Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (799500 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ADEYHEMI: 11:27pm On Oct 24, 2018
nobleroyal:
pls house wen is the Best day in the month of November to book for an interview

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 11:38pm On Oct 24, 2018
nobleroyal:

Christmas day.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LilDraya: 11:56pm On Oct 24, 2018
Hi, Please i went for my visa interview in Lagos around first week in September and was denied. My school resumes in October but i have deferred for Jan 2019. Can i go for interview in Dec? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BarristerAlarig: 12:30am On Oct 25, 2018
Audt:
Hello House, I am 26yrs old going for a Bachelor degree in US, I went to the Embassy July 23 then I was still 25 I was denied visa after the interview went on smoothly... I am planning on going to the back December.... Please do you think my denial has something to do with my age... I need answers and how I can convince them better... Although I told the VO that I have been running my Dad Bakery Business as he is always busy as a contractor... The reason am going for BSC. Is to take the business to international level ... house please advise me

It makes more sense if you get your bachelor's here. Try noun... Getting a visa at your age would be difficult but not impossible. Why are you just going for a bachelor's degree?What have you been doing all these while? How would it improve your career prospect?? If I was a VO, I would denial you. You profile looks like everything but one who is a genuine student. But alas, I am not a VO grin grin grin.Don't mention coming back home to take over a bakery. It isn't a multinational and it has little prospects. These VO's have sense.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by olakenny12(m): 1:04am On Oct 25, 2018
Hello House, I've been following this forum for couple of years but can't but affirm it's indeed an educative forum.
I do have a very serious issues here and i need you guys to advise me. I have been denied F1 visa several times (4)
at the embassy, last time being last year December. All these while, i have always gone with one particular school though
i got admission from other schools. This same school has now offered me admission for 2019 spring semester with half
assistanship (was offered this the last time too). I want to know if it seems logical to apply for visa again for the fifth time
with the same school.
I am actually going for master program in electrical engineering.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 5:51am On Oct 25, 2018
olakenny12:
Hello House, I've been following this forum for couple of years but can't but affirm it's indeed an educative forum.
I do have a very serious issues here and i need you guys to advise me. I have been denied F1 visa several times (4)
at the embassy, last time being last year December. All these while, i have always gone with one particular school though
i got admission from other schools. This same school has now offered me admission for 2019 spring semester with half
assistanship (was offered this the last time too). I want to know if it seems logical to apply for visa again for the fifth time
with the same school.

Thanks.

If I were you, I will change school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Laparo: 6:04am On Oct 25, 2018
Pls house I wanted to schedule my appointment for January 2019 no space again till march 20 is that possible .And someone booked for Jan 2 ....is there anything wrong
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 6:25am On Oct 25, 2018
olakenny12:
with the same school.

Thanks.

I'm curious, what's your profile like? Could you post one of your transcripts? It looks like your money keeps their lights on. You should start factoring in other countries If you're bent on getting a first world country's postgraduate degree...four times is a lot but not enough to give up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 6:31am On Oct 25, 2018
Laparo:
Pls house I wanted to schedule my appointment for January 2019 no space again till march 20 is that possible .And someone booked for Jan 2 ....is there anything wrong
I just checked and the earliest date rn is December 4. And as at yesterday earliest appointment date was today Oct 25...how did you skip all this dates and made your way to march?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 6:31am On Oct 25, 2018
LilDraya:
Hi, Please i went for my visa interview in Lagos around first week in September and was denied. My school resumes in October but i have deferred for Jan 2019. Can i go for interview in Dec? Thanks
Yes, you can. But it is unlikely to get a date in December. Your best bet right now is January. What date are you resuming next year?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 6:34am On Oct 25, 2018
olakenny12:
with the same school.

Thanks.
The logical thing to do is to change to a school in a different location. This might seem a 'blind' recommendation since we don't even know what your previous transcripts look like. You may need to share them with us for a more appropriate input.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 6:36am On Oct 25, 2018
Laparo:
Have you been denied previously?
When was that, if YES is your answer?

