Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,207 members, 7,811,564 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! (205140 Views)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Amplified (The Official Thread of BBA 6) / Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by thando(f): 6:53pm On Jul 22, 2010
damn hannington feeling heself there. LERATO was the BEST, also liked Paloma and Yacob
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by naijagal(f): 6:55pm On Jul 22, 2010
it aint so easy to stand up there to talk bout your land in 3 minutes sha
my only problem with uti's speech was d extra base he put in his voice, apart from that i think his speech was okay. lets 4get all this "giant of africa" ish jare. am tired of hearing dat

d ppl dat have impressed me so far in their speeches are paloma,lerato& sheila , code drew a blank at a point and dat was hilarious to watch and as for sammy who was going on and on embarassed
jen was super duper nervous and all of a sudden her english failed her, infact tatiana's english sounded way better shocked i felt for her though
as for mellington em  i mean hannington, wat da heck was he going on about at d end na wa o
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by MeGaStReEt: 7:04pm On Jul 22, 2010
Hanningtons speach was about africa and not his country, he obviously do not have anything to say about his country
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Tatase(f): 7:11pm On Jul 22, 2010
I agree that Lerato's was the best.  I also liked yakob's and sheila's. Hannington's was a bit funny in my opinion but he and everyone sha tried.

naijagal:

my only problem with uti's speech was d extra base he put in his voice, apart from that i think his speech was okay. lets 4get all this "giant of africa" ish jare. am tired of hearing dat

I agree o. I'd find it inappropriate and a little ill-mannered to in that setting to be like my country is the giant of Africa. It's like u can big up where ur from abroad without resorting to cliches that are only accepted in your country.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by dominique(f): 8:41pm On Jul 22, 2010
damn!!! i missed o! i just tuned in and all i'm seeing are smses praising lerato for her speech and booing jen and tatiana for their speeches. thanks for the update guys, will watchout for the highlights tomorrow.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by tayoast(m): 9:46pm On Jul 22, 2010
apparently, Hannington showed his dick to Lerato and Meryl.

''so, do u like little willy?'' undecided
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by mumagee(f): 10:39pm On Jul 22, 2010
No! He didn't!! I av bn watching when did he do that?
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by tayoast(m): 10:54pm On Jul 22, 2010
^^d'u watch d daily shows on MNetW and AfMag??
He did show dem 'his goodies'

Meryl then goes 2 tell Sheila dt wat she saw is 'small'
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by mumagee(f): 11:32pm On Jul 22, 2010
Good gracious! The guy is desperate. The best way to let Sheila know his size is to tell Lerato et all! Anyway what is small for Meryl can be big for sheilasmiley
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:33pm On Jul 22, 2010
[size=13pt]Sheila is too talkative . . . she should shut the hell up pleassssssse -- see hair teeth!! angry angry[/size]
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by knick(m): 12:06am On Jul 23, 2010
Trust me, when the heat starts,all them pretence would fade-out with out them noticing.Doe wacky for now.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:03am On Jul 23, 2010
[size=13pt]I dey tell you. . . . cheesy cheesy[/size]

knick:

Trust me, when the heat starts,all them pretence would fade-out with out them noticing.Doe wacky for now.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by MeGaStReEt: 3:11am On Jul 23, 2010
Pastor Uti, well done
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ScreenDiva: 5:33am On Jul 23, 2010
I tell you, Paloma is ever confident and i enjoyed her speech, her outfit too was great, she always goes for stuff that fit her body and her big bum bum grin grin grin. she started the whole ''the red colour in my flag stands for the blood we shed to gain our independence, even those that had wine colour in their flag too called it red for the blood they spill to get their independence, sotayyyyyyyyyyyyyy Yacob that said they were never colonized ''am tired of hearing that sh^t'' said too that the red in Ethiopia's flag was for the blood they had to shed but couldn't complete his sentence, he just mumbled something i did not really get, when he remembered that they were not colonized so i wonder the kind pf blood he was referring to abii na follow follow hmmmmmmmmmmmm lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

As much as i would love to hate Lerato, her speech was smooth& entertaining, kiss kiss kiss i was lost in it because she carried everybody along with the smile on her face and she also used her hand to demonstrate, i really enjoyed it, it was as if she should not stop, if i would award any marks at all, she would come first followed by Paloma, because Paloma was a bit too serious with her speech, it was the kind of speech that would end with ''Aluta Continua'' grin grin I loved Lerato's outfit too,

Meryl was okay, she sounded like a newscaster. ''And the headlines are bla bla bla. grin grin Sheila was cool and confident too, she just used Obama pose for her speech ''Kenya which is also the home country of the President of America, bla bla bla'' na today?

