Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed (5109 Views)

Happy 23rd Birthday To Me..advice Needed Too / My Broke Girlfriend Is Draining Me. Advice Me. / Masturbation Is Killing Me!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Alejoc(m): 9:15pm On Aug 26, 2018
Dont let anything rob you of your future!

1 Like

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 26, 2018
LivingFree:
Cc Chubhie
Cc WORDWORLD

Please help a brother

What advice again when your choice of moniker is more than enough advice wink: LIVINGFREE.

Yea, he should FREE his mind. Nobody can do that for him except HIMSELF. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 26, 2018
WORDWORLD:

What advice again when your choice of moniker is more than enough advice wink: LIVING.FREE.

Yea, he should FREE his mind. Nobody can do that for him except HIMSELF. Cheers

Yes grin but he needs to know how Livinfree took me years of work, I didn't wake up one day and become free, I had to free myself.

I was blessed because had the guidance of our resident angel: mindfulness, who introduced me to her husband Echart Tolle and with his help I released myself from the prison of my mind. Maybe she'll appear sense I called her name 3 times grin

2 Likes

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by doctore212(m): 9:34pm On Aug 26, 2018
Mine is just simple. Look for a sex doll and thank me later
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:37pm On Aug 26, 2018
Well you have to make peace with ur past, if u wrong anybody ask for forgiveness, if you dey with person moni just pay the person back. Most times feeling of guilt kills faster than the real death.

You know what exactly you have done in the past so go back and settle it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 26, 2018
LivingFree:

Yes grin but he needs to know how Livinfree took me years of work, I didn't wake up one day and become free, I had to free myself.

I was blessed because had the guidance of our resident angel: mindfulness, who introduced me to her husband Echart Tolle and with his help I released myself from the prison of my mind. Maybe she'll appear sense I called her name 3 times grin

Since you've been PRIVILEGED, hence it has become your RESPONSIBILITY to tell him what you know.

With PRIVILEGES comes alot of RESPONSIBILITIES. grin

LIVINGFREE it's your turn to teach him how to free himself from the prison of his mind. SHOW HIM THE PATH. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Dannieln1: 9:55pm On Aug 26, 2018
I don't even know what u guys are saying
Na street dem born me...
If u carry mataz come we cut give u ur own

And if u betray me...
I put u below
Or act like say I no knw u ooo

Na money sure pass
If e pass money we no dey there

To be honest I've never been there
U tryna shiit I pounce on you
It's simple I can't be used as object of caricature.

1 Like

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 26, 2018
WORDWORLD:

Since you've been PRIVILEGED, hence it has become your RESPONSIBILITY to tell him what you know.

With PRIVILEGES comes alot of RESPONSIBILITIES. grin

LIVINGFREE it's your turn to teach him how to free himself from the prison of his mind. SHOW HIM THE PATH. cheesy

You have come to crack jokes! grin
Oya go I have this one under control. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Chubhie: 10:06pm On Aug 26, 2018
Someday, you would look back in hindsight and thank those your friends who seems to be making your life hell today for holding a mirror to you.

Welcome to your baptism of fire. Your current approach will land you faster to your doom. Don't resist this! Accept your current weakened position, embrace it wholeheartedly and redesign yourself.

Drop James hardly chase and read The Laws Of Power and The Prince to first understand the game some humans would play with you.

When Fathers have abandoned their duties, this is the fallout.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Chubhie: 10:14pm On Aug 26, 2018
JESUSBOIY:
OK. I have the same problem too, maybe mine is worst lols . My own is that ,(I could be talking to you and shaking for no reason), i get panic attacks alot, sometimes i become afraid for no reason and most people have taken advantage of me because of this. This days i stay indoors to avoid social activities so I don't get embarrassed.
You can't hide forever you know? You could go to work on yourself and become the head honcho guy chicks swarm around if that's what makes you happy.

Reinvent yourself before change brutally catches up with you in your hiding place. it would be epic embarrassment!
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Chubhie: 10:20pm On Aug 26, 2018
anxiousguy:
Now you have just explained all I couldn't explain. This is exactly what I'm passing through. Inferiority complex is another battle I'd fight
Inferior about your body or intelligence? Both these can be worked on if you put in the work.

