Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,785 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material (41581 Views)

German Bridesmaid Disinvited From Wedding For Looking Better Than Bride (Photos) / If She Can't Prepare This With Her Money , Brother She's Not Wife Material / Girls With Big Ass And Big Booby Are Not Wife Material. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by lolaluv1(f): 1:24am On Aug 30, 2018
My dear, move on. A well to do man with 3 sisters who are not doing well spells danger. Let him go for the one that has hidden her character and bagged him. She will reveal her true self in the fullness of time when the struggle with his mum and 3 sisters for dominance in his life starts.

2 Likes

Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Burgerlomo: 1:27am On Aug 30, 2018
They deserve this cool

Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by tiredoflife(m): 1:28am On Aug 30, 2018
She say UK embassy
Now US
Dis gist no make sense

Girls and abroad marriage angry

3 Likes

Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Aleora(f): 1:40am On Aug 30, 2018
chiommy123:
You should be thanking God
my dear, this lady don't really know what the Good lord as done for her...you are right.
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Aleora(f): 1:42am On Aug 30, 2018
davit:
Cock and bull story! Your English sef no go make the guy marry you.
SHUT UP aturu
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Aleora(f): 1:43am On Aug 30, 2018
Chai, nairaland...
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by springtech(m): 2:09am On Aug 30, 2018
My dear, thank your stars.
God has just saved you from a life time marriage night mare.
Trust me. Go for thanksgiving.

A broken relationship is better than a broken home.
You guys were never meant to be.

Take heart, be strong and move on dear.

1 Like

Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by sweetilicious(f): 2:35am On Aug 30, 2018
Leave him alone girl.3 years is huge but you gotta allow him to go through his pact.Someone doesn't want you, they look for excuses.He never loved you. Accept the hard truth.
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Nobody: 3:16am On Aug 30, 2018
[quote author=chiommy123 post=70714500]. U sound a little non challant, if u have attitudinal issues, work on ur self, #2# Give ur intending spouse a clear space and silent for a while, mouting pressures on them to see him, shows u are desperate and makes u vulnerable. I understand it's not Easy ... U can use this time out, go to Orioke or Moutain where u can engage ur self in Personal prayers, don't let any prophet decieve ma. I still feel the family will call you back. Over Familiarity with them was part of ur issues, they go to see u in ur unguarded moments,. U can. Send apology text if u had a disagreement with any of your in-law, or u acted rude or rebellious, goggle how to behave and treat Nigerian inlaws! Igbo inlaws do not take shit oh!...then disappear in thin Air! Go activivate spiritual momentum with prayer, pressure the heavens now, let ur mum be praying for you, pastors, friends and we'll wishers be interceding for you in Prayers... I see you coming out strong with a testimony. Stay blessed!
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Nobody: 3:19am On Aug 30, 2018
Finewithsense:
don't go where you are tolerated, go where u are accepted.

1 Like

Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Nobody: 3:22am On Aug 30, 2018
You have started having disagreement with your sister in-law before marriage.What if he marries you?Na fight you go give them.
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Nobody: 3:23am On Aug 30, 2018
Beke2020:
Dear Jzhane,

Please hide my ID.

I am very hurt. My wedding was supposed to take place last Saturday but it was called off without any explanation.

I met my man through my mother’s friend based aboard three years ago. We had our marriage introduction 2016 and we planned the wedding for April 2017 but sister was like we should postpone it reason is that for the brother to come down to Nigeria that the UK embassy don’t take absent of a spouse because they wanted to do it in his absent.

He begged me to wait that I should please bear with him it was not easy for me because already I have told people about my wedding and the date.

My ex has four sisters and they are kind of very close so involved them in everything he wants to do which I don’t have problem with that.His mum accepted me and me I love her took care of her like my mother even the sister who is out of marriage is staying with her mum with four children I love her too.

Fast forward to when the date was pick which is 25 of August that we started having issues.

