Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? (44933 Views)

Help! I Want To Leave My Wife / How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? / I Want To Leave My Wife For My Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by HajimeSaito(m): 10:19pm On Aug 09, 2018
The funny thing about freeloaders is that if the shoe is on the other foot, they won't be understanding or supportive.

8 Likes

Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by cana882(m): 10:20pm On Aug 09, 2018
tell him your babe is visiting & she'll stay for a minimum of two weeks. This will work better than daura's plan grin

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 09, 2018
Reader530:
Good day nairalanders. I want a sincere advice from you people.

A friend visited me almost two weeks ago. He has never visited me before, but when he came I thought he would not spent more than two days because apart from the cloth he was wearing the day he came, he didn't bring additional cloth, no brush, no soap, etc.

At first, he told me he can stay with me even up to a month with one cloth. He said, besides, he was sacked from his work.

Today, he forgot that he told me he was sacked; but he told me that he is on annual leave. The father asked him to come home for burial of his relative but he told me he would not go. I told him Npower has not paid us, but I will source for his transport, but he doesn't understand me. He thought, I will give him the whole money even if Npower pays, all the money I planned and budgeted for his coming was exhausted. I added some money to make sure he eats good meal thrice in a day.

In a nutshell, I am tired, I want to be alone for now. How should I tell him I want him to leave in a pleasant manner. Please positive advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks all

Don't do that please embarassed
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by deepwater(f): 10:21pm On Aug 09, 2018
Op is more concerned about the "one cloth" grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by denjjy(m): 10:22pm On Aug 09, 2018
tell him you're money ritualist and you need a very close friend to be sacrificed for the next money ritual. him go tear race like antelope...... lol

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by happy200(m): 10:22pm On Aug 09, 2018
why not ask him what his problems are that made him run to u without notice, then sugest ways he can solve the problem no condition is perminent, also explain to him reasons, plans and implications of his sudden visitation to ur budgets.
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Curry30: 10:23pm On Aug 09, 2018
Son, you don't need to debate this.

Look the mofo in the eye and say "Nyukka you gotta go"

Shiit son, nyukkas be so soft these days!!!
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by cbnileowo: 10:24pm On Aug 09, 2018
poison him joor
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Malawian(m): 10:26pm On Aug 09, 2018
Reader530:

Thanks, he can stay for even a year but he should have come with three pairs of clothes, he came with the cloth on his body, thinking that, he won't stay long. My brother, it is not easy to stay with someone that is not straight forward and keep enjoying it. Don't u know that u can't manage someone easily like u can manage yourself?
I had that kind of friend. I just made sure he didn't know my new place.

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by FA13(m): 10:26pm On Aug 09, 2018
Quiescere:

If "he can stay even for a year", then why're you complaining? In your OP you said "you're tired" (likely of feeding him 3x daily and giving him money), "want to be alone" and "want him to leave in a pleasant manner". Now "he can stay for even a year". You seem confused.

Really, You are analytical.
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by valgbo(m): 10:28pm On Aug 09, 2018
addikt:
VERY EASY, IT WILL ONLY COST YOU 100 NAIRA.

1 TELL HIM YOU'RE TRAVELLING TOMORROW

2 WAKE UP AND PACK YOUR THINGS AND HE'LL DO THE SAME AS HE'LL BE SET TO LEAVE TOO,IT'S YOUR HOUSE SO YOU'RE TAKING YOUR KEY ALONG !...

3 TAKE A BIKE TO ANOTHER DIRECTION WHILE HE LEAVES TO HIS OWN DESTINATION ,

4 TELL THE BIKE MAN YOU FORGOT SOMETHING AT HOME ,TURN BACK AND GO HOME , PAY THE BIKEMAN....

I HAVE DONE THIS SEVERAL TIMES !!!

guy so you weren't really traveling when you told me you were..na wa for you oooh, na so you take whine me

12 Likes

Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by zinizta: 10:30pm On Aug 09, 2018
Reader530:

A friend visited me almost two weeks ago. He has never visited me before, but when he came I thought he would not spent more than two days because apart from the cloth he was wearing the day he came, he didn't bring additional cloth, no brush, no soap, etc.