Programmers ain't dull people. You need lots of beans in your system and then hit the gym.
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by chucs: 10:26pm On Aug 26, 2018
Please visit a psychologist or a psychiatric doctor. I think u are in the early onset of anxiety disorder. U need talk therapy.
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by nullboss: 11:36pm On Aug 26, 2018
JESUSBOIY:
OK. I have the same problem too, maybe mine is worst lols . My own is that ,(I could be talking to you and shaking for no reason), i get panic attacks alot, sometimes i become afraid for no reason and most people have taken advantage of me because of this. This days i stay indoors to avoid social activities so I don't get embarrassed.
You stutter?
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 27, 2018
Like seriously OP I had the same fall out with my guys last two month .we started together as best friends when we just resumed school as undergraduate till we got into level two.you see this guys I treated them like brothers and always helped and advised them concerning life and it challenges and how to help yourself become greater in life well fast forward from December this guys started making so much money and feeling too important over me which I didn't mind at all cause i know myself and i know my worth but the fact is I don't like to show off to my friends and their think an broke or am not up to their standards anymore ..
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 27, 2018
lol I laughed to myself but the truth is have really suffered and I dont want to trust this guys with my personal life although we are in the same business but I have more experience than them but with the ideas I shared with them and my help things worked out for them though no form of respect was given to me like I didn't do anything for them well no problem I didn't get annoyed with that but as life may have it ,i bought my car ,furnished my apartment so madly but still this guys in question wants to know how I make it and all but I dont trust them with my words or secrets anymore I just tag along with them not to look like am jealous or we are enemies but later on
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 27, 2018
it finally happened I pulled the plug myself and decided not to be friends anymore with them cause one of the guys out of this friends said something bad to me that really hurts my feelings but as the matured guy among them and the shot have been through I respect myself and said it over. So how it relates to you OP I felt the same way

1 Like

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 27, 2018
going to classes and having that shock but the truth is just face your fears and don't sit near this friends and don't look at them just go straight home after lectures and be happy talk to other people in your class to be happy.dont mind my typo I was busy writing this out cause they are more to the stories but I will just drop the summaries cause am still damn angry till now but sometimes I miss them though ..

1 Like

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by paulpery: 12:35am On Aug 27, 2018
It might be panic attack. See your doctor
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by blessedvisky(m): 3:05am On Aug 27, 2018
I was in a similar situation but I came out stronger and now, I don't give a fk about anyone except those who are beneficial to me. Let me share some tips with you

1) You are the owner of your life. I mean this 100 percent
.2) Alone you came to this world and alone you will leave (NOBODY IS WORTH DYING FOR)

3) There is freedom of association. I decide who gets to be my friend and once they fk up, I simply cut off communication ( I did this with 3 friends I practically grew up with). Today, I have a lot of other friends and they actually look up to me, not looking down on me

4) You need to take charge of your life fully

5) The world will not stop for a second if you die. Same thing applies if you lose a few friends either willfully or otherwise.

Think on these things bro

PS : I used to be an introvert, overtrusting and shy but I'm none of those things today. Took me over a year to master and accept those truths tho. Cc Anxiousguy
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 27, 2018
LivingFree:

You have come to crack jokes! grin
Oya go I have this one under control. cool
grin

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by jackyraw09: 7:21am On Aug 27, 2018
i see a lot of jewels in this topic. I face a lot last year because i was also shy, introverted and soft- thanks to my childhood but lessons learnt last year revealed the fact that no one gives a Bleep! not even your parents man (kidding, but real talk this issue of being timid is something you gotta face your self).

first step is to pay FULL Attention to your 1.)body and 2.) environment at ALL times.

i placed body first because you have to love yourself because no one in this world can do that for you. spoil yourself, respect yourself, play with yourself, work on yourself. do things with yourself. be hard working for your self, build your reputation, let the things that will move you forward get done on daily basis. its an ongoing process. All these will make you know your worth because hey you have put in the work so you earned it yourself. then proceed to clap for your self smiley Why not start by hitting the gym?

Then understand that you only live once. Don;t be miserable for one minute. Feeling tired? get up and do some push ups RIGHT AWAY!! or get a warm shower. Or go on youtube and watch a couple self help videos(leo from actualized.org, another person suggested one up there).

Feeling bored? Go out there and talk to someone, take a stroll and check out whatsup in your neighbourhood. GO to the beach and see the serene view. Call up your girlfriend (if you don't have one, please do get. you need to have atleast someone you can share stuff with, its not about sex but good sex will get you undiluted loyalty.)

i got work to do, its a monday morning, but i will keep tab on this thread. its really interesting and millions of youths are dying in silence from these so called manipulative villains we call friends.
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by DavidEsq(m): 8:55am On Aug 27, 2018
Frankicent:
Judging from your words. You sound like you got involved in something nasty. And you wouldn't say.... What is it you aren't saying? we can start from there
Maybe he and his frnds raped someone undecided and the guilt is killing him.
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by joceey(m): 9:34am On Aug 27, 2018
Let me ask you have you been involve in any accident or dubious business that involve police case ?
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by atilla(m): 10:02am On Aug 27, 2018
Hello anxiousguy please let us know how today went.
Pls go and do ur tests u can't run forever or let that feeling control you
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Asquare84(m): 10:45am On Aug 27, 2018
joceey:
Let me ask you have you been involve in any accident or dubious business that involve police case ?

