Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? (24092 Views)

Why Are So Many Christians Against Jehovah Witnesses ? Why ? / Are Blood Transfusions Sinful? / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by Hairyrapunzel: 7:55pm On Sep 05, 2018
eyinjuege:

Are you really calling JW terrorists or even comparing them to terrorists?
I'm really surprised at the way you want to rationalise that
Remove sentiments, remove bias and remove prejudice from your story. Only then can you start seeing things clearly.

Blood transfusion is a medical treatment. Life saving. But these people don't want it. They have a right to chose, afterall its their life.

I'm very sure there must be some JW who have had blood transfusion before, and they still continue in their worship. Life is all about choices. They can choose to follow their doctrines or not.

I believe in the use of blood and blood products for people that need it. I can never preach against blood transfusion.

I have being called JW because I chose to see things differently. I have even being called some borderline names by people one would assume are not blinded by religion, but unfortunately have both eyes obviously blinded by bias and prejudice. Jokers.

The story of animal farm comes to mind.

Terrorists choose to take the lives of others.JW don't do that.

They have simply refused to receive certain medical help, and most importantly the LAW stands with them on that.
It may be seen as stupidity, foolishness but it is theirs and not anyone else's. It's as simple as that.

If you really care so much about transfusion as a life saving procedure, and really genuinely want to save lives of those that want to be saved there are more practical ways of doing that.
Donate blood regularly, it's a noble act. Many non JW people need it, and some places still don't have access to such transfusion services.
It means we shouldn't question terrorists about their choices. After all its their beliefs
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by alBHAGDADI: 8:30pm On Sep 05, 2018
Barristter07:

A young man and a woman reads Abstain from fornication, the Lady is a virgin . so they believe so far her virginity is intact they haven't commit fornication , but continues to engage in Anal or MouthAction . You would agree with me that they are deceiving themselves ? but to them, so far they are not doing it through her main private part , it's not fornication.

Likewise , either orally or intravenously . Accepting blood into ones system violate the commandment to Abstain from Blood

Act 15:29

To think otherwise is to deceive oneself.

How many times do we have to show you guys that the blood spoken of is ANIMAL BLOOD?

I've used different verses to explain that that verse in Acts 15, yet you guys keep insisting on being stubborn.

Even during the sex you mentioned, blood is exchanged. Why can't you just ban sex so as to enable us abstain from blood totally since you say the verse is talking about human blood as well?

What about babies that swallow blood when their mother delivers them?

Your doctrine is weak.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by eyinjuege: 8:42pm On Sep 05, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

It means we shouldn't question terrorists about their choices. After all its their beliefs

JW are not blowing you up, or taking the lives of others. They're not even physically harming themselves. They just do not believe in a particular type of medical care should any harm come upon them.
If you chose to equate their life choices to those of terrorists, that's your prerogative.
The law is on their side. The law must be wrong and the judiciary system worldwide must be filled with stupid, senseless and blood sucking lawmakers who had the audacity to give people the power to make their own choices as per medical treatment.
You can start your campaign by first of all changing the law in order that people may receive care whether they want it or not.
Its a shame many of you are bigoted and cannot see the bigger picture, and this has nothing to do with religion.
It's astonishing to see where one expects to find wisdom filled with all shades of foolishness.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by alBHAGDADI: 8:45pm On Sep 05, 2018
Are transfusions equivalent to eating blood?

The whole position of the Jehovah's Witnesses hinges on the assertion that blood transfusions are just another form of eating blood. They contend straightforwardly that you are still sustaining yourself by putting another living thing's blood in your body. The fact that you are not doing this through the digestive system is mere semantic quibbling. When someone cannot eat due to illness or injury, we feed them intravenously, so how is this really any different? They reinforce this with analogies like that of a man whose doctor tells him to abstain from alcohol. Would it be okay for the man to stop drinking, but to inject alcohol directly into his veins? In this way they attempt to show that, behind the apparent differences, eating blood and receiving a blood transfusion are in fact variations of the same thing.
Medically this is not at all the case. If you eat blood, you break it down into nutrients, which your body then uses. What makes it to your own blood stream is not blood at all. It has been completely broken down like any other food. That is what eating something is. Jesus Himself speaks of eating in Mark 7:19 specifically and necessarily as "what goes into the stomach and is eliminated" (or literally, "passed out into the latrine"wink.

