Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? (15862 Views)

Dating A Nigerian Woman Is Like Taking Care Of Orphans - Breggle Acha Derrick / Brothel Addiction: Depressed And Thinking About Suicide / Have You Ever Felt Relieved After Ending A Friendship Or Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 22, 2018
adetoroamos:
Yeah, when am working as house boy. The woman make me hate life that i blame my mum and dad for my existence then but am now wrking at Peniel prints(CEO)
Congratulations Boss
Can I have your whatsapp contact (I'm not planning to beg for money or work)
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 22, 2018
HardMirror:
that is good. Hope your story would be an inspiration to someone here
It has to me
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by marvin906(m): 3:49pm On Dec 22, 2018
what is ahead of me will never make me think it not to talk of doing it..
have I been depressed hell yes..
have life fvcked me up yes..
but when ever I see what's in front of me and who am gonna put a smile on their face..the strength to move forward always comes..
no matter how life disgrace you knock you down get up dust your legs and move forward as far your still breathing you have hope

3 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by timsucess(m): 7:53pm On Dec 22, 2018
IamTeen:
I'm just a teen, 17. But i've been depressed since i lost my dad the year 2009. So many things has contributed to my depression which i will list below.

1. Mom treats me like second class. My elder brother always gets that first class treatment. I get all the blames, i'm always misunderstood and insulted. She claims i'm the source of her troubles. But whenever my brother's gone to school, she begins to show love.

2. My brother bullies me almost everyday through physical abuse(he's muscular) and verbal abuse. He uses me as a punching bag and he claims there's a demon in me.

3. Family debts. Mum is planning to take a loan to pay my brother's school fees, we haven't even paid last year's rent. Right now, i don't know if i'll go to school if my admission clicks.

4. I have no friends.

I have resolved several times to take my life but i just can't. What painless method can i use? i'm sick and tired of this world. I'm super lonely and i have no life in me.

We all face difficult situations
Let me be your friend
Let's talk
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Magnumproperty: 10:33pm On Dec 22, 2018
It wasn't easy then cos what I survived might kill another person. I received a prophecy to leave my parent's house and start a new life. I was living comfortable in my parent's house buy life has no directon. How will I rent an apartment without cash. A woman i worked for gave me a one room apartment where I put up. She made life unbearable for me as I was working in her school and living in her apartment. I misplaced some cash she gave to me to keep for her. She mocked me in the presence of other staff. She won't pay me salary for the next 4 months cos she was using the salary to repay the money I misplaced. One of her staff who borrowed me N500 to eat embarrassed me when it was time to pay the money. She claimed the money I gave her is fake. She called me all sort of names and I felt like killing myself that day. Sometimes I won't eat for days. There was a day that I couldn't bear the hunger again, I had to call my parish pastor to give me money to eat that am dieing of hunger. I even made up my mind to go back to my parent's house but I stayed. I called my mum one day and she came to where I was staying and she gave me N10,000 which I use in repaying the money I borrowed from my girlfriend (her school fees for that session) and she brought some foodstuff for me. The babe really tried for me that year. And thank God she ate from the goodies when things turnaround.
In 2014, I experienced a turn around as i got a better job and left her school. I paid up the rent I was owing her. I got a mattress and bought electronics. Fast forward to 2015, I was making close to 100k every month, my condition changed and I paid the woman's rent as at when due. She said i and one other tenant are the best tenants she had then cos we pay her rent on time.(The same mouth she used in mocking was d same mouth she used in praising me) I also financed her school party like two times that year. Then in 2016 I moved from one room apartment to a miniflat without the support of anybody except God.
I venture into real estate and registered my company. When she heard that am into real estate, she gave me some of her properties to manage.
Don't take your life no matter the condition. Strive to make it and never give up. My friends deserted me then but now they flock around me. Never Give Up. Cos Winners never quit and quitters never win.

7 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by babtoundey(m): 10:55pm On Dec 22, 2018
Adasun:
Not thought alone o, I tried it.

I first of all miss jollof rice with salad and turn da mixture,later ate,nothing happened. sad sad

I now bought hollandia youghurt and suya thinking it would work. Na so i stil stand.

Am thinking of eating debino with coconut.do u think it would help in my suicide mission?

Next time, brother, try and mix a little bit of gamalin-20 to whatever delicacy you intend to eat. it works well.
Try it and thank me later
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by obynno7(m): 11:07pm On Dec 22, 2018
l as an average Nigerian also had depression many times especially when l was looking for admission to study my dream course l did not get it after trying for three times but suicide Neva come my mind l just see it as a challenge.in which l Leta over comed
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by babtoundey(m): 11:41pm On Dec 22, 2018
Now to the topic, depression is my regular guest. and once in a while, suicidal thoughts do come along. But something is always certain, no matter how strong I feel like ending things I never have the strength to think of actualising it. My mum believes so much in me, even when I believe less in myself. So if I dare, I feel the regret of having disappointed her will deny me the rest and comfort I seek.

