Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (794323 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ayo199(m): 8:01pm On May 26, 2019
Brown2Green:

You can claim to have a relative and get a nod as far as the relative is in status. Else there will be issues.
I saw a transcript of a girl that was denied 4 times because she filled her sister's details on the DS 160 who happened to be in OPT (she had not returned to Nigeria after her grad school.)

They might ask how the person acquired citizenship if the person is a citizen.
In essence, you MUST have substantial details about the person and the VO can pull the person's details from the database, just so you know.

What do you mean by minimum amount?
What is your deficit? That's what the VO works with.
The closing balance of the statement of account must not be less than your deficit
Thanks bro..what do you mean by deficit?
are saying no law says your sponsor must be from nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 8:07pm On May 26, 2019
bracelum:

A number 1 ranked school does not mean they are the best in all fields. In the US, there are liberal arts universities, engineering universities and natural science universities. Liberal arts universities have the best social science programs but not as good science/engineering programs. Same applies to every other university in every bracket.

There is no US university that is the best on all three fronts. Each university chooses to focus where their strength lies

So, I don't see an issue with Harvard having strong liberal arts programs and still being among the top 25 engineering schools. It doesn't still stop them from being the best university in the US (alongside Stanford). You can never be a master of everything. Again, top 25 in the US is still very good for a university that doesn't focus much on engineering as they do in other areas.

Despite that, the engineering school at Harvard still attracts better talent than most of the engineering schools ranked between 10th and 20th. In fact, there are some graduate programs at Harvard Engineering with average GRE scores around 330 (this data is not on their website but from my own research).

The fact that you're an engineering student doesn't mean you know engineering programs in the US better than me. I do my research and I don't talk trash.

Master of all programs. Clap for yourself grin

Is Harvard offering all the core engineering programs for both MSc and PhD? Must you talk trash always?

Engineering is not for Harvard and it's obvious. You have even answered yourself

16 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 26, 2019
Time2win:

Master of all programs. Clap for yourself grin

Is Harvard offering all the core engineering programs for both MSc and PhD? Must you talk trash always?

Engineering is not for Harvard and it's obvious. You have even answered yourself

Hahahaha, it feels good to be the master of all programs you know cool cool cool

Must they offer all the engineering programs for them to be a good engineering school? Hahahaha, I laugh at the way you think.

While engineering may not be their strongest point, Harvard is still an elite engineering school . Take it or leave it

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 8:39pm On May 26, 2019
Ayo199:

Thanks bro..what do you mean by deficit?
are saying no law says your sponsor must be from nigeria
Sponsor can be from anywhere
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MyAmericandream(f): 8:43pm On May 26, 2019
Ifesinachi22:

I was thinking they will not accept it.
I didn't do well. I had a Pass.

How do i go about this?
What are the first steps i take?
did you have pass in both ND and HND?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by NewAjala(m): 9:14pm On May 26, 2019
Anodyne:
Expert in the house please help me out with this. Thanks!

Why Ms chemistry?
It has challenging to get noticed in the labour market with an undergraduate degree, most employers in Nigeria finds an advance degree extremely attractive and appealing. MS chemistry will open so many doors of unlimited opportunities in eclectic fields like FMCG(Do I need to be specific?) govermental agencies,forensic, health and research institute when i arrive in the country. The MSC chemistry will also equipe me with the scientific and experimental skills to function confidently as a quality control analyst in other to help eliminate outmoded products that has flooded the country. (will give the VO an anecdote on a particular product I consumed that almost disfigured lips and also how my pop consumed a fruit juice that got his digestive system disorganized)
Finally, with this degree i will also get to revive my small scale manufacturing business that has been on hold.(before I started I was into production of disinfectant, soaps&detergent, and hair cream)

So what are your plans after you've gotten this degree?

