Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (299765 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 6:34pm On Jan 01, 2020
eby001:

Using the recovery or fastboot mode

Recovery. It's flashable zip
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 6:57pm On Jan 01, 2020
eby001:

GSI ROM? I'm just bored of miui bro
Need to try another things. Westin I gain after unlocking bootloader if I no use custom rom.
Hope pixel experience is not GSI too.

Also got this on XDA developer, is it important I use liner twrp

LinR Twrp is for your device

https://miui.blog/file/3668/
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 7:11pm On Jan 01, 2020
eby001:

GSI ROM? I'm just bored of miui bro
Need to try another things. Westin I gain after unlocking bootloader if I no use custom rom.
Hope pixel experience is not GSI too.

Also got this on XDA developer, is it important I use liner twrp

LineR TWRP is the best TWRP to use for Redmi 7.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 1:21am On Jan 02, 2020
olayinkajnr:

LineR TWRP is the best TWRP to use for Redmi 7.
So I should just go through the process of CMD prompt and fastboot mode again for installing custom recovery.

Yeah, I remember you also use redmi7
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 3:45am On Jan 02, 2020
eby001:

So I should just go through the process of CMD prompt and fastboot mode again for installing custom recovery.

You can.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 4:37am On Jan 02, 2020
eby001:

No need to.

Boot into your current recovery and just flash lineR twrp

***Modified***

Yes since you have flashed miui
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 7:25am On Jan 02, 2020
Thanks guys for the help,
Na kingroot n co I grew up with on mtk devices and changing of IMEI on them to tweak data browsing. Willing to learn boss
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 7:30am On Jan 02, 2020
Is this one of the GSI ROM you asked me to stay clear?Reasons pls.
Also, I see android 9 and 10...pls advice me
See this. Boot loop show me pepper and once bitten twice shy grin grin grin
Cc: olayinkajnr, grandmufti, mathefaro

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 7:36am On Jan 02, 2020
eby001:

It's not always stable. Just flash one of those custom ROMs. I dropped the link to pixel experience 9 and 10 custom ROMs yesterday. The one can be easily flashed by just clearing data-cache-system-dalvic cache and then flashing. Surprisingly, I haven't flashed any custom ROM self. Will do that between today and tomorrow.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:52am On Jan 02, 2020
eby001:

GSI is written there.

Just flash android 9 ROMs and wait for stable ones for your device.

Be made mindful of the magisk and Twrp version
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 10:31am On Jan 02, 2020
eby001:

If you don't want trouble, don't flash any GSI ROM
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 10:32am On Jan 02, 2020
Always feel GSI ROMs are meant only for developers and people who aren't using the device they intend on flashing it on as their daily driver.

Even normal custom ROMs dey get small bugs here and there not to talk of GSI grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 10:37am On Jan 02, 2020
Vbmeta installed but the pixel Rom will not.

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 10:40am On Jan 02, 2020
Psychodavidovic:

noted
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 11:38am On Jan 02, 2020
eby001:
Vbmeta installed but the pixel Rom will not.

It is corrupt nam that's what they wrote there. Download again. Better download pixel 9

Flash vbmeta after flashing rom
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 12:43pm On Jan 02, 2020
GrandMufti:

It is corrupt nam that's what they wrote there. Download again. Better download pixel 9

Flash vbmeta after flashing rom
1.custom ROM
2. Vbmeta
Can I arrange them in a row and flash once or
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 1:03pm On Jan 02, 2020
eby001:

1.custom ROM
2. Vbmeta
Can I arrange them in a row and flash once or
Yes
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by nani667: 1:10pm On Jan 02, 2020
eby001:

Better easy with all these GSI.. Else you stroll enter place of no return...

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 1:27pm On Jan 02, 2020
nani667:

Better easy with all these GSI.. Else you stroll enter place of no return...
shocked shocked odikwa risky. In fact overwhelmingly risky.
Before I turn to engr 'kinlosunmidebe'
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by shosky1794: 1:29pm On Jan 02, 2020
scotweezy:

I await your feedback.

Battery back up is great for an over 2-year old phone. Notice some bearable bugs though: Occasionally screen flickering(I guess this is due to the auto brightness), You can't play radio over the phone speaker, Bluetooth always running in the background, etc.