A transfusion is quite different. The blood stays blood. It does not nourish you. It does what your blood does. It carries oxygen that your body receives from your lungs and nutrients that your body receives from food and takes them throughout your body, but the blood does not provide you anything from itself. In this way, it is different even from "feeding" through an IV, which puts simple nutrients straight into your blood to be carried about and used. Notice that even this kind of "feeding" is not actually food at all, but rather substitutes what food would normally provide for you.

You could not liquefy chicken, spinach, or carrots and inject them into your veins. That would kill you. Food needs to be digested. That's what it means to eat. Intravenous "feeding" is not really feeding at all, but a temporary substitute for feeding. How much less, then, can a blood transfusion be considered eating, which does not even so much as a substitute for eating at all! For all these reasons, medically speaking, eating blood and transfusing blood are not remotely the same thing.

They are not the same thing by intent either. The alcoholic in the Jehovah's Witness' example, who tries to get around his doctor's orders by injecting alcohol into his veins, is attempting to accomplish the same thing as drinking the alcohol. The patient receiving a blood transfusion, however, is not seeking a meal. He is not satisfying his hunger. The situation is completely different. Yes, you could say very generally that both are using blood to sustain their body, but this is far too vague to be meaningful. If I go to a doctor for surgery, his hands will literally enter my body to cure me of some ailment. I am using the doctor to sustain my body. That, however, does not make surgery the same as cannibalism. I did not eat the doctor's hands, even though his hands entered my body to sustain me. The situation is simply not comparable.

Conclusion

It is a noble thing to be willing to die rather than do evil; however, it is a tragic thing when a false teaching and misrepresentation of Scripture causes lives to be needlessly lost. This is unfortunately the case with the Jehovah's Witness doctrine on blood transfusions. Scripture, not to mention medical science and common sense, teaches us that eating blood and receiving a blood transfusion are not practically or morally equivalent; they are, in fact, opposite. It is a heavy thing to consider how those who have promoted this false teaching will have to give an account before a holy God of the lives it has needlessly cost if they do not repent.

https://carm.org/are-blood-transfusions-sinful

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by alBHAGDADI: 8:49pm On Sep 05, 2018
eyinjuege:

JW are not blowing you up, or taking the lives of others. They're not even physically harming themselves. They just do not believe in a particular type of medical care should any harm come upon them.
If you chose to equate their life choices to those of terrorists, that's your prerogative.
The law is on their side. The law must be wrong and the judiciary system worldwide must be filled with stupid, senseless and blood sucking lawmakers who had the audacity to give people the power to make their own choices as per medical treatment.
You can start your campaign by first of all changing the law in order that people may receive care whether they want it or not.
Its a shame many of you are bigoted and cannot see the bigger picture, and this has nothing to do with religion.
It's astonishing to see where one expects to find wisdom filled with all shades of foolishness.

They are no different from Terrorists in that they disfellowship any of their member who takes blood. They excommunicate such member, meaning other JW will stop talking to him, even his own family members will shin him.

This is worse, cos at least terrorists end ones misery with instant death.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:50pm On Sep 05, 2018
eyinjuege:

Is choosing death over blood transfusion for your kids and yourself not murder and suicide respectively?

Jim Jones murdered his Temple members by giving them kool aid and his members drank it freely without thinking. He and his members were right too if jws are right.

Last last they are all forms of extremism.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by eyinjuege: 9:05pm On Sep 05, 2018
homesteady:

The extra story wasn't necessary. My post specifically addressed a point you made in your post about questioning people's choices.

