Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? (44939 Views)

Help! I Want To Leave My Wife / How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? / I Want To Leave My Wife For My Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by engrMikemd(m): 8:05am On Aug 10, 2018
Babyforever:
Look him straight into the eyes and tell him you've over stayed your welcome
that will be harsh.
you are a blunt woman
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Miache(m): 8:08am On Aug 10, 2018
sisisioge:
grin grin grin grin grin

There is no nice way of doing it. The best you can do is to pretend to be travelling if you don't want him around anymore. Just give him two days notice of your impending journey and ask him pointed questions of his move too as you apparently couldn't leave him alone in your house. Worked for me well before wink

Life could be just simple...
Thanks for this, my friend been here for two months wan con turn Mario...
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Mightyify(m): 8:18am On Aug 10, 2018
Talk to your friend, make him tell you the truth about his situation. You never can tell what he's going through.... help him the best way you can... please don't allow him leave with quarrell.

Most fresh graduates usually have this problem of accommodation,we should learn to help out... tomorrow is pregnant.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by frozen70(f): 8:24am On Aug 10, 2018
You will have to be careful with the way you will go about it to avoid issues

He is stranded and frustrated and he is looking for where to stay until he sorts himself out, but financially you are not yet stable to keep him

Tell him your girl friend is having accommodation issues and by next week she will be putting up with you pending when she will get a good accommodation and you will like to have your privacy when she is around

If you do this, he won't blame you for his exit because the reason given is acceptable by any matured man
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by xxgig(m): 8:26am On Aug 10, 2018
Akexstinger:
Please don't ask him to leave....don't create enmity or create any memory in him that you drove him out in his trying times. He will never forget that.
I have been in this situation before....I came to stay with my good friend and was forming good boy sweeping the living room and washing the dishes...though i came for a purpose, after finishing what I came for, he asked me to stay with him that the house was kinda quiet and not lively, I agreed based on normal guy wey i be too, trying to find a place and look for better job. Just after 3 days, his countenance changed , I already knew something was up , as I was packing my things, he told me to leave. I told him no problem. As I was packing my stuffs, a text message entered my phone. Lo and behold it was an interview invite for a job in another state. I told him about it, and he gave me money, I travelled immediately to the company and passed a night with a friend. The following day we were 10 that came for the interview. The interviewers were up to 8. When it got to my turn, questions from different angles were coming in, then the CEO said something " I need this boy to work for my company. HR , please pen down his name and finalize with him" . The one that shocked me was " we will give you apartment "...And since then I have moved on. My friend is a good guy, a nice guy. We talk always as if nothing happened between us but the memory is always there. If people come to stay with Me, I always picture their situation with the situation I was facing back then

i am happy for you, sometime late last year to early this yr, i was stranded, eventually put up with a relative for about a month, i knew is plan to send me packing and was working hard to make sure i leave before he ask me too, eventually he fast tracked is plans and i had to leave (seeing hew has changed the lock of his apartment) even though i wasn't sure where i was going to pass the night that day but i survived and few days later i got a place for myself, thanks to supportive friends i had, Till date i have nothing against him he is still my brother and i see is act as the push i need.

Fast forward to June, an acquaintance called me that he his stranded and wonders if i can accommodate him till month end i immediately ask him to come over. After observing him for 3 days i realized all he ever told me were lies, his movements depicts that of one who is been hunted or running away from something, eventually i made him open up, even though i could not confirm his story i felt betrayed that he valued his life over mine and put me in harms way.
Hard but i had to tell him bluntly how i will and he can stay till month end has he had earlier requested but must leave after then.

The Op is in a tight corner he should get is friend to open up to him, its very difficult living with someone who is not straight forward, i still feel bad that i ask the guy to leave without bothering if he has somewhere to go, but my own safety was at stake too.
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by 9japrof(m): 8:33am On Aug 10, 2018
Nancypunni:

Ur advice is trssh...period

Get lost
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Abimbola94: 8:43am On Aug 10, 2018
Don't cook for three days and keep complaining of no food in the. Settle your belle for canteen.
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by oyetpel(m): 8:46am On Aug 10, 2018
Acidosis:

Use the above ^^.

Telling a friend to vacate your apartment is not a good advice. Those advising you to send him out would not do such when faced with a similar situation.