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by cooluzi: 11:43pm On Dec 22, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Hedonistic me has never thought of such. No bad condition lasts forever, you just gotta see the silver linings but it's also important to have a confidant, someone you can talk to.
then the thread is not for you

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Nobody: 6:13am On Dec 23, 2018
cooluzi:
then the thread is not for you
There's so much to live for. But I understand those who become suicidal lose touch of everything worth living for.
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by cooluzi: 8:23am On Dec 23, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
There's so much to live for. But I understand those who become suicidal lose touch of everything worth living for.
yeah sure I font just know why someone will think about comminting suicide... happy Sunday
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by kullozone(m): 9:16am On Dec 23, 2018
I've always thought about committing suicide. I almost killed myself and ran away when hunger frustrated me, but y*hoo saved my life.

Now I only think about suicide when curiosity sets in... that's when I'm trying to imagine what's on the other side.

I would've tried it oh! but it'll bring pain to a lot of people who love me, so I won't do it smiley

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 23, 2018
kelvinrhs:

Congratulations Boss
Can I have your whatsapp contact (I'm not planning to beg for money or work)
07064727491 whatsapp only bro
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by HardMirror(m): 7:55pm On Dec 24, 2018
Magnumproperty:
It wasn't easy then cos what I survived might kill another person. I received a prophecy to leave my parent's house and start a new life. I was living comfortable in my parent's house buy life has no directon. How will I rent an apartment without cash. A woman i worked for gave me a one room apartment where I put up. She made life unbearable for me as I was working in her school and living in her apartment. I misplaced some cash she gave to me to keep for her. She mocked me in the presence of other staff. She won't pay me salary for the next 4 months cos she was using the salary to repay the money I misplaced. One of her staff who borrowed me N500 to eat embarrassed me when it was time to pay the money. She claimed the money I gave her is fake. She called me all sort of names and I felt like killing myself that day. Sometimes I won't eat for days. There was a day that I couldn't bear the hunger again, I had to call my parish pastor to give me money to eat that am dieing of hunger. I even made up my mind to go back to my parent's house but I stayed. I called my mum one day and she came to where I was staying and she gave me N10,000 which I use in repaying the money I borrowed from my girlfriend (her school fees for that session) and she brought some foodstuff for me. The babe really tried for me that year. And thank God she ate from the goodies when things turnaround.
In 2014, I experienced a turn around as i got a better job and left her school. I paid up the rent I was owing her. I got a mattress and bought electronics. Fast forward to 2015, I was making close to 100k every month, my condition changed and I paid the woman's rent as at when due. She said i and one other tenant are the best tenants she had then cos we pay her rent on time.(The same mouth she used in mocking was d same mouth she used in praising me) I also financed her school party like two times that year. Then in 2016 I moved from one room apartment to a miniflat without the support of anybody except God.
I venture into real estate and registered my company. When she heard that am into real estate, she gave me some of her properties to manage.
Don't take your life no matter the condition. Strive to make it and never give up. My friends deserted me then but now they flock around me. Never Give Up. Cos Winners never quit and quitters never win.
very inspirational story. Thanks for sharing. Greater heights

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Nobody: 2:26am On Jan 13, 2019
adetoroamos:
07064727491 whatsapp only bro
Apologies for my delayed response but I also don't like talking over the phone
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Gracespecial101(m): 2:42am On Jan 13, 2019
theworldbest:
Always had dat suicidal thoughts...my daughter is wat is still keeping me
hmmm Don't think of it no longer just keep her smiling always
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by LyfeJennings(m): 6:37am On Jan 13, 2019
Countlessly
Even thought about it last night
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by jackyraw09: 8:23am On Jan 13, 2019
HardMirror:
lol. You know nothing about gambling. When i lost my first 30k i tot i would never gamble again. Now i have lost over 5million. I have a thread here on nairaland where i talked about gambling. I had lost 2million at that point and yet today i have exceeded 5million. Breaking free from gambling is not by being willed, you have to create structures to keep your finances away from your direct control

Hmm, great topic and while I have been depressed in the past. Staying off social media helped to get rid of depression. Hopefully that tip helps someone. The newest problem I am facing is overspending for people who wouldn’t return same favor if the tables turn.

Don’t get me wrong, I am good at cutting people off the moment I notice u r taking me for a fool but atleast I want to learn how to “slow down” - I shouldn’t always be the one to foot the bills nah abi bawo
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Damalex4luv(m): 8:47am On Jan 13, 2019
MemeKing:
Am considering suicide even now

I was expelled from 400lvl in unilag

the shame everything that I will pass through if I tell people back home is hitting me