If i suddenly wake up and decide not to take blood products, it's entirely different from I not wanting to take blood products because the leader of my religious sector said I shouldn't.
You saying we shouldn't question their choices would also mean we don't have the right to question the choices made by anyone.

Please don't try to whip up sentiments by telling me to donate blood again because I'm hell sure you would. I'm not eligible to donate.

How convenient you're not eligible to donate. You call it sentiments, I call it reality of life. This thread was about transfusion, and how it's life saving. Agreed? (So how can we save more lives of those that want to be saved and don't mind transfusions? If not bias, why try to force transfusion on people that don't want when even those that want don't have access to it?)
So many baseless discussions that will lead to no fruition. Do you know how many decades this particular talk has been on for? It's an overflogged issue, long before the dream of NL was ever borne.
There are more practical ways of genuinely making a difference
Talking of sentiments, this thread was started in the first place to whip up sentiments, by using an innocent woman's name and story. Her crime was just being JW.
JW chose to believe their leaders. Same way some people chose to believe Jesus and other prophets.
You have no right to question their life choices. As simple as that. If however, they come on your lane like terrorists do, then you can start questioning.
They are not a threat to your life or existence.
I really do hope you know they are backed by the law. If you really have a problem with them, why not try to change the law so as not to favor such choices? That's a more practical way isn't it?
There is a reason they are backed and supported by the law, maybe a reason many people don't have the capacity to grasp.
Unless of course it's all about making noise as usual on NL.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 05, 2018
Seun:
The Jesus of the gospels would have supported the eating of blood if he thought it would benefit his disciples, not to mention transfusions:

To me, this is an open and shut case. Regardless of the political decision of Acts 15, Jesus himself declared all foods to be clean. Even blood.

cc: OneJ, JMAN05, eyingueje, capitalzero, and achorladey, triplec93

Sorry for how you feel about Williams. Our heart goes to any of Jahs servant that suffers for righteousness sake. I ve not read the story, but let me assume it's true. If it did happen, know that Jehovah won't forget whatever anyone did for His name. If she lost a life, she would get it back.

However, Something is wrong with your application of Mark 4. Jesus would not agree to the eating of human flesh as food, would he? But with your application that won't be wrong.

I won't agree that what happened during the council at Acts 15 is political. Verse 28 shows that Gods holy spirit helped in the decision.

5 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by OneJ: 9:20pm On Sep 05, 2018
eyinjuege:

Pls dont mind that bigoted one wey Him middle name na senseless. All his posts are manifestation of Anti JW viral syndrome, an incurable ,long term ailment.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by eyinjuege: 9:26pm On Sep 05, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Is choosing death over blood transfusion for your kids and yourself not murder and suicide respectively?

Jim Jones murdered his Temple members by giving them kool aid and his members drank it freely without thinking. He and his members were right too if jws are right.

Last last they are all forms of extremism.

He killed other people. JW are not killing anybody. Refusing treatment is not suicide or murder as an adult. Refusing treatment for a child is a safeguarding issue bordering on child abuse, and your wishes will be overturned. Simple as abc.
I would only be worried if their leaders go to the hospital and try to stop their members from getting transfused if members want it. Their leaders don't have such powers either. No hospital will stop a transfusion because the leader of the patient's sect says so.
Did JW cause accidents on the highway warranting the need for blood transfusion?
Stop jumping on the bandwagon, be calm, look at things deeply before trying to rationalise them.
I'm not interested in the religious jargons everyone is spewing about.
To me, it's a simple straightforward matter. I don't care if its the tree at the back of your house that told you not to take blood transfusion, if you chose that path, good for you. You are an adult, capable of making your own decisions.
I would only be worried if you try to impose your own life choices on others. And I feel that's what a lot of people here including you are trying to do. Humans will always resist imposition.
Their leaders are not forcing them, they have the choice to leave and become muslims, or catholics or whatever they choose to be.
All I just see here are fanatical non-religious people...The irony of it all....hahaha. My opinion, I stand by it.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:29pm On Sep 05, 2018
eyinjuege:

He killed other people. JW are not killing anybody. Refusing treatment is not murder as an adult. Refusing treatment foe a child is a safeguarding issue, and your wishes will be overturned
I would only be worried if their leaders go to the hospital and try to stop their members from getting transfused if they want it. Their leaders don't have such powers either. No hospital will stop a transfusion because the leader of the patient's sect says so.
Did JW cause accidents on the highway warranting the need for blood transfusion?
Stop jumping on the bandwagon, be calm, look at things deeply before trying to rationalise them.
To me, it's a simple straightforward matter. I don't care if its the tree at the back of your house that told you not to take blood transfusion, if you chose that path, good for you. You are an adult, capable of making your own decisions.
I would only be worried if you try to impose your own life choices on others. And I feel that's what a lot of people here including you are trying to do. Humans will always resist imposition.
Their leaders are not forcing them, they have the choice to leave and become muslims, or catholics or whatever they choose to be.
All I just see here are fanatical non-religious people...The irony of it all....hahaha. My opinion, I stand by it.
They are killing their children and themselves. Doesn't matter who is being killed as far as there is killing taking place.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by eyinjuege: 9:34pm On Sep 05, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

They are killing their children and themselves. Doesn't matter who is being killed as far as there is killing taking place.

Really? How many knives and guns have you caught with them? Or are they using blows to knock themselves out?
Please, you need to report these murders to the police.
Please draw the attention of our lawmakers to these killings. The world must be asleep.
Ask the whole world to wake up to the killings by these murderous JW. Afterall, you have rightly earlier pointed out they are not a Nigerian organisation, they are international.
Y'all should stop being sentimental and emotional. The whole world has moved past certain issues, and it's a pity you didn't get the memo.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:35pm On Sep 05, 2018
eyinjuege:

He killed other people. JW are not killing anybody. Refusing treatment is not suicide or murder as an adult. Refusing treatment for a child is a safeguarding issue bordering on child abuse, and your wishes will be overturned. Simple as abc.
I would only be worried if their leaders go to the hospital and try to stop their members from getting transfused if members want it. Their leaders don't have such powers either. No hospital will stop a transfusion because the leader of the patient's sect says so.

Its like you never hear of HLC they bully people into rejecting blood transfusion.

If you do something leaders say you shouldn't do and the punishment is to be ostracized doesnt that mean you are being coerced?
There is always a punishment for defaulting. So don't come here to tell us that the leaders are not forcing them.
They kill their children because of their leaders laws. Is this one not murder?
Abi you also want to justify their killing their children?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by eyinjuege: 9:39pm On Sep 05, 2018
OneJ:

Pls dont mind that bigoted one wey Him middle name na senseless. All his posts are manifestation of Anti JW viral syndrome, an incurable ,long term ailment.

Let's get one thing clear o, I'm not JW. I don't believe in their doctrines tbh.
I'm just a very dispassionate someborry.
My principle about life has been live and let live.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by OneJ: 9:40pm On Sep 05, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

They are no different from Terrorists in that they disfellowship any of their member who takes blood. They excommunicate such member, meaning other JW will stop talking to him, even his own family members will shin him.

This is worse, cos at least terrorists end ones misery with instant death.

What a senseless comment !
Born again iniquity!
Only a sick man compares JWs with terrorists. Aside JWs, Catholic , Lutheran, Protestant Churches all practice it ,more so it is biblical.
(Source :Excommunication wikipedia).

"It is reported that there is sexual immorality among you,& of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has his father's wife.... shouldn't you rather have been filled with grief & put out of your fellowship the man who did this?.... Expel the wicked man from among you" 1 Cor 5:1-12.

I wonder if U are losing your sanity.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:49pm On Sep 05, 2018
eyinjuege:

Really? How many knives and guns have you caught with them? Or are they using blows to knock themselves out?
Please draw the attention of our lawmakers to these killings. The world must be asleep.
Ask the whole world to wake up to the killings by these murderous JW. Afterall, you have rightly earlier pointed out they are not a Nigerian organisation, they are international.
Y'all should stop being sentimental and emotional. The whole world has moved past certain issues, and it's a pity you didn't get the memo.

