Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,832 members, 7,956,147 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:36 AM

Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? (30094 Views)

How Am I Suppose To Fight For My Home Here? / How To Earn Regular Daily Income As A Driver With Roosca! |#Family & Life| / Help! My Boss Is Making My Family Life Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 04, 2018
twerkjack:
Later u men will say u want a God fearing woman for marriage. So Someone cannot serve their God wholefully in peace again? Because ur married?? Marriage was always baseless sef.. That’s y Paul encouraged no marriage and celebacy. cool

I have a feeling , this Op is not telling the clean truth??
God fearing doesn't mean you must be a church goer. Most church goers are not God fearing. Most of those pastors are even Devil in Disguise. God fearing means someone that cannot hurt another, that obey and all for the love of God. Someone whose ready to keep all commandments of God. And why would a church fix programmes that would take about 80% of the time of their members? Do the church want her members become a beggar? They know they have families, businesses they need to take care of, so they should abandon them all. People should stop serving God the wrong way, they don't just understand Jesus Christ at all. Mtcheew. That's why Paul encouraged celibacy, how do you think it would have bn possible for him to travel around the world preaching about our Lord Jesus Christ if he has Families and businesses to take care of? If the siad wife want to serve/worship God, she should abandon her family and life once and for all and go ahead, buh it's obvious she's serving her pastor (God forgive me for this allegation, Amen) instead of God. Cuz if not, how on earth can she respect her pastor so much that she has to bring him to interfere in her family business? In a while now, they'd start preaching and convincing her in the church circle that her husband is evil and he doesn't want her to serve God where as all the man wanted wad/is doing so moderately. I smh for some women ehn.

2 Likes

Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by BigBashiru: 2:50pm On Aug 04, 2018
Name the church. I complained about something similar; please name the church.....
Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by Jetland(m): 2:50pm On Aug 04, 2018
kennygee:
Your wife needs to ask her self certain questions.

Then I'm surprised that as a couple, you don't attend the same church. The man is the head of the family altar, it is obvious your family didn't have one, so your wife is taking the bull by the horn and has become over zealous.

You are ti blame for it. But it is not enough to put your wife away, schedule an appointment with her pastor and explain how your wife's over zealousness is affecting your marriage, then talk to your wife. Make her understand her priority is her home, unless she's not ready to be married.

You two should look for a good church you both can attend and grow spiritually, cause it looks like you're lagging behind spiritually.

Truth is, your wife is disregarding her duty as a wife to submit, but make yourself a man that is worth submitting to. You have to be able to lead her in all aspect, including spiritually.

I wish you well.
What a smart comment! This is one of the intelligent comments I have ever seen on nairaland. But wait oo, when I checked your profile cos I was tempted to, I discovered you registered since 2006. Shey nah you and Seun create nairaland?
Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by oyoofong(m): 2:51pm On Aug 04, 2018
Join her and stop complaining,oga!
Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by AngelicBeing: 2:54pm On Aug 04, 2018
uboma:
Your wife may be sleeping with the supposed "Pastor" of the Church.
shocked

2 Likes

Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by Irorokhose: 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2018
Well,as a marriage counsellor I would advice that you hold a meeting with your wife,her friend who invited her to the church, her pastor and any body you know she respects from tour own side( could be family member or friend d) and then talk things over. You will have a positive report.
Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by sorepco(m): 3:08pm On Aug 04, 2018
Stop confusing us...u r not divorced but seperated...

daveson07:
the first paragraph states divorce bt nt Legal.

1 Like

Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by Ishilove: 3:09pm On Aug 04, 2018
daveson07:
ok. Quick question,,if u ask someone several times to stop doing somtin u don't like,nd dat sum1 promise nt to do it again nd yet he/she never quits doin it,,wots d next line of action?,cause am really confused
You're arguing with kids who don't know what marriage is about.

1 Like

Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by Malawian(m): 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2018
Join her in that new church to know whats up. if she becomes defensive or something, then look toward the pastor for where your problems is coming from.
Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by allanphash7(m): 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2018
Lol

Walahi o gbadun ooo
kmcutez:

Lord ko, slave ni. Are you practicing witchcraft? Just be commanding a full grown adult to obey you just like that, all because you have a dangling rod in between your legs.

