Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,933 members, 7,814,167 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (794394 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:49am On May 27, 2019
Anodyne:
Expert in the house please help me out with this. Thanks!

Why Ms chemistry?
So what are your plans after you've gotten this degree?

Make out time and read through part 13 of this thread (Check from June to July). There are Visa transcripts of MS Chemistry students there to help you rephrase these answers.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Yemi256: 9:57am On May 27, 2019
denniece1:

Contact walspring via pm.

Thank you, I have done that, but no reply yet
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Yemi256: 10:03am On May 27, 2019
Otunoba001:
Good afternoon walspring, I just received i-20 and I want to pay for Sevis pls kindly assist .

Has he assisted you in doing this? Walspring we need your help oooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by snip09: 10:31am On May 27, 2019
Yemi256:

Has he assisted you in doing this? Walspring we need your help oooo
contact @texrem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Yemi256: 10:50am On May 27, 2019
snip09:

contact @texrem
Texrem, pls check ur inbox. I jst inbox u. Pls do get in touch. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Tecord1(m): 11:42am On May 27, 2019
Good morning everyone. I applied to a school that don't require GRE and other specialize test in the US. Since i have not written any. Will this have any negative implication during interview at the embassy?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 11:53am On May 27, 2019
Nobody can say, actually. If the exams were waived, state the reason during your interview. Consider that your overall response to the interview questions determine the outcome. So, I'd advice you prepare strong and unique answers. It should go well! I wish you the best!
Tecord1:
Good morning everyone. I applied to a school that don't require GRE and other specialize test in the US. Since i have not written any. Will this have any negative implication during interview at the embassy?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Tecord1(m): 12:33pm On May 27, 2019
fairheart:
Nobody can say, actually. If the exams were waived, state the reason during your interview. Consider that your overall response to the interview questions determine the outcome. So, I'd advice you prepare strong and unique answers. It should go well! I wish you the best!

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sconp: 1:14pm On May 27, 2019
Brown2Green:

Wait!

The VO actually told you to Shut Up?

I was shocked too when I read it, multiple shut ups and bossy, harsh, loud, angry and authoritative attitude. Boy! I'd tell the VO politely that she messed up o.

AgreatMan:

Actually, there are different ways to say "shut up." Besides that, there is cultural difference. Telling a foreigner to shut up and telling a Nigerian to shut will generate two very different reactions.

On top of it, I read the transcript, it seems he deserved the shut ups. There was some "shut up," there was also some "listen to me."

But it all doesn't matter now, baba don collect Visa.

Na wa o, shut ups harshly told are deserved in an interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 1:18pm On May 27, 2019
sconp:

I was shocked too when I read it, multiple shut ups and bossy, harsh, loud, angry and authoritative attitude. Boy! I'd tell the VO politely that she messed up o.

Tell the V.O, hahaha grin cheesy you are very funny. Don't just say what you can't do in public

Are you there to collect your visa or correct the V.O?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sconp: 1:19pm On May 27, 2019
fairheart:
You probably have never been at the top rung of the corperate world! You probably have not been under a choleric Boss. You probably don't know the corperate world leadership circle sometimes employ harsh rhetoric and tactic to get in to people's head to get the job done and deliver expected result! Yet, men of calmness climb the rung and reach the top!

If you don't want to accept some sort of embarrassment, insults, or arrogance--in the process of pursuing and attaining your dreams--you cannot attain those dreams and be successful. Do you know the VO would have been more enraged and then issue refusal if the student had reacted negatively or said something awful in return to the "shut up"? But he was calm and took the "shut up" as though, "well, I have been told something more bad before now. It is fine!" This is what it means to be psychologically calm in the midst of a system that is set up to catch visa applicant with intention to migrate to the US!

Life is not about what we deserve, for if we did not create ourselves, we deserve nothing! Life is about what we want and what you want to give, and your attitude to the challenges you'll face in getting and giving those things.