You are one of the real persons on this platform, some people just comment as if they are perfect. Anybody can be in this situation and it's hard to say it face to face with the friend to just leave like that.
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Chopwater: 9:00am On Aug 10, 2018
Seeing thread like dis makes me to always b grateful to a Guy Dat accomodated me for almost two years in Ibadan. He is yoruba nd i'm 4rm south-south. we were nt frends b4, i'm nt his broda neither does he knew me 4rm anywhere. d first day we met he took me in. He acted like a big broda nd a father to me. He never showed any sign dat he tired of my stay. I left on my own when i hav saved money to rent an apartment. @op he is ur frend nd he needs ur help nw. no adult wil b happy dat he is leaving wit someone. he needs ur support nd encouragement treat him like a broda.encourage him to look 4 a job let him start life afresh. I promise u wil reap d reward later in life.
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by einsteine(m): 9:03am On Aug 10, 2018
AmeLonRo:
Some guys stayed around me. Wont wash ordinary car, or clean it self talkless of clothes. After a long while of talks and talks I have to excuse them. Neighbours may think they are even paying me for staying when they see me cleaning my car myself and the guys staying in my BQ are walking up and down and even telling me weldone. Its crazy. I look wicked to ask them to leave but they are more wicked without any home training.

They should wash your car because you are housing them? Why not just charge them rent since you are housing them because you expect them to give you something in return?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 10, 2018
Reader530:
Good day nairalanders. I want a sincere advice from you people.

A friend visited me almost two weeks ago. He has never visited me before, but when he came I thought he would not spent more than two days because apart from the cloth he was wearing the day he came, he didn't bring additional cloth, no brush, no soap, etc.

At first, he told me he can stay with me even up to a month with one cloth. He said, besides, he was sacked from his work.

Today, he forgot that he told me he was sacked; but he told me that he is on annual leave. The father asked him to come home for burial of his relative but he told me he would not go. I told him Npower has not paid us, but I will source for his transport, but he doesn't understand me. He thought, I will give him the whole money even if Npower pays, all the money I planned and budgeted for his coming was exhausted. I added some money to make sure he eats good meal thrice in a day.

In a nutshell, I am tired, I want to be alone for now. How should I tell him I want him to leave in a pleasant manner. Please positive advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks all

tell him.
simple.
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Blonchilli(m): 9:27am On Aug 10, 2018
Reader530:

Tnx. good advice
That's not a good advice. Don't try it. This life is a pot of beans. Tomorrow you might need this your friend. Talk to him, explain what you're going through. And if he wants to stay tell him he has to help around not with cleaning but with probably feeding himself occasionally. If his hygiene is the problem tell him he has to get more clothes. One never knows tomorrow. You both are adults so act like one. Don't tell him to leave, communication is key bro
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by dokkyelele(f): 9:58am On Aug 10, 2018
Hmmmmmm
You should have had full though of thus before you let him in.

A proverb says
One hand we used to call someone in and then when things go wrong you use ten hand to push them away.good politely way
My friend....I will be having a female visitor and I will need little privacy.

Another way
My friend...am travelling for a project and won’t be back for awhile...please I want you to have a place for yourself or go back and I will call u.
But if this doesn’t work cause some friend are crazy like pests.
Just go to market( I hope it won’t get to this but it work 102%) buy peacock egg. Pap, alligator Pepe, bird feathers, cola nut, little palm oil and coven. Put all together like juju and place it it your room as if u are doing ritual for money.
I bet u.....he will not only leave your house...he will unfriendly u.
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Teeboi56: 9:58am On Aug 10, 2018
Babyforever:
I know u can't do it if it's u
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by alezzy13: 10:00am On Aug 10, 2018
itsede:
Hey bro, pray you don't encounter problem that's more than you.

Guy leave that thing.

The person that you why dey accommodate the friend no get him own problems too?

