Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (299347 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 8:02pm On Oct 09, 2019
gidieberry:
thank God say na only u hear am

grin

It's more stable than miui eu.

Though I never try
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by gidieberry(m): 8:45pm On Oct 09, 2019
GrandMufti:

grin
It's more stable than miui eu.
Though I never try
i think say u they joke oo boss
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 10:30pm On Oct 09, 2019
gidieberry:
i think say u they joke oo boss

No. Na real o
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by HowGlorious: 4:12am On Nov 02, 2019
smiley Hi
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by saint2ace(m): 6:03am On Nov 02, 2019
Since a lot of Xiaomi phones now come with camera2api enabled people no dey come here again grin grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:54am On Nov 02, 2019
saint2ace:
Since a lot of Xiaomi phones now come with camera2api enabled people no dey come here again grin grin
wait make Android Q stable
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by saint2ace(m): 9:57am On Nov 02, 2019
GrandMufti:
wait make Android Q stable

Lolz grin grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 10:01am On Nov 02, 2019
saint2ace:

Lolz grin grin

Na so
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by saint2ace(m): 10:37am On Nov 02, 2019
GrandMufti:

Na so

No shakes we dey wait

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by happy662(m): 7:25pm On Nov 02, 2019
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 8:46am On Nov 04, 2019
MISTAICEY02288:
Hello everyone. Please i have a question.. I just installed a custom rom on my phone for the first time ever. I just read some guides on the internet and i followed and i was able to get it done and now its working perfectly. Now my question is, later on if i wanna install another custom rom or upgrade the current one, would i have to wipe the whole system again like i did this first time? I'm worried about losing all my Apps and setups again in the process. I'm presently running on Android 9 and i believe Android 10 version will be released for the phone pretty soon.

Secondly, whenever i am putting on the phone, it first brings a page where it says my phone is unlocked, phone will start in 5 seconds blablabla before it now takes off the page and then goes to the page of the real startup {lineageOs startup}. Is it normal to first be seeing that thing whenever i put the phone on? I was thinking it would just show the startup straight. Thanks in anticipation

1. To upgrade, just flash the current one over the old one. It's called 'dirty flashing'.

To flash another custom ROM, go to twrp menu and wipe everything (except internal storage). Before that, backup your apps with titanium backup pro, check YouTube on how to use it. It must have root privileges

2. It's normal.

This is tweaking thread

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Jollof123: 11:48am On Nov 04, 2019
Goodday my people ...please I downloaded Miui11 for my mi8 through one site. It's not the OTA update that comes directly to my phone o.

Have extracted the zip file but don't know how to install it o.

I need someone to put me through....
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 12:42pm On Nov 04, 2019
Jollof123:
Goodday my people ...please I downloaded Miui11 for my mi8 through one site. It's not the OTA update that comes directly to my phone o.

Have extracted the zip file but don't know how to install it o.

I need someone to put me through....

Post the link and a screenshot of your about phone for people to confirm if you are good to go.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Jollof123: 1:22pm On Nov 04, 2019
genius43:

Post the link and a screenshot of your about phone for people to confirm if you are good to go.

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Jollof123: 1:25pm On Nov 04, 2019
genius43:

https://piunikaweb.com/2019/11/01/global-miui-11-update-for-mi-8-mi-8-pro-begins-rolling-out/
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 1:50pm On Nov 04, 2019
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Jollof123: 2:32pm On Nov 04, 2019
genius43:

You can try the one for your device

Have downloaded it already...but don't know how to install it
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 3:13pm On Nov 04, 2019
Jollof123:

Have downloaded it already...but don't know how to install it

genius43:

Go to system update click on the MIUI icon 10 times. Then click on the three vertical dots at the upper right corner you should see choose update package then locate the downloaded ROM and keep your data ON
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Shegun010: 8:44am On Nov 07, 2019
busuyi44 please can I have your WhatsApp number, there are some things I need to ask about this EU ROM before I flash it. Please it's urgent
Or any other person that have used or is using the EU ROM.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by plucky16(m): 12:47pm On Nov 07, 2019
Shegun010:
busuyi44 please can I have your WhatsApp number, there are some things I need to ask about this EU ROM before I flash it. Please it's urgent
Or any other person that have used or is using the EU ROM.