It was his sisters that shopped for my wedding things which I complain that I don’t like the color ,they said the list I gave them was too expensive which is the hall and food ,I got a hall of #160 they got a hall of #300k near their house not even the bride side I never complain ,they said after the wedding I will stay with mother in law and sister which I said no due to distance and the nature of my work.

The worst of all that happened is that my ex was telling his sisters every thing we discussed both the argument and my chat he was forwarding it to them. His sister in Nigeria was telling them all manners of lies against me and they believed her.

They put pressure and fear on him not to marry me he has to call off the wedding after buying things for the wedding. He is around in Nigeria now and I try to see him but his family are refusing me seeing him because I don’t have his Nigeria ‘s no.

I was told that he said he love me but he scared based on what they told him. That I am not a wife material. That I will control him and drive him out because he stays in US.

My mother has been begging them but they refuse to listen.
He even blocked me since then. His cousin told me they already found another girl for him.

What do I do,I dated this guy for three years. I love him. I already have done introduction. Everybody knows I am supposed to be getting married. The scandal is killing my parents.If this guy still loves me,how do I win him back? He never gave a chance to explain myself. What did I do wrong?

Or should I really move on? After three years? Where do I start from?

https://livelystones.com.ng/after-planning-our-wedding-for-3-yearsthey-say-i-am-not-wife-material/

U sound a little non challant, if u have attitudinal issues, work on ur self, #2# Give ur intending spouse a clear space and silent for a while, mouting pressures on them to see him, shows u are desperate and makes u vulnerable. I understand it's not Easy ... U can use this time out, go to Orioke or Moutain where u can engage ur self in Personal prayers, don't let any prophet decieve ma. I still feel the family will call you back. Over Familiarity with them was part of ur issues, they go to see u in ur unguarded moments,. U can. Send apology text if u had a disagreement with any of your in-law, or u acted rude or rebellious, goggle how to behave and treat Nigerian inlaws! Igbo inlaws do not take shit oh!...then disappear in thin Air! Go activate spiritual momentum with prayer, pressure the heavens now, let ur mum be praying for you, mothers Prayers are Paramount, pastors, friends and we'll wishers be interceding for you in Prayers... I see you coming out strong with a testimony. Stay blessed![/quote]
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Jacnik: 3:32am On Aug 30, 2018
my dear friend, the truth has to be said here and you will do yourself good and parent as well if only you try to move on. remember the word of God says everything happen in it right time and as such a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage. don't allow the trauma to kill you down and try to open your heart to love again. he is not man enough to have u as a wife, and if truly he loves you like your friend said then he should give you a chance to hear you out. from dbaby
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by dbabyviju: 3:39am On Aug 30, 2018
my dear friend, the truth has to be said here and you will do yourself good and parent as well if only you try to move on. remember the word of God says everything happen in it right time and as such a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage. don't allow the trauma to kill you down and try to open your heart to love again. he is not man enough to have u as a wife, and if truly he loves you like your friend said then he should give you a chance to hear you out. stop making yourself vulnerable by going to their house over and over.
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by AreaFada2: 3:40am On Aug 30, 2018
This story is a bit confusing.
OP showed certain character that the guy was concerned about. Because of the stories of girls behaving badly once in the US, especially after nursing training, the guy had to check with his sisters. Because the woman can kick him out in US one day and his sisters will say Ntor!

The sisters capitalized on it to push their own agenda. Relatives in Nigeria often feel they should control their relative abroad. Ceding power to a woman from "nowhere" is not something many do easily. They wanted an obedient sister-in-law but you argued that you will still live alone after marriage. Perhaps unconvincingly.

Where you meant to live permanently in Nigeria or eventually join him in USA? If joining what time frame?

Op wanted to avoid in-laws wahala by shying away (understandably) from living with in-laws.

Depending on the ex's previous experience with women, Op might have unwittingly given off some signals he remembers as negative.

If the guy has genuinely moved on, then nothing you can do. Maybe he's not your man. 3 years is much but you can move on. Tell people wedding was cancelled. They will understand.

