!

Best wishes to Guy!!
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by muzeze77: 11:55am On Aug 04, 2018
Well what do you expect from a country with a racist president. Some of you were stupidly cheering the victory of trump who by the way is the grand child of immigrants, who has continuously used vulgar language to describe Africans and who has complained about the high number of visas given to Nigerians

6 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 04, 2018
Interesting. Hope everyone looking for visas gets it smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by olurock123: 11:56am On Aug 04, 2018
This year I enter embassy twice for student visa interview (MSc) they denied me. they ask me single questions. and I answer all correctly, but they denied me twice. I had already pay acceptance fee to d sch DAT gave me admission. I show them all d evidence but still dey seal their heart. its like the US government of this days did not want Nigerians to come to their country for masters degree. I think Nigeria government need to raise against dis barbaric habit. If they know they will not give visa, dey sud not tell us to pay SEVIS fee ($200) and d non refundable $160 for visa fee sud b reduce by 50%.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by planetx: 11:59am On Aug 04, 2018
Getting a visa to the US doesn't guarantee you will make it in life, vast majority of Nigerians living in the US are far from being rich or even happy. They might be comfortable but that comes with a heavy price psychologically and emotionally living in a Western consumerist debt driven society. But this is preaching to the choir cause the suffering in Nigeria will not make someone reading this and trying to get out to understand or even care.

11 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by bigtt76(f): 12:00pm On Aug 04, 2018
I don't think there's been any such request by the US Government. It probably might have been as a result of the applicants responding back to the questions posed at them in similar ways previous applicants had done. It may also be as a result of a pattern noticed in the schools the students applied to.

For example if 90% of applicants submitted applications to some cheap community college in the US, the VO is wont to believe that there might be a loophole some where and hence s/he would try to plug it by refusing the visa request. Remember they know their country and colleges better than you do and can conveniently conclude that those schools won't add value to you any more than those in Nigeria. Note also that those interviews are recorded and reviewed to detect these patterns.

While you may think the applicant responded correctly to the questions, the VO on their own are probably seeing applicants who had been 'schooled' on how to respond to those questions.

And please Justwise is not trying to poke fun at those rejected but trying to find out ways to assist. Be kind to those asking you questions here no one is your enemy or enemy of progress here.

The idea of the various threads on Student Visas here on NL is not for people to be 'schooled' on responses but rather to aid their understanding of the process(es) involved. Trust me the VOs have heard the lines million times over. Do not copy verbatim responses you see here and use it for your interview instead just learn from it and prepare to shoot your shot!

resurgent2019:
I am asking this question with a heavy heart because a friend of mine told me his F1 visa application—as well as that of all intending students to the US—was denied this morning. He answered all the questions of the visa officer perfectly but he was still denied. He was aked if he is married and had kids, and he answered in the negative. Could his being single be a factor in the denial of his application? Or is there something else prompting the US embassy to deny Nigerians visas? I am really perplexed because my friend expended a lot of money to apply and gain admission to a US school. If the US doesnt want Nigerians to come to their country anymore, they can as well a formal and well publicized directive to that effect. The practice of swindling Nigerians of exorbitant visas fees must be deprecated and discouraged by the Nigerian Government.

According to my friend, all intending students for masters degree to the US were denied their visas this morning. Not even one was issued a visa. This is the height of visa discrimination and something must be done to remedy the situation. Nigerians cannot continue to waste their hard earned money to apply for visa that has already been denied by fiat of the authorities at the State Department(Foggy Bottom). We need clarity and honesty on this visa issue from US authorities. Enough is Enough. angry angry angry angry angry angry

Mods, do the needful, please.

6 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nukilia: 12:02pm On Aug 04, 2018
planetx:
Getting a visa to the US doesn't guarantee you will make it in life, vast majority of Nigerians living in the US are far from being rich or even happy. They might be comfortable but that comes with a heavy price psychologically and emotionally living in a Western consumerist debt driven society. But this is preaching to the choir cause the suffering in Nigeria will not make someone reading this and trying to get out to understand or even care.