Sammie was the first to give his speech, i did not really enjoy it though but it made sense sha, the Kpomo wey dey the guy lips no dey allow am express himself well enough, he was the only one that really made it look like a task, he just stood their like a statue without an expression on hi face, it reminded me of those primary school days when we went for debate and we ended our topic as thus ''I hope i have been able to convince you and not confuse you that Ghana is a great country bla bla bla.

Uti was just there, i think for me it was because i already knew what he was going to say but why i watched him was to see his composure, him try sha. its not easy to come out and speak in where 2 or 3 are gathered, not to talk of the whole of Africa!!! that is why i pity Jennifer, i will not criticise her, i actually pitied the poor girl, having Portuguese as her main language and having to learn English in School, her English has improved though compared to last year where she would describe something and the housemates would tell her what it meant in English.lol!!!! grin grin Tatiana's English has improved too but for me her speech was just there, i did not really feel it coming from the inside.

Munya - was ok., i guess he is still missing his little baby. Abeg Biggie give him news from home before the guy breakdown completely.
Mwisho - An ok speech, his attitude was like ''I just dey do this speech becos of biggie oooo if not i no send Africa!!!!
Hanninghton - I just got lost in his speech, pointless, presentation wise - ZERO whatz up with him kneeling down in the beginning and rotating in the middle of his speech, the guy just lost me because i did not understand a damn thing he said. As for me, he was the worst presenter!!!!!.

After everything, the housemates lost their 100% wager!!!! hmmmmm ''O ma se oooo, some people don dey think how dem go starve next week with the food shortage they are experiencing already grin grin grin grin i think that would bring out the beast in some of them that have edited themselves, in terms of cooking and cleaning, The Revolution team were more organised because they cooked for all and did chores together but ALL STARS are too celebrity enough to do chores, na dem go suffer am, i already pity people like Paloma that says she cannot stand dirt ''hmmmmmmmm my kind of person, if what Sammie has introduced does not work, Paloma go clean sotayyyyyyy. grin grin grin grin She reminded the housemates that if they run out of food they should settle for soaked garri (water & garri) i laughed sotayyyyyy these housemates no go kill me ooooo, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by naijagal(f): 10:27am On Jul 23, 2010
tati is d first head of house for bba all stars!
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Gunnergal: 10:43am On Jul 23, 2010
ScreenDiva:

I tell you, Paloma is ever confident and i enjoyed her speech, her outfit too was great, she always goes for stuff that fit her body and her big bum bum grin grin grin. she started the whole ''the red colour in my flag stands for the blood we shed to gain our independence, even those that had wine colour in their flag too called it red for the blood they spill to get their independence, sotayyyyyyyyyyyyyy Yacob that said they were never colonized ''am tired of hearing that sh^t'' said too that the red in Ethiopia's flag was for the blood they had to shed but couldn't complete his sentence, he just mumbled something i did not really get, when he remembered that they were not colonized so i wonder the kind pf blood he was referring to abii na follow follow hmmmmmmmmmmmm lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

As much as i would love to hate Lerato, her speech was smooth& entertaining, kiss kiss kiss i was lost in it because she carried everybody along with the smile on her face and she also used her hand to demonstrate, i really enjoyed it, it was as if she should not stop, if i would award any marks at all, she would come first followed by Paloma, because Paloma was a bit too serious with her speech, it was the kind of speech that would end with ''Aluta Continua'' grin grin I loved Lerato's outfit too,

Meryl was okay, she sounded like a newscaster. ''And the headlines are bla bla bla. grin grin Sheila was cool and confident too, she just used Obama pose for her speech ''Kenya which is also the home country of the President of America, bla bla bla'' na today?

