Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? (15924 Views)

Dating A Nigerian Woman Is Like Taking Care Of Orphans - Breggle Acha Derrick / Brothel Addiction: Depressed And Thinking About Suicide / Have You Ever Felt Relieved After Ending A Friendship Or Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Dasherz(f): 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2018
paschal47:

Thank God.

Your diary, I must say it's a nice piece. You write well
Thank you very much.... Sorry there's been no recent update...
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Image123(m): 12:21am On Aug 17, 2018
HardMirror:
as you can see from comments here over 80% believe in god and most likely christians. You can see their prayers and stuff cant you? Stop being silly

It is a well known fact, suicide is the atheist plan B. Their lives are meaningless and purposeless, fact that they confess to. Anyone can be discouraged or even depressed. That does not equal to suicide or being suicidal which is a hobby and characteristic of the average atheist. Go and learn and observe. Don't fight the facts, and don't commit suicide please.

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Nobody: 1:06am On Aug 17, 2018
Image123:

It is a well known fact, suicide is the atheist plan B. Their lives are meaningless and purposeless, fact that they confess to. Anyone can be discouraged or even depressed. That does not equal to suicide or being suicidal which is a hobby and characteristic of the average atheist. Go and learn and observe. Don't fight the facts, and don't commit suicide please.

you sound silly!!! i am guessing that those people who committed suicide because they were raped by priests are not Christians right? i know someone who nearly committed suicide because a pastor raped her and with his influence, wasnt prosecuted. Michael Samber is one of them, he committed suicide in 2010 after he was raped constantly by a priest. your assertion here is shallow and myopic, if you have nothing to say, then i guess you shut up and leave!!

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Nobody: 6:02am On Aug 17, 2018
Can i send you a pm pls
HardMirror:
lol. You know nothing about gambling. When i lost my first 30k i tot i would never gamble again. Now i have lost over 5million. I have a thread here on nairaland where i talked about gambling. I had lost 2million at that point and yet today i have exceeded 5million. Breaking free from gambling is not by being willed, you have to create structures to keep your finances away from your direct control
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 17, 2018
HardMirror:
Most times when we talk about suicide or discuss people who committed suicide, we often blame them or label them cowards. It is also popular to hear people say those who commit suicide would end up in hell as punishment.

Let us not be quick to judge those who commit suicide.

Depression is real and it can be very overwhelming.
Truth is it hurts when a loved one takes his/her life but we should not be quick to use that single act to judge such people.

I have suffered depressing at several points of my life and i understand how it can be. It only ends in suicide when:

1. You keep to yourself: share the problem with friends.
2. Have close friends and family members that you can share your burdens with.
3. Look at the big picture. Your problem most times is not as bad as you think. Ask yourself 'What is the worst thing that would happen?'
Then ask yourself aint there people in worse situations?
4. Laugh at yourself and call yourself stvpid. yeah we all very stvpid. You broke? Damn! Laugh at yourself. Your bf/gf just broke up with you? Laugh! In serious debt? Laugh!
5. Consult with others on the problem, get different perspectives even if you dont let them know you are the one in the situation

Have you ever had suicidal thoughts? Share with us here

Many times, especially when no one around you gives a toss.
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by columbus007(m): 8:08am On Aug 17, 2018
Blackbishop:
Am a product of a broken home, broke in cash terms, jobless, directionless, and my babe just told me she's preg fr anoda guy who is nt ready to tak d preg. Pls tell me what more do i need to stay alive and fight for wen i ve no family to share my tot or feelings wit nobody cares. Point of correction cowards dont take d easy way out. My rat poison is right next to me. Never wanna wake up to this world again. Bleep THE WORLD
if you hold on,i bet with you,you will see how beautiful your life will become,take it from me.
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by kenex4ever(m): 8:44am On Aug 17, 2018
jessca048:
yesterday night I slept before sleeping I prayed I should never wakeup again to face this world
worst prayer ever made. Devil answers such not God.

Please, be patient, be content/happy.
No condition is permanent.
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by kenex4ever(m): 8:48am On Aug 17, 2018
jessca048:
lol
but there are times the thought of ending it just comes to me but when I think of what my family will feel afterwards I just stop
it shouldn't b about ur family but you.