There's a new update 11.0.5.2. If I'm to update to the new version, do I still need to do a wipe(system/vendor, etc.)

cc: GrandMufti

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 1:38pm On Jan 02, 2020
shosky1794:

Battery back up is great for an over 2-year old phone. Notice some bearable bugs though: Occasionally screen flickering(I guess this is due to the auto brightness), You can't play radio over the phone speaker, Bluetooth always running in the background, etc.

There's a new update 11.0.5.2. If I'm to update to the new version, do I still need to do a wipe(system/vendor, etc.)

Just Dalvik and cache. But it's optional if it's the same rom
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by shosky1794: 1:42pm On Jan 02, 2020
GrandMufti:

Thanks
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 1:55pm On Jan 02, 2020
Psychodavidovic:

Exactly
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by scotweezy(m): 3:00pm On Jan 02, 2020
shosky1794:

I am not really noticing any screen flickering, maybe it's just me cos I have seen a lot of people complain generally about this bug on ported MIUI roms for Note 4.
Concerning radio not playing over the loudspeaker I guess you need to either plug in an earphone for the first time and restart the radio app or wipe the cache/data of the radio app.
Bluetooth is working as it should on my phone.

I will advise you try and re-install the rom following the instructions judiciously i.e. wipe system/cache/data/ dalvick and vendor before flashing the rom. Don't forget to wipe cache after installation too.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by scotweezy(m): 3:03pm On Jan 02, 2020
GrandMufti:

According to the developer, the initial instructions for flashing the previous version must be followed. Wiping cache and Dalvik alone might result in conflicts of newly ported features with old ones.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by scotweezy(m): 3:10pm On Jan 02, 2020
@shosky1794, the developer of that rom is taking a new direction in the implementation of his rom thanks to two additional flashable files he uploaded on the 1st of this year.
These recovery flashable files are about 200MB+ and as he stated are like OTA update to add extra features to the rom, just that you can't download them through the normal OTA process.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by shosky1794: 3:32pm On Jan 02, 2020
scotweezy:

I am not really noticing any screen flickering, maybe it's just me cos I have seen a lot of people complain generally about this bug on ported MIUI roms for Note 4.
Concerning radio not playing over the loudspeaker I guess you need to either plug in an earphone for the first time and restart the radio app or wipe the cache/data of the radio app.
Bluetooth is working as it should on my phone.

I will advise you try and re-install the rom following the instructions judiciously i.e. wipe system/cache/data/ dalvick and vendor before flashing the rom. Don't forget to wipe cache after installation too.

Thank you. To be honest I'm not complaining about the ROM. I can live with all those things I mentioned. No ROM is perfect or bug-less after all.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by shosky1794: 3:37pm On Jan 02, 2020
scotweezy:
@shosky1794, the developer of that rom is taking a new direction in the implementation of his rom thanks to two additional flashable files he uploaded on the 1st of this year.
These recovery flashable files are about 200MB+ and as he stated are like OTA update to add extra features to the rom, just that you can't download them through the normal OTA process.

I actually saw a full ROM(11.0.5.2) which is an update to the the one I'm on. It was posted on 25/12/2019.
What do you suggest? Should I just flash the new files or download the full ROM update
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by scotweezy(m): 3:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
shosky1794:

I actually saw a full ROM(11.0.5.2) which is an update to the the one I'm on. It was posted on 25/12/2019.
What do you suggest? Should I just flash the new files or download the full ROM update
I have seen the latest version too, but I am skeptical on flashing the rom for now.
If the new files you are referring to are those 2 files I stated in my previous reply, you will need to flash the 11.0.5.2 version before you can flash either of those two files depending on what you prefer.
One is for performance while the other is for better Battery backup.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by shosky1794: 4:21pm On Jan 02, 2020
scotweezy:

I have seen the latest version too, but I am skeptical on flashing the rom for now.
If the new files you are referring to are those 2 files I stated in my previous reply, you will need to flash the 11.0.5.2 version before you can flash either of those two files depending on what you prefer.
One is for performance while the other is for better Battery backup.

Alright. Thanks
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 5:04pm On Jan 02, 2020
@eby001

I've got my stuff ready. Porting between today and tomorrow

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 8:01pm On Jan 02, 2020
olayinkajnr:
@eby001

I've got my stuff ready. Porting between today and tomorrow
After you boss, I don't want to enter lalaland.
Share where you get all this stuff in this season of unlimited lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.