Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,781 members, 7,817,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material (41580 Views)

German Bridesmaid Disinvited From Wedding For Looking Better Than Bride (Photos) / If She Can't Prepare This With Her Money , Brother She's Not Wife Material / Girls With Big Ass And Big Booby Are Not Wife Material. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by henrygale(m): 9:39am On Aug 30, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

Perfect. I couldnt have said it better.
But have you noticed she seems desperate. I mean WTH is up with all that begging
Yeah.....she seems desperate or rather I will say she is finding it hard to let go. Tho it is not easy to have invested 3years of your life into something and watch it going up in flames. It's not an easy experience but then, she has to let go and move on with her life.
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by bamasite(m): 9:57am On Aug 30, 2018
If I were to comment, this is exactly what I will say. This is all there is to the saga
henrygale:
I think you have just been saved from what you would have termed your worst marital nightmare coz it is clear the siblings and family has a good grip of the guy who seems to be their source of livelihood.
You are seen as a threat who will take away this source of livelihood from them; and funny enough, the guy in question is their dummy and doesn't have a mind of his own.
3years is small and doesn't count compared to a marriage you will regret after forcing yourself into it.
There's always time to retrace ur steps and start again. Take it as one of those mistakes ones does in life and thank God for not ending up with him; the societal issues will definitely come but brace urself up to face dem, and move on with your life.
One of the worst thing in marriage is to be hooked with a man who doesn't have a mind of his own especially when being advised or tossed about by his family.
I wish you luck as you move on.
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by enonche85(m): 10:07am On Aug 30, 2018
henrygale:
I think you have just been saved from what you would have termed your worst marital nightmare coz it is clear the siblings and family has a good grip of the guy who seems to be their source of livelihood.
You are seen as a threat who will take away this source of livelihood from them; and funny enough, the guy in question is their dummy and doesn't have a mind of his own.
3years is small and doesn't count compared to a marriage you will regret after forcing yourself into it.
There's always time to retrace ur steps and start again. Take it as one of those mistakes ones does in life and thank God for not ending up with him; the societal issues will definitely come but brace urself up to face dem, and move on with your life.
One of the worst thing in marriage is to be hooked with a man who doesn't have a mind of his own especially when being advised or tossed about by his family.

This is just the advice she needs....u've said it all.
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by rosalieene(f): 10:20am On Aug 30, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

You strike me as one of those people who like to do things because of what people will say and are in the habit of flaunting things to hear other people's opinions. In your wisdom you sacrifice your dignity and self worth because of a chance to go abroad and what people will say. I actually shake my head for you.

Oga are you sure you read my comment at all?

I guess u picked some and left some. thereby leaving the core message.

I don't need to explain anything further.
whatever you think is your headache
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Eliz24(f): 10:51am On Aug 30, 2018
I know it is not easy to let go of such relationship considering the years spent together and the shame attached to wedding cancellation but do not act desperate even if you are maintain your cool. They will look for you if need be and if not please try to move on.

1 Like

Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Beke2020: 11:06am On Aug 30, 2018
I Was A Good Girl But Why Did God Allow This To Happen To Me?

https://livelystones.com.ng/i-was-a-good-girl-but-why-did-god-allow-this-to-happen-to-me/
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by blackboy2star(m): 11:09am On Aug 30, 2018
THANK GOD FOR YOUR LIFE... PLEASE, MOVE ON MADAM. YOU LOVE HIM HE LOVES YOU IS NOT ENOUGH ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO BAD INLAW... ALL THE BEST

YOU WON'T BE THE FIRST TO DO INTRODUCTION AND NOT GET MARRIED AND WON'T BE THE LAST.
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by jeff1607(m): 11:16am On Aug 30, 2018
she calls him her ex yet she is looking for a way to get back

1 Like

Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by justcallmenuel(m): 11:24am On Aug 30, 2018
henrygale:
You're a genius bro.. Well said.