An average Nigerian have been brainwashed to think America is the only way out for them. cheesy grin cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nukilia: 12:06pm On Aug 04, 2018
flexyrule:
May God almighty in heaven bless you and your family.
These people are nothing but cowards looking for safe heavens to run to. Then, sit there and type poo on the Internet while we struggle with the failed system.
Try organizing a protest - they won't show up. They will rather sit at home and rant on the internet.
Vote the right candidate - No. They will allow tribalism cloud their choice of candidate.
Ok call for restructure or secession since the system has been proven to be one that can never work. No!
They will blame Trump. Blame the embassy.
Stay and fix your country! The US does not owe anybody any obligation on accessing quality education!

May your days be long! You've hit the nail on the head cheesy grin grin With this kind of mindset, I won't be surprised seeing you lead your state.. You're smart!

3 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Sagay212: 12:06pm On Aug 04, 2018
Most European countries and US will continue to make billions from us since nigerians have refused to use their brain to hold their useless leaders accountable for every penny they spend. Our leaders have enough stolen money to send their family to any country around the world comfortingly. Many of them even use govt money to sponsor their wasteful vacations abroad. Yet you see some cursed nigerians singing praises of useless leaders and even organising awards for them. Many of you don't know that the foolis.hness of your evil politicians will affect you someday. Now somebody wants to travel genuinely to the US but has been denied visa after paying a lot including visa fee. If the education system here was so good, there will be no need to travel anywhere for masters.

Most European countries and US know how desperate a lot africans are to escape the hardship they experience in their country. Heck! Nigeria has a bad reputation for corrupt leaders and a lot of scammers, how then do you expect that you'll get visas easily. If they grant you visa and you refuse to return after expiration of your visa, how will they get you? You think they have time to be looking around for illegal immigrants? It is better for them not to allow you at all and save the stress of looking for desperate illegal immigrants up and down in their country.

The only annoyance I have with all these foreign embassies is the visa fee they collect. They will be collecting visa fees and denying people of visas and our useless govt cannot enforce a simple law to ensure that at least half of the visa fee is returned if they deny you visa. That's why they will always deny people visa. they more the denial, the more money they make.

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 04, 2018
123abcclown:

We want different things in Life.

If you want to do an MSc/PHD in Nigeria, go ahead. Some people on the other hand want to go to the MIT, HAVARD, OXFORD, YALE of this world. They have that right.

An astute answer.

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by queendoreez(f): 12:10pm On Aug 04, 2018
For those 3 or 4 guys that quoted my last post on this thread, please go get lost!!!

If you can't comprehend what i wrote in my last post then you don't deserve a response from me. #peace.

This is why i don't reply posts on here, if you looking for someone to unleash your fustrations on, please head to Aso Rock and demand answers from your president, silly lots!!!

3 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nukilia: 12:12pm On Aug 04, 2018
muzeze77:
[s]Well what do you expect from a country with a racist president. Some of you were stupidly cheering the victory of trump who by the way is the grand child of immigrants, who has continuously used vulgar language to describe Africans and who has complained about the high number of visas given to Nigerians[/s]

Why are you like this? Folks like you will be shouting sai baba till 2023 in Nigeria while you're trying to escape to the USA. It will not happen! FYI, Trump is a great guy delivering on the electoral promises.
Those cheering Trump up are not stupid at all, theyre taking their country back from folks who want to turn America into a hellhole.

Face your criminal president and political crooks who are bastardizing the country. I am pissed cheesy grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nukilia: 12:13pm On Aug 04, 2018
queendoreez:
For those 3 or 4 guys that quoted my last post on this thread, please go get lost!!!

If you can't comprehend what i wrote in my last post then you don't deserve a response from me. #peace.

This is why i don't reply posts on here, if you looking for someone to unleash your fustrations on, please head to Aso Rock and demand answers from your president, silly lots!!!

Pissed I guess? grin grin grin
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Abbeybailey(m): 12:15pm On Aug 04, 2018
flexyrule:
Rascism!!! Mtcheeew. Develop your country and deny them visa na! Let them call you a racist too.
Sorry my man, America is my country and that pig is a vile racist president who doesn't like people of color coming to America but guess What, there are more than 110 millions of black and brown people in America already that are citizens.

4 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Acidosis(m): 12:16pm On Aug 04, 2018
queendoreez:

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Unik3030: 12:16pm On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

He told me his answers to the questions asked by the VO. They were professional questions replied with standard answers.
don't believe all that bro,he will never tell u all his flaws.n besides according to your narration he's going there for post graduate studies,how many professional exams did he write?