You can still met a good guy and be married within a year.

Luckily you have a job. IF you can get him back, fine. Otherwise just keep going. Move on.
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Nobody: 3:56am On Aug 30, 2018
Beke2020:
Dear Jzhane,

Please hide my ID.

I am very hurt. My wedding was supposed to take place last Saturday but it was called off without any explanation.

I met my man through my mother’s friend based aboard three years ago. We had our marriage introduction 2016 and we planned the wedding for April 2017 but sister was like we should postpone it reason is that for the brother to come down to Nigeria that the UK embassy don’t take absent of a spouse because they wanted to do it in his absent.

He begged me to wait that I should please bear with him it was not easy for me because already I have told people about my wedding and the date.

My ex has four sisters and they are kind of very close so involved them in everything he wants to do which I don’t have problem with that.His mum accepted me and me I love her took care of her like my mother even the sister who is out of marriage is staying with her mum with four children I love her too.

Fast forward to when the date was pick which is 25 of August that we started having issues.

It was his sisters that shopped for my wedding things which I complain that I don’t like the color ,they said the list I gave them was too expensive which is the hall and food ,I got a hall of #160 they got a hall of #300k near their house not even the bride side I never complain ,they said after the wedding I will stay with mother in law and sister which I said no due to distance and the nature of my work.

The worst of all that happened is that my ex was telling his sisters every thing we discussed both the argument and my chat he was forwarding it to them. His sister in Nigeria was telling them all manners of lies against me and they believed her.

They put pressure and fear on him not to marry me he has to call off the wedding after buying things for the wedding. He is around in Nigeria now and I try to see him but his family are refusing me seeing him because I don’t have his Nigeria ‘s no.

I was told that he said he love me but he scared based on what they told him. That I am not a wife material. That I will control him and drive him out because he stays in US.

He even blocked me since then. His cousin told me they already found another girl for him.

What do I do,I dated this guy for three years. I love him. I already have done introduction. Everybody knows I am supposed to be getting married. The scandal is killing my parents.If this guy still loves me,how do I win him back? He never gave a chance to explain myself. What did I do wrong?

https://livelystones.com.ng/after-planning-our-wedding-for-3-yearsthey-say-i-am-not-wife-material/

always reinforce Prayers when planning anything. Prayer is a weapon against any evil permutations. Also we should reduce the way we post engagement pictures on watsapp, istagram and Facebook, especially when you are not too spiritual, u expose ur self tomuch to unrepentant Ex's, pretending friends and overtly jealous pple. They will cook up false stories abt u, do not post sensitive aspects of ur life! Learnt that from my mentor. Don't make ur self vulnerable, this life is deep, build ur spiritual momentum in Prayers and study of the word. Become a spiritual giant, if ur village pple Lauch grennade for ur matta, send them nuclear and atomic missiles. Slay and Pray. The world is a warfare

1 Like

Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by rock003: 4:11am On Aug 30, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

[img]https://media1./images/d30df4031e090f255f20300a5dca5dad/tenor.gif[/img]

Simple, go on pilgrimage to Isreal, visit River Jordan and soak ya self 7 times since nah Nairaland you wan get solution from.

You should see that the story was just copied from somewhere else and pasted here. Don't be so dumb bro
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Xuga(m): 4:22am On Aug 30, 2018
nna this is wickedness!! undecided undecided..
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Born2Breed(f): 4:24am On Aug 30, 2018
henrygale:
I think you have just been saved from what you would have termed your worst marital nightmare coz it is clear the siblings and family has a good grip of the guy who seems to be their source of livelihood.
You are seen as a threat who will take away this source of livelihood from them; and funny enough, the guy in question is their dummy and doesn't have a mind of his own.
3years is small and doesn't count compared to a marriage you will regret after forcing yourself into it.
There's always time to retrace ur steps and start again. Take it as one of those mistakes ones does in life and thank God for not ending up with him; the societal issues will definitely come but brace urself up to face dem, and move on with your life.
One of the worst thing in marriage is to be hooked with a man who doesn't have a mind of his own especially when being advised or tossed about by his family.
I wish you luck as you move on.

