Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,408 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (298643 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:39am On Dec 30, 2019
eby001:

I've done this too. Also, I try just to wipe only dalvuk.cache.vendor system.data only buy still same issue. Inability to decrypt drive and prompting me for password Still couldn't read the internal storage.

Or is it because I still have my mi account logged in?

I said format, not wipe.

Format will erase your phone. That's how to decrypt
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:42am On Dec 30, 2019
This

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by 2kurupt(m): 8:00am On Dec 30, 2019
GrandMufti:

I dey get mad battery juice aswear cool

On the contrary my battery is not holding up like it used to. Can't blame ion ROM because I started noticing that with miui.eu which is why I switched.

I now get 20% plus drainage over night with data off. Or is my battery getting due for a change?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 8:03am On Dec 30, 2019
2kurupt:

On the contrary my battery is not holding up like it used to. Can't blame ion ROM because I started noticing that with miui.eu which is why I switched.

I now get 20% plus drainage over night with data off. Or is my battery getting due for a change?

Ah!

Dirty flash the rom again.

You can also use greenify
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by 2kurupt(m): 9:07am On Dec 30, 2019
GrandMufti:

Ah!

Dirty flash the rom again.

You can also use greenify

I'll give it a try
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 9:32am On Dec 30, 2019
GrandMufti:

I said format, not wipe.

Format will erase your phone. That's how to decrypt
I'll give it a try
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:37am On Dec 30, 2019
eby001:
Done, same issue

Does your phone reboot to Twrp or stock recovery?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 10:50am On Dec 30, 2019
GrandMufti:

Does your phone reboot to Twrp or stock recovery?

Thanks boss, figured it out with the image you upload

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 9:20pm On Dec 31, 2019
GrandMufti:

finally entered bootloop while trying to install havocOS 3.0. the bad thingis i did not do a proper backup todo a recovery.pls any solution

cc: gptech, grandmufti
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:39pm On Dec 31, 2019
eby001:

finally entered bootloop while trying to install havocOS 3.0. the bad thingis i did not do a proper backup todo a recovery.pls any solution

cc: gptech, grandmufti

What exactly happened?
What was your previous os?
What and what did you do?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 2:05am On Jan 01, 2020
GrandMufti:

What exactly happened?
What was your previous os?
What and what did you do?
I'm on miui11.2.0 previously. Trying to install custom ROM(havocOS) on my redmi7. I didn't back up properly so cannot restored. So pls, I just suffered myself. Abeg hep me.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 3:08am On Jan 01, 2020
eby001:

I'm on miui11.2.0 previously. Trying to install custom ROM(havocOS) on my redmi7. I didn't back up properly so cannot restored. So pls, I just suffered myself. Abeg hep me.

You are not helping matters

One solution will be flash miui fastboot rom, but you'll lose all files.

So you need to list the steps you used in flashing the custom rom. There are certain things you do prior to flashing a rom. That's the only way we can minimise data loss
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 7:43am On Jan 01, 2020
GrandMufti:

You are not helping matters

One solution will be flash miui fastboot rom, but you'll lose all files.

So you need to list the steps you used in flashing the custom rom. There are certain things you do prior to flashing a rom. That's the only way we can minimise data loss

bootloader unlocked
twrp recovery flashed

so i boot in recovery, did the back up, but the backup i did was still to the internal storage i think or was not done
try to installed the havoc v3 i downloaded from redmi7 page on telegram.........
reboot.......shows redmi logo and unlocked notification below, but blank out and repeat the redmi logo stuff.
i can still boot into custom recovery(twrp) and that is the only option to switch off the phone. i beg lodun tun tun cry cry cry
i swear i will not attempt it again. i dey ibadan, if i can get help. cry
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 7:55am On Jan 01, 2020
eby001:

bootloader unlocked
twrp recovery flashed

so i boot in recovery, did the back up, but the backup i did was still to the internal storage i think or was not done
try to installed the havoc v3 i downloaded from redmi7 page on telegram.........
reboot.......shows redmi logo and unlocked notification below, but blank out and repeat the redmi logo stuff.
i can still boot into custom recovery(twrp) and that is the only option to switch off the phone. i beg lodun tun tun cry cry cry
just calm down bro. Since your bootloader is unlocked and you can still boot into recovery, then you don't have any problem, you can download any miui recovery Rom (custom or stock) then do a clean install. You should be able to access your storage on the system if the proper drivers have been installed otherwise, just use an Sd-card or otg flash drive
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 8:00am On Jan 01, 2020
mathefaro:
just calm down bro. Since your bootloader is unlocked and you can still boot into recovery, then you don't have any problem, you can download any miui recovery Rom (custom or stock) then do a clean install. You should be able to access your storage on the system if the proper drivers have been installed otherwise, just use an Sd-card or otg flash drive
i'll try it out, but not easy trying this shit out without a backup phone. hope getting full recovery rom for my phone model is ok.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 8:09am On Jan 01, 2020
eby001:

i try it out, but not easy trying this shit out without a backup phone. hope getting full recovery rom for my phone model is ok.
Yes. Which part of Ibadan are you in?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 8:32am On Jan 01, 2020
mathefaro:
Yes. Which part of Ibadan are you in?
iyana bodija
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 8:44am On Jan 01, 2020
eby001:

bootloader unlocked
twrp recovery flashed

If you want to move from one rom to another, you have to boot into Twrp and wipe everything except internal storage, SD card or otg . That was what you missed.

Wipe>advanced wipe

After wiping then flash the rom and reboot. Rebooting here will take about 5 mins.

