Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,136 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795618 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bigwizzy001(m): 9:59am On Oct 23, 2018
But that first degree must also be in a course closely related to medicine or just any science course will suffice?? Like me that did computer science for firat degree??

Timotee:

No, a secondary school graduate cannot get admitted to study Medicine in the US. Medicine is studied as a graduate programme in the US; which means that you have to get a first degree (bachelors) from a US university before you can apply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 23, 2018
[quote author=Olumzbaba120 post=72337341][/quote]Sent u a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Awilibogy(m): 10:35am On Oct 23, 2018
Superbrain:

No you do not need to. SEVIS Fee payment is valid for 12 months.

Thanks you so much sir I really appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gabbybanks: 12:26pm On Oct 23, 2018
Please who knows how to interpret GRE to know the total score?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 12:42pm On Oct 23, 2018
Gabbybanks:
Please who knows how to interpret GRE to know the total score?

Add the verbal and quantitative together
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by donvito102: 12:54pm On Oct 23, 2018
Hello guys, I went for my interview in September,now am planning to go again. Is it safe for me to change who’s sponsoring me? Like; can I use another statement of account? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tunji5558: 2:03pm On Oct 23, 2018
Here is my number 07038219689. Let's talk later in the day.
Olumzbaba120:
.... Drop your number or call me , let's do mock interview ,08167516558
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by angelajuni(f): 2:27pm On Oct 23, 2018
Don’t study any course in Nigeria just for the sole purpose of migrating with it
camobri:
Do USA still need foreign trained nurses especially from Nigeria? Is it a wise idea to study nursing here in the university so you could migrate to the USA with it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 23, 2018
angelajuni:
Don’t study any course in Nigeria just for the sole purpose of migrating with it
What are your reasons please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pharmacylaws: 3:59pm On Oct 23, 2018
Please guys is a company's account acceptable or personal account acceptable or both as a financial statement for f1 visa interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ifemiday: 4:44pm On Oct 23, 2018
Hello everyone, please I don't know if I'm on the right page,
Can someone transfer from graduate school to community college. Kindly help to answer this question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lextube: 6:30pm On Oct 23, 2018
Hello house,

Please can someone use a different bank statement for visa interview from the one that was used to gain admission to a University?

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Freeman59: 6:45pm On Oct 23, 2018
lextube:
Hello house,

Please can someone use a different bank statement for visa interview from the one that was used to gain admission to a University?

Thank you.

Yes, if the sponsor's name isn't quoted on your i-20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Robert6708: 6:49pm On Oct 23, 2018
tunji5558:
Goodevening everyone, My interview is thursday 26th October. I have my proposed transcript here, I will appreciate your review and comments.

Vo: Goodmorning
Me: Goodmorning, hope you had a good night rest
VO: Pass me your Passport and I20
Me: I obliged
VO: why are you going to US?
Me: I am going for my Masters in Business Admninistration with concentration in supply chain management at Rankin Collegeof Business,
Southern Arkansas University, Magnolia.
VO: How did you hear about this school?
Me: I first saw it on Gmatclub; an interactive community that offers online resources for GMAT, MBA and Business school, as one of the schools that offer MBA with concentration in supply chain management, and further my research by checking the school website and linkedin for Alumni and Professors in the school.
VO; When did you finishyour first Degree?
Me: I finished in 2015
VO: What have you been doing since then?
Me: I had my professional internship which lasted a year and then went for NYSC before I joined Medsaf Inc, where I work currently as a procurement and order Pharmacist
VO: What course?
Me: Pharmacy
VO: Why are you switching to Business Management?
Me:I am not switching, Supply Chain Management as an emerging field that integrate and coordinate business processes in maximizing customer satisfaction and efficient use of resources is finding usefulness and applicability in every industry and the health sector is not an exception. Pharmacists as custodian of Medicines are embracing the concept to ensure uninterrupted availability of medications for health programs. The program will equip me with skills and experience to support organizational effort in implementing different strategies in supply chain management of Health commodities
VO: What is your study Plan
Me: To be award the degree of Master in Business Administration with concentration in supply chain management, I must complete 33 hour credit unit course, 21 hours of core MBA courses and 12 hours of supply chain courses. The MBA courses include Business analysis, Managerial Finance, Managerial Economics, Human Behavior in Organization, Strategic Analysis and Planing, strategic Marketing and Accounting for Decision Making. The supply chain mangement courses include RFID application, Supply chain Mnagement Strategy and sustainability, supply chain cybersecurity, ERP, Project Management and supply chain sourcing
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 2
VO: Mention them
Me: southern Arkansas University and University of south Dakota
VO: Why SAU
Me: Apart from the fact that the curriculum aligns with my career objectives, I will have an uncommon opportunity to work with Professor Kenneth Green whose research according to the Program Director, Christie focuses on Supply Management Strategy and analytics. This is an exciting opportunity because it will afford me opportunity to learn from research different supply chain mangement strategies I have been reading from text.
VO: What would you do with this course?
ME: I will use the acquired skill and knowledge to support the government effort in ownership drive and institutionalization of supply chain management of Health commodity in my country for sustainability. Currently the supply chain management of Public health commodities programs in my country are implemented by International partners which is not sustainable due to insufficient professionals or lack of expertise.
VO: Who is your sponsor?
Me: My Elder Brother
VO: Why is he sponsoring you?
Me: He has been supporting my education since my undergraduate and he has been impressed with my performance and he encourages my career objectives
VO: What does your brother do?
ME: He is a Civil Engineer and the CEO ofXXXX Engineering Limited that he started in 2012, the company specializes in road construction, building and Boreholes. He is one of the major contractors of UNICEF in the implementation of WASH Project in the South West Nigeria.
VO: Have you travelled before?
ME: Yes
VO: where?
ME: I have been to Ghana, Togo and Benin republic
VO: Did you write any Standardized Test?
ME: Yes I did
VO: Which one?
ME: I wrote GMAT and IELTS
VO: I will be approving your Visa, (AMEN)
THANK YOU

