Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795999 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flakkie1130(f): 8:04am On Oct 24, 2018
Good morning, does anyone have any information about fitchburg state university graduate program? Masters in business administration with concentration in Human resources to be precise. [/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by drsuleot: 10:07am On Oct 24, 2018
Hello,

I need help on this:

I booked my appointment in early September but I did not submit my DS 160 application. I wanted to submit the application yesterday but could not retrieve it. I have heard of a situation where you can complete another application and link the new application ID to the appointment. In my case, I forgot the login details used for the appointment. Please, what can I do?

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 10:14am On Oct 24, 2018
Flakkie1130:
Good morning, does anyone have any information about fitchburg state university graduate program? Masters in business administration with concentration in Human resources to be precise.

Well, if those that have information about the school do not come online or noone actually knows, you can go to the school's website, look for your prospective department, check out the faculty (staff) and get the mail of the graduate school chair, you can direct all your questions to him/her; I'm sure they'd be willing to help.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 10:57am On Oct 24, 2018
donvito102:
Hello guys, I went for my interview in September,now am planning to go again. Is it safe for me to change who’s sponsoring me? Like; can I use another statement of account? Thanks
same issue I have bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omomayelakesi: 10:59am On Oct 24, 2018
Dear NL family,

My Gre is Scheduled for December 2018 and my toefl is scheduled for January 2019. I need help with magoosh premium login for both gre and toefl. Applying for fall 2019.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:44am On Oct 24, 2018
Jionyk:
Please someone help. I have my second interview next week. The first one was in August and didn't go well.I am applying for Master's in Public Administration at John Jay College, New York.

My aunt is my sponsor. In the last interview the VO asked why someone will commit such an amount ($43,150) to pay for my studies and I told him she has been the one responsible for my education from secondary school. He asked if I was married and I said no, then he handed me the rejection paper.
I want to get it right this time around, please what should I do?

That is a lot of money for Public administration to be honest ............
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Audt: 11:52am On Oct 24, 2018
Hello House, I am 26yrs old going for a Bachelor degree in US, I went to the Embassy July 23 then I was still 25 I was denied visa after the interview went on smoothly... I am planning on going to the back December.... Please do you think my denial has something to do with my age... I need answers and how I can convince them better... Although I told the VO that I have been running my Dad Bakery Business as he is always busy as a contractor... The reason am going for BSC. Is to take the business to international level ... house please advise me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 12:03pm On Oct 24, 2018
Audt:
Hello House, I am 26yrs old going for a Bachelor degree in US, I went to the Embassy July 23 then I was still 25 I was denied visa after the interview went on smoothly... I am planning on going to the back December.... Please do you think my denial has something to do with my age... I need answers and how I can convince them better... Although I told the VO that I have been running my Dad Bakery Business as he is always busy as a contractor... The reason am going for BSC. Is to take the business to international level ... house please advise me

I don't hope to discourage you but tell me please; how do you intend to take a bakery in Nigeria to an international level?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Audt: 12:11pm On Oct 24, 2018
Philadelphia:

I don't hope to discourage you but tell me please; how do you intend to take a bakery in Nigeria to an international level?

If I mean take it to international level am talking about be able to compete with and be among the top five best bakery and confectionary entity in Nigeria by inculcating practice and principles acquired during my study in the US

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CptCharlesVane: 12:33pm On Oct 24, 2018
I'd like some assistance with regard to choosing Universities in the US or Canada for admission and funding. I am not shooting for the stars and have modest and realist expectations as I've spent over $1000 already - exams, transcripts, and evaluation cry without even starting any applications. Looking to add another $1000 for application fees and official documents posting Lord! cry

Where do I start? I want to go for a PhD in Medicinal Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Science but it seems quite competitive from what I see on admission rates. I'm interested in Drug discovery and synthesis areas. Anyone with Uni suggestions, please.

My Profile:

GPA: 3.25/4 (WES)
Masters GPA: 3.42/4 (WES)
Tests: IELTS 7.5; GRE Chemistry (Oct 27)
GRE General (Nov 14)
Research Experience: +2years uni thesis projects + research internship abroad that led to a conference publication and poster in Geneva.
Work Experience: QC chemist 2010 (Ind Training) + here and there med lab rat experiences. Unrelated work experience afterwards.
Professional Assoc. member

Unis I'm looking at:

SUNY Buffalo, NY
Washington State
Northeastern, MA

UofT, Canada (if GRE = 325+, AW 5.0)

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omomayelakesi: 1:01pm On Oct 24, 2018
omomayelakesi:
Dear NL family,

My Gre is Scheduled for December 2018 and my toefl is scheduled for January 2019. I need help with magoosh premium login for both gre and toefl. Applying for fall 2019.

