Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (299416 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by abdsamad(m): 6:09pm On Oct 09, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Less than 1% or none of members here have never used that ROM.

Ookay! So are you in that minority who has used it? smiley
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 7:58pm On Oct 09, 2020
abdsamad:

Ookay! So are you in that minority who has used it? smiley

I'm in the none category.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by abdsamad(m): 8:02pm On Oct 09, 2020
olayinkajnr:

I guess I'll have to be the Guinea pig. I didn't see any complain on the thread so i guess I'll just try it... As soon as i get my otg flash
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Airborne02(m): 9:56am On Oct 10, 2020
abdsamad:

I guess I'll have to be the Guinea pig. I didn't see any complain on the thread so i guess I'll just try it... As soon as i get my otg flash
pls which of this xiaomi is non mkt cus am sad i got d redmi note 9 and i was told its mkt.. I need change from mkt pls..
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by abdsamad(m): 10:11am On Oct 10, 2020
Airborne02:
pls which of this xiaomi is non mkt cus am sad i got d redmi note 9 and i was told its mkt.. I need change from mkt pls..

Umm... "which of the xiaomi" is too inclusive.
If you're interested in the Redmi note 9 then genius43 already answered the question as shown in the picture below

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Airborne02(m): 10:19am On Oct 10, 2020
abdsamad:

Umm... "which of the xiaomi" is too inclusive.
If you're interested in the Redmi note 9 then genius43 already answered the question as shown in the picture below
yes he replied to my post so i can customize my note 9. Thinking fo going MI9t.. Can it be customized.. I dont like bland and factory os
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by abdsamad(m): 12:06pm On Oct 10, 2020
Airborne02:
yes he replied to my post so i can customize my note 9. Thinking fo going MI9t.. Can it be customized.. I dont like bland and factory os

mi9t is snapdragon so i believe you can customize it to your hearts content though I'd wait to hear from the gurus.
me I'm a Novice

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 12:55pm On Oct 10, 2020
Airborne02:
I don't think you understand Genius' post. Of all the redmi notes in the 9 series, only note 9 has a mediatek chip. The others note 9s and note 9 pro which are entirely different phones have snapdragon processors on them.
However, if you've decided to skip the redmi line for Mi9T, it's also a very good choice.

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by macanthony25(m): 1:27pm On Oct 10, 2020
please can RN8 that entered water and got blind be fixed?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 1:58pm On Oct 10, 2020
macanthony25:
please can RN8 that entered water and got blind be fixed?

Yes it should.

When it entered water what were the actions you carried out?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by macanthony25(m): 2:59pm On Oct 10, 2020
genius43:

Yes it should.

When it entered water what were the actions you carried out?

nothing much,after shaking out some water,I turned it on and started using it till the brightness went dark completely
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 3:49pm On Oct 10, 2020
macanthony25:

nothing much,after shaking out some water,I turned it on and started using it till the brightness went dark completely

Things you don't do when your phone encounters water.

1. Charge

2. Turn it on when it haven't been dried properly.

The first DIY(Do It Yourself) is put the phone into rice and leave it for at least two days.
After then turn on, if it misbehaves then take it to a repairer to open and clean the phone for any leftover water.

Or You take it to a repairer immediately after the incident for proper cleaning and drying up.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by macanthony25(m): 3:57pm On Oct 10, 2020
genius43:

Things you don't do when your phone encounters water.

1. Charge

2. Turn it on when it haven't been dried properly.

The first DIY(Do It Yourself) is put the phone into rice and leave it for at least two days.
After then turn on, if it misbehaves then take it to a repairer to open and clean the phone for any leftover water.

Or You take it to a repairer immediately after the incident for proper cleaning and drying up.

noted
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 5:43pm On Oct 10, 2020
macanthony25:

noted

Take it to a good phone repairer to open it up and clean and dry it, then test. I just hope you won't end up buying a new display.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by macanthony25(m): 6:09pm On Oct 10, 2020
genius43:

Take it to a good phone repairer to open it up and clean and dry it, then test. I just hope you won't end up buying a new display.

how expensive is the new display pls?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 6:18pm On Oct 10, 2020
macanthony25:

how expensive is the new display pls?

I don't know, contact Macbeyland, he sells.

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Harrykn: 12:22pm On Oct 11, 2020
genius43:

I don't know, contact Macbeyland, he sells.
can i get the touchpad too Or isnt it possible to seperate its screen
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 12:28pm On Oct 11, 2020
Harrykn:
can i get the touchpad too Or isnt it possible to seperate its screen

It is not advisable.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Callsuffer: 12:35pm On Oct 11, 2020
I have a Bluetooth and Wi-Fi conflict in my phone when using wireless headphones. How do I fix this problem?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Harrykn: 12:37pm On Oct 11, 2020
genius43:

It is not advisable.
its a 50/50 game sha
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Harrykn: 12:37pm On Oct 11, 2020
genius43:

It is not advisable.
its a 50/50 game sha but i'll be happy to have the touch first
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by stephinnoyewole(m): 4:32pm On Oct 12, 2020
busuyi44:
Vince bootloader unlocked at very 1st attempt, no waiting for hrs or days and surprisingly no data loss.

