Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

"Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady (53568 Views)

What Country Abroad Is The Best Where I Can Study A Professional Course? / Nigeria Lady Delivers Message To Everyone Planning To Move To America1 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 16, 2018
NothingDoMe:
Lol. Where you hide since? I never see you for the political section.

My areas of preferences are CarTalk, Properties and Travel.

I only go to other sections when I respond to frontpage topics grin

1 Like

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 16, 2018
HeWrites:
In a bid to dispel the notion that living abroad is paradise, @Mochievous has narrated her experience of hardship abroad.

Read her tweets below;

https://www.torimill.co/travel/9433/living-abroad-is-more-difficult-than-living-in-nigeria-lady.html

Why didn't u study in LASU, onye ala
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 16, 2018
kfash02:
Living in America is by far better than living in Nigeria for those with correct paper , it favours the hard-working and punishes the poor , yes there is free food for poor people found in church food pantry, and where in the world do you want to take student loan and not pay back , you have to pay it back consider it an investment in your life , nobody should be discouraged about living thier dreams

Very true.

I plan on doing similar after my retirement in Ibadan.

10% of my business income will be for philanthropy.

No stupid church tithes but direct to the needy citizens.

1 Like

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by derrydinny: 1:07pm On Aug 16, 2018
williamdeluxe:
JAPAN

CHINA

INDIA

AMERICA

AFRICA

if u know wat I mean
ma nigga
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by baby124: 1:07pm On Aug 16, 2018
trapQ:
Keep quiet. I know what I'm saying. Laugh because of what? I'm not your usual average low mentality Nigerian and no she's not a criminal.
What is your friend doing in America? Is she a student? Then she must have a big god in Nigeria giving her money or she is doing something illegal. No student is allowed to work outside of campus and you are only entitled to the minimum wage which depends on your location. It can be $5-10/hr. You can’t work more than 20hrs a week. You can’t even pay rent with that money. Those working off campus are doing so illegally and they will be deported once caught. She must be a citizen and she’s finding it hard. People who are not citizens do not have access to student loans. Why do you think people are doing yahoo? The dream they believed like you is not real. Even the 20k you are shouting about, most families don’t have 1k in savings. In Nigeria you are cash rich but infrastructure poor. In the western world you are cash poor and infrastructure rich. It depends on what gives you security. The bae ain’t lying. A lot of students are squatters and homeless.

7 Likes

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by persius555(m): 1:31pm On Aug 16, 2018
Did your beloved lagos give you the degree you have today? Even if you are indebted, no one can take the degree from you.

This girl go like free things
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by djon78(m): 1:31pm On Aug 16, 2018
This babe is saying the truth. Most people think money grows abroad on a tree. Living abroad you have light, internet, good environment, but to see the liquid cash na die..
I will keep on saying it there are many here who are financially many times better than many people in US and other western countries.

People don't even understand that it's just laziness that is affecting many people here. If you are industrious, diligent and hardworking here, your life will improve. Crack your brain, think, put the brain to serious work.

3 Likes

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 16, 2018
Greyworld:
Aunty come back home and stop disturbing our social space.

Shey you dont want to work abi? looking for freebies and dash oya go your Lagos.
The BEST ANSWER ever.
Don’t mind her, she complains because she has no GREENCARD.
What stops her from going back to Nigeria, nonsense.
If you are tired go back and stop disturbing and discouraging people.

Watch her reaction the moment she gets her papers.

2 Likes

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 16, 2018
djon78:
This babe is saying the truth. Most people think money grows abroad on a tree. Living abroad you have light, internet, good environment, but to see the liquid cash na die..
I will keep on saying it there are many here who are financially many times better than many people in US and other western countries.

People don't even understand that it's just laziness that is affecting many people here. If you are industrious, diligent and hardworking here, your life will improve. Crack your brain, think, put the brain to serious work.
She has no PAPERS at all.
She is just a student who wants to get married and remain there.
We know them.
If she feels NAIJA is better she should go back.
Is ASO ROCK not peaceful enough to give PMB bed rest...??
Why does he travel to the UK always..??

[/quote]
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by biggie73(m): 1:56pm On Aug 16, 2018
If she does not like it, she should leave it. Nigerians should stop listening to negative stories. All lucks are not the same.

1 Like

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by sammirano: 1:56pm On Aug 16, 2018
She may be right.
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Mariangeles(f): 1:58pm On Aug 16, 2018
flyca:
In a way, I agree.

Home is sweet when it feels like home. And there is no place like home. This statement is very true but you may not understand this until you move abroad.