Tried calling you though

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 9:39am On Jan 01, 2020
GrandMufti:

If you want to move from one rom to another, you have to boot into Twrp and wipe everything except internal storage, SD card or otg . That was what you missed.

Wipe>advanced wipe

After wiping then flash the rom and reboot. Rebooting here will take about 5 mins.

Tried calling you though
please step to step guide
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:46am On Jan 01, 2020
eby001:

1. boot into Twrp Then go to Wipe>advanced wipe

2. Select everything except internal storage, SD card or otg. Then wipe

3. Go back to main Twrp menu to install Havoc OS
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 2:23pm On Jan 01, 2020
eby001:

iyana bodija
After following the guide up there given by the Grandpa himself, and you still have any issue, let me know I'm in Agbowo, close to UI.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 5:18pm On Jan 01, 2020
eby001:

I've done this too. Also, I try just to wipe only dalvuk.cache.vendor system.data only buy still same issue. Inability to decrypt drive and prompting me for password Still couldn't read the internal storage.

Or is it because I still have my mi account logged in?

Factory reset via TWRP. The one with yes. It'll remove the encryption.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 5:21pm On Jan 01, 2020
eby001:

You need to flash vbmeta on your Redmi 7 before you can flash AOSP based ROM just like Havoc.

If you don't, you'll enter bootloop, which was what happened with your device. There's a flashable file for vbmeta. Flash it, then try the havoc OS ROM again.

Also, make use of LineR TWRP recovery. It's the most stable for Redmi 7.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 5:23pm On Jan 01, 2020
GrandMufti:

1. boot into Twrp Then go to Wipe>advanced wipe

2. Select everything except internal storage, SD card or otg. Then wipe

3. Go back to main Twrp menu to install Havoc OS
Thanks boss, I now realize why people loves grandmufti wink. Pls help me with pixel experience or syberiaOS to install. I install using recovery room for miui11. My device: redmi7 3gb/64
Cc: olayinkajnr, mathefaro,

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 5:29pm On Jan 01, 2020
eby001:

Thanks boss, I now realize why people loves grandmufti wink. Pls help me with pixel experience or syberiaOS to install. I install using recovery room for miui11. My device: redmi7 3gb/64

You need pixel experience 10 or 9?

Also, you'll need to flash vbmeta o. If you haven't. If not, he go bootloop again. You need vbmeta if you are flashing AOSP based ROM on Redmi 7. Let me fetch link for all.

Pixel Experience 10- https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1fhr4SLEdXQDFgygWFOlrCAIo2jy3qU_U&export=download

Pixel Experience 9- https://drive.google.com/file/d/16L2TmLDDvryFdXU5t0mZtuD3UBrvx4KR/view

Note, gapps is already included.

flashable vbmeta- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1--kVsTYvdjQa42-tI_mKbKMd6a511khG/view?usp=drivesdk

Flash before the ROM.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 5:34pm On Jan 01, 2020
eby001:

Pixel no too get customisation https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1fhr4SLEdXQDFgygWFOlrCAIo2jy3qU_U&export=download

Also avoid any GSI rom for now
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 5:44pm On Jan 01, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Also, you'll need to flash vbmeta o. If you haven't. If not, he go bootloop again. You need vbmeta if you are flashing AOSP based ROM on Redmi 7. Let me fetch link for all.

Pixel Experience 10- https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1fhr4SLEdXQDFgygWFOlrCAIo2jy3qU_U&export=download

Pixel Experience 9- https://drive.google.com/file/d/16L2TmLDDvryFdXU5t0mZtuD3UBrvx4KR/view

flashable vbmeta- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1--kVsTYvdjQa42-tI_mKbKMd6a511khG/view?usp=drivesdk

Flash before the ROM.

Yes correct
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 5:54pm On Jan 01, 2020
olayinkajnr:

You need to flash vbmeta on your Redmi 7 before you can flash AOSP based ROM just like Havoc.

If you don't, you'll enter bootloop, which was what happened with your device. There's a flashable file for vbmeta. Flash it, then try the havoc OS ROM again.

Also, make use of LineR TWRP recovery. It's the most stable for Redmi 7.

Ok, you mean I should have flash vbmeta first, thanks for the guardiance. I have a lot to learn to learn. Please as s complete noob, pls help with step by step to install the prerequisites before this custom ROM.

Even sef I'm just getting used to some terminologies like gapp, bootloop, etc
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 5:57pm On Jan 01, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Flash before the ROM.
Using the recovery or fastboot mode
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 6:02pm On Jan 01, 2020
eby001:

Ok, you mean I should have flash vbmeta first, thanks for the guardiance. I have a lot to learn to learn. Please as s complete noob, pls help with step by step to install the prerequisites before this custom ROM.

Even sef I'm just getting used to some terminologies like gapp, bootloop, etc
That's how it all starts my brother. We all started as complete noobs. Just make sure you read age follow instructions carefully. But in everything you do, make sure you have a backup/recovery Rom stored externally and that bootloader is unlocked.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 6:03pm On Jan 01, 2020
eby001:

Using the recovery or fastboot mode
recovery
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 6:15pm On Jan 01, 2020
GrandMufti:

Pixel no too get customisation https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1fhr4SLEdXQDFgygWFOlrCAIo2jy3qU_U&export=download

Also avoid any GSI rom for now

GSI ROM? I'm just bored of miui bro
Need to try another things. Westin I gain after unlocking bootloader if I no use custom rom.
Hope pixel experience is not GSI too.

Also got this on XDA developer, is it important I use liner twrp

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.