Bro, you had pharmacy as ur first degree, you’re definitely switching. You can make your point to the VO, give a more attractive reason behind your switch. But don’t say you’re not switching when clearly you’re . Yould be awarded with MBA, so that’s a switch. A not so friendly VO May see that as a reason to deny you.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Macaulay10(m): 7:05pm On Oct 23, 2018
Freeman59:

if the i-20 indicates family(I.e using uncle SOA for admission) and not parents..... Can one go with a father statements of account?....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 7:32pm On Oct 23, 2018
Macaulay10:
if the i-20 indicates family(I.e using uncle SOA for admission) and not parents..... Can one go with a father statements of account?....

Yes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 23, 2018
bigwizzy001:
But that first degree must also be in a course closely related to medicine or just any science course will suffice?? Like me that did computer science for firat degree??

First off, with a foreign (non-U.S.) first degree, it is very difficult to get admitted into medical school in the U.S. This is because the American Medical College Application Service does not accept foreign education transcripts, verify them or calculate a grade point average. Hence, almost all U.S. medical schools require international applicants to complete coursework in the U.S. before applying. Some require a year of U.S.-based coursework, while others ask that all medical school prerequisites be completed in the U.S. As for the closeness of the first degree to Medicine, it doesn't have to be necessarily related. Students from the Arts and Social Sciences, as well as sciences apply and are admitted into medical school as long as all medical school prerequisites are completed.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Freeman59: 7:48pm On Oct 23, 2018
Macaulay10:
yes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lextube: 8:01pm On Oct 23, 2018
Freeman59:

Thanks. The sponsor's name isn't quoted on my i-20. It was only written family fund.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lextube: 8:03pm On Oct 23, 2018
Lastly, can someone use a fixed deposit account as his proof of funds?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ndindiatu: 8:20pm On Oct 23, 2018
Abeg make.una answer me.naw.
Good day house. I greet all. My daughter studied Food Engineering and wants to do her master's on the same course. What do u guys think.? Is food engineering a lucrative coursein USA and what is her chance of getting employment after the course. Though I told her to do nursing in her first year she refused.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pharmacylaws: 9:44pm On Oct 23, 2018
pharmacylaws:
Please guys is a company's account acceptable or personal account acceptable or both as a financial statement for f1 visa interview

I need response please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 23, 2018
ndindiatu:
Abeg make.una answer me.naw.
Good day house. I greet all. My daughter studied Food Engineering and wants to do her master's on the same course. What do u guys think.? Is food engineering a lucrative coursein USA and what is her chance of getting employment after the course. Though I told her to do nursing in her first year she refused.

