Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? (55033 Views)

Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / Italian Authorities Deport 11 Nigerian Eiye Gang Members After Arrest. Photos / Christian Pilgrimage: Israel Denies 25 Nigerians Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Abbeybailey(m): 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2018
flexyrule:
Oh save me your biography! It's not on the list of my problems Mr. Smart guy.
You are LUCKY to be a benefactor of a "working system".
Enjoy it and stop making noise on the Internet like you created it.
Deep down YOU know you don't belong there!!
If we had a better system, Trump would never look down on us.
Our system is a collosal failure. YES! We admit it and WE are going to get it FIXED.
Nice talking to you bro.
I am all for fixing up Nigeria too. Meanwhile speak about what you know not just be pharaprasing junk from a bigot who loathes people that looks like you and i. I don't know what you mean by ( You don't belong there ). The bottom line is that the racist pig loathes people that looks like you and i. Bye.

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by johnmattew: 3:16pm On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

I understood what you are saying. But in this case, the questions related to issues of law. The answers are the same the world over. My friend said he answered them correctly but the visa officer was asking irrelevant questions about why he chose the school he chose(completely unrelated to the grant of a student visa). The fact is that there is a standing order to deny genuine Nigerians American visas due to the misdeeds of other Nigerians who are abusing their visas.

The US should come out straight to issue a statement that there is a reduction in the number of visas to be issued to Nigerians henceforth. That is better than taking visa fees from Nigerians and still deny them the visas. It is a very simple matter oo. It is their country and they reserve the right to deny foreigners access to it. But they should honest about your consular objectives and policies regarding Nigeria!
Ur friend killed himself by thinking 'why he chose the school's was irrelevant....that's one of the most important first question asked by embassy......Ur answer to that question will determine (to great extend) Ur chances of getting a visa

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Oegbeyem: 3:17pm On Aug 04, 2018
lindaayim:
i live in the US. I dont know what peoples intent are but just fyi many but not all Nigerians abuse visas by overstaying....go to atlanta n see how many nigerians are there on temp visa....
But isn't this visa issue the same thing as racial profiling. Think well about this. I hope those visa officers are reading. But really it's our fault, if we developed our country, we wouldn't be applying to go and study in another country.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Vinstel: 3:19pm On Aug 04, 2018
Trump happened!!
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by cocolacec(m): 3:20pm On Aug 04, 2018
Positivepoint:

i am from the north and i was given 2 years visa even though i only spent 2 weeks. They even called me that i am back so early is it that i didnt enjoy the stay or when am i going back. i ve never heard from any northerner visa application being rejected. they usually give us two years

Only few Northerners apply for visas to travel to the Western World.Imagine for the whole of last year,only around 140 applied for Spanish Schengen visa in Abuja while 5694 applied in Lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 04, 2018
THANK God for people like us that don’t need visa grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Oegbeyem: 3:21pm On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:
I am asking this question with a heavy heart because a friend of mine told me his F1 visa application—as well as that of all intending students to the US—was denied this morning. He answered all the questions of the visa officer perfectly but he was still denied. He was aked if he is married and had kids, and he answered in the negative. Could his being single be a factor in the denial of his application? Or is there something else prompting the US embassy to deny Nigerians visas? I am really perplexed because my friend expended a lot of money to apply and gain admission to a US school. If the US doesnt want Nigerians to come to their country anymore, they can as well a formal and well publicized directive to that effect. The practice of swindling Nigerians of exorbitant visas fees must be deprecated and discouraged by the Nigerian Government.

According to my friend, all intending students for masters degree to the US were denied their visas this morning. Not even one was issued a visa. This is the height of visa discrimination and something must be done to remedy the situation. Nigerians cannot continue to waste their hard earned money to apply for visa that has already been denied by fiat of the authorities at the State Department(Foggy Bottom). We need clarity and honesty on this visa issue from US authorities. Enough is Enough. angry angry angry angry angry angry

Mods, do the needful, please.
tell your friend to get a full scholarship. He stands 90% chance of getting visa with this. That's what I'm working on.