Sammie was the first to give his speech, i did not really enjoy it though but it made sense sha, the Kpomo wey dey the guy lips no dey allow am express himself well enough, he was the only one that really made it look like a task, he just stood their like a statue without an expression on hi face, it reminded me of those primary school days when we went for debate and we ended our topic as thus ''I hope i have been able to convince you and not confuse you that Ghana is a great country bla bla bla.

Uti was just there, i think for me it was because i already knew what he was going to say but why i watched him was to see his composure, him try sha. its not easy to come out and speak in where 2 or 3 are gathered, not to talk of the whole of Africa!!! that is why i pity Jennifer, i will not criticise her, i actually pitied the poor girl, having Portuguese as her main language and having to learn English in School, her English has improved though compared to last year where she would describe something and the housemates would tell her what it meant in English.lol!!!! grin grin Tatiana's English has improved too but for me her speech was just there, i did not really feel it coming from the inside.

Munya - was ok., i guess he is still missing his little baby. Abeg Biggie give him news from home before the guy breakdown completely.
Mwisho - An ok speech, his attitude was like ''I just dey do this speech becos of biggie oooo if not i no send Africa!!!!
Hanninghton - I just got lost in his speech, pointless, presentation wise - ZERO whatz up with him kneeling down in the beginning and rotating in the middle of his speech, the guy just lost me because i did not understand a damn thing he said. As for me, he was the worst presenter!!!!!.

After everything, the housemates lost their 100% wager!!!! hmmmmm ''O ma se oooo, some people don dey think how dem go starve next week with the food shortage they are experiencing already grin grin grin grin i think that would bring out the beast in some of them that have edited themselves, in terms of cooking and cleaning, The Revolution team were more organised because they cooked for all and did chores together but ALL STARS are too celebrity enough to do chores, na dem go suffer am, i already pity people like Paloma that says she cannot stand dirt ''hmmmmmmmm my kind of person, if what Sammie has introduced does not work, Paloma go clean sotayyyyyyy. grin grin grin grin She reminded the housemates that if they run out of food they should settle for soaked garri (water & garri) i laughed sotayyyyyy these housemates no go kill me ooooo, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nice post.You had me L.M.A.O
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by kaybently: 11:10am On Jul 23, 2010
tati is d first head of house for bba all stars!