Sometimes, a lot of times, I wish I could just pick up my bags and scream “I'm done here”. Then I think for a second and realize that there is actually “no home” to go back to cry The reason many of us are stuck abroad. So we stay back and keep up the good fight.

Hugs babe, I'm with you in this one. I feel you.
After the dusk, there will definitely be dawn...hang in there sis

3 Likes

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Austinoiz(m): 2:00pm On Aug 16, 2018
Wetin ds one dey yarn.
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by NothingDoMe: 2:11pm On Aug 16, 2018
EgunMogaji:

My areas of preferences are CarTalk, Properties and Travel.

I only go to other sections when I respond to frontpage topics grin
Lol @ frontpage.

1 Like

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Babyvet: 2:27pm On Aug 16, 2018
Our naija people no like to hear word and we can sometimes lack empathy. This girl is just sharing her experience. This girl is on a student visa and I believe there are limitations on where one can work and how many hours she can work. Some companies offer student loans to international students. Now she needs to covert to permanent status to be able to work to pay back her loans. Her post is not mean't to discourage anyone but to enlighten them about living abroad. I think people need to plan properly especially when they come to this country on student visa. Do lots of research. Coming to study in America is expensive, school fees is expensive here and then you have to worry about accommodation, feeding and transportation. Don't alway plan on staying at a friend or relative house because people can be fickle.

3 Likes

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by poik(m): 2:32pm On Aug 16, 2018
Koolking:
It's not by force to live abroad. Let her relocate to live easy in Nigeria.

She lied. In America, there are thousand of organisations, churches, NGOs that offer free food to people. You can eat, breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner FREE

Guy, what should I buy you?
People just don't want one another's progress. That's the thing with Africans. Which kind lie be DAT? That there is no free food?

2 Likes

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 16, 2018
lies!
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Travelifucan: 2:54pm On Aug 16, 2018
Nigerians, don't believe people always saying life is more difficult in USA for example. Without exaggeration, it took me just one year in the States to achieve what I never achieved for over 30 years of my life in Nigeria. Believe me, this is without exaggeration. I hate it when people living abroad and enjoying the privileges our beloved country never provided. Do you know that at age of 18 kids in the USA are expected to leave their parents house? Start living a good life of their own.

May be we should ask the lady what she did with her life. Ask what she did with the student loan. She probably saw the loan as free money and she sqanderd it. I wonder why she would have no place to live or food to eat after collecting student loan. The loan is expected to cover all expenses and tuition while studying in the US. Besides, there are a lot of organizations in the US that give free food or clothes to people in need, even though food is the cheapest stuff in the USA.

Well, may be she is suffering due to ignorance. She probably needs information. If that's the case, she should search for knowledge.

My advice to all Nigerians, travel if you can!

4 Likes

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2018
It's hard because you have no relation in that region. That's why it's always important to have some family relation in the new geographical region you want to move to. It's important. And if u don't. Then oh well. You are on your own b that.

2 Likes

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by hkidola00(m): 3:03pm On Aug 16, 2018
flyca:
In a way, I agree.

Home is sweet when it feels like home. And there is no place like home. This statement is very true but you may not understand this until you move abroad.

Sometimes, a lot of times, I wish I could just pick up my bags and scream “I'm done here”. Then I think for a second and realize that there is actually “no home” to go back to cry The reason many of us are stuck abroad. So we stay back and keep up the good fight.

Hugs babe, I'm with you in this one. I feel you.
which country u at?
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Rockyrascal(m): 3:12pm On Aug 16, 2018
NothingDoMe:
Lol
una too like food smiley
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Babyvet: 3:25pm On Aug 16, 2018
Travelifucan:
Nigerians, don't believe people always saying life is more difficult in USA for example. Without exaggeration, it took me just one year in the States to achieve what I never achieved for over 30 years of my life in Nigeria. Believe me, this is without exaggeration. I hate it when people living abroad and enjoying the privileges our beloved country never provided. Do you know that at age of 18 kids in the USA are expected to leave their parents house? Start living a good life of their own.

May be we should ask the lady what she did with her life. Ask what she did with the student loan. She probably saw the loan as free money and she sqanderd it. I wonder why she would have no place to live or food to eat after collecting student loan. The loan is expected to cover all expenses and tuition while studying in the US. Besides, there are a lot of organizations in the US that give free food or clothes to people in need, even though food is the cheapest stuff in the USA.

Well, may be she is suffering due to ignorance. She probably needs information. If that's the case, she should search for knowledge.

My advice to all Nigerians, travel if you can!

