Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? (55027 Views)

Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / Italian Authorities Deport 11 Nigerian Eiye Gang Members After Arrest. Photos / Christian Pilgrimage: Israel Denies 25 Nigerians Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by ikevictor: 1:15pm On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

I understood what you are saying. But in this case, the questions related to issues of law. The answers are the same the world over. My friend said he answered them correctly but the visa officer was asking irrelevant questions about why he chose the school he chose(completely unrelated to the grant of a student visa). The fact is that there is a standing order to deny genuine Nigerians American visas due to the misdeeds of other Nigerians who are abusing their visas.

The US should come out straight to issue a statement that there is a reduction in the number of visas to be issued to Nigerians henceforth. That is better than taking visa fees from Nigerians and still deny them the visas. It is a very simple matter oo. It is their country and they reserve the right to deny foreigners access to it. But they should honest about your consular objectives and policies regarding Nigeria!

Please stop confusing innocent Nigerians.

Whenever you have adequate ties in Nigeria, plus genuine intent to travel plus financial capability to handle your travel expenses, your Visa will be granted. For all my life I have dealt with Americans, they are always always willing to help. But you must have a genuine reason. Which most Nigerian applicants do not have.

Pele

3 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Abbeybailey(m): 1:18pm On Aug 04, 2018
flexyrule:
Your country indeed. Another shithole run away. Enjoy your stay.
Sorry , you are the real shiiithole. Grew up in Chitown and I have known of the racist pig named Trump as a vile racist. So get another line since the junk you posted didn't apply to me.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 04, 2018
planetx:
People like you that lives in the US should try to enlighten young impressionable Nlanders about the US. Cause a lot of them think they are getting visa to go to some kind of Eldorado hence the craze for visa and high rejection rate.

The US is actually El Dorado to me but we all have different measuring qualities.

I’ve tried sharing a balanced view especially to those looking for dubious means of entry. They’ve resorted to labeling their papa an enemy of progress grin
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by EbolaParasite: 1:19pm On Aug 04, 2018
tonylaw07:
It's so painful our government is silent on the issue of the US visa denial. I was at the embassy myself 2 weeks ago and I was denied a visitors visa all questions answered correctly cause I filled my ds160 myself. The most annoying part is the embassy never gives any reason for the denial they just say you do not qualify you can try again. 64k try again. An elderly woman of over 60years was denied a visa, abeg my people that kind of woman go run or work there. A naval officer of a high rank was denied visa with his family. Families of 5 where denied, just imagine how much has gone down the drain. They are just swinderling Nigerians because they know there is no refund. The government should look into this and make sure there is either a total refund or part refund and you would see they would stop the nonsense of visa denial without a good reason.

I feel your pain but lets be real, this may hurt but its the truth. You were denied because the officer saw reasons that indicate you may abscond. The elderly woman you mentioned was probably denied because of several reasons too. It could be her previous travel history showed she was spending 6 months or more indicating she may not return to Nigeria this time or maybe all her children are in the US and she has no ties to Nigeria anymore. The Naval officer you mentioned too could have his faults. A manager in one of the oil companies was denied recently and everyone was saying its because of US policy. Meanwhile, this man had his family in Maryland and they had overstayed. When he got denied, all he told people was that they are denying everyone even though he knew why he was denied.

There are genuine cases that also get rejected but that has been the case since several decades ago. If you guys really think they are denying everyone anyhow, please go to the airport everyday and see how FULL DELTA flights to Atlanta are......I also know a lot of people that recently got visas. Your answers to the questions asked probably made no difference. Things like ties to Nigeria, marital status, age, who you work for, travel history bear a lot of weight.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 04, 2018
Acidosis:

That's because you used the embassy in Abuja, the story is different in Lagos. There is a high level of preference for those of the Northern origin or those in Abuja.

There's a reason for dt. Apart from the fact dt their poor and average middle class hardly apply for visas, they are also less fraudulent.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Newmanluckyman(m): 1:21pm On Aug 04, 2018
Acidosis:

Nigerians don't query JAMB authorities? Where do you live? And what do you mean by entitlement mentality? Fact that OP is asking the embassy a very serious question?

It doesn't bother you that around 95% of applicants were rejected in one day, after paying about 50k each to the U.S government? It doesn't bother you, Mister?
...you should be the one that will give the US embassy KPI (key performance indicators) that they will use to access prospective applicants.Nigerians with their entitle mentalities. If US called you a shithole country now you will start crying.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by OluDare01(m): 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2018
All I see here are ignorants that know nothing about US visa application. Smh

3 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by cooltola(m): 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2018
jll
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 04, 2018
Amberon11:
It could be true. I know someone who said his family was called and asked if they were okay during the 2011 elections.
Although he only became a citizen because of his wife who was a Japanese American.