Gbam!!!

U too much.

Manage this bottles of beer or you prefer the tank?

Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by thunderbabs: 4:40am On Aug 30, 2018
Why do people still wanna force themselves into shit they got saved from sef?

So she thinks with those kind of sister in laws, she will have peace and enjoy her marriage?

Thank ur head and rush anoda cutie out dia. I know its d Yankee part dt is paining her... The opportunity to travel out... Dtz her pain
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by soundforce: 5:07am On Aug 30, 2018
OP! OP!! OP!!! How many times did i call you? The last story you posted, " i was a good girl,......" the girl had marital issues on the 3rd year n then, this one too on the 3rd year. The problem dey una family. Let your girls Go for prayers And the boys too cos on the 3rd year, na their girl friends go run follow another man
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by budusky05(m): 5:11am On Aug 30, 2018
It took you 3years to plan your wedding?

That is serious, why won't dey call it off? Who knows how many more years could have been spent planning
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by guass(m): 5:34am On Aug 30, 2018
Beke2020:
Dear Jzhane,

Please hide my ID.

It was his sisters that shopped for my wedding things which I complain that I don’t like the color ,they said the list I gave them was too expensive which is the hall and food ,I got a hall of #160 they got a hall of #300k near their house not even the bride side I never complain ,they said after the wedding I will stay with mother in law and sister which I said no
due to distance and the nature of my work.
The worst of all that happened is that my ex was telling his sisters every thing we discussed both the argument
and my chat he was forwarding it to them. His sister in Nigeria was telling them all manners of lies against me and they believed her.

they said after the wedding I will stay with mother in law and sister which I said no

This is your first error, it's not ideal you stay in your parents house after the marriage, or as u said you cannot leave your family or your work then the marriage would be unnecessary.
[i]telling his sisters every thing we discussed both the argument [/i] - This is another error, most bride-to-be are usually very loyal until they get the ring, but from your comments you argue with both your husband -to-be as well as his family of which behavior you will surely double trying to secure your own (husband) after the marriage which could be suicidal to the man because of where he lives.
In my opinion, the decision to cancel the date of the marriage was as a result of your actions and inactions . THE CANCELLATION WAS NECESSARY!
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by lahlahhh: 5:34am On Aug 30, 2018
There are two sides to a coin and we've only heard from your side. U said u heard that ur ex said he still loves u so much but he was able to block u out rightly without looking back, I think that's a big lie cos if he still does, he would have looked for a way to call if only once and this only means that he has his doubts already about u.
From ur right up, u guys have been having arguments and discussions that he's been showing the sisters. I think the things uv said about the sisters and the mother were so bad that they could not forgive. Bcoz I believe that if uv not been saying terrible things about the sisters and the family, there wouldn't be any need for him to start showing the sister. Maybe the sisters were supporting u and the guy was like, maybe u guys u check our chat and moreover the guy in question is not around and gals can discover whatever u are doing outside ur r/s if they want to, since ur ex was not around. I don't think one side is to be blamed, The guy in question already has his doubts about u but that doesn't mean u cannot try to fix the issue and I don't think staying with ur mother in law should be a big deal if u are not into other men. Try and fix it if u can, but if u try ur best and nothing seems to work, my dear move on. The husband might just be at ur door step and never u bother urself about what society would say. Stay alive.
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by yori: 5:43am On Aug 30, 2018
henrygale:
I think you have just been saved from what you would have termed your worst marital nightmare coz it is clear the siblings and family has a good grip of the guy who seems to be their source of livelihood.
You are seen as a threat who will take away this source of livelihood from them; and funny enough, the guy in question is their dummy and doesn't have a mind of his own.
3years is small and doesn't count compared to a marriage you will regret after forcing yourself into it.
There's always time to retrace ur steps and start again. Take it as one of those mistakes ones does in life and thank God for not ending up with him; the societal issues will definitely come but brace urself up to face dem, and move on with your life.
One of the worst thing in marriage is to be hooked with a man who doesn't have a mind of his own especially when being advised or tossed about by his family.
I wish you luck as you move on.

