Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:49 AM

Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust (61978 Views)

Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal / Joe Igbokwe Reacts To Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Over NYSC Certificate Scandal / Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by Iampromxzy(m): 1:15pm On Sep 14, 2018
nairalandbuzz:
All because of NYSC bruhaha.... I see no reason in her resigning when those that does not even have certificates have not done so...

Whichever, it is a good foundation we expect others in same clime to follow.

Kudos to Aunty Kemi.
nairalandbuzz:
All because of NYSC bruhaha.... I see no reason in her resigning when those that does not even have certificates have not done so...

Kudos to Aunty Kemi.
nairalandbuzz:

Kudos to Aunty Kemi.
Thats Whats Wise People Do when they are insulted for serving the people.

Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 14, 2018
Ekez:
Very good ,
Buhari should resign as well

Which buhari lol grin

No even think am
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by Glorymax: 1:16pm On Sep 14, 2018
Don't know the main reason for her resignation, be it the NYSC certificate issue. However, my major concern is how the over $70 billion foreign debt hanging on the nation's neck will be settled.
It will be on record that under watch, our debt profile rose to that height.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by resurgent2019: 1:16pm On Sep 14, 2018
AmazingELixir:

The reason this country is where it is currently is because the right persons are not at the helm of affairs, the country is blessed with persons a lot better than Kemi, if the government is serious about finding a competent replacement they have a large pool of very qualified professionals to do even better job.

Leave out sentiment in your judgement that way you'll be a much better person, a friendly advice for you.

Who are the better persons? Igbos?

Please tell us the better igbos you want to replace Kemi Adeosun so we can send that person for confirmation.

Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by Talknochip(m): 1:16pm On Sep 14, 2018
Lol... And this one now will take away the searchlight and attention from the DSS DG appointment!.... Naija, One 'minute' one trouble .... Mrs Adeosun did the right thing but the law should still take it course...Kudos to Premium times!

Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by OAFMods: 1:16pm On Sep 14, 2018
IBBG:
lol. i think it has to do with the court case instigated against her. Someone is afraid of going to jail for perjury. There is no way the presidency would have bailed her out of this. This is why i love the rule of law. Strong institutions always defeats strong individuals. Smart move on her part though. If i were her i'll just leave the country after resignation to kill the case. Nigerians this is what happens when you insist and stand your ground for the rule of law. The political class knows this that is why they are happy with our docility. The day Nigerians will revolt, and stand firm for the rule of law, there will be no hidding place for them all.

What happened to the 21 slaughtered by Jonathan Ebele and Abba Moro after swindling several Nigeria youth with immigration scandal ?
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by adecz: 1:17pm On Sep 14, 2018
eagleeye2:

Did Stella forge her certificate? why the comparison?

Stella's case worse than this sef.

She presented a fake masters degree
& paraded a fake honorary PhD.

Yet she is a senator today.
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by earnvest: 1:17pm On Sep 14, 2018
earnvest:

There is a 3-year jail term attached to certificate fraud as specified by the NYSC act.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by EternalTruths: 1:18pm On Sep 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

Leave odua republic alone and face the matter at hand. Which igbo economist do you want to replace Aunty kemi?

Let me educate you this amala saturated boy.

All southerners in Aso Rock are fed up with Buhari's style of government.

Kemi is the first to quit and watch out as more and more southerners abandon Buhari.

Even the DSS saga has annoyed Osinbajo who would still quit very soon.

Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by Johnnyessence(m): 1:18pm On Sep 14, 2018
effido666:
hmmm contest without NYSC cert.? lipsrsealed
Hmmmmmmm very true. but she can still contest for senatorial seat in ogun state with her o'level result or bsc certificate .

Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

Leave odua republic alone and face the matter at hand. Which igbo economist do you want to replace Aunty kemi?
Did any Igbo person say that he/she wants to replace Kemi the certificate forger ? ?

CC onyeoga madridguy buhariguy omenka shalomc iceberg3 yarimo odvanguard pointzerom t9ksy imperialyoruba odvanguard yorubaassasin alariiwo lzaa Ikenna0b ngeneukwenu captaing00d roger3d IbrahimDamola jumpandpas

Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by miqos03: 1:19pm On Sep 14, 2018
Why ?
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by omo1478(m): 1:19pm On Sep 14, 2018
benben1000:
How yoruba people support this woman tire me. This is not about removing a yoruba, for God in heaven, there are thousands of more qualified yorubas than her around the world. Stop supporting mediocrity. An accountant has no business running a macro economy. Look at out economy, every small thing, she borrows. Who is that smart yoruba man that served as minister of industry under GEJ?
Olusegun Aganga
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 14, 2018
Naija2mumu:
Damage control . Remember Stella odua

Stella Oduah did nothing. Pls focus on ur Afonja certificate forgery aunty.

Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 14, 2018
nairalandbuzz:

Kudos to Aunty Kemi.

U are a curse unto ur self.

Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by nairalandbuzz(m): 1:21pm On Sep 14, 2018
PrecisionFx:

U are a curse unto ur self.

And you are a curse unto your generation.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by Naija2mumu(m): 1:21pm On Sep 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

Why would I separate sentiments from the issue? Igbos have made it their defining objective to oust her from her job.

And I ask, are you happy now?

I have got news for you, the position will not go to an Igbo person. We prefer for it to go to an hausa person.

