Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (299421 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2020
John131:

Pls guide me , I wanna unlock bootloader,install twrp and root my redmi note 8. Files I need on my pc and the magisk I should use to avoid bootloop. I don't change ROM on my ohines,only rooting.

https://c.mi.com/thread-1635834-1-1.html

Use the method in this link to unlock bootloader.

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 8:04am On Oct 21, 2020
Finally got a working Magisk.debug.zip enabled
Derpfest ROM android 11

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by abdsamad(m): 2:41pm On Oct 21, 2020
busuyi44:
Finally got a working Magisk.debug.zip enabled
Derpfest ROM android 11

I gave up on my android 11 quest after several failed attempts. I'll stick with my eu rom till my brain starts to itch for a change cool
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Horiolah(m): 4:47pm On Oct 21, 2020
John131:

Did U unlock bootloader,if yes,how. And by now did got help in installing twrp.

I got a Chinese version, the seller unlocked it already. I'm still searching for who will help me oh.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 5:52pm On Oct 21, 2020
abdsamad:

I gave up on my android 11 quest after several failed attempts. I'll stick with my eu rom till my brain starts to itch for a change cool
Eyah !! What was the issue?

I flashed Derpfest android R with ease.
I formatted data (yes to format type, not just wipe to format)
Connected my type C OTG drive to my phone (I stored d zip files of the Derpfest ROM, DFE and vendor firmware on the OTG drive)
Flashed d vendor firmware first, then d Derpfest ROM and finally DFE.

D first magisk file booted to fastboot. I just reflashed the Derpfest ROM to reboot to system. I eventually got a modded magisk.debug.zip which I flashed successfully without issue
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by callydon(m): 6:16pm On Oct 21, 2020
abdsamad:

I don't know ur phone model, but in RN7 I flashed Weeb projekt ROM (by LetsMakeCakes) and it's been a smooth journey.

For root,I flashed "MagiskCU.Zip", you can read up on XDA for d tutorial on the Magisk.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by John131: 6:18pm On Oct 22, 2020
I have been given 162 hours to unlock my redmi note 8 bootloader. What should and shouldn't do now on my phone ?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 6:33pm On Oct 22, 2020
John131:
I have been given 162 hours to unlock my redmi note 8 bootloader. What should and shouldn't do now on my phone ?

Better backup all files because when the actual unlocking happens you will lose all files.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by John131: 10:42pm On Oct 22, 2020
genius43:

Better backup all files because when the actual unlocking happens you will lose all files.
I did that already with my mi cloud
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by John131: 11:02pm On Oct 22, 2020
Pls why must I use Universal DM-Verity, ForceEncrypt, Disk Quota Disabler . Can I go ahead and root my phone without using it .
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by abdsamad(m): 12:36am On Oct 23, 2020
busuyi44:

Eyah !! What was the issue?

I flashed Derpfest android R with ease.
I formatted data (yes to format type, not just wipe to format)
Connected my type C OTG drive to my phone (I stored d zip files of the Derpfest ROM, DFE and vendor firmware on the OTG drive)
Flashed d vendor firmware first, then d Derpfest ROM and finally DFE.

D first magisk file booted to fastboot. I just reflashed the Derpfest ROM to reboot to system. I eventually got a modded magisk.debug.zip which I flashed successfully without issue

Hmm.. I'll add this info to my collection. It'll come in handy when I'm feeling adventurous again smiley

Thanks
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by abdsamad(m): 12:36am On Oct 23, 2020
callydon:

I don't know ur phone model, but in RN7 I flashed Weeb projekt ROM (by LetsMakeCakes) and it's been a smooth journey.

For root,I flashed "MagiskCU.Zip", you can read up on XDA for d tutorial on the Magisk.

Thanks. I'm now a lot more confident
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 2:27am On Oct 23, 2020
John131:
Pls why must I use Universal DM-Verity, ForceEncrypt, Disk Quota Disabler . Can I go ahead and root my phone without using it .

Where did you see all those ones?

Better ask questions properly.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by samoy(m): 10:09am On Oct 23, 2020
Pls, where can I get Mi 9T or Mi note 10 lite and how much pls
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 11:22am On Oct 23, 2020
samoy:
Pls, where can I get Mi 9T or Mi note 10 lite and how much pls

Mi 9t 130-140k
Mi Note 10 lite 145-150k

Check Slot, Pointek or Raya or the thread store for used Mi 9T and some sellers have brand new Note 10 lite.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by John131: 11:37am On Oct 24, 2020
genius43:

Where did you see all those ones?

Better ask questions properly.

I saw it on one tutorial video,they said after installing twrp U have to flash universal Universal DM-Verity, ForceEncrypt, Disk Quota Disabler for U to be able to boot to system successfully. Otherwise u might end up in bootloop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5Dzq8y1RjU
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by abdsamad(m): 12:23pm On Oct 24, 2020
Orangefox for life!

cheesy
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 12:31pm On Oct 24, 2020
John131:

I saw it on one tutorial video,they said after installing twrp U have to flash universal Universal DM-Verity, ForceEncrypt, Disk Quota Disabler for U to be able to boot to system successfully. Otherwise u might end up in bootloop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5Dzq8y1RjU

They already told you what will happen if you don't flash it. If you still have doubt, try flashing without them. Make me sef learn
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by HowGlorious: 3:20pm On Oct 24, 2020
Check this channel Craxoid on You.Tube
U will see easy steps there to root your RN8

Cc: John131

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by John131: 3:38pm On Oct 24, 2020
HowGlorious:
Check this channel Craxoid on You.Tube
U will see easy steps there to root your RN8

Cc: John131

Already have the video from the channe'
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 6:36am On Oct 28, 2020
New features come on board

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by omoadeleye(m): 7:28am On Oct 29, 2020
I don't know know who can still remember the name of this font??

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 8:15am On Oct 29, 2020
omoadeleye:
I don't know know who can still remember the name of this font??

It's known as Rosemary

2 Likes

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by omoadeleye(m): 8:35am On Oct 29, 2020
olayinkajnr:

It's known as Rosemary

Thanks
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 1:00pm On Oct 29, 2020
Fresh from factory

Happy Eidel Mawlud!!

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 29, 2020
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Deeni131: 6:39pm On Oct 29, 2020
pls help after unlocking bootloader on redmi note 8 the phone wont recognise my password. i went to id.mi.com to see wether i can solve it there but didnt see where to solve the issue from there.pls its urgent,on my pc now.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 7:56pm On Oct 29, 2020
Deeni131:
pls help after unlocking bootloader on redmi note 8 the phone wont recognise my password. i went to id.mi.com to see wether i can solve it there but didnt see where to solve the issue from there.pls its urgent,on my pc now.

Cc: Grandmufti
Olayinkajnr
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 9:24pm On Oct 29, 2020
Deeni131:

A picture of the error you get will suffice.

Want to see the error it gives you as most times, this is caused by network.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Deeni131: 11:35pm On Oct 29, 2020
olayinkajnr:

A picture of the error you get will suffice.

Want to see the error it gives you as most times, this is caused by network.

Thanks I got the solution
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Deeni131: 11:37pm On Oct 29, 2020
busuyi44:

Cc: Grandmufti
Olayinkajnr

Problem solved
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Deeni131: 12:04am On Oct 30, 2020
ADB CMD couldnt see my twrp .I did all I could .I copied the twrp file to ADB folder but still the file was not recognised

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.