At first, he told me he can stay with me even up to a month with one cloth. He said, besides, he was sacked from his work.

Today, he forgot that he told me he was sacked; but he told me that he is on annual leave. The father asked him to come home for burial of his relative but he told me he would not go. I told him Npower has not paid us, but I will source for his transport, but he doesn't understand me. He thought, I will give him the whole money even if Npower pays, all the money I planned and budgeted for his coming was exhausted. I added some money to make sure he eats good meal thrice in a day.

In a nutshell, I am tired, I want to be alone for now. How should I tell him I want him to leave in a pleasant manner. Please positive advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks all

say *insert his name* I need you to go by *insert a specific date* because *insert an excuse* ...
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by YorubaAssasin: 10:30pm On Aug 09, 2018
kimbraa:
I read your post again, but that doesn't seem like your worries. You mentioned you needed privacy when he hasn't lived up to a month, now you don't mind him staying up to a year? If you feel he's draining your resources and you don't have, can't you communicate that?

You can't manage any adult as you would manage yourself, but you can be accommodating. If he isn't straight forward, talk to him.

Ms. 'I know it all', why can't you accommodate him then? Seems like you barely get any male attention sef.. undecided

Pesin ask for una opinion, una dey interrogate am.. angry

Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Gloriawinning: 10:31pm On Aug 09, 2018
I love. Being a woman kiss One afternoon after enough eating and gusting before I pack plate , I’d just say; My dear when do you plan to leave anyway? . Im asking so if you are thinking of 2 to 3 more days we can start putting resources together and share bills and food shopping cos things are a bit tight.
Alternatively, say I want to see you for a momennt please. Looks like you have stayed longer than you probably thought , we might be better off putting resources together for bills and food if you plan To stay than 2 to 3 more days .
Him go pack his bags grin

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by adamsflick(m): 10:31pm On Aug 09, 2018
Simple, tell him your landlord does not like the arrangement, some landlords can be like that, they tend to restrict how long a visitor can stay at your place especially if you're not married

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by 360great(m): 10:31pm On Aug 09, 2018
I'm 99% sure he is from the south east.
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by binarykid(m): 10:32pm On Aug 09, 2018
OneCorner:
Burn his best clothes

His only clothes you mean? grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by eleko1: 10:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
sad undecided sad A friend dat lie to u is not a friend. This one is desperate/dangerous. Chase him out b4 FSARS/SARS come drag u.May u not see evil . U aren't a father Xmas. .Try this, , strap white/red clothe around ur waist, buy egg and paint it in black.Buy red, blue, yellow candles and begin dey chant incantation(Call his name and mix am with fake mulutum, mulamka,)from 12 midnight, he go runz

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by ATM624(m): 10:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
For This 9ja eh some people just they like parasite............gentle man just tell him you wanna travel ,don't buy food for house again nobody go tell him before e go waka

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by blackgold2018(m): 10:34pm On Aug 09, 2018
Reader530:

Thanks all
it seems you are too good and kind. He's using that against you and as advantage over you.
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 09, 2018
FA13:

Really, You are analytical.
Thanks!
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by davillian(m): 10:35pm On Aug 09, 2018
We don house stranger from street for a year
It's difficult though but if you are capable of still providing for the house fine or else encourage him to get something doing to support you or else he should leave.
But the guy who stayed with me balanced after six month he got a job saved and got his own place.
He treats me like a god till now.

21 Likes

Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by kingBenedict: 10:37pm On Aug 09, 2018
Niggers always coming to seek opinions on NL...mature guys ooh...na wa ooh...if you are not critical enough, you will get more confused on NL. Different comments... OP has been contradicting himself through his replies too... Conclusion : OP isn't a man and he is also multi-tongued...