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by mokt(m): 3:28pm On Aug 04, 2018
For me o, US is a cool place to go do whatever as lo g as it is legit. On the other hand, I would implore all Nigerians aspiring to go ther for what so ever reasons to change their destinations. They are just extorting us. Shit makes no sense at all especially when they have to deny one visa even when you are 100% legit. Koni dafun won ni Yankee embassy mhen.

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by ShakurM(m): 3:29pm On Aug 04, 2018
Abbeybailey:
It's a diverse country not white country. That's a folly on your part. In fact the natives Americans are the real indigenous Americans unlike the whites that came from Europe. Don't get your history wrong. Black slaved from Africa built much of America including the White house and the Capitol. The bottom line is that America is a diverse country and that's what the racists and their Klans supporters hate.
Not folly of any kind. A black in America is in his own country too. I know of those history already.  
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by ShakurM(m): 3:33pm On Aug 04, 2018
drakeli:
They are scared of becoming minority in their own country. If the rate of immigration goes on unchecked with Mexican flocking through their boarder and with a lot of Hispanic babies being born, white would become a minority group in 50 years.
Absolutely right. I agree with u but I know they are not scared for a fact. That word 'scared' is not it, self preservation is just what it is.        

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:
I am asking this question with a heavy heart because a friend of mine told me his F1 visa application—as well as that of all intending students to the US—was denied this morning. He answered all the questions of the visa officer perfectly but he was still denied. He was aked if he is married and had kids, and he answered in the negative. Could his being single be a factor in the denial of his application? Or is there something else prompting the US embassy to deny Nigerians visas? I am really perplexed because my friend expended a lot of money to apply and gain admission to a US school. If the US doesnt want Nigerians to come to their country anymore, they can as well a formal and well publicized directive to that effect. The practice of swindling Nigerians of exorbitant visas fees must be deprecated and discouraged by the Nigerian Government.

According to my friend, all intending students for masters degree to the US were denied their visas this morning. Not even one was issued a visa. This is the height of visa discrimination and something must be done to remedy the situation. Nigerians cannot continue to waste their hard earned money to apply for visa that has already been denied by fiat of the authorities at the State Department(Foggy Bottom). We need clarity and honesty on this visa issue from US authorities. Enough is Enough. angry angry angry angry angry angry

So u want U.S to grant visa to every Nigerian that answered every question correctly?

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 04, 2018
drakeli:
They are scared of becoming minority in their own country. If the rate of immigration goes on unchecked with Mexican flocking through their boarder and with a lot of Hispanic babies being born, white would become a minority group in 50 years.

America is not their country.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Oegbeyem: 3:36pm On Aug 04, 2018
Abbeybailey:
It all boils down to the racist in the Oval Office. It's called Browning of America and that's why Trampy said that he prefers people from Norway to come to America instead of the people from shiiithole countries in which he specifically mentioned Nigeria. That's Trump way of sending subliminal messages to the embassies around the world.
but the person that denies the most at that Lagos embassy is a black woman. She fit deny her own mama visa sef as I see that lady.

4 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by johnmattew: 3:39pm On Aug 04, 2018
smses:
Im a victim. U.S don’t want Nigerian but their money, I am doing very well with good in come, a CEO of a company and I am married for about 7 years. I applied to attend in course in U.S. but I was denial under section 214b because I don’t have strong ties, the only thing I saw was because I don’t have a child. It’s quite sad. and I believe people using agency will pay money for doing noting.
U.S. is not welcoming Nigerians, go to countries like Uk for your program. all counties have bad eggs including U.S.
lemme ask u 2 questions:was Ur course related to Ur previous degrees and who was Ur sponsor

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by johnmattew: 3:45pm On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

lemme tell u why Ur friend was denied.