I have a very few different path that I'm considering, but first I will work for some couple of years. Perhaps, 3-4years to familiarize myself with the industry and gain enough experience so that I can contribute positively towards improving human health, environment and industry in my country. Then continue my small scale processing company,and eventually expand it in the nearest future. That was how dangote & co started.

Mind we connect? I'm prospective too with same course of intent.

About your question, what is your research area of interest? I think you should talk more about that and tailor it with your goals.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 9:37pm On May 26, 2019
bracelum:

A number 1 ranked school does not mean they are the best in all fields. In the US, there are liberal arts universities, engineering universities and natural science universities. Liberal arts universities have the best social science programs but not as good science/engineering programs. Same applies to every other university in every bracket.

There is no US university that is the best on all three fronts. Each university chooses to focus where their strength lies

So, I don't see an issue with Harvard having strong liberal arts programs and still being among the top 25 engineering schools. It doesn't still stop them from being the best university in the US (alongside Stanford). You can never be a master of everything. Again, top 25 in the US is still very good for a university that doesn't focus much on engineering as they do in other areas.

Again, there are some companies that recruit oncampus from Harvard's Engineering school that do not recruit at some of the schools ranked higher. Harvard is Harvard - the brand is always there!

Despite that, the engineering school at Harvard still attracts better talent than most of the engineering schools ranked between 10th and 20th. In fact, there are some graduate programs at Harvard Engineering with average GRE scores around 330 (this data is not on their website but from my own research). A lot of schools ranked higher cannot boast of this statistics

The fact that you're an engineering student doesn't mean you know engineering programs in the US better than me. I do my research and I don't talk trash.
You're too proud and never accepting facts
Everyone that doesn't agree with you is always talking thrash

Essentially, you're saying that Harvard, ranked number 21 in Engineering is better than CALTECH regards number 5.

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 9:46pm On May 26, 2019
Olalekank:

Essentially, you're saying that Harvard, ranked number 21 in Engineering is better than CALTECH regards number 5.

he is Jack of all trade, master of all. I tuale for him grin cheesy grin cheesy

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 26, 2019
Olalekank:

BOLD 1:

If being proud means giving informed analyses and shutting down erroneous assertions, then yes, I'm very proud.

BOLD 2:
If this is what you can infer from my comment, then I don't need to elaborate further. Just ignore everything because even if I explain till tomorrow, you either will not understand or you will choose not to understand.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 10:06pm On May 26, 2019
bracelum:

BOLD 1:

If being proud means giving informed analyses and shutting down erroneous assertions, then yes, I'm very proud.

BOLD 2:
If this is what you can infer from my comment, then I don't need to elaborate further. Just ignore everything because even if I explain till tomorrow, you either will not understand or you will choose not to understand.
Ok

12 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TIGER1001: 10:45pm On May 26, 2019
I got a TA/GA support and my graduate coordinator said unfortunately they cannot offer tuition waiver for graduate students rather i will receive monthly paycheck. house please what are your thoughts on this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:49pm On May 26, 2019
TIGER1001:
I got a TA/GA support and my graduate coordinator said unfortunately they cannot offer tuition waiver for graduate students rather i will receive monthly paycheck. house please what are your thoughts on this?

Does the monthly paycheck cover the tuition ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omohakin: 10:49pm On May 26, 2019
Please house.
Any recommendation for a pocket friendly hotel close to the US Embassy, Abuja.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TIGER1001: 10:59pm On May 26, 2019
yes and if so will it be subtracted for the cost of attendance?
LagosismyHome:

Does the monthly paycheck cover the tuition ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by NewAjala(m): 11:06pm On May 26, 2019
omohakin:
Please house.
Any recommendation for a pocket friendly hotel close to the US Embassy, Abuja.
Thanks.

I think one was given before... Two or three page back you'll find it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omohakin: 11:42pm On May 26, 2019
That is for Lagos not Abuja

I think one was given before... Two or three page back you'll find it[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Yemi256: 1:00am On May 27, 2019
Pls, I need to pay for my SEVIS fee, how do I do it ASAP? Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ifesinachi22(m): 1:31am On May 27, 2019
MyAmericandream:
did you have pass in both ND and HND?