It’s a lie.

Embassies do call their citizens and relatives to inquire of their safety as you stated.

The respondents is just a NIV holder.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by franchasng: 1:26pm On Aug 04, 2018
Nigerians home and abroad must realise now that sooner than later, the whole world will forbid Nigerians; whether u are a citizen or permanent legal resident or illegal migrant, a time will come when US, Canada, UK, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Greece, Norway, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Turkey, Japan, Switzerland, Portugal, Greenland, France, Italy, etc, etc will start to persecute Nigerians living in their countries whether as citizens o, legals o, illegals o. That time is coming sooner than later.

Jewish people once flee to Europe thinking they have found everlasting home away from Middle-East, not until Nazi party led by Adolf Hitler rose to become the ruling party with Hitler as the German Reich.

He began to clamp down on Jews; from the Jewish-German citizens who were even first class citizens helping to develop Germany as top scientists, inventors, professors, engineers, businessmen, etc. Example is Sir Albert Einstein who saw the danger as Hitler began to kill and jail Jewish people and he ran to US where he was offered citizenship because of his scientific prowess as a top class inventor.

Other Jews, over 5 million got killed in Germany and all over Europe, which made Jews realise that there is no other place like homeland in Israel. Luckily for them with the help of their fellow Jews who rose to top US government officials helped them get freedom and Israel became an independent state of Israel in 1952 just after the 2nd world war ended in 1949.

So Nigerians prepare ahead.

Nigerians must put heads together and fight all these useless northern leaders destroying Nigeria and refusing positive restructuring of Nigeria for a better prosperous Nigeria or wait until western nations where u people run to hide start to disgrace you guys.

Look at South Africa today persecuting Nigerians, killing Nigerians and telling them to go back to their land. Its just the beginning since Nigerians refused to have sense, they will teach you people sense by force, just a matter of time

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 04, 2018
EbolaParasite:

I feel your pain but lets be real, this may hurt but its the truth. You were denied because the officer saw reasons that indicate you may abscond. The elderly woman you mentioned was probably denied because of several reasons too. It could be her previous travel history showed she was spending 6 months or more indicating she may not return to Nigeria this time or maybe all her children are in the US and she has no ties to Nigeria anymore. The Naval officer you mentioned too could have his faults. A manager in one of the oil companies was denied recently and everyone was saying its because of US policy. Meanwhile, this man had his family in Maryland and they had overstayed. When he got denied, all he told people was that they are denying everyone even though he knew why he was denied.

There are genuine cases that also get rejected but that has been the case since several decades ago. If you guys really think they are denying everyone anyhow, please go to the airport everyday and see how FULL DELTA flights to Atlanta are......I also know a lot of people that recently got visas. Your answers to the questions asked probably made no difference. Things like ties to Nigeria, marital status, age, who you work for, travel history bear a lot of weight.

Don’t mind them.

I went to have lunch with a Nairalander last month who was over on vacation.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Newmanluckyman(m): 1:26pm On Aug 04, 2018
Amberon11:
Keep quiet. There is truth in his statement.
I don't agree they give northerners more but Abuja has a better success rate than Lagos and that is a fact.
...from the bolded, it's clear that you are confused and under a newly cheap produced drug. You agreed with my points and at the same time objecting it. Who did this thing to you naa?
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 04, 2018
Amberon11:
I guess abdulmuttalab was a southerner.

What dt guy said is true though. They hardly get denied. Abdulmuttallab got indoctrinated in a U.K. Mosque. Same as most isil and alqaeda terrorists.

You should remember his father went to the US embassy in Abuja to warn them of his sons radicalism. This was before he even travelled on dt journey. West African muslims are generally not considered radical.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Amberon11: 1:32pm On Aug 04, 2018
Where did you leave your comprehension?
I only agreed that the Abuja embassy has a higher success rate than their Lagos counterpart. Olodo
Newmanluckyman:
...from the bolded, it's clear that you are confused and under a newly cheap produced drug. You agreed with my points and at the same time objecting it. Who did this thing to you naa?
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by trinityconcept(m): 1:37pm On Aug 04, 2018
ikevictor:

Please stop confusing innocent Nigerians.

Whenever you have adequate ties in Nigeria, plus genuine reason plus financial capability to travel, your Visa will be granted. For all my life I have dealt with Americans, they are always always willing to help. But you must have a genuine reason. Which most Nigerian applicants do not have.

Pele

@ik victor
pls I sent u a mail
thanks a lot
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 04, 2018
trustyshoess:

Forget guarantee sef. Staying back is NOT an option. They'll tell you to go back to Nigeria and apply for a working visa from there and to be successful, you have to already have a job offer before applying. People complaining about US visa never see something for UK.