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

So it’s a deterrence measure? I mean defrauding applicants of the money?

Giving you visa is a privilege not a right. The money you paid is for administrative purposes so its nonrefundable.

4 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Amberon11: 12:18pm On Aug 04, 2018
Hahahahah
sunkky147:
Nigerians living in the US are something else, if a Nigeria citizen is positioned in d VO....I bet no one will get a US transit not to talk of visa...I knew a man in US and I was asking him how he can help me with US visa, he told me US don't give visa to any Africa country except South Africa.... I was like see dis idiot...

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nukilia: 12:19pm On Aug 04, 2018
Sagay212:
Most European countries and US will continue to make billions from us since nigerians have refused to use their brain to hold their useless leaders accountable for every penny they spend. Our leaders have enough stolen money to send their family to any country around the world comfortingly. Many of them even use govt money to sponsor their wasteful vacations abroad. Yet you see some cursed nigerians singing praises of useless leaders and even organising awards for them. Many of you don't know that the foolis.hness of your evil politicians will affect you someday. Now somebody wants to travel genuinely to the US but has been denied visa after paying a lot including visa fee. If the education system here was so good, there will be no need to travel anywhere for masters.

Most European countries and US know how desperate a lot africans are to escape the hardship they experience in their country. Heck! Nigeria has a bad reputation for corrupt leaders and a lot of scammers, how then do you expect that you'll get visas easily. If they grant you visa and you refuse to return after expiration of your visa, how will they get you? You think they have time to be looking around for illegal immigrants? It is better for them not to allow you at all and save the stress of looking for desperate illegal immigrants up and down in their country.

The only annoyance I have with all these foreign embassies is the visa fee they collect. They will be collecting visa fees and denying people of visas and our useless govt cannot enforce a simple law to ensure that at least half of the visa fee is returned if they deny you visa. That's why they will always deny people visa. they more the denial, the more money they make.

You need to ask yourself one question: why is it that Buhari prefers to relax in London than in Nigeria? Every little health challenge, you see him and his family running to the UK. Some bastards will now be canvassing for such bastards to continue running this country. We need to reset our brain and stop requesting for NEPA bill as evidence of a leaders competency.

5 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by queendoreez(f): 12:20pm On Aug 04, 2018
Nukilia:

Pissed I guess? grin grin grin

Why would would i? When i'm busy making my money and thinking how to get my UBA branch code to enable me receive money from abroad via WorldRemit! wink
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 04, 2018
I don't know about that. I know someone who got his visa and travelled about 3 months ago, however he has family there to support him.
One of the main reasons why people are denied visa is if there is no/ not enough evidence that they can support themselves in the country without working.
A student visa is usually issued to people who are expected to be doing full time courses and as a result they're expected not to have enough time to work a stable fulltime job which will fund accomodation, feeding and transport.
If you don't have enough savings in your account to show that after tuition fees, you're able to support yourself without having to get a job, they'll deny your visa. I'm my friends case, he has family there who he lives with and who give him money he needs
They don't want people using student visa as a way to get there and start working, become illegal immigrants and therefore nuisance. This is the case with many Nigerians abroad and unfortunately has influenced the policies behind issuing visas. You really can't blame them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Amberon11: 12:21pm On Aug 04, 2018
I support Trump. He is doing his best to protect his country's interest and that is what every sane president should do.
EgunMogaji:

It amazes me to read of Nigerians that support Trump on here.

It's rigademdiculous.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 04, 2018
Sagay212:

I guess he came on nairaland so we can start a protest against another country. Funny how we feel we can protest against perceived injustice from another county yet we can't hold our leaders responsible and fix Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by ahiboilandgas: 12:21pm On Aug 04, 2018
Nukilia:

An average Nigerian have been brainwashed to think America is the only way out for them. cheesy grin cheesy
while over 40 m Americans are homeless and very broke...then they should risk adding u to come do 419

4 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 04, 2018
Amberon11:
I support Trump. He is doing his best to protect his country's interest and that is what every sane president should do.
I support Mr Trump in fact I will cast my vote for him this time.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Lagos Rolls Out New BRT Buses, Spotted At Lekki-epe Expressway / Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety / Which Nigerian City Has The Best Roads?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.