What happened to communication and compromise?
Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by kliffo(m): 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2018
The pastor is obviously in control of your wife beyond normal church duties. It will not be a surprise if they are having an amoral relationship. Other people have mentioned this angle and you ignored it. That means you are probably already aware of that.
Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by ladygudhead(f): 3:15pm On Aug 04, 2018
The church starts from the home, if you fail in the Homefront it will be dificult for you to make heaven.
Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by InvertedHammer: 3:18pm On Aug 04, 2018
/
A lady that belongs to many little committees, associations, organizations in a church must be avoided at all costs. You may think she is a good Christian. Nope. That's the first sign of someone who could easily be manipulated. Your money ain't going to be safe. Your marriage ain't going to be safe. Pastors prey on weaklings like her.

//

3 Likes

Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by fkj950ax(m): 3:22pm On Aug 04, 2018
LewsTherin:
First I will take this from a Christian's point of view.
?

You have sure read your Bible, and studied God's word with the help of the Holy Spirit.

God bless you and make all your aspirations come through.
Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by missjane: 3:24pm On Aug 04, 2018
Well if u ask me, if this church ish is the only short coming she has, don't worry, bring her back home, I will give u reasons..one is that u need to pray about this n apply wisdom..give her space in d house, try ur best to make ur meals urself even if it's bread for u n ur daughter.. totally neglect ur wife's existence, answer her greetings o, talk normally to her..n try ur best not to touch her at night no matter how much she begs u..
U can even pretend that u r cheating like always being on ur phone n laughing like u r flirt chatting..
By the time she goes to church again n sees how her pastor n his wife are playing love, she will advise herself not to throw away the one God has given her..
Self advise na em be the best..
Bring her back..
The guilt u feel on moving her out is a way God is saying u took a wrong step. she will only go to church n call it persecution this n that wen she is not doing d right thing o..
Second reason is this , how sure are u that the next woman u marry won't cheat maltreat ur daughter incase u r not around to defend her..
Ur daughter is watching ur actions and it can shape her belief on how women should be treated..
Peace..

1 Like

Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by package7(m): 3:25pm On Aug 04, 2018
Relief her position has legal wife... Period
Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by Exposedforall: 3:25pm On Aug 04, 2018
kennygee:
Your wife needs to ask her self certain questions.

Then I'm surprised that as a couple, you don't attend the same church. The man is the head of the family altar, it is obvious your family didn't have one, so your wife is taking the bull by the horn and has become over zealous.

You are ti blame for it. But it is not enough to put your wife away, schedule an appointment with her pastor and explain how your wife's over zealousness is affecting your marriage, then talk to your wife. Make her understand her priority is her home, unless she's not ready to be married.

You two should look for a good church you both can attend and grow spiritually, cause it looks like you're lagging behind spiritually.

Truth is, your wife is disregarding her duty as a wife to submit, but make yourself a man that is worth submitting to. You have to be able to lead her in all aspect, including spiritually.

I wish you well.
Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 04, 2018
daveson07:
she is not with me rite now and her family and i ain't dat close, am only close to his father nd he is a business man he isn't around
Doesn't he have a phone??
Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by beeijeoma: 3:33pm On Aug 04, 2018
Your wife is not serious at all. It is good to serve God but you need to still live up to the rest of your resposibilities. Church is not an excuse for neglecting your job or home. I feel for you because i have seen this story play out before. I encourage you to hang in there, take care of your kid just let her be . Until her eyes clear she will not listen.
Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by Green222: 3:34pm On Aug 04, 2018
You still love your wife. LOVE IS WHEN YOU TAKE THE FEELINGS AND THE ROMANCE IN THE RELATIONSHIP AND YOU STILL CARE. Never say goodbye if you can't let go. Shake your wife small and bring her back Dear. They are worst women out there and their husbands are tolerating them.
Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by ptreasure(f): 3:36pm On Aug 04, 2018
It is possible that your wife is now a victim of those cult(fraudsters who parade as pastors), she may have been manipulated into giving her time, sowing seed to the pastor. I am sure that she may not really understand all thats happening around her so you will need to see the so called pastor,her friend, her family and also ur church pastor should be involved so that your home will be united back.
Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by Nightmareo07: 3:38pm On Aug 04, 2018
daveson07:
wives(or women) are not meant to be controlled or disciplined,dey hav to submit on dere own free will,,datz how marriages can be enjoyed...