You think it's only guns and knives you can use to coerce people? Lol
Kindergarten way of thinking. It's obvious your gb members are really thinking for you.

You are a leader and you tell people that if they disobey the laws you have set in place you will be slaughtered in the upcoming Armageddon

You are a leader and you say that if people disobey your laws they will loose their families and friends.

Did the leaders use gun? No. They rather used emotional/ psychological manipulation by instilling fear and depriving people of social contact (social death)

people are not daft here. We actually think for ourselves. I see you trying to hide your groups evil practices.

If jws can question the beliefs/doctrines of Christendom then we can question their doctrines too.
What's good for the goose is also good for the gander.

Don't ever use the normal jw line of if leaders are pointing gun to their head line again as it's an outdated form of trying to appeal to people's lack of knowledge about your use of non weapon form of punishment.

You can't deceive us sorry.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:50pm On Sep 05, 2018
OneJ:

Born again iniquity!
Only a sick man compares JWs with terrorists. Aside JWs, Catholic , Lutheran, Protestant Churches all practice it ,more so it is biblical.

"It is reported that there is sexual immorality among you,& of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has his father's wife.... shouldn't you rather have been filled with grief & put out of your fellowship the man who did this?.... Expel the wicked man from among you" 1 Cor 5:1-12.

So because Satan worshippers practice it you guys chose to copy these Satan worshippers? Interesting
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by eyinjuege: 9:52pm On Sep 05, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Its like you never hear of HLC they bully people into rejecting blood transfusion.

If you do something leaders say you shouldn't do and the punishment is to be ostracized doesnt that mean you are being coerced?
There is always a punishment for defaulting. So don't come here to tell us that the leaders are not forcing them.
They kill their children because of their leaders laws. Is this one not murder?
Abi you also want to justify their killing their children?

Ostracized by who?
By other members? If they dont accept you, then leave. Is friendship by force?
That's the choice and freewill I'm talking about.
I know you very well now, you always pretend not to see what is written before you. In case you don't know, worldwide, no child needing blood transfusion will be denied such because his JW father said so.
In Nigeria, we know how how controlling parents can be even in the lives of their adult children. If that law is not being enforced in Nigeria, it's only because every parent wants to have that choice to control the decison over their child so they are not going to talk about it.
You cannot love a JW more than he loves himself, he doesn't want your blood.
If you're so concerned that Nigerian children needing blood are denied that and not being treated by Drs, why not draw attention to that instead? Same way attention is being drawn to people with gunshot injuries and treatment in hospitals?

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:54pm On Sep 05, 2018
eyinjuege:

Ask the whole world to wake up to the killings by these murderous JW. Afterall, you have rightly earlier pointed out they are not a Nigerian organisation, they are internationally.

We are being sentimental and emotional because we are humans and not robots.

When you remove compassion, empathy and love from humans you have created robots and zombies.
Being sentimental and emotional is not a bad thing when you see people dying because of a lie that they get to live in a paradise earth as depicted in a magazine by a publishing company posing as a religious group.

Humanity wins last last.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by OneJ: 9:55pm On Sep 05, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Are transfusions equivalent to eating blood?

The whole position of the Jehovah's Witnesses hinges on the assertion that blood transfusions are just another form of eating blood. They contend straightforwardly that you are still sustaining yourself by putting another living thing's blood in your body. The fact that you are not doing this through the digestive system is mere semantic quibbling. When someone cannot eat due to illness or injury, we feed them intravenously, so how is this really any different? They reinforce this with analogies like that of a man whose doctor tells him to abstain from alcohol. Would it be okay for the man to stop drinking, but to inject alcohol directly into his veins? In this way they attempt to show that, behind the apparent differences, eating blood and receiving a blood transfusion are in fact variations of the same thing.
Medically this is not at all the case. If you eat blood, you break it down into nutrients, which your body then uses. What makes it to your own blood stream is not blood at all. It has been completely broken down like any other food. That is what eating something is. Jesus Himself speaks of eating in Mark 7:19 specifically and necessarily as "what goes into the stomach and is eliminated" (or literally, "passed out into the latrine"wink.