Yes nobody prays for any serious difficulty in life, but i struggle to see how someone, a guy for instance, will just turn a colleagues home to his own as well, month after month, sometimes even up to a year, simply because he's passing through difficulty. Mba! IT IS WRONG!!
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Predstan: 10:08am On Aug 10, 2018
Guy... Struggle and get things done together... If he's your friend then he can share your clothes.. I know If he's not so close to you, he will not be spending more than two days in your house. Calm down bro.
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Stmiceel(m): 10:11am On Aug 10, 2018
With this your post now, I go sharparly decline my friend. I know him and I can't manage him.
He is laucy, fetish and expensive.
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Originalsly: 10:33am On Aug 10, 2018
Bro..... I guess you feel you should treat your best friend as best as you can...for as long as you can. That's all good... but you need to ask yourself are you his best friend?..or even friend?...or are you his port in times of storm? Has he ever made any sacrifice / go out of his way to help you? If he were really your best friend he would've told you his situation from Day 1. He hasn't. It's not for you to sit him down and ask him. He already has a sad story...so don't even ask. Open your eyes...you are being used....and will continue to be used. Some guys be playing women in this way....but as a man...you need to gather your balls and act like a man. How can a man be disrespecting you...in your house...and you are afraid to talk to him? How can alarm bells not go off in your head if someone comes to stay....with very little or no change of clothes? That's a fugitive right there....a man on the run. Is he hiding from thr Police?..or cultists? You are harboring a fugitive. Should the Police or whoever locate him at your residence...you really believe they will grab/butcher him and not you as well?..... (birds of a feather flock together) . I guess you believe you can explain.
My advice to you...give him a meal...as soon as be is finished...tell him he has to go...NOW. No explanation...no discussion. He has nothing...has to wait for nothing. If you give him time...he will take your stuff to take with him. Be a man.
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Aarenasbaba(m): 10:50am On Aug 10, 2018
Reader530:

I told him, he said no problem, he can stay with her. I told him, I will travel he said, I should give him the key, he can manage the house even in my absence.
Confront him ma brother and explain things to him.... Try to act as a man, build the courage
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Aplaudez(m): 10:50am On Aug 10, 2018
OneCorner:
Burn his best clothes
did you even read the write ups
nawao!!!
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:51am On Aug 10, 2018
OP goan siddon.
My cousin com stay my crib. Only 2 times wey our pot of beans finish, aaah carry am go corner tell am say, "o'boy, landlord dey draw me for 3 months house rent debt oo! like dis like dis, aah don package my akpoti 4 smo kaya to take kawa @ d 1st beak of dawn. See d house key incase u dey take over. Hope u can dig it?"

till date aah still dey cut cap give dat guy 4 "1st to vacate d house" competition! grin

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by DEBJOCH1(m): 11:17am On Aug 10, 2018
guy don't be wicked, you said he lost his job, isn't it? he is going through something and all he need now is your assistance, no responsible man will want to be a parasite to his fellow. to the glory of God, here in Lagos, more than 4 people have stayed under my roof, now they have their own home and family, they were all my senior, but today they call me uncle, despite the age difference, you can imagine a 37 year old calling a 30 year old "uncle". DON'T BE SELFISH MAN, FRIENDS HELP FRIENDS.
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Savagedguy(m): 11:17am On Aug 10, 2018
Mumu
You want to chase out your friend just because of an apartment.

Fool! You no get scope.
You don't tell a Nigga to leave your house, unless you're married and finds him uncomfortable.
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Uchefame(m): 11:31am On Aug 10, 2018
*WOULD YOU BE HAPPY IF I TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN MAKE AT LEAST #3K DAILY AND AVERAGE OF #41K MONTHLY, IF YOUR ANSWER IS YES, THEN READ ON*

This is not a ponzi scheme neither is it a getting rich quick scheme. It's just a program that will stream additional income into your account. So it's a way of getting extra income, if you are housewife, student, Corp member, unemployed youth who sits at home and does nothing or you just Facebook or read news daily online (sports, politics, entertainment etc.) without getting a penny, then you should try this.

*Let me introduce you to one and only trusted site that pays in Nigeria �� today*

☝️Pls Note _Don't just be wasting your monthly mb for nothing or wasting your time online without getting a dime from it. To cap it all, don't just be wasting that your hard earned money you normally use for subscriptions monthly_

*I would like to introduce you to this reliable program called "NIGERIAN NEWS UPDATE (NNU)"*

*NNU is a program designed to help Nigerians get value by reading daily news (latest news in all categories e.g Politics, business, sport, etc) and still get paid for doing that*

�HOW NNU WORKS

*When you register with" NNU", here are the things you are entitled to daily...*

☑️ Daily login to your account gives you #50 naira

☑️Each news you read and comment gives you #2 naira. That means if you read up to 200 news, you get #400 daily or more depending on how you want it.

☑️Posting of sponsored post on your Facebook gives you #100 naira daily

☑️You earn instant #1,000 naira when you refer your friends  _Referrer is optional_

☑️Posting of article & get approval by the admin earns you #200 (2 articles= #400). Maximum is 2 articles daily.