questions like have u travelled out b4,are u married?,did u write any exams? are just secondary questions asked when the VO couldn't get a convincing answers to to previous questions like : why u chose the university and what will the course do for u

when u answer the most important questions well,which are reasons y u chose the school and the degrees,other questions like Ur travel history and marriage won't be asked.

applicants going to ivy league schools are usually not asked those questions Ur friend was asked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by pacespot(m): 3:52pm On Aug 04, 2018
these people deny you visa for only reason known to them, it might even your personal appearance, they don't like your face in their country. Everybody is afraid of Nigerians, I myself, but they should return the visa fee now smiley. Everything in this world is programmed for the rich, if you're rich, all the limitations disappeared. Shame sad
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by adeoba2008(m): 3:53pm On Aug 04, 2018
After getting my passport last month, when I read all these comments, I am still afraid of applying for a visa to the USA. I don't why I am damn scared.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 04, 2018
drakeli:

Very valid point

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by InvertedHammer: 3:53pm On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

Enough is Enough. angry angry angry angry angry angry

/
On top say you wan go person house and he refused?

/
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Abbeybailey(m): 3:54pm On Aug 04, 2018
Oegbeyem:
but the person that denies the most at that Lagos embassy is a black woman. She fit deny her own mama visa sef as I see that lady.
Yes. She's following the directions of the big bosses. Some bscjd have self hated too.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 04, 2018
queendoreez:

Left to me i'll advise Nigerians to boycott US embassy, that country is over rated and full of sh*t. Focus on going to Europe and getting an EU passport, with that you can travel to US visa free for 90days .
My 1cent!

Thanks for this info
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 04, 2018
Abbeybailey:
With That i am going with the last census 8 years ago but another one is coming up I 2020. I know the white population is going down rapidly. It used to be around 87% while I was growing up in the 80s and now it's not even up to 70%. The bottom line is that the right wing nativitists and nationalists are scared to death and frankly, it's too late because the ship has left the dock.

You are so correct!! Republicans are scared that the number of white Americans are diminishing rapidly like flash!!
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by BigIyanga: 3:59pm On Aug 04, 2018
justwise:
[/b]

How can they fail when those Nigerians are losing their money without getting the visa?
Did you not read terms and conditions stating that payment of application fee doesnt guarantee visa?
So Naija universities offer u admission once u pay application fee??
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Atigba: 4:15pm On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

No more visa for you guys

America presently is almost ungovernable due to people like una.

After they grant you people visa, what did you do?

You join the democratic party to cause chaos.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Seal33: 4:16pm On Aug 04, 2018
It's amazing how the US continues to deny many Nigerians visa every year
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by Originalsly: 4:17pm On Aug 04, 2018
Nukilia:

FYI, Trump is a great guy delivering on the electoral promises.
Those cheering Trump up are not stupid at all, theyre taking their country back from folks who want to turn America into a hellhole.

Bro...open your eyes and stop being foolish. What does he mean by taking our country back?.... back from whom?..or back to what? Do you even have a clue that taking our country back is coded?...taking our country back to Jim Crow days....White Supremacy days ...I can see you on your knees begging to join the Ku Klux Klan. Even Whites openly call out and label Trump a racist...and here you are...saying he is a good man.... I wouldn't be suprised to learn you were found dangling on one of those trees that bear Strange Fruits.

2 Likes

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by justwise(m): 4:17pm On Aug 04, 2018
BigIyanga:

Did you not read terms and conditions stating that payment of application fee doesnt guarantee visa?
So Naija universities offer u admission once u pay application fee??

