Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,389 members, 7,822,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... (8367 Views)

Felt Like Crying, Hook Up Babe Wai Guy Order Come With Her Child / I Felt Cheated By My Girl / Let Us Talk About Suicide. Have You Ever Felt Like Taking Your Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by byemx06(m): 8:15pm On Aug 13, 2018
[quote author=kfrosh post=70227884]If you watch the movie non-judgementally with an open mind, both of them are to blame but the lady has the most blame. The man ignored little things he should have been doing while in the relationship. He was a bit selfish, he shouldn't have ignored little things he could have done to make the wife happy while broke.
There's both short term dream and long term dream. While working on his batteries, he could have support his home with some side jobs too, his own only worries was his batteries and batteries alone leaving all burden on the wife working two,three jobs.
He could have also showered more love to his wife while at it. So many things to learn from the movies.
The film also tells us that being a good man or good woman doesn't mean you'll reap the dividends of being good. [/quote...
best analysis so far
Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by enemmo(f): 8:53pm On Aug 13, 2018
JohnnyPalmer:
Those saying the man has no blame.... Are only seeing from one side

The major fault isn't even highlighted

It wasn't about the money for cookie

It was about him

He went ahead and did all the things he promised cookie to the other lady

That was why she was mad

Same building
Same yacht name
Wedding gown

He could have done something else..... It was what got her to that stage of irreversibility.... Some might say it's nothing... But with what she's been thru

She had her faults too.... But no one or very few would have put up with him all these years.... That guy was a loser.... He was a con artist

And in real life... It doesn't work that way... Been applying for same thing.. Same company for about 30 years.... Who does that.... While you just useless doing nothing else to support a woman working her ass off

She had every right to be mad

He went ahead... Married same gal that was the cause of her losing her womb... And giving her the same life he promised her.... It was the perfect finale... They both dead... Even the other lady should be dead.

To add to it... What killed her pass.... He was gonna have a baby
Mehn, he doesn't deserve to get off like that in cookie's books

She divorced him year.... But the dude did not even blink when he made it... Engaged the other lady.... That was just there for him for a minute

The lady targeted him... Dropping her wallet was to destroy his home.... She watched their videos
She wants that... And she was in a position to have that... She's the real mvp in the movie... She's alive... Now a widow... She gets to inherit it all

Lol

The guy is a narcissist. He loves himself and his dreams first, every other thing follows.
He already had a perfect picture of how his future would look, all he had to do was to insert a variable which is any available woman. Couldn't do menial jobs to pay his student loan. Imagine.

4 Likes

Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by babyfaceafrica: 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2018
carammel:
Tyler Perry and his bias movies, he is always about favoring the men and painting the women in bad light.
you don't know Perry.. so you use one film to judge his works..abeg go sleep

2 Likes

Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by iLegendd(m): 10:22pm On Aug 13, 2018
What is wrong with me? Despite how people talk about a movie, it never moves me. I hate movies, but will start watching when I become a billionaire. It won't be long. lipsrsealed
Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by iamJ(m): 10:48pm On Aug 13, 2018
Bitsy:

I'm with Cookie on this, when she said to him on the yatch that He didn't fight for her.
fight for her how? U girls like using this line when you regret your choices, how should he fight? She has anger issues, he should be begging her while she stabs him abi?

The guys fault was he didn't work and I can't blame him, dream can really swallow your life and destroy everyone around you, Albert Einstein did it to his first wife, so no be news that a man focused on achieving his goal will be like that, the girl is an ungrateful fool, she wanted her 1mil back he gave her 10mil plus the house and she started faking love, after fucking som1 else while the guy remained single, after mocking him that he washes dishes, after telling him that he went to rent a suit, after saying that she was never going back to him

Yet he didn't fight for her, no provoke me angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by iamJ(m): 10:51pm On Aug 13, 2018
iLegendd:
What is wrong with me? Despite how people talk about a movie, it never moves me. I hate movies, but will start watching when I become a billionaire. It won't be long. lipsrsealed
even the God you serve is laughing billonaire fire, with those your under obalende bridge books