You have said everything...a word is enough for the wise. Girl I suggest you go throw a biiiiiig party because God just saved you from your future hell you wanna call marriage. US no be everything...you can go on your own self if that's what you want...forget that guy. Man wey no get mind of his own...tufiakwa!!
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Busuyib(f): 5:50am On Aug 30, 2018
dopemama:
Chai this is really painful! There is no situation too big for God to handle! All I know is all these sister in laws tormenting their brothers wives, ll not find peace in their own marriages! I can relate!
a big amennn to dat
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Kenkuss(m): 5:57am On Aug 30, 2018
The guy is not a man
Real men take decision n stand by it
Not tossed like a piece of wood in a river
Girlie!! Thank God for what has happened u think God is not seeing? I know ur embarrassed but if God tells u the out come of what will happen if ur married to this man u will be grateful to God, so baby girl!!
JUST MOVE ON.
U will soon understand the tru picture of things now or later,
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by andyprez(m): 6:03am On Aug 30, 2018
In as much as the story is one-sided, I'd like to comment based one that. You should be grateful. The embarrassment will come but it will also go away cos people want to hear the "trending news".

One, you were supposed to marry a "mommy's boy" and trust me, that isn't good for any couple. A man should be able to make decisions for himself and live with it.

I believe if he hears things about you and has problems with it, he needs to confront it with you before any 3rd party.

Finally, I also hope you planned marrying him for the right reasons & not for the opportunities you stand to gain. Like if he was in Gabon, would you still have this sorts of "feelings" for him?

I pray you find your "real" lover and may the Lord grant you restitution for the lost years.
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by emperorblog(m): 6:24am On Aug 30, 2018
chiommy123:
You should be thanking God

for what ?

Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Trunaijian: 6:25am On Aug 30, 2018
One of the biggest mistake women make is staying with thier in laws before wedding or soon after wedding. Its a no no. Especially when there are sisters involved.

Women are jealous and wicked. Once much attention is given to you and not them, they will scheme, conspire, even lie to paint you bad.

My bossom friend who was a pro footballer in abroad made same mistake. He ended up not marrying the girl and still a bachelor till date. The mum and his sisters made sure his fiance didn't get her way.

No one is perfect. The best and fastest way to know this is to live under same roof with someone. Once they see some fault, they will resonate it in such a way that will put anger and fear into your heart. And since they are family, it's hard to push aside.

For the ladies, never nake that mistake of staying in same house with your.in laws before your wedding. Nice mother in law or nice sisters in laws, my dear forget that. They will f.uck you up!

However, for a man to refuse to even see you because of he was told not to by his family after dating you for 3 years tells you a lot the kind if man he is. If you eventually get martied to him, you will have a battle with his siblings and mother. He is probably doing well financially, I guess, this makes it even a stronger battle.

However sis, you never mentioned your own flaws because there are 2 sides of a story. If you were lied against, you should be confident that the truth will set you free eventually but if you were guilty of something grave and unforgivable, maybe you had better move on with your life and learn from this experience.

Selah!

1 Like

Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by awa(m): 6:32am On Aug 30, 2018
This lady is not serious with her life either she is a gold digger or she just want to marry by force.
How on earth can your mother be begging a guy that doesn't want to marry you again
You said he is under pressure from his family not to marry you?? They stop him from seeing you kwa even when he should ordinarily have your Nigerian number Babe you pass Liar Mohammed....

Because of the way you lied in this your post, I think truly you are not a wife material.
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by gbakonray(m): 6:45am On Aug 30, 2018
Very pathetic.

God over everything my sister.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life / Dating A Nigerian Woman Is Like Taking Care Of Orphans - Breggle Acha Derrick / Please My Girlfriend Has Something To Do With Kanyamatta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.