You are not following the argument to the post you quoted, you probably need to read back again to see why you are asking me the wrong question.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by dgee1(m): 4:18pm On Aug 04, 2018
[quote author=djon78 post=69979497]When you guys are all running away from the country. No iota of shame again.
My own is to restructure Nigeria, let every part develop at its pace.
Not running away to another man's land.
When opportunity came for me to travel overseas and study. I didn't even agree. My parents had to sit me down that it was for my own good. I later agreed.
It was a very good academic experience. Met a lot of Nigerians from wealthy homes. I shared same school apartment with namadi sambos nephew Hausa boy(the guy got job with LNG Bonny when he came back) . I was very close to a lot of Hausa Fulani boys, na them be real ajebos. It was in my schooling I begin respect naija money. You see all those rich kids living exotic life. I was hanging out with many of them during weekends in club then in my first year. By second year I quit the hanging out so that I face my studies jare make I face what I came to do. Wrote my last exam December of that year, by January got my return ticket and returned to Naija. Home is home and me I like am here jo.

Although maybe when my wife go deliver our first baby next year we may go to Canada for delivery on legal migration. My sister and husband and kids migrated to Canada this April. I will want my kids to have the citizenship of that country. I prefer it to US.

Bro, please ,can I tap into your blessings? I need a job. I am an applied chemistry graduate. Its been tough. I've been making efforts but I promised myself not to get frustrated. I applied for the DPR recruitment but got rigged-out recently by the 'stake holders'.

I am an hard and faithful worker and just need someone to give me the opportunity to prove abilities. I can also take up responsibilities outside my field. Maybe just a push in the right direction.

Thank you.
Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by kpolli(m): 4:20pm On Aug 04, 2018
resurgent2019:

According to this thread https://www.nairaland.com/4225931/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/488 people are getting visas so your analysis is wrong, can your friend share his exact interview experience because what he feels is right might not have been the right answers.... Plus what exams did he do, how many schools did he apply to? His whole portfolio is what matters not by how he felt he did with question answering

1 Like

Re: Is There An Order From US Authorities To Deny Nigerians Visas? by topdee(m): 4:23pm On Aug 04, 2018
TimeMachine:

I support the decision of the USA to deny Nigerians VISA access into their country for several reasons. Most of those who are going to study in the USA, do not come back home. The Educational trip is just a decoy to get out of the country.

Americans built their infrastructures for their citizens to enjoy, now foreigners are invading their space.

Stay in your country and fight your politicians to build your schools if you are really after Education and not a means of running away from hardship and the impending 2019 implosion.

Really? First and foremost, America is literally a "no man's land": a significant majority of people in the US have been foreigners at some point (referring to the lineage). The infrastructure you talked about was built by foreigners.

In fact, many top tech companies in the US was founded/cofounded by foreigners who were once enrolled in school; in Silicon Valley majority of the people there are foreigners who were once on visas, some are still on visas. The booming real estates and housing is as a result of foreigners. Many of these same foreigners have better credibility than some US citizens (with reference to background checks, credit scores, criminal records, etc.).

Generally, Americans don't study past a bachelor's degree, many don't study past high school. Most of the professors in schools were once foreigners, and a large number of students in the top tier universities are even foreigners. Most people studying masters, MBA or PhD are foreigners. Without foreigners most university endowment in the US will be very low.

Most foreigners are even more law abiding than its citizens. Without foreigners US economy will be merely like that of Mexico.

Yes, I know many people abuse the visa, but a majority of Nigerians who attend school in the US with student visa excel academically, and whether you like it or not, these same students add value to the US economy when they get jobs (I'm referring to students enrolled in STEM programs). I know many people who got jobs in the US after school, worked for a while and after gaining valuable experience returned to Nigeria to setup their business.

Have you ever reasoned that some times in order to critically examine something, one needs a different exposure to cultivate a different mindset: corruption is looming in Nigeria, to the extent that the average Nigerian, who haven't probably left the shores of Nigeria, with the wit to boycott corruption might fail at it. International exposure could play a major role in tackling corruption in Nigeria.

The "hardship" you mentioned isn't anyone's choice (referring to the youth), but the foundation of which the economy was built on is the problem. At times, one may need to breathe a different air to see things from different perspective in order to solve problems.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? / Nigerians In Ukraine Distributing And Displaying Nigerian Flags For Safety / Lagos Rolls Out New BRT Buses, Spotted At Lekki-epe Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.