Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,026 members, 7,814,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (299273 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2020
curryjuniour:

I flashed corvus os v6.5 with gitgapps.
Also I flashed predator kernel v7. 7.
A guy on telegram that giuided me from a-z without asking for a dime. I get luck grin
It's perfect.
One more question, I have no idea on how to install gcam and which is best for my device.
The tutorials on YouTube are not helping at all.

Check corvus telegram group or your device channel. You should have better options there.

Give review of the rom latter
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 4:35pm On Jun 27, 2020
bareal:

No, not stuck on mi logo, just didn't boot to recovery again, boots straight to system when I tried to boot to recovery.

Ok use the older version that worked
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 7:35pm On Jun 27, 2020
Shegun010:
Boss Olayinkjnr abeg come out me through too. I use a Redmi Note 7 too.

I saw on telegram that you're in the same location that I'm in. We can possibly hook-up sir.

Message me on telegram.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by curryjuniour(m): 1:50am On Jun 28, 2020
GrandMufti:

Check corvus telegram group or your device channel. You should have better options there.

Give review of the rom latter

Ok.
But for now no issues cool

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by OmoDavido(m): 8:16am On Jun 28, 2020
curryjuniour:

Ok.
look similar to my Oxygen OS.
Though I am on the the process of flashing Corvus os too. Because I heard it is a good rom for gaming. And has more customizations.

My mistake was that I already downloaded the one with in built gapps, and according to the review from Corvus group, the one with inbuilt gapps use more phone ram compared to the one with no gapps.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 8:22am On Jun 28, 2020
Latest update. cool

New Charging Animations. grin

3 Likes

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 9:05am On Jun 28, 2020
OmoDavido:
Though I am on the the process of flashing Corvus os too. Because I heard it is a good rom for gaming. And has more customizations.

My mistake was that I already downloaded the one with in built gapps, and according to the review from Corvus group, the one with inbuilt gapps use more phone ram compared to the one with no gapps.

Flashing the one with built-in gapps will save you the hassles.

And know that flashing the vanilla version will require to flash gapps too. So, get stuffs in handy before proceeding.

ROM, GAPPS and Magisk
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:10am On Jun 28, 2020
curryjuniour:

Ok.

Nice. enjoy
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 9:15am On Jun 28, 2020
cheesy for those on MIUI 12

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Jacobx007: 9:22am On Jun 28, 2020
Guys just flash Evolution x 4.4 and enjoy a perfect ROM for the moment

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by HowGlorious: 9:40am On Jun 28, 2020
Jacobx007:
Guys just flash Evolution x 4.4 and enjoy a perfect ROM for the moment
Which phone?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by OmoDavido(m): 9:49am On Jun 28, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Flashing the one with built-in gapps will save you the hassles.

And know that flashing the vanilla version will require to flash gapps too. So, get stuffs in handy before proceeding.

ROM, GAPPS and Magisk
Good morning my boss, please come telegram.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by curryjuniour(m): 10:03am On Jun 28, 2020
OmoDavido:

Download gitgapps separately
Then flash corvus,
Gapps and
Magisk latest version at the same time.
Then flash magisk again after the phone has loaded.
Make sure you use the latest version of orange recovery tool.
If it get stuck on corvus loading screen after flashing all three, go back to recovery and format data.
Only data
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 10:09am On Jun 28, 2020
curryjuniour:

Then flash corvus,
Gapps and

Pro
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by curryjuniour(m): 10:15am On Jun 28, 2020
GrandMufti:

Pro

Lol grin
Na small small we go dey learn.

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by OmoDavido(m): 10:16am On Jun 28, 2020
curryjuniour:

Then flash corvus,
Gapps and
You didn't flash the latest firmware for your phone in your own case?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by curryjuniour(m): 10:19am On Jun 28, 2020
OmoDavido:
You didn't flash the latest firmware for your phone in your own case? And the version I downloaded has inbuilt gapps, do I need to download and Flash another gapps separately again?