It was a straight four years.
I studied Dental Therapy.

We don't do it halfway OND and HND.

I actually want to do it afresh, but am afraid if i get admitted, the VO might ask why am studying it again?

Why not a Different Department.

I really need someone to help.

I've written to not less than 10 schools tonight, am still waiting for their response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnolukolade(m): 1:46am On May 27, 2019
Ifesinachi22:

It was a straight four years.
I studied Dental Therapy.

We don't do it halfway OND and HND.

I actually want to do it afresh, but am afraid if i get admitted, the VO might ask why am studying it again?

Why not a Different Department.

I really need someone to help.

I've written to not less than 10 schools tonight, am still waiting for their response.

Send me a PM. Let me see how you compose the mails you're sending to schools. What graduate program do you want to apply for? I'm specializing on health programs too, I should be able to help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 4:32am On May 27, 2019
hwfwl:
I have observed something on this thread just like every social medium online, and this is the urge to argue.
Especially because it is a faceless forum, the urge to hurl insults increases, a shameful tendency indeed.

A lot of persons here who find it easy to subtly insult others and aggressively shut them down while neglecting the basic rules of faceless discussions which is to tackle the issue at hand objectively do not and cannot do the same thing if they were to see these persons in real life, and this is simply because it immediately becomes unnecessary and this person might either be bigger than you, older than you or you just find out they are not in your social bracket to have discussions with, talkless of throwing insultive and derogatory remarks at them. Ask yourself; do I talk this recklessly at work? with colleagues? Getting aggressive and bitter at every difference in opinions?

For all nairalanders who comment regularly and are determined to help others with the best information possible, you must know this, the secret to effective communication is to be assertive, presenting proofs when need be and also letting others know when a particular statement is your opinion and not necessarily a rule or fact. And I know this is what most of you do but with one very important quality lacking in your conversations and this is the ability to ignore distractions. Noises and baits that comes regularly from those that will distract you from offering your advices to those that needs them really and urgently.

In less than two lines you can detect one whose aim is just to argue and call for attention rather than tackling an issue that's important, and to those persons why can't you just ignore them? Do you think you can change the mind of a person who lives on the strengthening of his/her ego and attention gotten from arguments on a platform such as this? Even if you can, is this the right place for that?

By all means just ignore, focus especially on the person who has asked a question and answer them to your best knowledge and then ignore the rest. Once it is not an objective question or a call for clarifications of what you have said , then ignore. This takes the power out of the tempter and his or her calls for attention.

This is the cultivation of detachment, patience and non resistance.

Be focused, identify the major reasons for this forum and once an argument derails from these, especially when it is useless and leads nowhere just stop. Don't be too much attached to your own opinions and then feel obliged to defend it anytime someone else attacks the opinion, your opinion is not you.

Let him continue to struggle with the opinions, even if you are wrong no need to defend yourself, just watch as ego rules the lives of many. A lot are looking for people to fight, argue with and oppose, you don't have to nominate yourself for his or her cause. Those people are also easily recognisable either through their constant seeking for attention, talking without really offering a solution to the question at hand or the use of insultive words when passing information or opinions and this is done as soon as they find a target/victim of their egoic pursuits.

Read my questions
Consider my specific case
Ask me for clarifications of certain points
Answer me to the best of your knowledge
Give me the supporting facts if required
And the relevant opinions from your rich experience
Answer further questions and clarifications of your points
Ignore the pig!
Ignore the pig!
Learn to ignore the pig !!

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.
George Bernard Shaw

Baba, Three cartons of Origin and Alomo bitters for your head this children's plus Memorial day. On point, Ur head is there

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 4:51am On May 27, 2019
TIGER1001:
How many hours per week? I think you should liaise with the international office so they tell you the value of the TA and deficit left.