My dad became a British citizen in 2005 and then he applied for us (wife n kids) to join him in 2007. They denied flat out, claiming that us kids show no resemblance to him and therefore they don't believe we're his. And this was a time where visa policies were still relatively lenient
\

what a coincidence, i have a female friend back then in secondary school, with the same story as yours, i had to check your profile to see if you were the one but your profile pic is different....
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Newmanluckyman(m): 1:40pm On Aug 04, 2018
Amberon11:
Where did you leave your comprehension?
I only agreed that the Abuja embassy has a higher success rate than their Lagos counterpart. Olodo
...you are really confused hence the reason why US denies some Nigerians legit visa.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by trinityconcept(m): 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2018
Good day fellow nairalanders pls I'm about to be scammed who can give me an. idea about how much it can cost to get an american student visa
like an estimate pls

thanks
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by john650(m): 1:43pm On Aug 04, 2018
Hotstepper:
It can also be cuz the Canadian govt as of March/April asked that thr US should screen well who they give Visa to in Nigeria cuz there were an influx of Nigerians with US visa in Canada in March/April as in alot.

Infanct, Canadian immigration Minister sent some immigration officers to Nigerian to teach their US counterparts how to get the job done and the minister himself also went to have a talk with the Nigerian Government.
I must add that a Nigerian seeking F1 Student's Visa for a Master program is automatically a suspect to overstay their visa and the US Embassy knows this. A Master's program only requires about one to two years to complete and costs less after which the individual begins to look for ways to stay back and make money with the newly minted degree. They figured out Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by justwise(m): 1:43pm On Aug 04, 2018
kayfuture:

Bro, I have try to mail you endlessly, got a pressing issue I need to discuss with you..

Ask me your question openly here or in any of visa threads that is relevant to your question. Nothing secret about getting a visa.

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 04, 2018
Amberon11:
How old is your cousin? And what did your friend go for ?

He's 28 and he went for his masters in bus. Admin..
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 04, 2018
My own take, Nigerians we have to fix our country so that we do not have to look elsewhere for greener pasture, the world is not smiling on Nigerians anymore because we have a bad reputation i. The youth are divided as ever and the rich politicians do not even care at all. We cannot be voting for the same old recycled politicans who keep switching political parties that favor them when our economy keep getting worse. If we continue the way we are going, things will get unbearable.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by flexyrule(m): 1:51pm On Aug 04, 2018
Abbeybailey:
Sorry , you are the real shiiithole. Grew up in Chitown and I have known of the racist pig named Trump as a vile racist. So get another line since the junk you posted didn't apply to me.
]Yes. I agree and WE are the real shithole and hopefully, weare going to fix it. Very very soon.
Running cowardly to another man's land to claim citizenship is something WE'LL never do!
But Mr Chitown... I wonder what your concerns are about us in Africa.
Probably your parents cowardly ran away and you were birthed there and you'd be bragging about being a citizen. Oh yeah. You are!... So you peep in from time to time to check on your ancestral lineage... Hoping that when the "war" has been fought and hope restored... You run back with your tail in between your legs to share the glory. No worries. You are always welcome home.
Enjoy Trump Mr. Chitown
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by ShakurM(m): 1:52pm On Aug 04, 2018
Abbeybailey:
Sorry my man, America is my country and that pig is a vile racist president who doesn't like people of color coming to America but guess What, there are more than 110 millions of black and brown people in America already that are citizens.
Where did you pull 110m from out of a population of 330m where whites represent 71% of that population?         

3 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Abbeybailey(m): 1:59pm On Aug 04, 2018
ShakurM:

Where did you pull 110m from out of a population of 330m where whites represent 71% of that population?         
Blacks account for about 44 million and Hispanics are a little over 50 million. Whites I think is about 68% of the population at at last census 8 year ago and their population is dwindling daily hence the republikkkans and their theory of Browning of America.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Borntofuck: 2:02pm On Aug 04, 2018
TimeMachine:

I support the decision of the USA to deny Nigerians VISA access into their country for several reasons. Most of those who are going to study in the USA, do not come back home. The Educational trip is just a decoy to get out of the country.

Americans built their infrastructures for their citizens to enjoy, now foreigners are invading their space.

Stay in your country and fight your politicians to build your schools if you are really after Education and not a means of running away from hardship and the impending 2019
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by rattlesnake(m): 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2018
jchioma:

What were the reasons for refusal, the embassy gives reasons for refusal when you don't meet their criteria. Perhaps when you avail us of the reasons, we can then know what really happened and what to do. Because you can appeal.

U are saying what u havent experienced

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety / 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? / Lagos Rolls Out New BRT Buses, Spotted At Lekki-epe Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.