Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed (5108 Views)

Happy 23rd Birthday To Me..advice Needed Too / My Broke Girlfriend Is Draining Me. Advice Me. / Masturbation Is Killing Me!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by anxiousguy: 7:12pm On Aug 26, 2018
Hello nairalanders.
I had a fallout with some friends and ever since then I've been having this anxious feeling all the time. Its affecting my health already.

Just recently I decided to spend more time to myself reading James hadly chase books.

I've deleted my WhatsApp, deactivated my Facebook and anything that'd make me talk to anyone.

I only come to nairaland to read the headlines and that's all.

The isolation doesn't seem to help me and each time I'm always having a feeling that there's danger ahead.

My breathing is twise its normal rate and even movement of an ant would get my heart beating 1000 times in a second.

I've decided to cut out the people giving me problems in life with hope that I'd live a normal and happy life but the thought of seeing them everyday just makes me anxious.

I feel like quitting school and starting all over again in a place that no one knows me but my sister talked me out of when I told her of my plans.

I'm tired of getting manipulated by those unfriendly friends and I've decided to live my life without them but I can't help but feel anxious knowing that I'd be seeing them everyday until I graduate.

I've not made or received any phone calls since 15 days because I put my phone out of action by destroying my old lines and getting a new line which I intend to use only for data subscription and nothing else.

My mum after 3 days of not hearing from me has sent someone to check on me in my hostel and immediately I heard a knock my heart started beating faster than it was supposed to. It didn't take the person few seconds to sense that I wasn't my normal self.

I confided in her and her words gave me solace till she left. Knowing that I'm passionate about programming and software design, she bought me three udemy courses to keep me busy but I've not been able to watch more than 3 minutes of the lectures.

I took a peep at Facebook today and discovered that I'd be having some tests tomorrow in school. Immediately I remembered that I'd be seeing those friends again and the worry and increased heartbeat started again.

I've tried to get over this anxiety on my own but all my efforts seems to be futile. I can't even type as my fingers are shaking due to the panic that has developed.

Please nairalanders, I need advice. Anything that can help me overcome this panic. If this continues I won't be able to concentrate on my studies and by doing that, I'd only be helping them achieve their aim.

I don't want to show this anxiety when I appear in school tomorrow.
I want to live as happy as I can.
I don't want to feel defeated.
I don't intend to seek reassurance from others anymore.
I want to get out of this pervasive worry as it is doing me no good.
The increased heartbeat makes me get tired easily and I want to be as lively as I can when I get to class tomorrow.

I know this would get more audience if it is moved to the front-page

6 Likes

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by dingbang(m): 7:18pm On Aug 26, 2018
Wetin you do

8 Likes

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Frankicent(m): 7:22pm On Aug 26, 2018
Judging from your words. You sound like you got involved in something nasty. And you wouldn't say.... What is it you aren't saying? we can start from there

6 Likes

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by anxiousguy: 7:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
Frankicent:
Judging from your words. You sound like you got involved in something nasty. And you wouldn't say.... What is it you aren't saying? we can start from there
Just normal course mate argument.
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by anxiousguy: 7:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
Frankicent:
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 26, 2018
lorazepam (Ativan) is the answer, Go and ask for this drugs in the pharmacy store. I don't think mere advice Will be helpful.
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by anxiousguy: 7:38pm On Aug 26, 2018
JESUSBOIY:
lorazepam (Ativan) is the answer, Go and ask for this drugs in the pharmacy store. I don't think mere advice Will be helpful.
Thanks.
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 26, 2018
anxiousguy:

Were you embarrassed in front of your peers?
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by JuanDeDios: 7:41pm On Aug 26, 2018
You should see a psychiatrist. I suspect you have social difficulties and are predisposed to these feelings you mentioned. Anxiety disorder can exist on its own but it can be caused by a neurological disorder. I think you should read up on Google, take some online tests and see a psychiatrist.

7 Likes

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by anxiousguy: 7:47pm On Aug 26, 2018
JESUSBOIY:
Were you embarrassed in front of your peers?
Nothing of such. Its just argument amongst friend that led to betrayer of trust.
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by anxiousguy: 7:48pm On Aug 26, 2018
JuanDeDios:
You should see a psychiatrist. I suspect you have social difficulties and are predisposed to these feelings you mentioned. Anxiety disorder can exist on its own but it can be caused by a neurological disorder. I think you should read up on Google, take some online tests and see a psychiatrist.
Thanks for the tip
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by ikeno(m): 7:51pm On Aug 26, 2018
why are you jump,are they trying to hurt you,do they influence you in a bad way.

how will you be able to write the test, when you so scared.
it's best you fill us in so we could profound a solution for u.