I haven't even told them yet

Bro don't waste your precious life because you are expelled from school. believe me this days school is overrated. find something worth doing and move on with life. learn tailoring or whatever and stay focused with time everything will be fine
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by dammy207: 9:51am On Jan 13, 2019
It happened that I lost my job march last year, July I got so sick probably from depression of loosing my job because things were so bad. I was sick till DEC. just getting a little better. What pains most me is I couldn't sustain my rent of almost 300k and I had to move in to my brother house but this has been my greatest sadness even though he's been good to me including the wife but the truth is I know I don't like staying with people because most times I live with people my life tends to be stagnant. I pray I get out of this alive and in good health but during my struggles I have learnt so much about life that nobody cares even the ones you call your closest friends and family. they'll all desert you when the going gets tough. The truth is suicide should never be an option.
strive to survive and be a better person and never settle for less... Always have the mindset of getting the better out of life and with time all your struggles will be a history

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by CharlesJok3r: 11:34pm On Jan 23, 2019
I always wanted to commit suicide due to my bipolar disorder. And I hate to call it suicide, the word euthanasia will be better. The reason I haven't done that yet since last year I made my last post here is unknown to me be though my condition is getting worse as the day passes.
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by hahn(m): 12:19am On Jan 24, 2019
CharlesJok3r:
I always wanted to commit suicide due to my bipolar disorder. And I hate to call it suicide, the word euthanasia will be better. The reason I haven't done that yet since last year I made my last post here is unknown to me be though my condition is getting worse as the day passes.

Seriously bro are you for real?

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Elsah(f): 1:37pm On Jan 24, 2019
The mistakes i made in life, led me to a state of uttermost depression, i struggle with regrets, disappointments and fears. I feel stuck in this world. I wanna end my life, but i don't know what awaits me in the realm of the dead and i know once i leave, i can't come back. Hopefully, one day I'll be happy.

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by hustleranthem(m): 2:18pm On Jan 24, 2019
Elsah:
The mistakes i made in life, led me to a state of uttermost depression, i struggle with regrets, disappointments and fears. I feel stuck in this world. I wanna end my life, but i don't know what awaits me in the realm of the dead and i know once i leave, i can't come back. Hopefully, one day I'll be happy.
don't feel sad babe. U have to be strong and keep pushing, life is not an easy road even till the end of time. Challenges will always come and go till we leave this world. It's just a reality u have to face. Stay strong

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Thekillingjoke: 6:33pm On Jan 24, 2019
Elsah:

Sorry dear, how r u keeping up
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Elsah(f): 6:51pm On Jan 24, 2019
Thekillingjoke:

This babe is a sick attention seeker, seeking attention from thread to thread, now u r depressed and suicidal, wow

Lmaooo....ha ha ha ......Someone is fiesty!! Lol, don't tell me I'm going to receive insults here too. Losing weight everyday, couldn't eat, still can't eat. Took drugs. Talking to 2 therapists after drinking harpic and hypo last year. Maybe if i had died, you wouldn't have to listen to my rantings today. Be nice to ppl. You dunno what we are all going through in reality and in our heads. I'm sorry for expressing my depression.
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Elsah(f): 6:58pm On Jan 24, 2019
Thekillingjoke:

Sorry dear, how r u keeping up

Just breathing, sleeping and waking up. Taking one day at a time. Nothing about life interests me anymore. But I know suicide is never the answer. What if happier days are ahead?
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Bioles1187(m): 7:29pm On Jan 24, 2019
Elsah:

Lmaooo....ha ha ha ......Someone is fiesty!! Lol, don't tell me I'm going to receive insults here too. Losing weight everyday, couldn't eat, still can't eat. Took drugs. Talked to 2 therapists after drinking harpic and hypo last year. Maybe if i had died, you wouldn't have to listen to my rantings today. Be nice to ppl. You dunno what we are all going through in reality and in our heads. I'm sorry for expressing my depression.
this babe is really funny dough...what on earth will make me commit suicide Absolutely nothing will mk me kill myself
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Elsah(f): 7:34pm On Jan 24, 2019
Bioles1187:
this babe is really funny dough...what on earth will make me commit suicide Absolutely nothing will mk me kill myself

I hope you never get to the stage in life where you have no will to live and have no will to die. A lot of ppl who ended their lives had died mentally a long time ago. They were just only living physically. They couldn't keep up with the pretence anymore, so, they decided to just die fully, so that they can finally find peace in death.

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Bioles1187(m): 8:10pm On Jan 24, 2019
Elsah:

I hope you never get to the stage in life where you have no will to live and have no will to die. A lot of ppl who ended their lives had died mentally a long time ago. They were just only living physically. They couldn't keep up with the pretence anymore, so, they decided to just die fully, so that they can finally find peace in death.
can I send u email message
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Thekillingjoke: 8:22pm On Jan 24, 2019
Elsah:

Just breathing, sleeping and waking up. Taking one day at a time. Nothing about life interests me anymore. But I know suicide is never the answer. What if happier days are ahead?

Apologies for my earlier response
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Elsah(f): 9:06pm On Jan 24, 2019
Thekillingjoke:

Apologies for my earlier response

It's fine, Thanks for caring.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Put My Pic On Ur Fb Or Break Up: / How Long A Man Should Last During Sex / 10 Things Ladies Say In The Romance Section Which Makes Guys Bash Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.