I think it's banks that majorly do this, there's a difference between being blunt, giving corrections, being harsh and actually insulting a person in a corporate environment. Insults can get you fired in a corporate environment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sconp: 1:41pm On May 27, 2019
Time2win:

Tell the V.O, hahaha grin cheesy you are very funny. Don't just say what you can't do in public

Are you there to collect your visa or correct the V.O?

I can, especially with the description she gave of the lady (young and mid twenties), if na one baba now I fit lock up.

Look at it this way, with the way interview was going, the poster was already expecting a blue paper. So what else was there to lose?

BTW, when I mean I'll correct the VO it doesn't have to be aggressively. It wasn't just about the shut up but the whole attitude. Different strokes for different folks

Congrats to the poster though
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 1:50pm On May 27, 2019
sconp:

I can, especially with the description she gave of the lady (young and mid twenties), if na one baba now I fit lock up.

Look at it this way, with the way interview was going, the poster was already expecting a blue paper. So what else was there to lose?

BTW, when I mean I'll correct the VO it doesn't have to be aggressively. It wasn't just about the shut up but the whole attitude. Different strokes for different folks

Unless you are willing to lose the visa for the correction you are about to give her. The poster was just calm all the shut up, the V.O felt she did bad and in other to compensate her wrong, she approved him. That's if she truly said shut up as the poster said.

For the sake of visa, best is to swallow the insult as far as you get what you want.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sconp: 1:56pm On May 27, 2019
Time2win:

Unless you are willing to lose the visa for the correction you are about to give her. The poster was just calm all the shut up, the V.O felt she did bad and in other to compensate her wrong, she approved him. That's if she truly said shut up as the poster said.

For the sake of visa, best is to swallow the insult as far as you get what you want.

Different strokes for different folks... wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Davidkking(m): 1:56pm On May 27, 2019
Guys abeg can I use a SOA from 2 months ago to go to the embassy?.......NB: the balance is still intact
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 2:25pm On May 27, 2019
Davidkking:
Guys abeg can I use a SOA from 2 months ago to go to the embassy?.......NB: the balance is still intact

Best is to print a fresh one. Some V.O may accept it, some may not.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 2:43pm On May 27, 2019
If you assess my comment very well, you'll not see where I dispute any of what guys are bringing up as to what can be said in certain places or not. People get fired for saying things they shouldn't say or that the vision and principles of organizations are against. Nobody dispute that there are consequences for such behavior.
The essence of my comment was not seen or assessed, which is in the second paragraph. I was saying that life is not about what we deserve, and that we could be embarrassed, hurt, experience pain and difficulties "we" believe we don't deserve in the pursuit of our dreams and goals. Are we going to blow up simply because the person who said it and what is said shouldn't be in a corporate circle? Who hasn't experience one or all of these things? We have seen many F1 applicants on this thread who did all their best yet did not get the visa, and we have seen students who were not impressive during the interview got approvals. People who are worth being cared for get abandoned; a woman who's worth being cherished can be abused; things can go wrong even when we don't deserve them. Failure happens! But what is our attitude and reaction to these things? It's not what is said to the guy that matters to me, but his positive reaction.

The applicant negative reaction to "shut up" (supposed he said something awful in return to the VO) could have cost him the F1 visa. Corporate world or not, people say things they shouldn't say, and they will continue to say it. A good example is President Trump! History tells us how different he's. But what is people's reaction to these? He called Joe Biden sleepy and sluggish, retarded, etc. Did Joe react negatively? Our attitude and reactions to what is said to us is what I was hammering on, not whether it's allowed or disapproved in corporate organizations.

sconp:

I think it's banks that majorly do this, there's a difference between being blunt, giving corrections, being harsh and actually insulting a person in a corporate environment. Insults can get you fired in a corporate environment.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 2:58pm On May 27, 2019
Perfect summary smiley. Thank you!
Time2win:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Timi1990(m): 4:02pm On May 27, 2019

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ekunsgreat: 4:19pm On May 27, 2019
Alfarrouk:
i have been denied visa once and had to defer my admission. I am now reapplying, if asked by the VO, how many schools I applied to, do i respond with the number of schools i applied to the first i was denied or i can simply say just the one i had to defer my admission for?

thank You
so bro please when you deferred your admission ,did you return your 120 form to the school for new one and also did you pay for another 30k for admission fee?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AgreatMan: 4:20pm On May 27, 2019
sconp:

Na wa o, shut ups harshly told are deserved in an interview?