lerato and meryl are in trouble , let the conspiracy begin
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by dominique(f): 11:16am On Jul 23, 2010
nice one there screendiva you rock! smiley
so tatiana wins HoH for picking a ball, dratt! can't wait to see who she swaps. i have a feeling it's going to be meryl, sheila or lerato. she's always somehow uncomfortable around them.
Hms (esp Kaone and paloma) sucking up to Nigeria should save it till they're up for eviction jare. everybody is busy voting their countrymen right now. i'll vote to keep k1 in the house not if he's up against uti tho.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by kaybently: 12:38pm On Jul 23, 2010
@domnique its lerato and meryl, tati would deal with, as for voting am supporting mwiusho. all the way , i wasted a lot of money voting uti in bb3 and voted through the web and all he did was get violent, its not happening again this season , mwisho is the bestman
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by dominique(f): 1:10pm On Jul 23, 2010
^^^ but it happened only once and you're willing to tag him with that? this mwisho you're rooting for, what exactly does he do? cause all i see him do all the time cuss, cuss and more cuss. he can't even compose a complete sentence without dropping the f-word. i'd rather vote sammy and paloma over him
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by mumagee(f): 1:36pm On Jul 23, 2010
Mwisho is ok but against Uti he doesn't stand a chance, uti is more talented and Mwisho is kinda NFAish (no future ambitionish) its too early to not want to vote for uti, let's do what we know how to do best support our own till the very end, except the person is Nkenna of cause.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Rheinmetal(m): 1:45pm On Jul 23, 2010
Isn't it a bit early to start comparing who stands a chance and who doesn't? Thet've spent what? 5 out of a possible 91days. Besides what's the possibility of a back to back win for Naija given that the majority of the fickle, but unfortunately passionate BBA viewers are still bitter that Nigeria "stole" the last BBA Revolution. Uti would've to do something 'spectacular' to pull it off. My opinion, he doesn't even seem ready to that yet.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by mumagee(f): 1:54pm On Jul 23, 2010
Who won it for Kelvin? Nigerians everywhere, I was voting from America! I agree Uti has to do something special the part of that he is not ready I can't say. If he can convince us he can do it and for Niger sakes (especially if others start dissing, then the game is on!)We can still win it back to back! It won't b all about Uti when it gets to that. My point is the guy just have to convince us and that's it! We will win it for him, even the house mates knows this part hence all the sucking up!
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Rheinmetal(m): 2:02pm On Jul 23, 2010
Oh! I'm all up for a back-to-back win, don't get me wrong. I also agree with the massive voting for Kevin by Nigerians, and those in the diaspora, but what population of Nigerians in diaspora can influence the voting in the participating countries? Kevin worked his socks off for his "coup" The guy was chasing the camera all over the house, even some disgruntled housemates accused him of "acting" for the cameras. Well, Uti (for now, I don't know given that he has more star quality than Kevin, my opinion) is kinda of lying too low for me, sleeping at will, that's like baiting the waiting army of Naija haters to me!
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by mumagee(f): 2:18pm On Jul 23, 2010
Uti knows what he is doing, he is not kevin and can never be kevin, he has to come up with his own plan, we will just have to waite and see. From his discussions he has taking in some of the advices and reactions seriously of his past behaviour, the guy has potential and Nigerians have to watch and support him. For now he is my favourite along with mwisho. I like sheila too. Lerato is smooth and very intelligent she can grow on you, even I am beginning to like her a bit. I love Meryls presence, its spicy and gives this sence of oh! 'Who's gonna tab that'.
There's this rumour of Meryl and Uti, now I know if the guy goes there he will be crucified! But for me he is free, they will put the Y in 'Spicy'. Sheila for me is a nono fo him and Jen (I don't want SA after him cos of Quine )no. lerato yes for strategic reasons he can just choice to do it solo, but why waste all that good looks when you can win more hearts by giving viewer a love story
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by tsquaure(f): 2:41pm On Jul 23, 2010
hmmmm !!! no food in the house .
I am so worried for the house mates . especially when mwisho has proclaimed human flesh definately must be sweet. I cracked up when he said that yesterday.
everyone seem to be relieved that tati is HOH
but am sure lerato n meryl are scared .
good luck to the housemates . hope no one eats the other o!!!

Ps my worst housemates are sammy n paloma
sammy looks out of place
n paloma ? how i hate her over knowing attitude
my sis said she win the award for the hm that studied all the seasons of BB A the most
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Rheinmetal(m): 2:59pm On Jul 23, 2010
@mumagee, I really think you are missing the point. No one is trying to make a comparison between Uti and Kevin. Rather, Uti's strategy or lack of it thereof at this point is the issue. Granted he is one of the favourites (barring the back-to-back Naija factor militating against his chances), I mean his "star qualities" are unmistakable; He easily steals the scene from the others whenever he steps to the plate, problem is he hasn't been doing that often just yet for someone who wants to win, and that's cannon fodder for the Hate Naija campaigners, they'd want to take him out to give their guys a better shot at the moola. Love Story? Who wins with that? cept for Tatiana and Richard. So which of those chicks in the house would want to be a fall guy like Tatiana did for Richard. Richard got the money, what did Tati get? Don't you know hypocritical Africa does not take it kindly with lascivious women? They'll drink in the entertainment content but you'd still get the axe. Besides, Love tangos are a bit tricky, take out your partner and your script is played out. What do you think saved Emma in BBA Revolution? In BBA, Rebels always take the cake, so far Mwisho is playing that part. BTW, which of those chicks can play the doting Romantic heroine script, those ciggy-puffing gangsta wanna bes? barring Jennifer and Tatiana, and we already know how those chicks' stories go. Paloma? LMFAO
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 23, 2010
wow, apparently Uti's dad is in the hospital with prostrate cancer. that might explain him not being as hyper as people expect. Infact he's trying cos he's ever cheerful. Sheila told big brother during her diary session that Uti confided in her and her was even crying. Sheila then went ahead to ask Africa to pray for Uti and his dad, pretty touching
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ScreenDiva: 3:23pm On Jul 23, 2010
Congratulations Tatiana!!!!  cool cool cool