GrandMufti what has changed?
Post procedures and files used
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 10:28pm On Oct 12, 2020
stephinnoyewole:

Post procedures and files used

Check mathefaro's on page 1 here
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by LaMujer: 4:55pm On Oct 14, 2020
Hi!

Afternoon, abeg.

I use R8

I had issues on stick rom, so I flashed Xiaomi.eu today. Since I flashed it, my phone no gree charge again.

I'm puzzled, because I have never heard rom changing affects charging. Doesn't make sense to me. But that's what happened.

NEPA brought light at past 4am, while I was backing up getting ready to flash. I plugged the phone, at 24%, and by the time the flashing was done, I had 20%. I didn't bother, really. But I finished restoring and everything, I dropped the phone around past 6, to charge. It wasn't charging, I kept changing the charger(i have 2 charger heads) every 10 mins because it was stuck, by 6:30 or so, it picked up and was charging.

Between 7 & 7:30, my phone charged 16%, and at 7:30, I went to sleep at 42%, believing it was done. I woke up past 10 to meet my phone at 55%.

I shock, I no understand. And the phone was off all the while. It didn't charge till now. It's giving me 0 or 1% in 10 mins, and that's very very frustrating.

I've tried 3 charger heads, and it's the same. I don't believe it's the rom either, cos I've flashed custom kernel on it.

I'm as puzzled, I'm thinking it's my cord or something, but shey charger dey spoil like that? I mean, it charged from 6:30 - 7:30, and without disconnecting or high voltage, it died?

Thanks
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 5:47pm On Oct 14, 2020
LaMujer:
Hi!

Afternoon, abeg.

I use R8

I had issues on stick rom, so I flashed Xiaomi.eu today. Since I flashed it, my phone no gree charge again.

I'm puzzled, because I have never heard rom changing affects charging. Doesn't make sense to me. But that's what happened.

NEPA brought light at past 4am, while I was backing up getting ready to flash. I plugged the phone, at 24%, and by the time the flashing was done, I had 20%. I didn't bother, really. But I finished restoring and everything, I dropped the phone around past 6, to charge. It wasn't charging, I kept changing the charger(i have 2 charger heads) every 10 mins because it was stuck, by 6:30 or so, it picked up and was charging.

Between 7 & 7:30, my phone charged 16%, and at 7:30, I went to sleep at 42%, believing it was done. I woke up past 10 to meet my phone at 55%.

I shock, I no understand. And the phone was off all the while. It didn't charge till now. It's giving me 0 or 1% in 10 mins, and that's very very frustrating.

I've tried 3 charger heads, and it's the same. I don't believe it's the rom either, cos I've flashed custom kernel on it.

I'm as puzzled, I'm thinking it's my cord or something, but shey charger dey spoil like that? I mean, it charged from 6:30 - 7:30, and without disconnecting or high voltage, it died?

Thanks

You can't take out the possibility of the ROM and custom Kernel. If you know what custom kernels can do then you will put at same position as the cord.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by LaMujer: 6:03pm On Oct 14, 2020
genius43:

You can't take out the possibility of the ROM and custom Kernel. If you know what custom kernels can do then you will put at same position as the cord.

I only flashed the kernel after the issue started, not before.

So, I have to go back to stock rom now, yeah?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 6:10pm On Oct 14, 2020
LaMujer:

I only flashed the kernel after the issue started, not before.

So, I have to go back to stock rom now, yeah?

Try another cord, if it continues you go back to stock
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by LaMujer: 6:21pm On Oct 14, 2020
genius43:

Try another cord, if it continues you go back to stock

Bless you
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Horiolah(m): 10:10pm On Oct 14, 2020
Who can help me install twrp on my Redmi note 8 (lagos), bootloader unlocked, ejo.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by abdsamad(m): 7:44am On Oct 15, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Greetings from your compulsory best friend cool

So I decided to go with a ROM that is less obscure for a start but I need some clarification on the instructions

What are they referring to when they say "flash FW 12..." and "flash dfe" and do i need to do that

Also, should i stick to wiping dalvik, cache, data or should i add system and vendor as i was instructed to last time

Also also, i came across microg as an alternative to gapps. Is this something you would recommend.

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:55am On Oct 15, 2020
abdsamad:

Greetings from your compulsory best friend cool

So I decided to go with a ROM that is less obscure for a start but I need some clarification on the instructions

What are they referring to when they say "flash FW 12..." and "flash dfe" and do i need to do that

Also, should i stick to wiping dalvik, cache, data or should i add system and vendor as i was instructed to last time

Also also, i came across microg as an alternative to gapps. Is this something you would recommend.

Follow the instructions as given by the developer. Search your device's group or the rom's telegram group for the firmware zip file and other required files.

Flash the recommended gapps as posted in your screenshot.

Wipe as shown only if you are switching to an entirely different rom.

Wipe Dalvik and cache only if you intend to update your rom

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.