The guy didn't say the shut ups were harsh as far as I can remember. There r different types of shut-ups n some shut-ups or even F-You are not harsh at all.

Besides, a lot of our mentalities holds no water outside. This person must greet me first. How can that teenager tell me to calm down. How can my junior tell me to shut up? Na high BP e dey cause.

Why do I feel the VO was looking at the guy n saying "this dude is not bad to take hold body o." grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AgreatMan: 4:24pm On May 27, 2019
sconp:

No need to lock up, u can treat an old baba the same way you will treat an erring young girl. But at d right time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AgreatMan: 4:39pm On May 27, 2019
Anodyne:
Expert in the house please help me out with this. Thanks!

Why Ms chemistry?
It has challenging to get noticed in the labour market with an undergraduate degree, most employers in Nigeria finds an advance degree extremely attractive and appealing. MS chemistry will open so many doors of unlimited opportunities in eclectic fields like FMCG(Do I need to be specific?) govermental agencies,forensic, health and research institute when i arrive in the country. The MSC chemistry will also equipe me with the scientific and experimental skills to function confidently as a quality control analyst in other to help eliminate outmoded products that has flooded the country. (will give the VO an anecdote on a particular product I consumed that almost disfigured lips and also how my pop consumed a fruit juice that got his digestive system disorganized)
Finally, with this degree i will also get to revive my small scale manufacturing business that has been on hold.(before I started I was into production of disinfectant, soaps&detergent, and hair cream)

So what are your plans after you've gotten this degree?

I have a very few different path that I'm considering, but first I will work for some couple of years. Perhaps, 3-4years to familiarize myself with the industry and gain enough experience so that I can contribute positively towards improving human health, environment and industry in my country. Then continue my small scale processing company,and eventually expand it in the nearest future. That was how dangote & co started.

Walaitalai, I think the VO will cut u off. U r drifting into stories that has little to do with the question.

The second bolded looks really promising n personal, as long as you don't duel too much on the story n quickly link it to d quality control part.

Be careful with this one. It could also be interpreted as I started producing soaps and disinfectants, business was not moving n I decided to dust my kpali n apply for MSc.

but this chemistry people and Assistantships...Chai, there is God oooo.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ogieforum(m): 5:02pm On May 27, 2019
Stanmedix:

I am already admitted. Interview next month. Will be happy to get all necessary information both for the interview and live at ETSU. Thanks

I have been admitted too.
I am in the process of applying foi I120 form
Please lets hook up.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by shogunley: 5:21pm On May 27, 2019
What if the SOA is just a month, can it be presented

Best is to print a fresh one. Some V.O may accept it, some may not.[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by shogunley: 5:24pm On May 27, 2019
What if the SOA is just a month, can it be presented?

Time2win:

Best is to print a fresh one. Some V.O may accept it, some may not.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 5:52pm On May 27, 2019
If you have a masters in biological sciences and seeking schools for a research based Phd, you can check out Case Western Reserve university. This school partners with Cleveland clinic (among the best 5 hospitals in the US), for cutting edge researches in cardiovascular disease, cancer etc. It's a private school and very expensive so don't go near if you are not funded

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 5:54pm On May 27, 2019
shogunley:
What if the SOA is just a month, can it be presented?

Printed a month ago or what?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by shogunley: 6:04pm On May 27, 2019
Yes, printed a month ago
Time2win:

Printed a month ago or what?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 6:30pm On May 27, 2019
shogunley:
Yes, printed a month ago

If it's just a month to your interview date, you can use it but i always advise people to go with a very recent copy

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jossywayne(m): 6:39pm On May 27, 2019
Part 14 will soon be closed and part 15 will be open soon. Waiting to hear more visa approval on part 15. God bless y’all wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.