If you make ur existence about them, the day they turn their backs on u (offend u) does it mean u will stop to exist?
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by kenex4ever(m): 8:54am On Aug 17, 2018
happy200:
If u are innocent and u find out that their is no justice u 'll know this earth is worthless
killing urself is a lazy thing to do. U are bigger than ur challenges bro. Life knows u are tough that's y it's giving u tough challenges but taking ur life means u let ur challenges win a fight you can actually win.
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by kenex4ever(m): 8:56am On Aug 17, 2018
happy200:
If u are innocent and u find out that their is no justice u 'll know this earth is worthless
please don't be depressed. Try to make ur mind busy
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by kenex4ever(m): 8:57am On Aug 17, 2018
Seandisputed:
It was back in 2013, i was damn suicidal because nothing ever worked for me, i felt like i was a curse to humanity but an online friend who I've never met talked me out of it.
Things aren't better yet but i'm still hanging on because it's just a phase of life and i believe it'll pass.
bro, keep believing, keep the good work, work smart, and things will be better
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by kenex4ever(m): 9:03am On Aug 17, 2018
Blackbishop:
Am a product of a broken home, broke in cash terms, jobless, directionless, and my babe just told me she's preg fr anoda guy who is nt ready to tak d preg. Pls tell me what more do i need to stay alive and fight for wen i ve no family to share my tot or feelings wit nobody cares. Point of correction cowards dont take d easy way out. My rat poison is right next to me. Never wanna wake up to this world again. Bleep THE WORLD
cowards take the easy way out.

I have gone through worse things than u bro but I never ever contemplated suicide. Let me not start saying them here. For the woman aspect, I have been through hell for being broke.
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by kenex4ever(m): 9:08am On Aug 17, 2018
Gaspardd:

Fúck you, its easy to console when shìt is not happening to you.
you are so so wrong.
R
Who told you sh*t is not happening to him?

Only lazy people think they are the ones suffering the most.
If everyone you see on the road open up to tell u what they going through, you will know that urs is not the worst.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by kenex4ever(m): 9:13am On Aug 17, 2018
Tamarapetty:
i didn't drink it duuuh!! cheesy
why u no drink am.

You are lazy for not drinking it

If u drink it, you are also lazy for taking the easy way out.

Either way, Laziness is u
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by kenex4ever(m): 9:19am On Aug 17, 2018
Mrbolt555:
guy ur not funny. Ur more like a fool. undecided
why are u trying to nip is early comedy career at the bud?

Do u want him to resort to committing real suicide abi
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Tamarapetty(f): 9:46am On Aug 17, 2018
kenex4ever:
why u no drink am.

You are lazy for not drinking it
If u drink it, you are also lazy for taking the easy way out.
Either way, Laziness is u
Fah kick you grin
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 17, 2018
kenex4ever:
it shouldn't b about ur family but you.

If you make ur existence about them, the day they turn their backs on u (offend u) does it mean u will stop to exist?
wow, thanks for the advice God richly bless you

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Gaspardd(m): 10:45am On Aug 17, 2018
kenex4ever:
you are so so wrong.
R
Who told you sh*t is not happening to him?

Only lazy people think they are the ones suffering the most.
If everyone you see on the road open up to tell u what they going through, you will know that urs is not the worst.

You re a very shallow person, im sure u re one mommy's boy who had a D and thinks that life is tough

What i mearnt about that was when u have really failed at life, have u ever quit ur job and invest ur whole life to start a biz only to see the biz crumble right in front of you?

And in that situation the advice someone who has been through a similar exp will give you will be diff from the advice a random fucktàrd will offer you.
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by kenex4ever(m): 10:56am On Aug 17, 2018
Gaspardd:

You re a very shallow person, im sure u re one mommy's boy who had a D and thinks that life is tough

What i mearnt about that was when u have really failed at life, have u ever quit ur job and invest ur whole life to start a biz only to see the biz crumble right in front of you?

And in that situation the advice someone who has been through a similar exp will give you will be diff from the advice a random fucktàrd will offer you.
have ever graduated from university and seven years after, no job?

What u said is a difficult situation but some people don't even have that job experience, some are terminally ill.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Martinez19(m): 10:58am On Aug 17, 2018
Image123:

you must be high on spice(k2). Christians, Muslims, Hindus and other religious folks commit suicide. Who told you life is meaningless to atheists? We atheists give our lives meaning. HardMirror, the op of this thread, is an atheist and you see him here encouraging people not to commit suicide, why would he do that if he thinks life is meaningless and not worth living?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Seandisputed(m): 12:01pm On Aug 17, 2018
kenex4ever:
bro, keep believing, keep the good work, work smart, and things will be better
Thanks bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Gaspardd(m): 12:53pm On Aug 17, 2018
kenex4ever:
have ever graduated from university and seven years after, no job?

What u said is a difficult situation but some people don't even have that job experience, some are terminally ill.

When pple contemplate suicide, pple re too quick to judge them as weak but in real life they are sometimes the bravest pple.

For me, what brought about my suicidal tots was if i cant achieve my dreams, if i cant make this life meaningful for myself and for pple around me, then there is no point living this life.