Bloody joker, abeg hold this L tight

Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 13, 2018
megareal:
The critics spoiled it for me. After their terrible reviews, I just don't feel like watching the movie at all.
Stay away from reviews ....Na spoilers full am.. op next time put spoiler alert Biko...make person sue you to court ...lwkmd
Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by fcnaxo: 12:13am On Aug 14, 2018
Shugavee:
I totally agree with you,,, I hv watched that movie more than twice trying to look for how to fault him but really tho the man is better than so many men out there,,, the woman lost with the work of her hands,,, cause other than cheating ones he did nothing else.. please I don’t wanna argue,,, if u don’t agree ,,, good! Move ahead
very true
Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by fcnaxo: 12:15am On Aug 14, 2018
iamJ:
fight for her how? U girls like using this line when you regret your choices, how should he fight? She has anger issues, he should be begging her while she stabs him abi?

The guys fault was he didn't work and I can't blame him, dream can really swallow your life and destroy everyone around you, Albert Einstein did it to his first wife, so no be news that a man focused on achieving his goal will be like that, the girl is an ungrateful fool, she wanted her 1mil back he gave her 10mil plus the house and she started faking love, after fucking som1 else while the guy remained single, after mocking him that he washes dishes, after telling him that he went to rent a suit, after saying that she was never going back to him

Yet he didn't fight for her, no provoke me angry
baba farabale loool
Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by carammel(f): 9:22am On Aug 14, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
you don't know Perry.. so you use one film to judge his works..abeg go sleep
No i don't know perry, also wrote "temptation:confession of a marriage counselor ". Mtchewwww,Oshisco.
Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by babyfaceafrica: 9:51am On Aug 14, 2018
carammel:

No i don't know perry, also wrote "temptation:confession of a marriage counselor ". Mtchewwww,Oshisco.
Pele...e pain am..
Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by iLegendd(m): 10:05am On Aug 14, 2018
iamJ:
even the God you serve is laughing billonaire fire, with those your under obalende bridge books

Bloody joker, abeg hold this L tight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wfYIMyS_dI
Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by Shugavee(f): 11:10am On Aug 14, 2018
realtalk19:

Robert had no fault.he was fair ok only that it took a long time to achieve his dream. What pained ' cookie ' was seeing her ex husband enjoying the luxuries with the lady he cheated on her with which made her react by slamming her car against his van and she lost her womb thru that. She could av walked away and moved on. She was a bitter,unforgiving and dangerously desperate.

That movie is dope
true thats what hurt her!!! I feel the beginning of her problems was when she tried killing her man cause he cheated!!! Maybe if she didn’t do that, just maybe, she wouldn’t hv lost her womb,, n Robert won’t hv to marry her out of pity. She made herself a money bank,, she was advised but never listened,, she wasn’t treating the man well either,,,is like the world wants Robert to stay in such a toxic relationship because she fit his bills,,, no one forced her,,, she got advice but refused to listen,, now he left after u divorced him n want him to run back to you!! She was mentally sick n refused help!!! But no!!! we should all blame Robert but not the lady !!!! Really?? She was aggressive n strong but very dumb!! Robert might not hv loved her, but he was willing to stay with her...
Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by realtalk19: 11:41am On Aug 14, 2018
Shugavee:
true thats what hurt her!!! I feel the beginning of her problems was when she tried killing her man cause he cheated!!! Maybe if she didn’t do that, just maybe, she wouldn’t hv lost her womb,, n Robert won’t hv to married her out of pity. She made herself a money bank,, she was advised but never listened,, she wasn’t treating the man well either,,,is like the world wants Robert to stay in such a toxic relationship because she fit his bills,,, no one forced her,,, she got advice but refused to listen,, now he left after u divorced him n want him to run back to you!! She was mentally sick n refused help!!! But no!!! we should all blame Robert but not the lady !!!! Really?? She was aggressive n strong but very dumb!! Robert might not hv loved her, but he was willing to stay with her...