It still means you will have to show SOA to cover the deficits .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by denniece1(m): 5:19am On May 27, 2019
Yemi256:
Pls, I need to pay for my SEVIS fee, how do I do it ASAP? Thanks
Contact walspring via pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TIGER1001: 7:28am On May 27, 2019
it's 20 hours a week . she said TA in a lab is 3 hours once a week since TA have actual contact hours and TA pays more than GA. is it that i will work the remaining 17 hours as a GA under my thesis supervisor, since a got TA and GA role?
Brown2Green:

How many hours per week? I think you should liaise with the international office so they tell you the value of the TA and deficit left.

It still means you will have to show SOA to cover the deficits .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pradoworld: 7:47am On May 27, 2019
You seem to be confusing who a GA (Graduate Assistant) is.
You can be a TA (Teaching Assistant), RA (Research Assistant) or AA (Administrative Assistant). They are all forms of GAs.

I'm not sure you can get any combination of the 3. If you have a GA with deficiet, you show a SOA, to cover the remainder of your COA.
TIGER1001:
it's 20 hours a week . she said TA in a lab is 3 hours once a week since TA have actual contact hours and TA pays more than GA. is it that i will work the remaining 17 hours as a GA under my thesis supervisor, since a got TA and GA role?

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Anodyne(f): 7:52am On May 27, 2019
NewAjala:

Mind we connect? I'm prospective too with same course of intent.

About your question, what is your research area of interest? I think you should talk more about that and tailor it with your goals.
Make we connect now drop your mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Anodyne(f): 7:56am On May 27, 2019
Expert in the house please help me out with this. Thanks!

Why Ms chemistry?
It is challenging to get noticed in the labour market with an undergraduate degree, most employers in Nigeria finds an advance degree extremely attractive and appealing. MS chemistry will open so many doors of unlimited opportunities in eclectic fields like FMCG(Do I need to be specific?) govermental agencies,forensic, health and research institute when i arrive in the country. The MSC chemistry will also equipe me with the scientific and experimental skills to function confidently as a quality control analyst in other to help eliminate outmoded products that has flooded the country. (will give the VO an anecdote on a particular product I consumed that almost disfigured lips and also how my pop consumed a fruit juice that got his digestive system disorganized)
Finally, with this degree i will also get to revive my small scale manufacturing business that has been on hold.(before I started I was into production of disinfectant, soaps&detergent, and hair cream)

So what are your plans after you've gotten this degree?

I have a very few different path that I'm considering, but first I will work for some couple of years. Perhaps, 3-4years to familiarize myself with the industry and gain enough experience so that I can contribute positively towards improving human health, environment and industry in my country. Then continue my small scale processing company,and eventually expand it in the nearest future. That was how dangote & co started.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by NewAjala(m): 8:04am On May 27, 2019
Anodyne:
Make we connect now drop your mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TIGER1001: 8:07am On May 27, 2019
okay thanks
pradoworld:
You seem to be confusing who a GA (Graduate Assistant) is.
You can be a TA (Teaching Assistant), RA (Research Assistant) or AA (Administrative Assistant). They are all forms of GAs.

I'm not sure you can get any combination of the 3. If you have a GA with deficiet, you show a SOA, to cover the remainder of your COA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:26am On May 27, 2019
TIGER1001:

Do you have an offer letter for this assistantship? These your questions should be explained in it. You'd also have to upload it when requesting for the I-20, to enable the international office compute your cost of attendance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 8:27am On May 27, 2019
TIGER1001:

It means you will not be able to take another employment as you will exhaust all the hours given to students per week.
Yes you'll be functioning as a TA and GA.
If you have other options you might want to consider it before accepting this offer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 8:28am On May 27, 2019
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 8:30am On May 27, 2019
yuscodguy:

Baba which state you dey, let's connect

PM'd ya

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.