I wud have gone ahead, already set date and place, told my friends that they will hear some bad news about me, on getting to the river,instead of jumpin, i pússied out and went back om.

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by kenex4ever(m): 2:47pm On Aug 17, 2018
Gaspardd:

When pple contemplate suicide, pple re too quick to judge them as weak but in real life they are sometimes the bravest pple.

For me, what brought about my suicidal tots was if i cant achieve my dreams, if i cant make this life meaningful for myself and for pple around me, then there is no point living this life.

I wud have gone ahead, already set date and place, told my friends that they will hear some bad news about me, on getting to the river,instead of jumpin[b], i pússied out and went back om.[/b]
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by kenex4ever(m): 2:57pm On Aug 17, 2018
Gaspardd:

I wud have gone ahead, already set date and place, told my friends that they will hear some bad news about me, on getting to the river,instead of jumpin[b], i pússied out and went back om.[/b]

There is always light at the end of the tunnel. The brightness of the light may vary but surely, there will be light.

Scientists that made the world an easier place for us to live today, most of them failed thousands of time before achieving success but today we only talk about their success because they never gave up.

I have been in a situation where my gf of over 3years left me for an illiterate that has money while I was broke. Trying to apply jobs but my age has passed the limit of those without masters, failed interviews and tests, had to learn technical job of which 80percent of my colleagues were secondary school students, I never contemplated suicide.

I thank God I'm in a better place now.

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by kenex4ever(m): 2:59pm On Aug 17, 2018
jessca048:
wow, thanks for the advice God richly bless you
Amen sister
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by kenex4ever(m): 3:00pm On Aug 17, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Fah kick you grin
lol
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Gaspardd(m): 4:39pm On Aug 17, 2018
kenex4ever:

There is always light at the end of the tunnel. The brightness of the light may vary but surely, there will be light.

Scientists that made the world an easier place for us to live today, most of them failed thousands of time before achieving success but today we only talk about their success because they never gave up.

I have been in a situation where my gf of over 3years left me for an illiterate that has money while I was broke. Trying to apply jobs but my age has passed the limit of those without masters, failed interviews and tests, had to learn technical job of which 80percent of my colleagues were secondary school students, I never contemplated suicide.

I thank God I'm in a better place now.

I am actually better now also, but my exp has made me developed an empathy for those that contemplates suicide or that might seem to cave in to d pressures of this world, i understand them deeply as opposed to sn who is aloof to their problems dishin out some shallow advice.
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by kenex4ever(m): 5:05pm On Aug 17, 2018
Gaspardd:

I am actually better now also, but my exp has made me developed an empathy for those that contemplates suicide or that might seem to cave in to d pressures of this world, i understand them deeply as opposed to sn who is aloof to their problems dishin out some shallow advice.
yea, I get u.

Every challenge has an expiry date.
No body gets out of this life alive that's y I don't advise people to rush death because it must surely come. Life is too short, no need to shorten a short thing.

The darker the night, the brighter the stars.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by Oneboypikin: 6:35pm On Aug 17, 2018
HardMirror:
hmmm... this is a lot. I am sure many more are in deeper poo... I dont see suicide as a big deal really afterall we can die at any fvcking time without any notice. But when we do, we concede victory to our challenges. If there is something i wont be, i would not be a loser!
This what you gotta Say Lol
I put only 1/5 there of course I know it would be worse for others
I did not talk about how I was sexually molested as boy etc.
All this a Farce well LOL OYO
Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by mayorall(m): 9:43am On Aug 18, 2018
HardMirror:
little or nothing i have there. Keep a tab on me. Lets see if anything comes up i cld engage you with in the nearest future. By the way check out guys like Ymodulous and mayorall here on nairaland. Known these guys since 2013/2014 and it is amazing how they built their lives from almost nothing. Take time to think. Also relate make friends with guys who are thinking ahead and working... you may have to serve first, but it is all temporary, with time you would be able to stand on your own. If you were in lagos i could i linked you up with young hustling guys you can learn from

Hmmmm. Great write up...

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by freethinker01: 12:46pm On Aug 18, 2018
What I've passed through in this life have given me countless reasons to call it quits. But as I am right now, whatever happens, happens. If I die so be it, and if I live, all the best. This life isn't worth the stress Jhor.

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? by HardMirror(m): 5:12pm On Aug 18, 2018
Ridhw0n:
Can i send you a pm pls
i cant access the mail i registered with. Drop your mail. I wld reach u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Boyfriend bleeps Me To An Extent That I'm About To Go Pay My Bride Price / I Have A Boyfriend, But I'm Falling for This New Guy / Girls Only!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.