1 Like

Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by ebuka440: 11:50am On Aug 30, 2018
Don't you have any of his friends number? This may be a trial period for you to see if you truly love him. This may be a prank to see if you will fall out. Be calm because I believe that everything happens for a reason. Don't be fooled by people. When was the last time you heard from him. Let me tell you, there is no way that his friends won't be here in Nigeria. Where does he normally go to when he was still around in Nigeria, this is what you have to find out.
If by chance you are able to see him face to face and he says to you that I don't need you, just forget about him and move on. Thanks
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Johntemmy(m): 11:52am On Aug 30, 2018
A broken relationship is far better than a broken marriage you hear just be thankful and be prayerful.the right one will come soon.

get a strong hardwood for your house roofing call or WhatsApp me on 07060795767
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Maamin(m): 11:53am On Aug 30, 2018
InvertedHammer:
/
3 years planning for a wedding.

0 time planning for marriage.

/

This is deap

1 Like

Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Obeleagu93(m): 12:22pm On Aug 30, 2018
my dear marriage and dating are Neva de same that u dated him for 3 years is nothing compared to the grief u will go tru if u marry him.just move on I know it is hard but try and forget him

1 Like

Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by freddaboh(m): 12:23pm On Aug 30, 2018
Beke2020:
Dear Jzhane,

Please hide my ID.

I am very hurt. My wedding was supposed to take place last Saturday but it was called off without any explanation.

I met my man through my mother’s friend based aboard three years ago. We had our marriage introduction 2016 and we planned the wedding for April 2017 but sister was like we should postpone it reason is that for the brother to come down to Nigeria that the UK embassy don’t take absent of a spouse because they wanted to do it in his absent.

He begged me to wait that I should please bear with him it was not easy for me because already I have told people about my wedding and the date.

My ex has four sisters and they are kind of very close so involved them in everything he wants to do which I don’t have problem with that.His mum accepted me and me I love her took care of her like my mother even the sister who is out of marriage is staying with her mum with four children I love her too.

Fast forward to when the date was pick which is 25 of August that we started having issues.

It was his sisters that shopped for my wedding things which I complain that I don’t like the color ,they said the list I gave them was too expensive which is the hall and food ,I got a hall of #160 they got a hall of #300k near their house not even the bride side I never complain ,they said after the wedding I will stay with mother in law and sister which I said no due to distance and the nature of my work.

The worst of all that happened is that my ex was telling his sisters every thing we discussed both the argument and my chat he was forwarding it to them. His sister in Nigeria was telling them all manners of lies against me and they believed her.

They put pressure and fear on him not to marry me he has to call off the wedding after buying things for the wedding. He is around in Nigeria now and I try to see him but his family are refusing me seeing him because I don’t have his Nigeria ‘s no.

I was told that he said he love me but he scared based on what they told him. That I am not a wife material. That I will control him and drive him out because he stays in US.

My mother has been begging them but they refuse to listen.
He even blocked me since then. His cousin told me they already found another girl for him.

What do I do,I dated this guy for three years. I love him. I already have done introduction. Everybody knows I am supposed to be getting married. The scandal is killing my parents.If this guy still loves me,how do I win him back? He never gave a chance to explain myself. What did I do wrong?

Or should I really move on? After three years? Where do I start from?

https://livelystones.com.ng/after-planning-our-wedding-for-3-yearsthey-say-i-am-not-wife-material/

Women, always claiming to be the victims.
Meet the man now and it will be a different story all together.
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by frozen70(f): 12:58pm On Aug 30, 2018
Beke2020:
Dear Jzhane,

Please hide my ID.

I am very hurt. My wedding was supposed to take place last Saturday but it was called off without any explanation.

I met my man through my mother’s friend based aboard three years ago. We had our marriage introduction 2016 and we planned the wedding for April 2017 but sister was like we should postpone it reason is that for the brother to come down to Nigeria that the UK embassy don’t take absent of a spouse because they wanted to do it in his absent.