A transfusion is quite different. The blood stays blood. It does not nourish you. It does what your blood does. It carries oxygen that your body receives from your lungs and nutrients that your body receives from food and takes them throughout your body, but the blood does not provide you anything from itself. In this way, it is different even from "feeding" through an IV, which puts simple nutrients straight into your blood to be carried about and used. Notice that even this kind of "feeding" is not actually food at all, but rather substitutes what food would normally provide for you.

You could not liquefy chicken, spinach, or carrots and inject them into your veins. That would kill you. Food needs to be digested. That's what it means to eat. Intravenous "feeding" is not really feeding at all, but a temporary substitute for feeding. How much less, then, can a blood transfusion be considered eating, which does not even so much as a substitute for eating at all! For all these reasons, medically speaking, eating blood and transfusing blood are not remotely the same thing.

They are not the same thing by intent either. The alcoholic in the Jehovah's Witness' example, who tries to get around his doctor's orders by injecting alcohol into his veins, is attempting to accomplish the same thing as drinking the alcohol. The patient receiving a blood transfusion, however, is not seeking a meal. He is not satisfying his hunger. The situation is completely different. Yes, you could say very generally that both are using blood to sustain their body, but this is far too vague to be meaningful. If I go to a doctor for surgery, his hands will literally enter my body to cure me of some ailment. I am using the doctor to sustain my body. That, however, does not make surgery the same as cannibalism. I did not eat the doctor's hands, even though his hands entered my body to sustain me. The situation is simply not comparable.

Conclusion

It is a noble thing to be willing to die rather than do evil; however, it is a tragic thing when a false teaching and misrepresentation of Scripture causes lives to be needlessly lost. This is unfortunately the case with the Jehovah's Witness doctrine on blood transfusions. Scripture, not to mention medical science and common sense, teaches us that eating blood and receiving a blood transfusion are not practically or morally equivalent; they are, in fact, opposite. It is a heavy thing to consider how those who have promoted this false teaching will have to give an account before a holy God of the lives it has needlessly cost if they do not repent.

https://carm.org/are-blood-transfusions-sinful

Sophistry na your guy name.
what is the fate or results when someone refuse to eat or drink anything & rejected intravenous injection of any kind ?
Mumu post.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by eyinjuege: 9:56pm On Sep 05, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

You think it's only guns and knives you can use to coerce people? Lol
Kindergarten way of thinking. It's obvious your gb members are really thinking for you.

You are a leader and you tell people that if they disobey the laws you have set in place you will be slaughtered in the upcoming Armageddon

You are a leader and you say that if people disobey your laws they will loose their families and friends.

Did the leaders use gun? No. They rather used emotional/ psychological manipulation by instilling fear and depriving people of social contact (social death)

people are not daft here. We actually think for ourselves. I see you trying to hide your groups evil practices.

If jws can question the beliefs/doctrines of Christendom then we can question their doctrines too.
What's good for the goose is also good for the gander.

Don't ever use the normal jw line of if leaders are pointing gun to their head line again as it's an outdated form of trying to appeal to people's lack of knowledge about your use of non weapon form of punishment.

You can't deceive us sorry.

Kindly spare me the all the BS and again, stop being so emotional. It's not your business what anyone decides to believe in.
If you truly believe murder is being committed, you have a moral obligation to report it. Kindly do so.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:00pm On Sep 05, 2018
eyinjuege:

Ostracized by who?
By other members? If they dont accept you, then leave. Is friendship by force?
That's the choice and freewill I'm talking about.
I know you very well now, you always pretend not to see what is written before you. In case you don't know, worldwide, no child needing blood transfusion will be denied such because his JW father said so.
In Nigeria, we know how how controlling parents can be even in the lives of their adult children. If that law is not being enforced in Nigeria, it's only because every parent wants to have that choice to control the decison over their child so they are not going to talk about it.
You cannot love a JW more than he loves himself, he doesn't want your blood.
If you're so concerned that Nigerian children needing blood are denied that and not being treated by Drs, why not draw attention to that instead? Same way attention is being drawn to people with gunshot injuries and treatment in hospitals?