I hope she is not sleeping around.
I'm just saying , things really ar happening these days o.
Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by jiorhemen(m): 3:39pm On Aug 04, 2018
daveson07:
This might sounds insane to many people but that's the pure truth,,my family life is at the brink(divorced but not yet legal)

as am typing this, i'm in deep confusion and pain.
It started some years back, my wife started going to this church (name withheld) that one of her friends invited her to join, at first i really don't care cause women(or girls)of nowadays can't be controlled cause of this equality bull.shit.

Now it's affecting me and i can't cope again,Monday to Sunday now it's one programme after anoder,,night vigil,special prayers and all.

Sometimes I eat late in the night,she would'nt return on time to prepare dinner,no time to have normal and enjoyable s€x with my spouse,she is always busy with church activities

I've complained several times and she will always promise to change,all to no avail,i even asked her never to attend dat church again,next ting i know their pastor was at mah door step begging me to retract my decision that evriting will change..(noting changes,it's even worse)

So,since i can't make her to desist from goin to the said church,i actually commot her from my house,since dat church is affecting her business also,she does'nt have time for shop again..

The main reason i wrote all dat sermon is dat,was i wrong in anyway? Cause i'm feeling guilty rite now and dats wots causing d pain in mah heart

ignore all typo and just try to get my point,,,PLEASE HELP A BRODER AM REALLY CONFUSED...tnx in advance

The only thing I can say is that you shouldn't feel guilty. If the story isn't different from the way you narrated it, it isn't your fault. You also need to be security conscious, both physically and spiritually. Pastors of such churches are not trustworthy.
Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by pawesome(m): 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2018
daveson07:
This might sounds insane to many people but that's the pure truth,,my family life is at the brink(divorced but not yet legal)

It started some years back, my wife started going to this church (name withheld) that one of her friends invited her to join, at first i really don't care cause women(or girls)of nowadays can't be controlled cause of this equality bull.shit.

Now it's affecting me and i can't cope again,Monday to Sunday now it's one programme after anoder,,night vigil,special prayers and all.

Sometimes I eat late in the night,she would'nt return on time to prepare dinner,no time to have normal and enjoyable s€x with my spouse,she is always busy with church activities

I've complained several times and she will always promise to change,all to no avail,i even asked her never to attend dat church again,next ting i know their pastor was at mah door step begging me to retract my decision that evriting will change..(noting changes,it's even worse)

So,since i can't make her to desist from goin to the said church,i actually commot her from my house,since dat church is affecting her business also,she does'nt have time for shop again..

The main reason i wrote all dat sermon is dat,was i wrong in anyway? Cause i'm feeling guilty rite now and dats wots causing d pain in mah heart

ignore all typo and just try to get my point,,,PLEASE HELP A BRODER AM REALLY CONFUSED...tnx in advance

do not be surprised when they refer to you as the devil that wants to stop her from worshipping God.. They will still use the Bible to cover for that so do not be surprised if she does not feel remorseful
Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 04, 2018
Jetland:

What a smart comment! This is one of the intelligent comments I have ever seen on nairaland. But wait oo, when I checked your profile cos I was tempted to, I discovered you registered since 2006. Shey nah you and Seun create nairaland?

My dear, I was privileged to have internet in my home in my early teens. That was how I stumbled on NL.
Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by jibs4lv(m): 3:44pm On Aug 04, 2018
LewsTherin:
First I will take this from a Christian's point of view.
Second I will assume what the OP posted is the whole story.

Your duties to God begin from those immediately around you. This means husband/wife and children first. IN THAT ORDER. Anyone doing “church“ or ministry work to the detriment or family and secular work is not working for God.

I remember a testimony from my youth. The lady was always at the church early in the morning everyday to clean up before she leaves for her paid employment. As a result she always got to work sometime after 9am. One morning while cleaning she heard a voice from God asking what time it was. It was well after 8am. God asked her what time her office was open and when she was to resume. She said 8 am. God asked what she was doing in church. He took no pleasure in her service

It is very easy for people to make their churches into emotional crutches and fail to see the damage they are causing in their secular lives. Even the bible admits that we are IN this world and so should render to Ceaser what is his.

Also realise that there are church leaders who like to make a cult following for themselves, where everything about the lives of their members is tied to them. I fear your wife is in such a setting.

Breaking someone out of a cult is an extremely difficult thing. You can Google and see what steps can fit your situation. But know one thing. Agressive displays of anger will drive her further into that cult mentality and further away from you.