3 Likes

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 26, 2018
anxiousguy:
Nothing of such. Its just argument amongst friend that led to betrayer of trust.
OK. I have the same problem too, maybe mine is worst lols . My own is that ,(I could be talking to you and shaking for no reason), i get panic attacks alot, sometimes i become afraid for no reason and most people have taken advantage of me because of this. This days i stay indoors to avoid social activities so I don't get embarrassed.

1 Like

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 26, 2018
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 26, 2018
Did i mention that I come to troll on nairaland to ease off the pains? grin

1 Like

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by anxiousguy: 8:11pm On Aug 26, 2018
ikeno:
why are you jump,are they trying to hurt you,do they influence you in a bad way.

how will you be able to write the test, when you so scared.
it's best you fill us in so we could profound a solution for u.

if na cult Mata let us know oo
The can't and are not trying to hurt me.
It's nothing related to cultism.
Just a betrayal of trust amongst friends and nothing more.
They are not influencing me into doing any thing bad. They are just the manipulative type who wishes to be in charge of me and I broke out.
Issue has been settled but knowing that I'd be seeing them again in class makes me anxious(my heart skips at the thought of them. And no, I'm not afraid that the might hurt me. they can't)
I want to get them off my mind and that's the problem

They'd try to talk to me tomorrow and I'd definitely loose composure.
I'm an introvert who isn't very bold to face people.

Simply put, I don't have the boldness to hold an open conversation with them if they try to.

I don't want to appear dull and unhappy tomorrow in class. They'd notice and that would make them happy.

They are emotionless and don't care how their words affect other peoples emotions.

I don't want to loose composure when I see them. I don't want them to sense how unhappy I am knowing that they have betrayed me.

They are the only friends I've made in that class. They have people who they can talk to but I don't.

I possibly cannot make new friends tomorrow who'd make me forget them.

If I have someone to talk to in class tomorrow, I won't give a bleep about them.

The test wouldn't be a hard one as the lecturer has given us an AOC. all I have to do is read one chapter of a tiny textbook that is less than 8 pages. I'd scale through the test

3 Likes

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by anxiousguy: 8:14pm On Aug 26, 2018
JESUSBOIY:
OK. I have the same problem too, maybe mine is worst lols . My own is that ,(I could be talking to you and shaking for no reason), i get panic attacks alot, sometimes i become afraid for no reason and most people have taken advantage of me because of this. This days i stay indoors to avoid social activities so I don't get embarrassed.
Now you have just explained all I couldn't explain. This is exactly what I'm passing through. Inferiority complex is another battle I'd fight
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Nasri100(m): 8:18pm On Aug 26, 2018
I can relate. I used to be very anxious than my current state. Hospital fixed me on Propanol to keep me calm and control my frequent heart palpitations. But I stopped. Mate I will help you with stuffs that helped me cause that anxiety will suddenly graduate to Bipolar disorder, panic attacks and social anxiety and etc.

Daily Exercise

Tell Yourself Nothing Can Make You Afraid

Accept Death will come oneday and see life as something to be explored.

Compare when you are relaxed vs anxious. Tell yourself being relaxed helps in many ways and better than when you are all flared up.

Tell yourself you don’t need anxiety and your body is working fine as it should.

Pray to God.

7 Likes

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Raydans: 8:19pm On Aug 26, 2018
If not for the test you are having. Would have advised you to take few shots of whiskey and keep a strong face
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by anxiousguy: 8:25pm On Aug 26, 2018
Nasri100:
I can relate. I used to be very anxious than my current state. Hospital fixed me on Propanol to keep me calm and control my frequent heart palpitations. But I stopped. Mate I will help you with stuffs that helped me cause that anxiety will suddenly graduate to Bipolar disorder, panic attacks and social anxiety and etc.

Daily Exercise

Tell Yourself Nothing Can Make You Afraid

Accept Death will come oneday and see life as something to be explored.

Compare when you are relaxed vs anxious. Tell yourself being relaxed helps in many ways and better than when you are all flared up.

Tell yourself you don’t need anxiety and your body is working fine as it should.

Pray to God.
Thanks pal
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by anxiousguy: 8:26pm On Aug 26, 2018
Raydans:
If not for the test you are having. Would have advised you to take few shots of whiskey and keep a strong face
My system isn't entirely good for alcoholic drinks

1 Like

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Justbeingreal(m): 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2018
Hmmmmm.