Lol. Think of your parents, all your brothers, sisters, cousins, uncles, aunties, relatives friends not talking to you.

Your parents will see you outside and pass you like they never knew you.
It obvious you are a jw and you want outsiders to think it's easy to just walk away from family and friends you have know all your life.

You want to make your cult and it's practices look good. It's not.
Every human needs social support except you are a zombie/robot you won't need one
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by eyinjuege: 10:02pm On Sep 05, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

We are being sentimental and emotional because we are humans and not robots.

When you remove compassion, empathy and love from humans you have created robots and zombies.
Being sentimental and emotional is not a bad thing when you see people dying because of a lie that they get to live in a paradise earth as depicted in a magazine by a publishing company posing as a religious group.

Humanity wins last last.

You have no humanity, and you are even worse than the religious people. I see no compassion, no empathy and certainly no love in you.
I guess everything Nigerian must always show itself. Even their own brand of atheism, agnoism leaves nothing to be desired.
Whether JW or anyone believes in heaven, paradise, hell, aljannah is non of your business.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 05, 2018
eyinjuege:

When will u guys learn to live apostates alone? Do you love disobeying Jehovah just so that you can win argument?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:06pm On Sep 05, 2018
eyinjuege:

Kindly spare me the all the BS and again, stop being so emotional. It's not your business what anyone decides to believe in.
If you truly believe murder is being committed, you have a moral obligation to report it. Kindly do so.

I can see now you are angry people are calling out your cult for what it really is.
If you wanna be a robot and zombie continue.

Since your gb says you should defend their laws good for you. But why lie you ain't a jw? Are you ashamed of your cult?

Why are you angry that I have a contrary view to what you believe? It's my business in what you believe since your main aim is to tarnish the image of Christians then I will continue to tell nairalanders about your non biblical doctrines.

Normal jw line saying if you believe killing your children because you refused blood transfusion for them is murder, then report to the police. Lol
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by eyinjuege: 10:08pm On Sep 05, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Lol. Think of your parents, all your brothers, sisters, cousins, uncles, aunties, relatives friends not talking to you.

Your parents will see you outside and pass you like they never knew you.
It obvious you are a jw and you want outsiders to think it's easy to just walk away from family and friends you have know all your life.

You want to make your cult and it's practices look good. It's not.
Every human needs social support except you are a zombie/robot you won't need one

Its non of your business if I am JW.
Many JW I have met are polite, kind, non-judgemental people, and certainly nothing bad being seen as one. We all just didn't like them knocking on our doors on Sundays and giving us pamphlets on the streets, but i still politely collect their pamphlets because they are friendly.
Better be JW than practicing whatever you believe or don't believe in.
I am fine with my social support thank you.
The experience you had as an ex JW is not same for everybody. You can still reconnect with your family if you miss them so much.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:09pm On Sep 05, 2018
JMAN05:

When will u guys learn to live apostates alone? Do you love disobeying Jehovah just so that you can win argument?

It's so funny that it's only apostates that can call out your non biblical doctrines/beliefs/assumptions and it will get to you guys. Kikikiki.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by alBHAGDADI: 10:19pm On Sep 05, 2018
OneJ:

Born again iniquity!

Who said excommunication is not biblical? But I wonder how you can't see from the verse you quoted that excommunication is on the grounds of sexual immorality, not because of blood transfusion.