But how did your wife get to become a member of a church you are not a part of? Did you have a church you were both committed to when you got married?
Wetting we no go see on SMs @bold you mean God call you to sit down and asking that woman those question like father asking question from the junior one in presence of the older one hummm all ths religion extremists sef grin cheesy
Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by jibs4lv(m): 3:50pm On Aug 04, 2018
Leonbonapart:
just look at the way you are saying 'Cult' 'cult' 'cult'.... You've judged and condemned her already without knowing the whole story. And you call yourself a Christian.

Thank God say man no be God
It's funny thinking that one is a Xian, read the 3rd paragraph again and tell if chritanity works that way .
Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by Eze2000(m): 3:50pm On Aug 04, 2018
daveson07:

Hello bro,

You have been stupid! Listen and listen well.

1. Why did God create a woman?
Answer: To be a man's companion for 'it is not good for man to be alone'.

2. God said... "Worship me, believe in me, honor me' for I am God and tolerate no rival."
Food For Thought; Where did he say 'be my slave?"

3. In God's structure of creation, a man must have dominion over his household. HIS WIFE MUST OBEY HIM COMPLETELY, BE BY HIS SIDE AT ALL TIMES AND MAKE HIM HAPPY for she is a blessing unto him.... 'He that findet a good wife findeth a good thing'
This is the single reason why there is a critical shortage of 'prophetesses in the world' ever since biblical times. All the powerful women you see in God's work today are merely support systems for their husbands. That is how God made the world, the woman is the shoulder on which the family rests and the man's support system.
Your life right now. Where is your good thing? Your support system?

4. How do you even know your wife is going to a good church?
Food for thought: A church that encourages the woman to leave her husband often even at night when he needs her care and comfort after a hard day at work, what kind of church is that? Or even better what kind of pastor is leading it? The seed of dissatisfaction is being planted in you daily and your woman is frequenting a public place alone, a place where temptation can be a problem if care is not taken! Are you fanning the flames of adultery or what?

5. If I may ask what is she praying and fasting so fervently about that is so important that the problem it is causing at home does not matter? Do you save your car and lose your house?

Your description of your wife reminds me of people who server God dedicatedly for years but still manage to live a shambolic life that leads to nowhere but hell. Why? They do not know what they are doing. Let me give you an example. Compare the Jehova's witness doctrine of sexual intercourse in marriage and King Solomons ideology of it...he created many songs on sex in the bible! But hey, the witnesses will tell you all about how its a sin to enjoy your own wife!

Most of the churches you see don't serve God but appear to do so. Any church that servers God worships him morning and evening in services each day and a few other special services during the week. Even the people that live in the church do not attend all.

God gave man life and a free will to live it. Wine and his wife are for his pleasure. the children are a blessing unto him. When your life is complete, you must thank God but it seems your life is being torn apart by a pastor while you blame God. STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You do not know me but a search of my history here will tell you something. I am among the best authors on the Nairaland literature section (my name is on every such best of the best list down there) but guess what? That's only a thing i do. I am a prophet of the living God but my time is not yet come. Three years ago when i first registered here, I opened a trend on here in the relationships section asking for help in finding a wife...'Can a prophet find a good wife' that was what i titled it, but was insulted very badly. I made no reply. I mention this so you will know the person talking to you. I'm a chemical engineer by training being forced to serve God but refused, a situation which complicated my life beyond anything you can imagine. Many are called but few are chosen. But so very many just call themselves, anyway, in order to get rich. Even till this day, i have not married because I want to find my 'support system' so i won't leave loopholes for Satan to exploit when finally i stand in God's work in a major way which is what Satan is trying to stop.
God has instructed that I must marry this year and my search will begin next month.

Senseless pastors causing problems for people and leading them to see God and Churches as bad, that was why I ran away from God's calling many years ago as a smart child. I was called at age 15. Yes, you heard right ...15. I saw my first vision and started communicating directly with supernatural beings at that age. This is the sole reason why all the stories i have written today have supernatural angles... all except one which is modeled on Boko Haram and corruption.

Tell that pastor to go to his home and leaves yours. Make your wife yours but do not deny her the food of spirit, however, don't let her eat that food blindly like she is currently doing for it will get her nowhere fast.

Let her serve her God with reason and so should you.