I do not believe that March 20 is your earliest appointment date. You must be doing something differently.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 6:41am On Oct 25, 2018
nobleroyal:

Why wait till November before booking? What you don't realise is that while you're foot dragging, others are busy picking the available slots and then tomorrow you'll come here screaming "the earliest date I saw is January 2020"
Act prudently!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 7:23am On Oct 25, 2018
Laparo:
keep checking,u will eventually see a date
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Audt: 8:03am On Oct 25, 2018
BarristerAlarig:

How can I write you privately

It makes more sense if you get your bachelor's here. Try noun... Getting a visa at your age would be difficult but not impossible. Why are you just going for a bachelor's degree?What have you been doing all these while? How would it improve your career prospect?? If I was a VO, I would denial you. You profile looks like everything but one who is a genuine student. But alas, I am not a VO grin grin grin.Don't mention coming back home to take over a bakery. It isn't a multinational and it has little prospects. These VO's have sense.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 8:08am On Oct 25, 2018
Good day all,
I have a lil issue as regards interview. I was delayed at the Abuja embassy some days ago but I got the admission defered to spring. I got a GTA that covered the whole cost of tuition before the last interview but the GTA is no longer available for the spring semester.
As a result I have to go with a very robust legit account statement. The one I went with initially was legit and had 13Mill in it. Now my dilemma is, will changing the name of sponsor on the DS160 raise red flags by the VO.?
Pls advice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Laparo: 8:22am On Oct 25, 2018
[Yquote author=100kobo post=72389114]

I do not believe that March 20 is your earliest appointment date. You must be doing something differently.[/quote]

Yes have been denied before that's 3 years ago
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 8:35am On Oct 25, 2018
Laparo:
[Yquote author=100kobo post=72389114]

I do not believe that March 20 is your earliest appointment date. You must be doing something differently.

Yes have been denied before that's 3 years ago
You are qualified to book as "Regular". The earliest available date for you cannot be March 20, but in the November neighbourhood.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Laparo: 9:02am On Oct 25, 2018
I was surprise too...Pls what is the way out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Laparo: 9:13am On Oct 25, 2018
Way out place

Adhheir:

I just checked and the earliest date rn is December 4. And as at yesterday earliest appointment date was today Oct 25...how did you skip all this dates and made your way to march?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jpoppins(f): 9:58am On Oct 25, 2018
100kobo:

Book as "Regular" and NOT as "Previously Denied"
thank you for responding! Sorry , please do you mean I’ve qualified for the 2 months rule or I need to wait till November to book ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:28am On Oct 25, 2018
Jpoppins:
thank you for responding! Sorry , please do you mean I’ve qualified for the 2 months rule or I need to wait till November to book ?

It is easy math calculation na... if you went on August 9 means 2 months later is October 10 .............. meaning if you book after any date from October 10th then you are not under the 2 month rule

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 10:41am On Oct 25, 2018
100kobo:

Why wait till November before booking? What you don't realise is that while you're foot dragging, others are busy picking the available slots and then tomorrow you'll come here screaming "the earliest date I saw is January 2020"
Act prudently!

Proactively you mean right? grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by wasiudvd(m): 11:10am On Oct 25, 2018
Dear Nairlanders,
I am expecting my i-20 form to arrive next week, do I really need it to arrive before I can pay for SEVIS and apply for VISA?
I am asking this because resumption is January, can I still get appointment before then I apply after getting my i-20?
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LadyCaty(f): 11:38am On Oct 25, 2018
wasiudvd:
Dear Nairlanders,
I am expecting my i-20 form to arrive next week, do I really need it to arrive before I can pay for SEVIS and apply for VISA?
I am asking this because resumption is January, can I still get appointment before then I apply after getting my i-20?
Thanks.
Please wait till you get your i20..

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jpoppins(f): 11:48am On Oct 25, 2018
Thank you guys! I got a date in December

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Arinze4u2018: 12:06pm On Oct 25, 2018
please do i need to pay for sevis fee before going for my visa appointment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by meemich234(m): 12:20pm On Oct 25, 2018
Arinze4u2018:
please do i need to pay for sevis fee before going for my visa appointment

Yes you do.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by m4sure: 12:35pm On Oct 25, 2018
Good afternoon everyone...i will appreciate it if anyone can tell me how many days/months does it take WAEC to verify the mail sent to them from WES? Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LadyCaty(f): 1:11pm On Oct 25, 2018
Jpoppins:
Thank you guys! I got a date in December

What was the earliest date you saw as regular.. Lagos right?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Dwebsites1(m): 1:31pm On Oct 25, 2018
Jpoppins:
Hi guys , please I need help. I was denied August 9th at the Lagos Embassy. I’m trying to book for another appointment since I deferred my admission to spring, I’ve been checking the appointment portal first date of appointment I saw was Jan 2nd 2019, this evening it changed to 3rd . My resumption is Jan 8th , I’m confused I don’t know what to do . Please help guys
very simple! same thing happened to me. I just booked Abuja 27th of November still dey. no waste time o. November 1st dey Abuja yesterday I missed it. No long thing otherwise u will see appointment of February 14 lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jpoppins(f): 2:06pm On Oct 25, 2018
LadyCaty:

What was the earliest date you saw as regular.. Lagos right?
Dec 4

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.