The reason why I likened your own kind of excommunication to terrorism is because you guys not only kick a person out of your congregation for something as little as questioning your doctrines, but you also stop talking to the person. Even when you meet on the street, you ignore the person's greetings. Even his family is told to do the same thing. Isn't that terrorizing enough?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:20pm On Sep 05, 2018
eyinjuege:

Its non of your business if I am JW.
Many JW I have met are polite, kind, non-judgemental people, and certainly nothing bad being seen as one. We all just didn't like them knocking on our doors on Sundays and giving us pamphlets on the streets, but i still politely collect their pamphlets because they are friendly.
Better be JW than practicing whatever you believe or don't believe in.
I am fine with my social support thank you.
The experience you had as an ex JW is not same for everybody. You can still reconnect with your family if you miss them so much.

Lol. After lying you're not jw. I no fit laugh. The way you guys think and reason is not normal.
Your comments didn't seem to come from a normal human being. It just looked like what robots will do just as they are commanded.
Many worldly people I have met are polite, kind, non-judgemental people, and certainly nothing bad being seen as one too.
Abeg spare us the plenty sermons.
Has your gb changed their Satan worshipping doctrine of disfellowshipping and shunning? No
So there will not be any hope of reconnecting with family.

Ehen your gb says that Jws should treat the disfellowshipped family as if they are dead too.
This cult strong sha.
JMAN05 is tired of me on nairaland sef
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by alBHAGDADI: 10:24pm On Sep 05, 2018
OneJ:

Sophistry na your guy name.
what is the fate or results when someone refuse to eat or drink anything & rejected intravenous injection of any kind ?
Mumu post.
What is the fate or result when someone refuses to eat, drink, take intravenous injection and also MEDICINE?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:27pm On Sep 05, 2018
eyinjuege:

You have no humanity, and you are even worse than the religious people. I see no compassion, no empathy and certainly no love in you.
I guess everything Nigerian must always show itself. Even their own brand of atheism, agnoism leaves nothing to be desired.
Whether JW or anyone believes in heaven, paradise, hell, aljannah is non of your business.

Lol. Jw person. Humanity? You that says killings done in a cult should not be anyone's business?
People like you said nobody should question the choice of Jim Jones peoples temple members at the end of the day he killed them all and they allowed it.

I will question o. I have contrary views and nothing will stop me from exercising my God given right.

You know what's paining you and JMAN05 is that you people can't deceive people like us with your outer sheep clothing we can see the inner wolves in you guys.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: Why Are Blood Transfusions So Bad? by eyinjuege: 10:29pm On Sep 05, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

I can see now you are angry people are calling out your cult for what it really is.
If you wanna be a robot and zombie continue.

Since your gb says you should defend their laws good for you. But why lie you ain't a jw? Are you ashamed of your cult?

Why are you angry that I have a contrary view to what you believe? It's my business in what you believe since your main aim is to tarnish the image of Christians then I will continue to tell nairalanders about your non biblical doctrines.

Normal jw line saying if you believe killing your children because you refused blood transfusion for them is murder, then report to the police. Lol

You want me to claim JW, but i am not.
If I was JW, I would never be ashamed to call myself one, as most of them appear to be polite and kind people.
I simply am not one.
Why would you assume everyone would speak against them btw?
When you have better arguments, let me know.
You sound like someone who has been ostracized by the JW.
Life doesn't begin and end with JW, so move on from the place of pain and hurt. You also seem to know so much about the sect. Everything I've ever learnt about them, the 8 men in suits in NY was from you on a previous thread. You have also mentioned HLM or is it HCM somewhere on this thread, and I don't even know what that means. I strongly believe you used to be a member, and they did something wrong to you.
All my years on earth, I know very little about them other than this issue of blood transfusion, no celebrations, pamphlets and knocking on doors every Sunday. Until I met you on a thread, and learnt about men in NY, now HLM.
Leave them alone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Apostle Edu Udechukwu Sends DJ Out Of His Wedding For Playing Secular Music / Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? / Orji Uzor Kalu's Thanksgiving Service In Abuja: Maurice Iwu, Ngige, Attend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.