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Jidibia(m): 10:37pm On Aug 09, 2018
addikt:
VERY EASY, IT WILL ONLY COST YOU 100 NAIRA.

1 TELL HIM YOU'RE TRAVELLING TOMORROW

2 WAKE UP AND PACK YOUR THINGS AND HE'LL DO THE SAME AS HE'LL BE SET TO LEAVE TOO,IT'S YOUR HOUSE SO YOU'RE TAKING YOUR KEY ALONG !...

3 TAKE A BIKE TO ANOTHER DIRECTION WHILE HE LEAVES TO HIS OWN DESTINATION ,

4 TELL THE BIKE MAN YOU FORGOT SOMETHING AT HOME ,TURN BACK AND GO HOME , PAY THE BIKEMAN....

I HAVE DONE THIS SEVERAL TIMES !!!

And you will do it again. Lol...

1 Like

Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Lastanza: 10:37pm On Aug 09, 2018
If you have a girl friend, use her to inconvenience him and he would leave. There are many ways you and ur girl can plan and softly make the house uncomfortable for him.
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by alenwup(m): 10:39pm On Aug 09, 2018
Reader530:

Thanks, he can stay for even a year but he should have come with three pairs of clothes, he came with the cloth on his body, thinking that, he won't stay long. My brother, it is not easy to stay with someone that is not straight forward and keep enjoying it. Don't u know that u can't manage someone easily like u can manage yourself?
I don't know how you two became friends in the first place since he isn't straightforward. Things can't always be the way we wish. Definitely, I mean most definitely, he will go one day. Just a little patience with a "friend", brother
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 09, 2018
kimbraa:
I don't understand. It doesn't seem like he has even stayed up to a month, and you're already complaining of privacy. I think he's going through a lot and a good friend would be understanding. I'm not trying to blackmail you whatsoever, I just think you shouldn't spoil the goodness you've started. Your best option is getting him tell you the state of things, and how long he would be staying.

I disagree... The friend is abusing the friendship by becoming a burden. Why should another man, who is struggling to make ends meet now carry another man on his back, come on people, generosity has its limits or is it possible for a man to donate all his blood at the blood bank??

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Goldminceo(m): 10:40pm On Aug 09, 2018
You better wise up. Someone that came to visit you with just a shirt and trouser. His father called him for his relative burial he said he isn't going. Bros seems your friend has committed a crime and hiding in your house. If this is true if SARS gather you together you will not have the hand to type this your sermon.

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by cybriz82(m): 10:44pm On Aug 09, 2018
OneCorner:
Burn his best clothes

how u want take burn am when d cloth still dey him body?
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Kingjames(m): 10:48pm On Aug 09, 2018
Reader530:

Thanks all
. Guy thanks for voicing out. The same ugly situation I found myself right now. A close friend of mine has been jobless since we passed out from Youth service. He is not so lucky like me because I got job few months after. Now I am manager and there is a vacancy in my company which I quickly contacted him. He has been staying with his parents In part of Lagos here all this while, but now he is gradually relocating to my house that his place is TOO FAR from the office. And my fiancée is staying with me. Has been inconveniencing me . Have I done anything wrong by giving him job? how can I handle this to still maintain the relationship. Am tired honestly I must say

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by RexTramadol1: 10:49pm On Aug 09, 2018
Wake him in the middle of the night

Carry clay pot for hand

Do ha! Ha!! Ha!!! 3x

Go back to bed

Continue for seven days

If e no comot......... grin

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by DonMekino(m): 10:51pm On Aug 09, 2018
From ur post he's not straightforward about whatever situation he's going through.... As a friend advise him and let him go....staying in ur house has given him a lil comfy which made him forget his responsibility as a man....sending him away albeit diplomatically might be the spring he needs to leave this comfort zone and succeed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Gives Birth To Triplets ... Shares Lovely Pictures / Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad / Man Takes His Grandmother Out For A Christmas Date - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.