Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,610 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (301415 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Igemburg(m): 7:55am On Dec 06, 2019
GrandMufti:

The real owner

Well, it came from UK, Nd registered with a UK number.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 8:07am On Dec 06, 2019
Igemburg:

Well, it came from UK, Nd registered with a UK number.

Contact the owner

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by getbizy: 11:35am On Dec 06, 2019
I need help is anyone else experiencing erractic disconnections on Wifi on the Redmi Note 8?

The wifi keeps disconnecting on its own even with strong network. Kindly advice abeg.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 1:19pm On Dec 06, 2019
getbizy:
I need help is anyone else experiencing erractic disconnections on Wifi on the Redmi Note 8?

The wifi keeps disconnecting on its own even with strong network. Kindly advice abeg.

Check WiFi settings on your phone or the wifi device itself
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by getbizy: 10:13pm On Dec 06, 2019
GrandMufti:

Check WiFi settings on your phone or the wifi device itself

Thanks
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Chimoski87(m): 11:17pm On Dec 06, 2019
serenityaliyu:
When will redmi 8 global get this miui 11 update na

Check it, it's available for update via your phone

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by PETUK(m): 7:21am On Dec 07, 2019
serenityaliyu:
When will redmi 8 global get this miui 11 update na
it has now

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Almaiga: 10:37am On Dec 08, 2019
I need a touch pad for Redmi 5a and whats the price?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2019
Anyone using custom ROM on his Redmi 7?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Igemburg(m): 3:30am On Dec 09, 2019
Almaiga:
I need a touch pad for Redmi 5a and whats the price?

Complete LCD available
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Igemburg(m): 3:30am On Dec 09, 2019
Need Redmi note 4 panel
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 5:13am On Dec 09, 2019
Igemburg:
Need Redmi note 4 panel

Wrong thread
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Almaiga: 10:20am On Dec 09, 2019
Igemburg:

Complete LCD available

How much is it?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Igemburg(m): 10:41am On Dec 09, 2019
Almaiga:

How much is it?

Holla @ 08133077936
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by scotweezy(m): 9:59am On Dec 12, 2019
Are you a Redmi Note 4 user? And you wish to give your device a breath of fresh air.
I just recently stumbled on a MiUi 11 based pie rom that I have been using for a couple of days.

Download the rom from the following link: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261625952

Use OrangeFox recovery. You can get that from this link: https://files.orangefox.website/OrangeFox-Stable/mido/OrangeFox-R10.0-Stable-mido.zip

Instructions to flash:

1. Boot into Custom recovery (OrangeFox)

2. Swipe and accept modification to system

3. Find your way to "Wipe" section and wipe System/Vendor/Cache/Dalvick/Data partitions
(Warning!!! Don't wipe your Internal storage)

4. Find your way to "File" section and select rom package and swipe to install.

5. Wipe cache and reboot.

Reboot might take a few minutes.

Bug:
Potrait in stock cam is not working.(GCAM can substitute for this)

Credits to:
MiUi Team
Miroom devs
Electronic.13
Siddharth_sarkar

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by honsule(m): 1:02pm On Dec 12, 2019
scotweezy:
Are you a Redmi Note 4 user? And you wish to give your device a breath of fresh air.
I just recently stumbled on a MiUi 11 based pie rom that I have been using for a couple of days.

Download the rom from the following link: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261625952

Use OrangeFox recovery. You can get that from this link: https://files.orangefox.website/OrangeFox-Stable/mido/OrangeFox-R10.0-Stable-mido.zip

Instructions to flash:

3. Find your way to "Wipe" section and wipe System/Vendor/Cache/Dalvick/Data partitions

Bug:

Credits to:
MiUi Team
Miroom devs
Electronic.13
Siddharth_sarkar

i will give it a trial, but am on MIUI 11 Stable rom, what's the difference?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by scotweezy(m): 3:33pm On Dec 12, 2019
honsule:

The rom is pre-rooted. It has the latest security patch and Cam2API enabled by default.
Battery life has also improved tremendously. There is system wide dark mode, Ultra Battery saver and one or two additional features missing on the official stable update released for the phone.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2019
honsule:

Based on pie. your's is nougat
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by shosky1794: 2:31am On Dec 13, 2019
scotweezy:

Instructions to flash:

Bug:

Credits to:
MiUi Team
Miroom devs
Electronic.13
Siddharth_sarkar

Thanks for sharing. Must it be orangefox(why not twrp)? Also can I restore my restore my system app(the note app particularly) after porting to the ROM. Thanks.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by scotweezy(m): 6:39am On Dec 13, 2019
shosky1794:

Thanks for sharing. Must it be orangefox(why not twrp)? Also can I restore my restore my system app(the note app particularly) after porting to the ROM. Thanks.
The instructions insisted on the use of Orangefox recovery. It is actually easy to flash. Just download from the link I provided and flash from your present custom recovery.

Provided you've set the Notes app to sync with Mi Cloud, you will get all your notes back on your latest rom install after setup. All you need to do is sync with Mi Cloud.

Data of other apps like Messaging, Contacts, Phone records etc. can also be synced. Avoid syncing Gallery though, unless data subscription is no issue.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:26am On Dec 13, 2019
shosky1794:

You can all use titanium backup to save all system apps and data
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:34am On Dec 13, 2019
driand:
OK, I just got the RN8, now it's time to root... My first question is, is it compulsory to unlock bootloader first before rooting? And is like you to point me in the right direction, thanks in addy

Yes. Your account needs to have the unlock permission, then you can unlock.

https://c.mi.com/thread-1857937-1-0.html
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by shosky1794: 10:21am On Dec 13, 2019
GrandMufti:

You can all use titanium backup to save all system apps and data

Thanks as always bro
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by shosky1794: 10:22am On Dec 13, 2019
scotweezy:

The instructions insisted on the use of Orangefox recovery. It is actually easy to flash. Just download from the link I provided and flash from your present custom recovery.

Provided you've set the Notes app to sync with Mi Cloud, you will get all your notes back on your latest rom install after setup. All you need to do is sync with Mi Cloud.

Data of other apps like Messaging, Contacts, Phone records etc. can also be synced. Avoid syncing Gallery though, unless data subscription is no issue.

Much appreciated bro
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Shakiratemma(f): 7:20am On Dec 16, 2019
Hello gurus in the house, i have some questions to ask;
1. Can any1 help me to flash my RN8 to Miui. Indonesia rom so i can use miui dialer n messages?
2. Are they any cons n pros of switching to miui.eu rom...?
Thank you
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 8:49am On Dec 16, 2019
Shakiratemma:
Hello gurus in the house, i have some questions to ask;
1. Can any1 help me to flash my RN8 to Miui. Indonesia rom so i can use miui dialer n messages?
2. Are they any cons n pros of switching to miui.eu rom...?
Thank you

You have to first unlock bootloader.

GrandMufti:

https://c.mi.com/thread-1857937-1-0.html
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Shakiratemma(f): 10:28am On Dec 16, 2019
GrandMufti:

You have to first unlock bootloader.

Thank you sir but i just lost for all technical oyinbo wer i dey see...
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 11:01am On Dec 16, 2019
Shakiratemma:

Thank you sir but i just lost for all technical oyinbo wer i dey see...

Nothing hard there. Lol
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by scotweezy(m): 7:06pm On Dec 18, 2019
scotweezy:
Instructions to flash:

Bug:
Credits to:
MiUi Team
Miroom devs
Electronic.13
Siddharth_sarkar

This is a follow up to the above rom I recently flashed on my Redmi Note 4.
I posted the battery statistics below to show a new rom can give a new lease of life to your old device.
My redmi Note 4 will be 3 years by next year April/May.

1 Share

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by shosky1794: 6:57am On Dec 19, 2019
scotweezy:

This is a follow up to the above rom I recently flashed on my Redmi Note 4.
I posted the battery statistics below to show a new rom can give a new lease of life to your old device.
My redmi Note 4 will be 3 years by next year April/May.

I flashed the ROM too some days ago but I've been on the road ever since. I'll give feedback later. Thanks for sharing
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by scotweezy(m): 8:15am On Dec 19, 2019
shosky1794:

I flashed the ROM too some days ago but I've been on the road ever since. I'll give feedback later. Thanks for sharing
I await your feedback.

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.