Aunty kemi should go take a vacation in the U.K. She has been made to go through hell for this trivial issue by the igbos.
This is not about Igbo Hausa or Yoruba but rule of law. If you claim igbos wants her job then asked yourself on what ground are they fighring her. What's their point. I'm an Igbo and i believe in rule of law no matter who the web caught. Stella Odua was by former administration and i was against them retaining her. Is about the law not tribe. They are millions of Yoruba that can take up the job but let the rul of law be followed.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by princejenks(m): 1:21pm On Sep 14, 2018
sainty2k3:

So in case this news is true, what do you want. He should kill her?
if indeed she resigned on account of presenting a fake nysc certificate, which is a prerequisite for being a minister btw,then they need to go a step further by prosecuting her for lying under oath,I.e perjury,which can send her to jail by our laws
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by Igbodicool(m): 1:21pm On Sep 14, 2018
If true, my respect to her.
Only Igbos can take the bull by the horn.
My one and only Igbo tribe that fought Hausa, Yoruba, America, Britain to stand still for three years with bare hands.
Aunty Kemi ndewo!

Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by ozo13(m): 1:21pm On Sep 14, 2018
Racoon:
ICPC, AGF over to you guys.She must be arrested, charge to court, prosecuted, convicted & jailed.Shame on Sagay, Femi Adeshina & the entire APC.Government of one day one scandal. angry angry Enough is enough.
supported .she should be jaiked the same way Stella oduah was jailed during the bullet proof car saga
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by 2n2k(m): 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2018
IBBG:
if you think the president can protect then why is she resigning? If she had waited for her case to be concluded in court without she resigning and she is found guilty, she would have been arrested and jailed. she has no immunity in her position and there is nothing the president would have done to save her head. Other wise everyone currently in jail for the same crime like hers will have to be set free. That is the rule of law. You can't selectively implement it.

The case in court is a civil case. Only the government can prosecute her in criminal case except the attorney general grant a private person, the leave to do so. FG won’t prosecute her.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by inaolaji1988: 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2018
Finally Kemi adeosun has proven herself as a patriotic and real member of Chartered accountant which honesty and integrity is their watchword and that should be given
priority always.....But am still waiting for Oga buhari resignation as her sister has laid down a good example of' INTEGRITY "

Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by Naija2mumu(m): 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Stella Oduah did nothing. Pls focus on ur Afonja certificate forgery aunty.
oga abum nwafor igbo and sentiment doesn't cloud my sense of reasoning o.
Ndewo
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2018
at least, she slayed in that position as finance minister.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 14, 2018
Naija2mumu:
This is not about Igbo Hausa or Yoruba but rule of law. If you claim igbos wants her job then asked yourself on what ground are they fighring her. What's their point. I'm an Igbo and i believe in rule of law no matter who the web caught. Stella Odua was by former administration and i was against them retaining her. Is about the law not tribe. They are millions of Yoruba that can take up the job but let the rul of law be followed.
resurgent2019 only believes in the Rule of Forgery and Incompetence.

CC onyeoga madridguy buhariguy omenka shalomc iceberg3 yarimo odvanguard pointzerom t9ksy imperialyoruba odvanguard yorubaassasin alariiwo lzaa Ikenna0b ngeneukwenu captaing00d roger3d IbrahimDamola jumpandpas

Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by EternalTruths: 1:23pm On Sep 14, 2018
Glorymax:
Don't know the main reason for her resignation, be it the NYSC certificate issue. However, my major concern is how the over $70 billion foreign debt hanging on the nation's neck will be settled.
It will be on record that under watch, our debt profile rose to that height.

There is an ongoing civil war in Aso Rock between the Yoruba and Fulani elites.

The Yoruba elites are tired of Buhari's style of government.

Kemi is the first to quit.

Kemi's NYSC certificate scandal was exposed after challenging the Fulani herdsmen controlling the NNPC at June/July FAAC meeting.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by resurgent2019: 1:23pm On Sep 14, 2018
EternalTruths:

Let me educate you this amala saturated boy.

All southerners in Aso Rock are fed up with Buhari's style of government.

Kemi is the first to quit and watch out as more and more southerners abandon Buhari.

Even the DSS saga has annoyed Osinbajo who would still quit very soon.

If Osinbajo quits, I will give thanks to Almighty God because a pastor is not supposed to be seen with a Jihadist like Buhari (My position on that is well known).

But on this Kemi Adeosun issue, you igbos frustrated her out of the job for ethnic reasons and I am telling you that Igbos cannot be rewarded with the Finance ministry.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by Legacy001: 1:25pm On Sep 14, 2018
Her resignation will not stop her from providing her NYSC certificate. This is just to confirm she actually forged it. This govt the more you look the less you see.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by Walelavender(m): 1:25pm On Sep 14, 2018
Finally grin It's good to toe the path of honour before disgrace comes knocking. Better late thàn never. Our democracy is evolving. Strong institutions and rule of law should be accorded the right places in out political landscape.

Would she be prosecuted? No! The likes of Stella Oduah and the former grasscutting SGF are still very much around us. A time will come when the bluff of anyone indicted in the ruling goverment will be called- That would be when we truly have a PRESIDENT
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by resurgent2019: 1:26pm On Sep 14, 2018
EternalTruths:

There is an ongoing civil war in Aso Rock between the Yoruba and Fulani elites.

The Yoruba elites are tired of Buhari's style of government.

Kemi is the first to quit.

Kemi's NYSC certificate scandal was exposed after challenging the Fulani herdsmen controlling the NNPC at June/July FAAC meeting.

Buhari is a misfit for the office of President,in fact, he debases it for every minute that he remains there. But stop peddling lies that there is a civil war going on in Aso Rock. You igbos thrive on sowing seeds of division, discord and dissension.

Your malign campaign is synonymous to that of the Russians over western democracies and we know all about it. Let’s concentrate on your victory of ousting your adversaries from Office.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by Simbrixton(m): 1:27pm On Sep 14, 2018
She has done her best but she should have been more resilient

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal / Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? / Atiku Welcomed In Style By Granddaughter For Winning PDP Primaries