He begged me to wait that I should please bear with him it was not easy for me because already I have told people about my wedding and the date.

My ex has four sisters and they are kind of very close so involved them in everything he wants to do which I don’t have problem with that.His mum accepted me and me I love her took care of her like my mother even the sister who is out of marriage is staying with her mum with four children I love her too.

Fast forward to when the date was pick which is 25 of August that we started having issues.

It was his sisters that shopped for my wedding things which I complain that I don’t like the color ,they said the list I gave them was too expensive which is the hall and food ,I got a hall of #160 they got a hall of #300k near their house not even the bride side I never complain ,they said after the wedding I will stay with mother in law and sister which I said no due to distance and the nature of my work.

The worst of all that happened is that my ex was telling his sisters every thing we discussed both the argument and my chat he was forwarding it to them. His sister in Nigeria was telling them all manners of lies against me and they believed her.

They put pressure and fear on him not to marry me he has to call off the wedding after buying things for the wedding. He is around in Nigeria now and I try to see him but his family are refusing me seeing him because I don’t have his Nigeria ‘s no.

I was told that he said he love me but he scared based on what they told him. That I am not a wife material. That I will control him and drive him out because he stays in US.

He even blocked me since then. His cousin told me they already found another girl for him.

What do I do,I dated this guy for three years. I love him. I already have done introduction. Everybody knows I am supposed to be getting married. The scandal is killing my parents.If this guy still loves me,how do I win him back? He never gave a chance to explain myself. What did I do wrong?

https://livelystones.com.ng/after-planning-our-wedding-for-3-yearsthey-say-i-am-not-wife-material/

Hmmm
What a story. Sorry for everything.
From what you have just said that man doesn't have a voice or mind of his own

He is too attached to his family more than being attached to you, with that he can't take decisions without their approval which might not work out well with you in the journey of marriage

They have seen that you are intelligent and they felt with you their brother might not have time for them
The want some one they can dectect for or use the person as a robbot.

Just give God the glory for everything, even the disappointment in marriage because God knows all

Maybe you might marry him and eventually regret the marriage or he might refuse taking you abroad he might rather choose to be coming home to visit you

You are his choice but since he very close to the family, he has to follow the family choices

But believe me a time will come he will regret not marrying you because you are supposed to be the one to help him be a man

By then you would have been with a man that will love and cherish you unconditional

Let God handle it its own way

Don't think because he is abroad then he is the best man for you
You can still get married and relocate abroad with hubby and that's it

It's quiet painful but be happy and encourage your parents to thank God for every thing
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 30, 2018
She should thank her stars she did not marry into such a terrible family. They all lack the milk of human-kindness.
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Beke2020: 2:22pm On Aug 30, 2018
To me she dudged abullet, go for thanks giving.
ziddy:
She should thank her stars she did not marry into such a terrible family. They all lack the milk of human-kindness.

1 Like

Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by enemyofprogress: 2:58pm On Aug 30, 2018
Another super story by seun elewa
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Patrick3: 3:19pm On Aug 30, 2018
The reference to UK and US is contradicting madam story teller.

Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by NwaGodl1000(m): 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2018
You sounds more desperate as the guy is Americana and his family may not be wrong in their findings
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Beke2020: 9:00pm On Aug 30, 2018
You are a winner dear
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Beke2020: 1:10pm On Sep 02, 2018
May not be absolutely true
NwaGodl1000:
You sounds more desperate as the guy is Americana and his family may not be wrong in their findings
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by Beke2020: 7:55pm On Sep 02, 2018
Hmnnn
Re: After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material by seyz91(m): 8:47pm On Nov 25, 2021
To everyone reading this story, remember this is just her side of the story and never take vagina people side of story to make verdict

Beke2020:
Dear Jzhane,

Please hide my ID.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life / Dating A Nigerian Woman Is Like Taking Care Of Orphans - Breggle Acha Derrick / Please My Girlfriend Has Something To Do With Kanyamatta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.