Yes the but both countries systems are set up differently. It is expected that you have your own place and car in this America, I'm not sure by 18 anymore because a lot of people are still living at home pass that age because of high rent. But having a car is must in a lot places in America because of poor public transportation system and landmass. In Nigeria, having a car is seen a luxury because you have to pay outright for it while here you can get a loan for a car. You will be surprised to see how much loan money is being given to people who clearly can not afford it. As for organization that help the poor, they are available but they are not surplus and there are limitations on who they can help. In all, people should travel but do so with plan a,b and c.

4 Likes

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by babaowambe: 3:44pm On Aug 16, 2018
So true, even with a well paying job, you are taxed to the hilt,saddled with bills, restricted by stupid rules and regulations, the system is structured to keep most people from getting rich, people are placed under control through the media taxes rules there no back up or alternative s those who live in the Western world understand ,the break the mould of the sheep mentality people resort to unorthodox or illegal means to survive. Nigeria is much freer despite the all the shortcomings no place like home

5 Likes

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by trapQ: 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2018
Girl don't act like you know it all. I know exactly what my friend does and she's 100% legit. There is always a way where there seems none. I'm not a novice and have much travel experience to know these things. There are so many things you can do to earn legit in America which don't involve full time or off campus jobs. Even here in Nigeria you have people crying for jobs but thousands of opportunities abound which they're blinded to.
baby124:

What is your friend doing in America? Is she a student? Then she must have a big god in Nigeria giving her money or she is doing something illegal. No student is allowed to work outside of campus and you are only entitled to the minimum wage which depends on your location. It can be $5-10/hr. You can’t work more than 20hrs a week. You can’t even pay rent with that money. Those working off campus are doing so illegally and they will be deported once caught. She must be a citizen and she’s finding it hard. People who are not citizens do not have access to student loans. Why do you think people are doing yahoo? The dream they believed like you is not real. Even the 20k you are shouting about, most families don’t have 1k in savings. In Nigeria you are cash rich but infrastructure poor. In the western world you are cash poor and infrastructure rich. It depends on what gives you security. The bae ain’t lying. A lot of students are squatters and homeless.

1 Like

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Mizwisdom(f): 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2018
baby124:

Homeless
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Babyvet: 4:05pm On Aug 16, 2018
baby124:

I agree with some of the stuff your saying but some of it is incorrect. You don't need be a citizen to get student loans. Green card holders can get federal aid and subsidized loans through FASFA. International students can get students loans, below is a link that explains it better.

https://www.iefa.org/international-student-loans
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Sarang(f): 4:06pm On Aug 16, 2018
UncleJudax:

Who de back you for Nigeria?

Nowhere easy but she no give any credible reason why Lagos better ...them dey share food and shelter for Nigeria/Lagos?

She even see train enter/sleep.

That is eeh

3 Likes

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by yemiosinbajo: 4:21pm On Aug 16, 2018
lefulefu:
there is as i heard.they offer free food to homeless ppl and very poor ppl over there. Heard is operated by churches and phillantropic groups. There was this jornalist working in nigeria's TELL magazine. The guy travelled to atlanta and visited one of those free food units.they call them soup kitchens. He said the chicken he ate in the soup kitchens was very tasty and the food well servedcheesy. Thats food for poor ppl oocheesy.

So, you all actually think that non-citizens are eligible for all those food stamps you hear of? Do you know the implication of receiving those benefits at all?
Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by yemiosinbajo: 4:23pm On Aug 16, 2018
planetx:
To many dumb comments from people that thinks money is picked from trees abroad, she is not discouraging anyone from going abroad just telling you her experience. Most of you will probably be dissapointed when you get to the abroad, it's always nice and rosy looking at the abroad from Nigeria. But shame will not let most people come back, so you stucked.

That is what many of them don't understand. They think that people do not come back because life is sweet for them in the abroad. They don't know that most people do not come back because they are stuck.

2 Likes

Re: "Living Abroad Is More Difficult Than Living In Nigeria" - Lady by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 16, 2018
yemiosinbajo:

So, you all actually think that non-citizens are eligible for all those food stamps you hear of? Do you know the implication of receiving those benefits at all?
illegal immigrants are being fed by soup kitchens run by churches and philantropic groups in the US.Now for someone who studying there as a foreign student and she's a legal migrant...is she saying she's uneligble to the free soup kitchens? Yes there are problems in the West but food will be the least of their problems. They dont fight and kill themselves over food the way we nigerians fight and stab ourselves over jollof rice,pounded yam, and chicken in parties and naming ceremonies.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) / ₦250k Fare: Lagos To Anambra/Asaba Flight Almost Empty (Video) / VACATION: Mid-Air Pictures Of How Another Airplane Accompanied Our Flight.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.