I had miui 11 before I started anything at all.
Also you have to download gapps separately and flash separately.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by curryjuniour(m): 10:21am On Jun 28, 2020
curryjuniour:

Then flash corvus,
Gapps and
Make sure you use the latest version of orange recovery tool.
If it get stuck on corvus loading screen after flashing all three, go back to recovery and format data.
Only data

On corvus telegram page they said we should flash gapps separately
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 10:30am On Jun 28, 2020
curryjuniour:

I had miui 11 before I started anything at all.
Also you have to download gapps separately and flash separately.

Please do not confuse him, he just ventured into the tweaking world.

In his case, he downloaded the one with in-built gapps. So he don't need to download gapps and flash.

Normally, there are two variants.

Gapps Variant (the one he downloaded) - it doesn't require gapps since it's already in-built.

Vanilla variant (the one without gapps) - this is the one that requires one downloading gapps separately and flashing and it depends on the type of gapps self. Some full gapps will return you back to custom recovery if you reboot.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 10:31am On Jun 28, 2020
curryjuniour:

On corvus telegram page they said we should flash gapps separately

That's because you had a vanilla version. Flashing gapps on a gapps version na him dey mostly cause make ROMs get issues and phone hang and lags due to conflicting configs.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by OmoDavido(m): 10:47am On Jun 28, 2020
Done.. cool

2 Likes

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by curryjuniour(m): 11:55am On Jun 28, 2020
olayinkajnr:

That's because you had a vanilla version. Flashing gapps on a gapps version na him dey mostly cause make ROMs get issues and phone hang and lags due to conflicting configs.

I'm on lavender
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by curryjuniour(m): 11:55am On Jun 28, 2020
OmoDavido:
Done.. cool

Nice grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 12:04pm On Jun 28, 2020
curryjuniour:

I'm on lavender

I know. He's on Lavender too. But while flashing, be careful what you flash o. Especially kernel. Make Una case no go dey like some Poco F1 guys wey go flash one kernel and in turn damaged their devices. The guy that developed the kernel wanted to use that opportunity to cash out. He alone could fix it then but he charged them money for the shit he caused.

That's why I always prefer perf+ kernel (stock kernel).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by OmoDavido(m): 12:32pm On Jun 28, 2020
curryjuniour:

Nice grin
Lol. But I still prefer my Oxygen OS to this o.

But before I go back. I will try Evolution X rom too.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by curryjuniour(m): 3:33pm On Jun 28, 2020
olayinkajnr:

I know. He's on Lavender too. But while flashing, be careful what you flash o. Especially kernel. Make Una case no go dey like some Poco F1 guys wey go flash one kernel and in turn damaged their devices. The guy that developed the kernel wanted to use that opportunity to cash out. He alone could fix it then but he charged them money for the shit he caused.

That's why I always prefer perf+ kernel (stock kernel).

I ask from plenty guys before flashing anything on my phone.
I'm using pred7. 7 and it works fine
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by curryjuniour(m): 3:34pm On Jun 28, 2020
OmoDavido:

Lol.
Corvus os is the best for gaming
Give me feedback on evolution x rom after flashing it.
Thanks
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Jacobx007: 3:39pm On Jun 28, 2020
OmoDavido:

I hv been flashing roms up n down, from pixel experience to havoc, Revos etc.
Evolution X 4.4 is a good daily driver, no bug n very stable
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by OmoDavido(m): 3:41pm On Jun 28, 2020
curryjuniour:

Lol.
Corvus os is the best for gaming
Give me feedback on evolution x rom after flashing it.
Thanks
The Corvus os was not so smooth on my phone. Maybe it was 3gb ram issue or because I flashed the one with in-built gapps. But I moved to Evolution X immediately. And it is just as sleek and smooth like the Oxygen OS

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by OmoDavido(m): 3:44pm On Jun 28, 2020
Jacobx007:

I hv been flashing roms up n down, from pixel experience to havoc, Revos etc.
Evolution X 4.4 is a good daily driver, no bug n very stable
You are right man. It is very smooth.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Jacobx007: 4:08pm On Jun 28, 2020
OmoDavido:
You are right man. It is very smooth.
I tell you, u will have peace of mind on this rom. I was changing roms because of one bug or d other till Firstbank said I can no longer use their application cos I hv reached the maximum device limit of 10, hd to call CC to hv some of the devices deleted. All ontop of one device

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.