Thanks in anticipation.

Please house I need help on this one. I need to ace my gre for me to have any chance of funding....... help me !!!!!!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by angelajuni(f): 3:23pm On Oct 24, 2018
Robert6708:

Bro, you had pharmacy as ur first degree, you’re definitely switching. You can make your point to the VO, give a more attractive reason behind your switch. But don’t say you’re not switching when clearly you’re . Yould be awarded with MBA, so that’s a switch. A not so friendly VO May see that as a reason to deny you.

Great response. Additionally, supply chain management is not an emerging field. Since that’s like your 1st point a not too nice VO may just hold that against you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Oben209(f): 3:58pm On Oct 24, 2018
Hello House , please I need a good hotel close to the us embassy, my interview is on Monday . Any recommendations please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 24, 2018
drsuleot:
Hello,

I need help on this:

I booked my appointment in early September but I did not submit my DS 160 application. I wanted to submit the application yesterday but could not retrieve it. I have heard of a situation where you can complete another application and link the new application ID to the appointment. In my case, I forgot the login details used for the appointment. Please, what can I do?

Thank you

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. However, if you can't retrieve your previous DS-160, you can fill a new one and then update it on your profile on www.ustraveldocs.com. But it has to be done at least 72 hours before your appointment.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 24, 2018
omomayelakesi:

Please house I need help on this one. I need to ace my gre for me to have any chance of funding....... help me !!!!!!!!!!

I believe there's a GRE thread on Nairaland where you may get better help. However, here's a link to a Google drive obtained from that thread to get what you requested.
https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B-ii97JplpxMdzhHNnYxSUlPOEE

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omomayelakesi: 4:51pm On Oct 24, 2018
Thank you very much
Timotee:

I believe there's a GRE thread on Nairaland where you may get better help. However, here's a link to a Google drive obtained from that thread to get what you requested.
https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B-ii97JplpxMdzhHNnYxSUlPOEE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 4:52pm On Oct 24, 2018
Audt:

If I mean take it to international level am talking about be able to compete with and be among the top five best bakery and confectionary entity in Nigeria by inculcating practice and principles acquired during my study in the US
I see.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Rytefish: 5:09pm On Oct 24, 2018
Oben209:
Hello House , please I need a good hotel close to the us embassy, my interview is on Monday . Any recommendations please

Good hotel? if they mention their prices now, you will change your mind, well, I don't know how prepared you are financially.

But you haven't mentioned the particular embassy, Lagos or Abuja? so that they can know how to help you out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 5:18pm On Oct 24, 2018
Oben209:

Laos or Abuja?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 24, 2018
CptCharlesVane:
I'd like some assistance with regard to choosing Universities in the US or Canada for admission and funding. I am not shooting for the stars and have modest and realist expectations as I've spent over $1000 already - exams, transcripts, and evaluation cry without even starting any applications. Looking to add another $1000 for application fees and official documents posting Lord! cry

Where do I start? I want to go for a PhD in Medicinal Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Science but it seems quite competitive from what I see on admission rates. I'm interested in Drug discovery and synthesis areas. Anyone with Uni suggestions, please.

My Profile:

BSc Biochemistry (2011) 3.25/4 (WES)
MRes Organic Chemistry (2016) 3.42/4 (WES)
Tests: IELTS 7.5; GRE Chemistry (on Saturday, not looking good)
GRE General (Nov 14th; Manhattan first attempt V156 Q151)
Research Experience: +2years uni thesis projects + research internship abroad that led to a conference publication and poster in Geneva.
Work Experience: QC chemist 2010 (Ind Training) + here and there med lab rat experiences. Unrelated work experience afterwards.
Professional: Assoc. Member Royal Society of Chemistry.

