Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

"Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady (53690 Views)

What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? / Nigeria Lady Delivers Message To Everyone Planning To Move To America1 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Koolking(m): 9:31am On Aug 16, 2018
Pipedreams:

Which kain English be this one

By the way, there is nothing like 'kain'. It's 'kind'.

Try and pass your message in a simple 'English' as a graduate you are

1 Like

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 16, 2018
NothingDoMe:
I heard that there's free food in America.

there is as i heard.they offer free food to homeless ppl and very poor ppl over there. Heard is operated by churches and phillantropic groups. There was this jornalist working in nigeria's TELL magazine. The guy travelled to atlanta and visited one of those free food units.they call them soup kitchens. He said the chicken he ate in the soup kitchens was very tasty and the food well servedcheesy. Thats food for poor ppl oocheesy.

1 Like

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by CanadianEnginee(m): 9:33am On Aug 16, 2018
flyca:
In a way, I agree.

Home is sweet when it feels like home. And there is no place like home. This statement is very true but you may not understand this until you move abroad.

Sometimes, a lot of times, I wish I could just pick up my bags and scream “I'm done here”. Then I think for a second and realize that there is actually “no home” to go back to cry The reason many of us are stuck abroad. So we stay back and keep up the good fight.

Hugs babe, I'm with you in this one. I feel you.

you re right. A lot of Nigerians think that it is easy to survive abroad. They don't know that everyone has to compete for jobs with the intelligent Asians and Arabs- as in, unemployable nigerian graduates competing with the brilliant asians. No wonder a lot of Nigerians are suffering abroad. No strategy or plan on how to integrate into their new environment.

4 Likes

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Favouritism(f): 9:34am On Aug 16, 2018
LesbianBoy:
Did I just read Nigerians are "kind" people? We are only kind because we expect something from God grin grin grin grin
lol,true talk....
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 16, 2018
Her account is private
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 16, 2018
Koolking:

By the way, there is nothing like 'kain'. It's 'kind'.

Try and pass your message in a simple 'English' as a graduate you are
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by onlytiles(m): 9:37am On Aug 16, 2018
Madam no talk that thing make people wey de kuve under bridge for naija no hear am Ooo

1 Like

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by planetx: 9:38am On Aug 16, 2018
To many dumb comments from people that thinks money is picked from trees abroad, she is not discouraging anyone from going abroad just telling you her experience. Most of you will probably be dissapointed when you get to the abroad, it's always nice and rosy looking at the abroad from Nigeria. But shame will not let most people come back, so you stucked.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Babyforever(f): 9:40am On Aug 16, 2018
lefulefu:
U didnt have any place to sleep but u slept in the train. Well if na lagos u dey na under bridge u for sleep and mosquito for chop sama for ur bodycheesy. U have assess to student loans...do u think yu will have any access to any student loan in naija? Abeg if yankee don tire u come back home to Buhari's nigeriacheesy. Nigeria border is still open to all nigerians in d diasporacheesy. Welcome to nigeria that there is no functioning electricity,herdsmen rampaging upandan,armed robbers killing and robbing ppl,kidnappers kidnapping ppl,ritualist beheading and tearing open the bowels of victims,boko haram bombing everywhere. Nigeria welcomes u with open arms.sista just come back to nigeriasmiley.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 16, 2018
As in, I spoke with a babe (good friend) in school, in Germany she literally was broke and didn't have nothing yo eat till the next pay day, usually I'd send her cash but mehn the naira to euro makes it seems like nothing, so far those schooling will have a tough time than those who are working a good job and getting paid.

3 Likes

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Yinxies(f): 9:41am On Aug 16, 2018
I can design a functional website for your business in 3days for just 25k.

Logo+letterhead+business card = N5,000 only

Check my signature
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 16, 2018
LesbianBoy:
Did I just read Nigerians are "kind" people? We are only kind because we expect something from God grin grin grin grin
that one got mecheesy. Lets be honest..even those ppl wey dey pay tithe for church..do they pay out out of the goodness of their heart or they do it cos dem expect God to double their own paycheesy. When u see d average nigerian helping out he's expecting sumptin triple in returncheesy.

2 Likes

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by thugmansion(m): 9:43am On Aug 16, 2018
HeWrites:
In a bid to dispel the notion that living abroad is paradise, @Mochievous has narrated her experience of hardship abroad.