So far she has been the most outspoken housemate, others dey hide mouth talk because they do not want to have enemies just yet but Tatiana took it upon herself to call all the housemates to order, the kind of thing Paloma would usually do but because of ''fear of the unknown'' she kept calm and left Tatiana & Sammie to do all the talking about chores etc.

Now there is a Head of House let the action begin!!!!!! The people that hugged Tatiana when she won, i hope say no be ''Eye Service'' dem dey do?

All the housemates are complaining about food today in their diary sessions, Yacob informed Biggie that the food they were preparing for lunch was donated by Sammie,  shocked shocked shocked shocked Sammie actually brought food from home because of past experience wow?  I thought they do not allow such going by the search they undergo before entering the house,

Paloma in her diary session informed Biggie that alliances are gradually forming, sighting the first gang as ''LERATO, MERYL, HANNINGHTON, UTI and SHEILA'' na wa oooo She even went further to say Yacob was hanging that he was not in any alliance for now. Mennnnnn the guy don really learn him lesson from last season. Paloma asked Biggie the big question ''Big Brother, do you show viewers our shower hour?'' trust biggie, she replied '' Big brother records 24/7'' with that she left the diary room. I wonder why Paloma would be asking that kind of question being her second time on BBA, does she not know that when you sign on to be on the programme, your nudity is no longer private, even if they do not show us viewers, guys in the recording room would always have a fun day. grin grin grin grin grin If she like make she no remove cloth take her shower properly, na she sabi,  i no send her message. Their saviour in that house is that there is good airconditioner with uninterrupted power supply, if not, some people go dey smell bad bad,  embarassed embarassed embarassed

Sheila in her diary session informed biggie that for the past 2years, she had been Uti's friend, she had never seen him cry, but she saw him cry for the first time yesterday. I did not watch that part ooooo,  She went further to appeal to viewers and Africa to pray for Uti's father that was undergoing surgical operation for prostrate cancer. that is news to me ooo, ,  Because Uti in his own diary session seemed okay to me, he did not mention anything pertaining to his father in the hospital, since Sheila decided to be the Aproko (informant) make we dey pray for him papa oooo make him get well quick quick,    cool

The bushman Kaone requested for sewing needles from biggie hmmmmm ,  he misses sewing grin grin

BBA is like when you want to sit for an exam, you read available past questions so as to excel in your upcoming exams. Kevin applied and re-applied for BBA until he was eventually invited last year for the revolution, he had also watched past seasons to actually see what some of the losers did not do well and prepared himself properly. Although, Africa voted and made him a winner, but he did not just win it, he earned it, by participating fully in all the tasks given, sometimes you would think he was the HoH because of the way he carried himself, not forgetting his comic and dancing skills which he used to grace our screen, he never took offense even when he was called a short dude but made fun out of the situation. With all these qualities, he raised the bar higher!!!!! I do not see Uti winning BBA 5, but if he yaps less and concentrate on the game he might go far but for now lets just watch and see.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Rheinmetal(m): 4:03pm On Jul 23, 2010
Way to go Uti and Sheila. Now that's the best way to score some sympathy votes thru proxy. Take a cue Munya of "the how's my baby doing?" fame!
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by kkkossy(m): 5:15pm On Jul 23, 2010
i`m really missing out for sure, hw on earth will i watch BBA 5 at work? embarassed
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by naijagal(f): 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2010
kkkossy:

i`m really missing out for sure, hw on earth will i watch BBA 5 at work? embarassed
buy MTN dstv mobile

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (179) (Reply)

Some Nigeria Movie Stars Profile / MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread / Power TV Series Fan Thread: STARZ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.