Don't worry with time you would figure out how to deal with it and get better. Just try to calm down and live liFe don't care about people's opinion oF u.
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by MrHandsome2013: 8:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
how old are you sir? It happened to me some years back and i nearly commmited suicide

1 Like

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
anxiousguy:
Now you have just explained all I couldn't explain. This is exactly what I'm passing through. Inferiority complex is another battle I'd fight
Most times I feel I need to please people to survive. This makes me seem weak and vulnerable. Accept and learn from your mistakes bro

1 Like

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Newboss(m): 8:34pm On Aug 26, 2018
Get over it by keeping a straight face.angry

Don't play nice or chatty with anyone who doesn't have pussy. angry

Don't argue with them guys eitherangry

Be a one two words guy angry

Be the "I don't care about you" guy angry

You are naturally too soft. That's the solutionangry

2 Likes

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Raydans: 8:45pm On Aug 26, 2018
anxiousguy:
My system isn't entirely good for alcoholic drinks
What you need to do is to reach a resolution in your mind that they don't exist. You can see them with your eyes but they no longer exist in your mind. Also ignite a little bit of anger within you whenever you come across them. It helps neutralizes panic and anxiety
Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by sammirano: 8:50pm On Aug 26, 2018
You definitely shouldn't be a guy.

2 Likes

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by anxiousguy: 8:54pm On Aug 26, 2018
sammirano:
You definitely shouldn't be a guy.
Thanks Anthony Joshua

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 26, 2018
anxiousguy:
Hello nairalanders.
I had a fallout with some friends and ever since then I've been having this anxious feeling all the time. Its affecting my health already.

Just recently I decided to spend more time to myself reading James hadly chase books.

I've deleted my WhatsApp, deactivated my Facebook and anything that'd make me talk to anyone.

I only come to nairaland to read the headlines and that's all.

The isolation doesn't seem to help me and each time I'm always having a feeling that there's danger ahead.

My breathing is twise its normal rate and even movement of an ant would get my heart beating 1000 times in a second.

I've decided to cut out the people giving me problems in life with hope that I'd live a normal and happy life but the thought of seeing them everyday just makes me anxious.

I feel like quitting school and starting all over again in a place that no one knows me but my sister talked me out of when I told her of my plans.

I'm tired of getting manipulated by those unfriendly friends and I've decided to live my life without them but I can't help but feel anxious knowing that I'd be seeing them everyday until I graduate.

I've not made or received any phone calls since 15 days because I put my phone out of action by destroying my old lines and getting a new line which I intend to use only for data subscription and nothing else.

My mum after 3 days of not hearing from me has sent someone to check on me in my hostel and immediately I heard a knock my heart started beating faster than it was supposed to. It didn't take the person few seconds to sense that I wasn't my normal self.

I confided in her and her words gave me solace till she left. Knowing that I'm passionate about programming and software design, she bought me three udemy courses to keep me busy but I've not been able to watch more than 3 minutes of the lectures.

I took a peep at Facebook today and discovered that I'd be having some tests tomorrow in school. Immediately I remembered that I'd be seeing those friends again and the worry and increased heartbeat started again.

I've tried to get over this anxiety on my own but all my efforts seems to be futile. I can't even type as my fingers are shaking due to the panic that has developed.

Please nairalanders, I need advice. Anything that can help me overcome this panic. If this continues I won't be able to concentrate on my studies and by doing that, I'd only be helping them achieve their aim.

I don't want to show this anxiety when I appear in school tomorrow.
I want to live as happy as I can.
I don't want to feel defeated.
I don't intend to seek reassurance from others anymore.
I want to get out of this pervasive worry as it is doing me no good.
The increased heartbeat makes me get tired easily and I want to be as lively as I can when I get to class tomorrow.

I know this would get more audience if it is moved to the front-page

Go on YouTube and watch Echart Tolle videos. His teachings are on the practice of mindfulness. You will learn about staying in the present, also read up on meditation and use that to quieten the mind. Your thoughts are scary thoughts and they trigger the feelings of anxiety and in turn your feelings lead to the behaviour of hiding in this case. Take back control of your mind, don't let it use you. If you need guidance, I offer my services send me a pm.

2 Likes

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 26, 2018
Cc Chubhie
Cc WORDWORLD

Please help a brother

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help : Anxiety Is Killing Me. Advice Needed by WEEDSDOM: 9:07pm On Aug 26, 2018

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Short Guy Dilemma / New Trend... / Man Left Speechless After Seeing His Girlfriend Without Makeup(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.