It's the best miui rom, from experience, I'd say better than the stock rom, it's clean (no ads) and gets regular updates.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Shegun010: 2:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
plucky16:

It's the best miui rom, from experience, I'd say better than the stock rom, it's clean (no ads) and gets regular updates.

Can you kindly drop your WhatsApp number? I still have some questions please.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by maclawrence02(m): 2:38pm On Nov 07, 2019
Shegun010:

Can you kindly drop your WhatsApp number? I still have some questions please.
I use eu rom on my rn7 . I will advice you ask your question here so that other persons with similar interests will benefit from the response.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Shegun010: 3:20pm On Nov 07, 2019
maclawrence02:

I use eu rom on my rn7 . I will advice you ask your question here so that other persons with similar interests will benefit from the response.

Alright then, then one main feature I'm looking out for that I need to confirm first, which is "a feature that requires password or pin before the phone is turned off"
Is that feature available in the EU ROM?
And does the EU ROM support the normal Miui gestures to?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by HowGlorious: 5:13pm On Nov 07, 2019
Shegu.n010:

Alright then, then one main feature I'm looking out for that I need to confirm first, which is "a feature that requires password or pin before the phone is turned off"
Cc Reddington
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by maclawrence02(m): 6:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
Shegun010:

Your first question, the answer is no. The feature that should have made up for it is the 'access to power menu when device is locked', it works cos when the power button is pressed when the device is locked the power menu doesn't pop up but if you still hold the power button for about 7-10 seconds the phone will reboot, though still locked.
Second question, the answer is yes. See pix.
Modified.
Just to be clear,
there is a difference between eu rom and miui.eu.
EU rom, a variant of miui stock rom.
Miui.eu, a miui based custom rom.
So in this case im talking about the miui.eu rom

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Shegun010: 6:20pm On Nov 07, 2019
maclawrence02:

Your first question, the answer is no. The feature that should have made up for it is the 'access to power menu when device is locked', it works cos when the power button is pressed when the device is locked the power menu doesn't pop up but if you still hold the power button for about 7-10 seconds the phone will reboot, though still locked.
Second question, the answer is yes. See pix.

Thanks. Would you say the battery backup is better on the EU ROM as compared to the regular Miui??
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by maclawrence02(m): 6:36pm On Nov 07, 2019
Shegun010:

Thanks. Would you say the battery backup is better on the EU ROM as compared to the regular Miui??
I'm on beta so I get updates every week.
I get about 7-8 hours sot max. I don't know if it has anything to do with been on beta. I got more than this sot when I was on MIUI stable.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 8:30pm On Nov 07, 2019
Shegun010:

No, it doesn't have that feature, but it has something that does similar job. Just go to Settings - Lockscreen and toggle that switch off and you're good to go.
For gestures - Yes, EU roms fully supports Miui gestures.

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 8:43pm On Nov 07, 2019
Shegun010:

Yes! Just don't flash beta EU roms, wait for stable builds. I've always been on stable builds and I get more than 10hrs SOT
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by maclawrence02(m): 10:09pm On Nov 07, 2019
Reddington:

Yes! Just don't flash beta EU roms, wait for stable builds. I've always been on stable builds and I get more than 10hrs SOT
Which device?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Shegun010: 1:13am On Nov 08, 2019
Reddington:

Thanks. I'm a bit confused now. Please sorry I'm asking too much.
What are the advantages of Miui compared to EU ROM??
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 3:00am On Nov 08, 2019
Shegun010:

Thanks. I'm a bit confused now. Please sorry I'm asking too much.
What are the advantages of Miui compared to EU ROM??
I hope you're not mixing things up like this? I believe the Official Miui is the one you're referring to as miui but also note that the one you're calling EU ROM which is actually Xiaomi.eu ROM is also a miui Rom and as for me, the official miui has nothing over Xiaomi.eu. For me, I see it as an optimized version of the official one; No ads, less bloatwares and so on. Although it's not as customizable like some other miui-based custom Rom, it's the king of stability.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.