A doctor once ask me this question how can accident increase the tendency
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by anxiousguy: 11:06am On Aug 27, 2018
Thanks to everyone that contributed. Your words gave me the comfort that I needed. I feel better now. I wasn't able to go to class today but my test was taken care of. Ibplan to hit the gym soon and make new friends in class. Thanks once again
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by loricara: 11:08am On Aug 27, 2018
bro I'm a programmer I have depression, I feel same way you can contact me 08107343104
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Donpenny(m): 11:32am On Aug 27, 2018
You're just a victim of high school bulling

1 Like

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by uniqUN(m): 11:50am On Aug 27, 2018
Hm. Look, the most reasonable thing i can tell you right now is to see a Psychiatrist or Psychologist. Whether you are guilt-stricken or not. You need help, and it's not available here on nairaland. A lot of good advice mixing with a lot of bad is unhealthy. And it's not a battle you can fight alone. See a professional doctor my brother. We are all unique in our own way. Don't compare yourself to your friends. Do the good things that makes you happy and trust me, you'd get your kind of friends, even if na one. But trust me, believe in yourself and you will see friends troop in for you. No be d ones wey dey do horror film with your life. It's not weakness that you have, you are unique my guy. Take charge.

4 Likes

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by murphyibiam15(m): 12:48pm On Aug 27, 2018
anxiousguy:
Hello nairalanders.
I had a fallout with some friends and ever since then I've been having this anxious feeling all the time. Its affecting my health already.

Just recently I decided to spend more time to myself reading James hadly chase books.

I've deleted my WhatsApp, deactivated my Facebook and anything that'd make me talk to anyone.

I only come to nairaland to read the headlines and that's all.

The isolation doesn't seem to help me and each time I'm always having a feeling that there's danger ahead.

My breathing is twise its normal rate and even movement of an ant would get my heart beating 1000 times in a second.

I've decided to cut out the people giving me problems in life with hope that I'd live a normal and happy life but the thought of seeing them everyday just makes me anxious.

I feel like quitting school and starting all over again in a place that no one knows me but my sister talked me out of when I told her of my plans.

I'm tired of getting manipulated by those unfriendly friends and I've decided to live my life without them but I can't help but feel anxious knowing that I'd be seeing them everyday until I graduate.

I've not made or received any phone calls since 15 days because I put my phone out of action by destroying my old lines and getting a new line which I intend to use only for data subscription and nothing else.

My mum after 3 days of not hearing from me has sent someone to check on me in my hostel and immediately I heard a knock my heart started beating faster than it was supposed to. It didn't take the person few seconds to sense that I wasn't my normal self.

I confided in her and her words gave me solace till she left. Knowing that I'm passionate about programming and software design, she bought me three udemy courses to keep me busy but I've not been able to watch more than 3 minutes of the lectures.

I took a peep at Facebook today and discovered that I'd be having some tests tomorrow in school. Immediately I remembered that I'd be seeing those friends again and the worry and increased heartbeat started again.

I've tried to get over this anxiety on my own but all my efforts seems to be futile. I can't even type as my fingers are shaking due to the panic that has developed.

Please nairalanders, I need advice. Anything that can help me overcome this panic. If this continues I won't be able to concentrate on my studies and by doing that, I'd only be helping them achieve their aim.

I don't want to show this anxiety when I appear in school tomorrow.
I want to live as happy as I can.
I don't want to feel defeated.
I don't intend to seek reassurance from others anymore.
I want to get out of this pervasive worry as it is doing me no good.
The increased heartbeat makes me get tired easily and I want to be as lively as I can when I get to class tomorrow.

I know this would get more audience if it is moved to the front-page
I'm a medical doctor who also passed through this anxiety disorder when I was in school..precisely around 4th/5th year.the fact is that nothing happening to you now hasn't happened to someone else before.you're having generalized anxiety disorder.. forget about those telling you that you're not a man here.I will use my own case to tell you exactly what to do.

anxiety is usually common with introverts and in my own case fear of failing my medical exams threw me into anxiety such that I feel my heart beat and rarely sleep at night
It was even further aggravated by the threat of a lecturer who's saying we're all going to fail such that my heart will always start beating so fast in class when he says it,mind you I was by far intelligent and get high grades in test and never failed any exam
I had to start taking anxiolytics like diazepam yo calm myself but that a alone didn't help until I now told my inner self that its better what I'm afraid of comes to pass than for me to be anxious and that was the beginning of my emancipation and things started getting better
I initially had a whole lot of friends that I used to please but I told myself, to what extent since those Friends were taking advantage of me and had nothing to gain from them
I had to dissociate myself from them,just know you that you don't have to please everyone, just make friends that value you and much as you value them as it is not by the number of friends you have rather by the quality

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Being Touched My Female Co Staff In The Office / Meet Bobrisky Juniour(NEW PICTURES!!!) / Can A Girl Forget The Guy That Deflowered Her ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.