Well said.
Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 14, 2018
Shugavee:
I totally agree with you,,, I hv watched that movie more than twice trying to look for how to fault him but really tho the man is better than so many men out there,,, the woman lost with the work of her hands,,, cause other than cheating ones he did nothing else.. please I don’t wanna argue,,, if u don’t agree ,,, good! Move ahead

Lovely profile pic, you're a genius

1 Like

Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by raphroye: 5:43am On Aug 15, 2018
LordsApostle:
My brother, u should see that movie, Tyler Perry killed it on this one... Your life isn't complete if u don't see that movie... It teaches a whole lot, especially to the female folks... The man "Roberts" is a very gold man with a lovely heart, he really had no blame on this one, and did everything a reasonable man in his shoes would have done... Lovely movie.
I disagree with you, he should've gotten a job to support his wife. He spent 18yrs of their marriage focusing only on his battery. Concerning his wife, her sisters never liked Robert, they were her problem
Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by LordsApostle: 6:16am On Aug 15, 2018
raphroye:

I disagree with you, he should've gotten a job to support his wife. He spent 18yrs of their marriage focusing only on his battery. Concerning his wife, her sisters never liked Robert, they were her problem
you have a point, I agree with u.
Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 15, 2018
Just saw the movie.. Can't help but love Tyler Perry more. Melinda was on the right track as the dream woman every struggling guy prays for but along the line her temperament got the best of her & was fuelled by her unintelligent sister who never liked Robert from day one.. She should have moved on as it was she (Melinda) who divorced him even when she knew he loved her with his soul. She fûcked up. Anyway 99% of women do the same all the time & then starts crying like "i was there for him when he had nothing, now he's made it he dumped me" when the truth of the matter is that u were there really but u weren't there when it mattered most.. In fact most ladies are dream killers.. They are never patient enough till the end, they can't endure pressure like men. And anyone saying he didn't fight for her needs their brain checked. How can u fight for someone who has given up on u totally.. He even tried to in court but she would have none of that (with her sisters help tho) The more u try to do that as a man the more u will be put down, then depression follows & if ur not strong enough u loose focus completely & die a fûcking wretch.. Women na wah sha.. Their matter too dey one kind.

2 Likes

Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by iamJ(m): 1:26pm On Aug 15, 2018
iLegendd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wfYIMyS_dI
Your mates are established, it's to sell plagiarised booked online and screen shot fake customer compliments that you know, you think you have time cheesy

1 Like

Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by Prognose: 1:29pm On Aug 15, 2018
LordsApostle:
After seeing that movie acrimony, the Tough me felt like crying; Iean I could relate with everything, and it teaches a very huge lesson to the female folks..
Obviously the man has No blame at all, he did all every reasonable man in his shoes would have done... The man really has No blame, he is a very good man. My kind of man...

-The Apostle..

I imagined you saying this in a tearful voice cheesy
Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by iamJ(m): 1:29pm On Aug 15, 2018
dairykidd:
Just saw the movie.. Can't help but love Tyler Perry more. Melinda was on the right track as the dream woman every struggling guy prays for but along the line her temperament got the best of her & was fuelled by her unintelligent sister who never liked Robert from day one.. She should have moved on as it was she (Melinda) who divorced him even when she knew he loved her with his soul. She fûcked up. Anyway 99% of women do the same all the time & then starts crying like "i was there for him when he had nothing, now he's made it he dumped me" when the truth of the matter is that u were there really but u weren't there when it mattered most.. In fact most ladies are dream killers.. They are never patient enough till the end, they can't endure pressure like men. And anyone saying he didn't fight for her needs their brain checked. How can u fight for someone who has given up on u totally.. He even tried to in court but she would have none of that (with her sisters help tho) The more u try to do that as a man the more u will be put down, then depression follows & if ur not strong enough u loose focus completely & die a fûcking wretch.. Women na wah sha.. Their matter too dey one kind.
gbam, women always act like they are doing men favours by being with us, imagine her sense of entitlement, acting like she owns him, if he remained poor will she have cared

2 Likes

Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 15, 2018
iamJ:
gbam, women always act like they are doing men favours by being with us, imagine her sense of entitlement, acting like she owns him, if he remained poor will she have cared

Meanwhile we are the ones doing them all the favours.. Its just the way it is
Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by iLegendd(m): 4:26pm On Aug 15, 2018
iamJ:
Your mates are established, it's to sell plagiarised booked online and screen shot fake customer compliments that you know, you think you have time cheesy
Nice. Below are some of the books. Here is our online shop to make purchase: www.shop.wetclef.com and here is our forum to ask relationship questions: www.wetclef.com

For those who want to learn how to chat with women, download our free ChatDicted 1.0 intro book here: www.wetclef.com/topic330.html

A try will change your mind. Thank you all.

Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by Shugavee(f): 8:59pm On Aug 15, 2018
dairykidd:
he never loved her please!! He used her!!! Even if I know she indeed made some mistakes,,, I won’t neglect that fact,,,, he never loved her,,, not even a tiny bit. He stayed with her cause he had no choice,,, when he had a choice he moved on to someone else with out looking back,, he returned the money cause that’s all he saw her as,,, (someone helping him financially and not a lover)

2 Likes

Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 15, 2018
Shugavee:
he never loved her please!! He used her!!! Even if I know she indeed made some mistakes
Why do u say that he never loved her? I believe he did love her & if u say he used her i can as well say she used him too by investing in his project in order to reap the long term rewards gonly to become mad, bitter & evil when she realised she was on the loosing end. She was the one who never loved him.. how can u want to destroy what u claim to love or to have loved with so much hate? Its a movie tho but it cuts a lot across real life.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by Shugavee(f): 9:13pm On Aug 15, 2018
dairykidd:

Why do u say that he never loved her? I believe he did love her & if u say he used her i can as well say she used him too by investing in his project in order to reap the long term rewards gonly to become mad, bitter & evil when she realised she was on the loosing end. She was the one who never loved him.. how can u want to destroy what u claim to love or to have loved with so much hate? Its a movie tho but it cuts a lot across real life.
lol people kill for love ,,, don’t even argue that!!! She was crazy n needed help !!! But she fucking loved him, 18 years of her life,,, feeding him,, he refused to get a little job, sitting home pursuing his project!!! Please no talk am abeg!!! Except no be the acrimony wey I watch!!! I believed the woman messed things for herself,,, but that doesn’t make Robert a saint

1 Like

Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 15, 2018
dairykidd:

Ask her these questions :if Robert didn't make it later, would she have wanted him back?

If she loved him as you claim, why did she tell him that they can never be together again when Robert went to give her the money?

Oh, she suddenly knew that she love him after she realized that Robert have made it.

Many ladies saying Melinda loved Robert and blah blah are doing so because of sentiments and emotions.

3 Likes

Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by Shugavee(f): 9:25pm On Aug 15, 2018
Hanseel1:

Ask her these questions :if Robert didn't make it later, would she have wanted him back?

If she loved him as you claim, why did she tell him that they can never be together again when Robert went to give her the money?

Oh, she suddenly knew that she love him after he realized that Robert have made it.

Many ladies saying Melinda loved Robert and blah blah are doing so because of sentiments and emotions.
lol ,, okay so why did she put up with his lazy ass for 18years? Will u feed n house someone u hate for 18 years?

1 Like

Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by Shugavee(f): 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2018
Hanseel1:

Oh, she suddenly knew that she love him after he realized that Robert have made it.

lol ,, okay so why did she put up with his lazy ass for 18years? Will u feed n house someone u hate for 18 years? Can u hv someone like that n bear for 18 years with out letting go at a point This is not sentiments but logical questions,,,
Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 15, 2018
Shugavee:
lol ,, okay so why did she put up with his lazy ass for 18years? Will u feed n house someone u hate for 18 years? Can u hv someone like that n bear for 18 years with out letting go at a point This is not sentiments but logical questions,,,

Just answer those questions first and I'll answer your's, okay?
Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by TheCongo2: 9:32pm On Aug 15, 2018
iLegendd:

There is nothing wrong with you.
It just means you aren't just anybody.
You are unique
No need to force yourself into what you are not.
Re: After Seeing "Acrimony" I Felt Like Crying... by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 15, 2018
Colourich:
Been so busy lately, but the way folks are hyping this movie, I will have to add it to my schedule.
who dash u busy. Local girl

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SA Shows Love To Newly-Married Lesbian Couple In Stunning Xhosa Attire (PIX) / See What I Discover In My Babe's Facebook (viewer Discretion Advised) / Naija Guys And Fruity Dicks, See All Types

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.