Although, I am not in the field of engineering, I may be able to give you some input to kickstart. According to the Institute of Food Technologists, food engineering is considered lucrative (http://www.ift.org/food-technology/past-issues/2016/february/features/2015-food-science-salaries-in-spotlight.aspx?page=viewall) with a median salary of $90,000 for food science professionals in 2015. Note that salaries may vary depending on the educational level (bachelors, masters, or PhD). However, it is still one of the lower paying fields of engineering as it is not among the top 10 paying fields of engineering (https://www.bestcollegesonline.org/highest-paying-jobs/engineering/). On the other hand, food engineering is closely related to chemical engineering and she can consider a switch to chemical engineering which is more lucrative. Another point to think about is whether she may want to pursue a PhD degree instead of a masters degree. PhD programmes in engineering give admissions to students with bachelors degree (and most are funded). With a PhD, her salary will top that of the masters and she will have more options. Note that the PhD option is obviously longer (4-5 years) than the masters (2 years), but if she's the kind that loves research, then it may be a good fit.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 10:09pm On Oct 23, 2018
[quote author=Olumzbaba120 post=72337341][/quote]

Sincerely, my only flaw on this interview is your choice of school. With such great GRE score, you should be able to research good schools that would take you with some funding.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tunji5558: 10:30pm On Oct 23, 2018
OK. Thank you.
Robert6708:

Bro, you had pharmacy as ur first degree, you’re definitely switching. You can make your point to the VO, give a more attractive reason behind your switch. But don’t say you’re not switching when clearly you’re . Yould be awarded with MBA, so that’s a switch. A not so friendly VO May see that as a reason to deny you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 23, 2018
tunji5558:
Goodevening everyone, My interview is thursday 26th October. I have my proposed transcript here, I will appreciate your review and comments.

Vo: Goodmorning
Me: Goodmorning, hope you had a good night rest
VO: Pass me your Passport and I20
Me: I obliged
VO: why are you going to US?

VO: I will be approving your Visa, (AMEN)
THANK YOU

I just looked through your transcript and I noticed that you're not sufficiently tying your pharmacy profession with what you intend to study (business administration). I totally agree with you that you're not switching, but if you don't sufficiently explain the link, it then sounds as if you're switching. From your response, it seems that you're delving into pharmacy administration. Although, you're doing business administration, it is being applied to pharmacy. Personally, I think you should include pharmacy somewhere in your response when asked your course of study. For example, something like "Masters in Business Administration with a concentration in pharmacy supply chain management". I'm not sure if it makes sense, but to a non-pharmacist, it's easier that way to see the relationship that you're trying to show between business admin and pharmacy. All in all, I think it will be best if you make the relationship very clear at the outset of your interview to avoid future lengthy explanations down the line.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jionyk: 10:58pm On Oct 23, 2018
Please someone help. I have my second interview next week. The first one was in August and didn't go well.I am applying for Master's in Public Administration at John Jay College, New York.

My aunt is my sponsor. In the last interview the VO asked why someone will commit such an amount ($43,150) to pay for my studies and I told him she has been the one responsible for my education from secondary school. He asked if I was married and I said no, then he handed me the rejection paper.
I want to get it right this time around, please what should I do?

GboyegaD:

You read through the process and then ask questions. Another way is to read this thread and then ask questions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Judgepelumi(m): 11:40pm On Oct 23, 2018
Dwebsites1:

Pelumi thanks for your responses!
I have done wes evaluation, pls can you tell me step by step process to get admission in that school? I'm I going to mail my documents, etc. kindly reply I'm not that familiar with processing admission. Thanks God bless you
Just have all your documents ready, and send them. I think different departments have their process for admission so I can't say if mine will be applicable to yours. But once you're admitted you'd get a mail from graduate admission

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by thekoko007: 12:45am On Oct 24, 2018
Pls I'm a business man here in Nigeria,which I have been into for the past 13 yrs,the business has done a lot for me,married with kids,own a house and also a warehouse where I sells my good,in short I'm into plumbing material.pls I'm interested in travelling to the united States ,how will I go about it...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tunji5558: 7:43am On Oct 24, 2018
Thank you Robert, I understand that am going to another field but I want to explain to the VO that acquired skill will be apply in my capacity as a pharmacist managing Health commodity supply chain.
Robert6708:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bigwizzy001(m): 7:46am On Oct 24, 2018
Timotee:

First off, with a foreign (non-U.S.) first degree, it is very difficult to get admitted into medical school in the U.S. This is because the American Medical College Application Service does not accept foreign education transcripts, verify them or calculate a grade point average. Hence, almost all U.S. medical schools require international applicants to complete coursework in the U.S. before applying. Some require a year of U.S.-based coursework, while others ask that all medical school prerequisites be completed in the U.S. As for the closeness of the first degree to Medicine, it doesn't have to be necessarily related. Students from the Arts and Social Sciences, as well as sciences apply and are admitted into medical school as long as all medical school prerequisites are completed.

Thanks for the clearing the air on this. I don learn early this morning.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flakkie1130(f): 8:02am On Oct 24, 2018
Good morning, does anyone have any information about fitching state university graduate program? Masters in business administration with concentration in Human resources to be precise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.