�NNU pays all her members on every 27th of every month and the minimum payout is #5,000

� *With my above explanation you see that you can be making at least #950 every day without referral and earn 30,000 monthly or more than.*

� *if you refer 10 of your friends a month you earn 10,000 from it ... Which means referrers money plus your 30,000 can give you total of 40,000 even more*

� *All you need to be a member of NNU is a one time payment  registration of #1,600. There is no  upgrading fee at all, no selling of product ,no down line to upgrade ,not a networking chain business ,it is pure making money site for pleasure.*

If interested chat me up on whatsapp via this number "08065963098" or drop yours.
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Pentools(m): 11:53am On Aug 10, 2018
MichaelSokoto:
OP goan siddon.
My cousin com stay my crib. only 2 times wey our pot of beans finish, aaah 4rm dia carry am go corner tell am say, "o'boy, landlord dey draw me for 3 months house rent debt oo! like dis like dis, aah don package my akpoti 4 smo kaya to take kawa @ d 1st beak of dawn. See d house key incase u dey take over. Hope u can dig it?"

till date aah still dey cut cap give dat guy 4 "1st to vacate d house" competition! grin

Omo this is the best advice up in this matter, person don do me same although I leta decode but I understand am perfectly well, in turn I don do am to person too.

Real niggas don't put gals those they are not married to first before another nigga, if to say na family member dey come that one better or that you are violating landlord policy u penned down on the agreement that you are the only one to occupy the apartment.
Not this blah zay blah people are yapping.

Nice one niggi...

1 Like

Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by ernwale(m): 12:06pm On Aug 10, 2018
Reader530:

A friend visited me almost two weeks ago. He has never visited me before, but when he came I thought he would not spent more than two days because apart from the cloth he was wearing the day he came, he didn't bring additional cloth, no brush, no soap, etc.

At first, he told me he can stay with me even up to a month with one cloth. He said, besides, he was sacked from his work.

Today, he forgot that he told me he was sacked; but he told me that he is on annual leave. The father asked him to come home for burial of his relative but he told me he would not go. I told him Npower has not paid us, but I will source for his transport, but he doesn't understand me. He thought, I will give him the whole money even if Npower pays, all the money I planned and budgeted for his coming was exhausted. I added some money to make sure he eats good meal thrice in a day.

In a nutshell, I am tired, I want to be alone for now. How should I tell him I want him to leave in a pleasant manner. Please positive advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks all

You should have just told me instead of coming to advertise it. I will leave your house today.
Thanks for all you have done for me. I appreciate
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Oyerinde16(m): 12:12pm On Aug 10, 2018
Babyforever:
U ARE MEAN, and I put it to u if u have a friend whose house is just like your own any day anytime u will no dream talk less of looking into his eyes
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Reader530(m): 12:18pm On Aug 10, 2018
Savagedguy:
Mumu
You want to chase out your friend just because of an apartment.

Fool! You no get scope.
You don't tell a Nigga to leave your house, unless you're married and finds him uncomfortable.
We have heard you Mr. Failed Condom
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by eyinjuege: 12:20pm On Aug 10, 2018
ernwale:

You should have just told me instead of coming to advertise it. I will leave your house today.
Thanks for all you have done for me. I appreciate

Obviously he didn't know how to tell you in order not to hurt your feelings. Now you know, everyone will be happy you'll do the needful.
He's also obviously struggling to make ends meet. You should have told him the truth when you came to stay with him, and he would have planned better or let you know you can't stay for too long.
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by rapheal5(m): 1:05pm On Aug 10, 2018
Guy u dey try can't remember d last time I had 2 square meal it's either 0 0 1 or 0 1 0

1 Like

Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 10, 2018
Reader530:

Thanks all
It is obvious from your post that your friend is not being sincere with you, what with telling you different things i.e. being sacked and being on annual leave. I think you should sit him down and get him to tell you the truth and move on from there. However, if you think he is inconveniencing you, let him know that and u guys should find a solution to it.
Re: How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 10, 2018
Reader530:

Thanks, he can stay for even a year but he should have come with three pairs of clothes, he came with the cloth on his body, thinking that, he won't stay long. My brother, it is not easy to stay with someone that is not straight forward and keep enjoying it. Don't u know that u can't manage someone easily like u can manage yourself?

There's no point harboring someone who's not straightforward with you.

Tell him to JUMP OUT OF YOUR HOUSE NOW.......

BYE BYE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Gives Birth To Triplets ... Shares Lovely Pictures / Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad / Man Takes His Grandmother Out For A Christmas Date - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.