Unis I'm looking at:

SUNY Buffalo, NY
Washington State
Northeastern, MA

UofT, Canada (if GRE = 325+, AW 5.0)

Looking through your application profile, you have quite a reasonably good profile. Don't be deterred by the admission rates that you see listed for programmes. Just choose a mix of programmes, some top and some moderate rankings and make sure to have really very good recommendation letters (where the recommender personalizes it and highlights in detail your research work and research potential) and a well written personal statement. Try applying to at least 6 programmes to maximize your chances of admission.
Here's a link from the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy that gives a detailed list of graduate degree programs for Pharmaceutical Sciences and Medicinal Chemistry (https://www.aacp.org/resource/graduate-degree-programs-pharmacy-and-pharmaceutical-sciences-north-america) It may serve as a guide.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CptCharlesVane: 6:53pm On Oct 24, 2018
Thanks. I'll go over it. I plan to begin applications right after my GRE in November. Looking to meet all priority deadlines by December. Hopefully smiley
Timotee:

Looking through your application profile, you have quite a reasonably good profile. Don't be deterred by the admission rates that you see listed for programmes. Just choose a mix of programmes, some top and some moderate rankings and make sure to have really very good recommendation letters (where the recommender personalizes it and highlights in detail your research work and research potential) and a well written personal statement. Try applying to at least 6 programmes to maximize your chances of admission.
Here's a link from the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy that gives a detailed list of graduate degree programs for Pharmaceutical Sciences and Medicinal Chemistry (https://www.aacp.org/resource/graduate-degree-programs-pharmacy-and-pharmaceutical-sciences-north-america) It may serve as a guide.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Oben209(f): 7:30pm On Oct 24, 2018
Rytefish:

Good hotel? if they mention their prices now, you will change your mind, well, I don't know how prepared you are financially.

But you haven't mentioned the particular embassy, Lagos or Abuja? so that they can know how to help you out.

Lagos , something around 8-12k
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Oben209(f): 7:30pm On Oct 24, 2018
Philadelphia:

Laos or Abuja?

Lagos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ijebuboy525: 7:42pm On Oct 24, 2018
What
Anchillary101:
Please, I need help now.
Please anybody in us, should be help me.
Please I wish I can find someone in us that can buy something then snap it and send the picture to me.
Any willing to help me, should be reply me.
I will send you the money.
What exactly do you need? Explain your self
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ijebuboy525: 7:45pm On Oct 24, 2018
rimijoshua:
Pls house,I need some clarifications..a friend said you must have full funding before you can be issued a visa...how true is this,kindly assist...
Full funding or Not doesn’t guarantee your visa it only boost your chance at the embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ijebuboy525: 7:51pm On Oct 24, 2018
Awilibogy:
Good morning House.
Please I need your urgent assistance, I deferred my admission to spring 2019, Do I have to pay another SEVIS fee? The new i-20 carry the same SEVIS FEE NO.
Sevis payment is valid for a year
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jpoppins(f): 8:51pm On Oct 24, 2018
Hi guys , please I need help. I was denied August 9th at the Lagos Embassy. I’m trying to book for another appointment since I deferred my admission to spring, I’ve been checking the appointment portal first date of appointment I saw was Jan 2nd 2019, this evening it changed to 3rd . My resumption is Jan 8th , I’m confused I don’t know what to do . Please help guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by rimijoshua(m): 10:40pm On Oct 24, 2018
Ijebuboy525:

Full funding or Not doesn’t guarantee your visa it only boost your chance at the embassy.
Thanks...if I am to resume for a masters program in January,when is the appropriate time to apply for a visa...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by rimijoshua(m): 10:42pm On Oct 24, 2018
Ijebuboy525:

Can one still get the visa if one has a sufficient account.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LadyCaty(f): 11:08pm On Oct 24, 2018
Jpoppins:
Hi guys , please I need help. I was denied August 9th at the Lagos Embassy. I’m trying to book for another appointment since I deferred my admission to spring, I’ve been checking the appointment portal first date of appointment I saw was Jan 2nd 2019, this evening it changed to 3rd . My resumption is Jan 8th , I’m confused I don’t know what to do . Please help guys

I think you have to wait till november to apply so it will be past two months since ur last interview.. This way you can apply as regular. If is August 9th it has passed two months.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 11:17pm On Oct 24, 2018
Jpoppins:
Book as "Regular" and NOT as "Previously Denied"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by nobleroyal: 11:18pm On Oct 24, 2018
pls house wen is the Best day in the month of November to book for an interview

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.