Read her tweets below;

https://www.torimill.co/travel/9433/living-abroad-is-more-difficult-than-living-in-nigeria-lady.html

This your wish eh. Smh
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by greenprince(m): 9:43am On Aug 16, 2018
Afam4eva:
The cycle of life.

You travel abroad and make it and you make it a duty to dissuade other from doing exactly what you did and tell them about how horrible living abroad is yet to you remain there. Who's deceiving who?

Believe it or not, that lady has some valid points. I agree living abroad kinda spoils you. You think free internet and 24hour power is normal. You feel a serene cityscape and sane society is ordinary.

Reason most people don't consider coming back is cos they can't imagine squeezing into a bus or having a flat battery but trust me, sometimes the expenses and difficulties when struggling in a place you know no one and feel like a stranger everyday can be very overwhelming.

You just can't get best of both worlds sometimes.

4 Likes

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by joachim3910(m): 9:44am On Aug 16, 2018
HeWrites:
In a bid to dispel the notion that living abroad is paradise, @Mochievous has narrated her experience of hardship abroad.

Read her tweets below;

https://www.torimill.co/travel/9433/living-abroad-is-more-difficult-than-living-in-nigeria-lady.htm

Let her shut up you can never compare living in America with Nigeria a hell of a place ..
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by lastempero: 9:45am On Aug 16, 2018
Dem force u go there, stop disturbing us Abeg.

1 Like

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 16, 2018
Babyforever:
cheesy
let her come back and let her have a taste of what it really means to live in naijacheesy. When she go buy fuel for generator for one week dey blow generator with all d noise and fumes she will run madcheesy.

1 Like

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Koolking(m): 9:49am On Aug 16, 2018
Heavyjew:

Who is this one that just leaped into murky water without forethought whatsoever?
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Larryslim(m): 9:51am On Aug 16, 2018
Who are you deceiving Aunty??
You slept in the library, and so?
Who told you it can't happen in Lagos,can't she see the numerous number of people that sleep under the bridge, stalls and all kind of places..
Story leleyi jhorr!

1 Like

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Jackipapa: 9:52am On Aug 16, 2018
The way things are going African WIFI may work easily for you.
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Babyforever(f): 9:53am On Aug 16, 2018
lefulefu:
let her come back and let her have a taste of what it really means to live in naijacheesy. When she go buy fuel for generator for one week dey blow generator with all d noise and fumes she will run madcheesy.
Especially for that benin with those yonda guys wey dey craze everywhere opela precisely lipsrsealed cheesy

1 Like

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by zolajpower: 9:54am On Aug 16, 2018
UncleJudax:

Who de back you for Nigeria?

Nowhere easy but she no give any credible reason why Lagos better ...them dey share food and shelter for Nigeria/Lagos?

She even see train enter/sleep.
Dont mind this one jare.......as if to say they are tying her down there. We know them almost all.the family has this kind of person ,they will tell you " e no easy for america" ,but dem no wan come back. Yeye dey smell

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Minimee101: 9:57am On Aug 16, 2018
Yes, there are many food pantry in US where u can get free food
NothingDoMe:
I heard that there's free food in America.

1 Like

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by arro: 9:58am On Aug 16, 2018
How can you go to some where, you dont have mission
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by flyca: 9:58am On Aug 16, 2018
CanadianEnginee:

you re right. A lot of Nigerians think that it is easy to survive abroad. They don't know that everyone has to compete for jobs with the intelligent Asians and Arabs- as in unemployable nigerian graduates competing with the brilliant asians. No wonder a lot of Nigerians are suffering abroad. No strategy or plan on how to integrate into their new environment.
What do you mean by this statement sir? That Arabs and Asians are more intelligent than Africans/Nigerians? Are you mad? Empowered with the same conditions and environment will it be so? What makes Nigerian graduates “unemployable”? The only reason why foreigners have described us with this clause is that we don't have and has never had a government. That's why our educational institutions and indeed all institutions nationwide are in a mess!

I find it annoying that a fellow countryman is upholding this same idea at the detriment of hardworking Nigeria students angry

9 Likes

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by icedbreez(m): 10:01am On Aug 16, 2018
Only people wey never travel abroad dey think say this girl dey talk super story.
She's correct 100% but Offcourse you need to experience it to believe.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Kogi University Graduate Burnt To Death 2 Weeks Before Her NYSC (Graphic) / Hoodlums In Abia Uproot Rail Lines, Sell To Recycling Companies / Indian Driver Allows His Monkey To Drive The Bus On A Busy Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.