Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (301663 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 8:40am On Oct 30, 2020
Deeni131:
ADB CMD couldnt see my twrp .I did all I could .I copied the twrp file to ADB folder but still the file was not recognised

It depends on the name of the recovery.

If you saved it with twrp.img,

Then ADB can only see it via this command:

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

But,

If you saved it with recovery.img,

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Also, note that you must place the twrp file into the ADB folder under program files.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Deeni131: 9:13am On Oct 30, 2020
olayinkajnr:

But,

Also, note that you must place the twrp file into the ADB folder under program files.

I saved it as twrp.img and I typed same in the CMD window but but it said no file with that name .I used minimal ADB . In changing the name ,what I did was,deleting the name and typed twrp.img. I don't know if that's why it didn't recognised it
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 10:03am On Oct 30, 2020
Deeni131:

I saved it as twrp.img and I tapped same in the CMD window but but it said no file with that name .I used minimal ADB . In changing the name ,what I did was,deleting the name and tapped twrp.img. I don't know if that's why it didn't recognised it

Send me a pm to telegram: OlayinkaJnr is my username so I can share ADB drivers and tools with you. Uninstall that minimal ADB.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Deeni131: 11:01am On Oct 30, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Send me a pm to telegram: OlayinkaJnr is my username so I can share ADB drivers and tools with you. Uninstall that minimal ADB.

All my apps are gone now .u can send the link here .thank alot
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 11:02am On Oct 30, 2020
Deeni131:

He can't attach files here.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Jemerson: 11:12am On Oct 30, 2020
Deeni131:

Download telegram for pc
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 1:11pm On Oct 30, 2020
Deeni131:

I don't have the link. I only have the app. Google adb setup.exe

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Deeni131: 9:36pm On Oct 30, 2020
Pls guys can I manually update a phone with unlocked bootloader?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by HowGlorious: 10:18pm On Oct 30, 2020
Deeni131:
Pls guys can I manually update a phone with unlocked bootloader?

Yes if you haven't installed a custom recovery like twrp or orange fox recovery.
If you have installed a custom recovery, u should download the full ROM and flash d ROM manually
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Deeni131: 11:19am On Oct 31, 2020
HowGlorious:

Yes if you haven't installed a custom recovery like twrp or orange fox recovery.
If you have installed a custom recovery, u should download the full ROM and flash d ROM manually

I didn't change any partition only bootloader that's unlocked . Thank u very much . .I was afarid to brick the phone..
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 11:02am On Nov 01, 2020
Happy new month

2 Likes

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Deeni131: 8:17pm On Nov 01, 2020
Done!

2 Likes

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by nani667: 7:51pm On Nov 02, 2020
busuyi44:
Happy new month

✔️

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Deeni131: 1:03pm On Nov 06, 2020
olayinkajnr:

But,

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by kingofthemall: 10:51am On Nov 07, 2020
Who knows how I can uninstall latest windows updated software on Xiaomi redmi note 7
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by scovic33: 9:44pm On Nov 07, 2020
How to root xiaomi redmi note 9s?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:52pm On Nov 07, 2020
scovic33:
Google
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 7:52am On Nov 08, 2020
scovic33:
Check the first page of this thread for guide on how to unlock bootloader, then install a custom recovery from which you then flash magisk zip to obtain root
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Habiodunz(m): 1:25pm On Nov 08, 2020
Can an OTA update still be installed after rooting my phone??
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 3:43pm On Nov 08, 2020
Habiodunz:

Which phone?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 08, 2020
who is using EU rom on redmi note 7
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Habiodunz(m): 8:59pm On Nov 08, 2020
busuyi44:

Which phone?

Note 9 pro
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by HowGlorious: 5:13am On Nov 09, 2020
Habiodunz:

Safer to download and install the full recovery ROM for your phone manually with a custom recovery e g TWRP and re flash Magisk to regain root access

Cc: Deeni131
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Deeni131: 2:05pm On Nov 09, 2020
HowGlorious:

Safer to download and install the full recovery ROM for your phone manually with a custom recovery e g TWRP and re flash Magisk to regain root access

Cc: Deeni131
OK. Please any news about miui12
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by jesse8048(m): 4:26am On Nov 10, 2020
Good morning bosses, I'm in a hot soup. My redmi 5plus can boot beyond MI logo. I've tried volume down and power, volume up and power. Only power button too, same thing. Please what else should I do, can anyone help me recover the phone please.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Kashif(m): 8:59am On Nov 10, 2020
jesse8048:
Good morning bosses, I'm in a hot soup. My redmi 5plus can boot beyond MI logo. I've tried volume down and power, volume up and power. Only power button too, same thing. Please what else should I do, can anyone help me recover the phone please.

Keenly following...
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 11:29am On Nov 10, 2020
jesse8048:

Cc: Grandmufti, OlayinkaJnr
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 11:42am On Nov 10, 2020
jesse8048:

Is your bootloader unlocked?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 12:35pm On Nov 10, 2020
olayinkajnr:

I was about to type the same thing
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by jesse8048(m): 1:29pm On Nov 10, 2020
olayinkajnr:

No, it's not, once tried it but can't remember if went through.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 1:51pm On Nov 15, 2020
Welcome back home after the sojourn to land of custom ROMS (Masik, Miui Mix, RevOs, RR, Derpfest and Corvus). No place like home!!

Tweaking suspended until further notice cheesy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.