The greatest trick Satan ever played on man is to convince him he does not exist.
Fix your home or lose it.

2 Likes

Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 04, 2018
daveson07:

Allow her to go and marry the pastor n Jesus Christ.
Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by blesoh(f): 3:57pm On Aug 04, 2018
I know it's one of those prophecy churches where you become a slave to them forever.
It's hard to make her see reasons with you because the pastor has already brainwashed her.
Just take things easy with her, call her back and explain things with her
Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by Cindy95(f): 3:57pm On Aug 04, 2018
if only women/wives will transfer the attention and respect they shower on the church/pastor to their homes, they will be peace...
the worst of it all is that, the pastor's/prophet/priest will never tell them the truth nd some will go as far as breaking the home entirely...

it's highly time we women learn to take care of our home first...
I pray God help us...

2 Likes

Re: Is Church Life Suppose To Affect Family Life? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 04, 2018
Eze2000:

Hello bro,

You have been stupid! Listen and listen well.

1. Why did God create a woman?
Answer: To be a man's companion for 'it is not good for man to be alone'.

2. God said... "Worship me, believe in me, honor me' for I am God and tolerate no rival."
Food For Thought; Where did he say 'be my slave?"

3. In God structure of creation, a man must have dominion over his household. HE WIFE MUST OBEY HIM COMPLETELY, BE BY HIS SIDE AT ALL TIMES AND MAKE HIM HAPPY for she is a blessing unto him.... 'He that findet a good wife findeth a good thing'
This is the single reason why there is a critical shortage of 'prophetesses in the world' ever since biblical times. All the powerful women you see in God's work today are merely support systems for their husbands. That is how God made the world, the woman is the sholder of the family and the man's support system.
Your life right now. Where is your good thing? Your support system?

4. How do you know your wife is going to a good church?
Food for thought: A church that encourages the woman to leave her husband often even at night when he needs her care and comfort after a hard day at work, what kind of church is that? Or even better what kind of pastor is leading it? The seed of dissatisfaction is being planted in you and your woman is frequenting a public place alone, a place where temptation can be a problem in care is not taken! Are you fanning the fire of adultery or what?

5. If I may ask what she is praying and fasting so fervently about that is so important that the problem it is causing does not matter? Do you save your car and lose your house?

Your description of your wife reminds me of people who server God dedicatedly for years but still manage to go a shambolic life that leads to nowhere but hell. Why? They do not know what they are doing. Let me give you an example. Compare the Jehova's witness doctrine of sexual intercourse in marriage and King Solomons ideology of it...he created many songs on sex in the bible! But hey, the witnesses will tell you all about how its a sin to enjoy your own wife!

Most of the churches you see don't serve God but appear to do so. Any church that servers God worships him morning and evening in services and a few other special services during the week. Even the people that live in the church do not attend all.

God gave man life and a free will. Wine and his wife and for his pleasure. the children are a blessing unto him. When you life is complete you must thank God but it seems your life is being torn apart by a pastor while you blame God. STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You do not know me but a search of my history here will tell you something. I am among the best authors on the Nairaland literature section but guess what? That's only a thing i do. I am a prohet of the liveing God but my time is not yet come. Three years ago when i first registered here, I opened a thred on here asking for help in finding a wife but was insulted. I metion this so you will know the person talking to you. I'm a chemical engineer by training being forced to serve God but refused, a situation which complicated my life beyond anything you can imagine. Many are called but few are chosen. But so very many just call themselves in order to get rich. Even till this day, i have not married because I want to find my 'support system' so i won't leave loop holes for satan to expoliot when finally i stand in God's work in a major way which is what Satan is trying to stop.
God has instructed that I must marry this year and my search will begin next month.

Senseless pastors causing problems for people and leading them to see God and Churches as bad is why i ran away from calling many years ago as a child. I was called at age 15. Yes, you heard right ...15.

Tell that pastor to go to his home and leaves yours. Make your wife yours but do not deny her the food of spirit, however, don't let her eat that food blindly for she will get nowhere fast.

Let her serve her God with reason and so should you.

The greatest trick Satan ever played on man is to convince him he does not exist.
Fix your home or lose it.

the Christianity Satan is a figment of ur imagination.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Four Sisters Get Matching Tattoos / Adorable Family Picture Of Cute Kids; 6 Boys, 1 Girl / My To Be In-laws Are Frustrating Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.