Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust (61353 Views)

Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal / Joe Igbokwe Reacts To Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Over NYSC Certificate Scandal / Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by TruthHurts100: 1:27pm On Sep 14, 2018
iyke649:

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/breaking-finance-minister-resigns.html

Lol, see film.

You resigned because you committed a crime.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by AmazingELixir: 1:27pm On Sep 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

Who are the better persons? Igbos?

Please tell us the better igbos you want to replace Kemi Adeosun so we can send that person for confirmation.

I never mentioned tribe in any of my post here where did the Ibo angle come about, I see where you're coming from and I don't have any intentions of dabbling into tribal or ethnic argument, if it makes any difference to you I'm not from the East.

Do have yourself a lovely day Mr. Seun.

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by philip2014(m): 1:28pm On Sep 14, 2018
It's part of preparation for next election, this administration is over, and she want to fix her name with some dignity incase she wants to contest for elective position in Ogun state which doesn't require NYSC. And also to kill the DSS DG. appointment news. By replacing her with another yoruba
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by resurgent2019: 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
AmazingELixir:

I never mentioned tribe in any of my post here where did the Ibo angle come about, I see where you're coming from and I don't have any intentions of dabbling into tribal or ethnic argument, if it makes any difference to you I'm not from the East.

Do have yourself a lovely day Mr. Seun.

Please suggest a suitable replacement for Kemi Adeosun. Is that too much to ask a person who asserted that better candidates for the position abound in our country?
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by eagleeye2: 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
adecz:

Stella's case worse than this sef.
She presented a fake masters degree & paraded a fake honorary PhD.
Yet she is a senator today. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
She should resign and face the law

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by kamsy26: 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
Kemi honorably resigned as finance minister , a legacy that everyone should emulate
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by EternalTruths: 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

If Osinbajo quits, I will give thanks to Almighty God because a pastor is not supposed to be seen with a Jihadist like Buhari (My position on that is well known).

But on this Kemi Adeosun issue, you igbos frustrated her out of the job for ethnic reasons and I am telling you that Igbos cannot be rewarded with the Finance ministry.

Pls, grow up and listen to me who is better informed than all your ancestors & descendants put together.

Read This Below:

There is an ongoing civil war in Aso Rock between the Yoruba and Fulani elites.

The Yoruba elites are tired of Buhari's style of government.

Kemi is the first to quit and many more will follow suit including Osinbajo.

Kemi's NYSC certificate scandal was exposed after June/July FAAC Meeting for challenging the Fulani herdsmen terrorists controlling & looting the NNPC.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by EternalTruths: 1:31pm On Sep 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

Buhari is a misfit for the office of President,in fact, he debases it for every minute that he remains there. But stop peddling lies that there is a civil war going on in Aso Rock. You igbos thrive on sowing seeds of division, discord and dissension.

Your malign campaign is synonymous to that of the Russians over western democracies and we know all about it. Let’s concentrate on your victory of ousting your adversaries from Office.

No problem if you think I am lying.

It is a matter of time before the truth unveils.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 14, 2018
seunmsg:
She did the right thing. She was an excellent finance minister that successfully managed the finances of our country at a period of extremely low oil revenue. So sad we are losing such a brilliant woman to dirty politics of "bring him down".

Hopefully, the NYSC act can now be amended to take care of peculiar cases like hers. Any Nigerian born outside the country who chooses to come back after 30 years of age should be allowed to just apply for exemption certificate. That way, we can encourage technocrats of Nigerian origin to come back home and contribute to the development of the country without and legal incumbrances on their neck. Nobody should be allowed to pass through what that lady passed through in the hands of the media simply because of a useless certificate.
well said
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by obyback: 1:32pm On Sep 14, 2018
eagleeye2:
Did Stella forge her certificate? why the comparison?
Stealer odua stole government money by inflating contracts
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by cahrlifa(m): 1:32pm On Sep 14, 2018
nairalandbuzz:
All because of NYSC bruhaha.... I see no reason in her resigning when those that does not even have certificates have not done so...

Whichever, it is a good foundation we expect others in same clime to follow.

Kudos to Aunty Kemi.

And to all of you quoting me raining curses, may thunder strike your spine. As is it is not this same Nigeria that we heard of University of Toronto and many others... What of property evaluation or what do they call that assets declaration thingy that they also swept under the carpet. What of the same NYSC scam? Did you hear how much they claim kits just one person? and there you are shouting at someone that got a fake certificate all because she did not show up at the useless camp and at the end got a fake certificate.

#ScrapNYSC

And for those saying Buhari too should resign... I would have also said that but... thinking about it, from all those that can be allowed to run this race, he is the better person I can vouch for the job... Others are just going there to embezzle and siphon money and I am not saying he is not doing the same thing and neither am I saying he is. But he is the best option I think we have out there... if they truly want the young to rule, INEC should first of all scrap out that useless Expression of Interest form fee and let all be square and then can we have true leaders that can lead.

Your zombie level don reach 100.No hope for you again
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by resurgent2019: 1:33pm On Sep 14, 2018
EternalTruths:

Pls, grow up and listen to me who is better informed than all your ancestors & descendants put together.

Read This Below:

There is an ongoing civil war in Aso Rock between the Yoruba and Fulani elites.

The Yoruba elites are tired of Buhari's style of government.

Kemi is the first to quit and many more will follow suit including Osinbajo.

Kemi's NYSC certificate scandal was exposed after June/July FAAC Meeting for challenging the Fulani herdsmen terrorists controlling & looting the NNPC.

You are clearly a slow person so I would forgive myself for giving you the benefit of a doubt. Just celebrate responsibly today on your rare victory. But don’t invest your hopes on the possibility of an Igbo replacing Kemi Adeosun.

Don’t bother quoting me as I won’t reply you.
Have a nice weekend.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by FBIL: 1:33pm On Sep 14, 2018
nairalandbuzz:
All because of NYSC bruhaha.... I see no reason in her resigning when those that does not even have certificates have not done so...

Kudos to Aunty Kemi.

And to all of you quoting me raining curses, may thunder strike your spine. As is it is not this same Nigeria that we heard of University of Toronto and many others... What of property evaluation or what do they call that assets declaration thingy that they also swept under the carpet. What of the same NYSC scam? Did you hear how much they claim kits just one person? and there you are shouting at someone that got a fake certificate all because she did not show up at the useless camp and at the end got a fake certificate.

#ScrapNYSC

Just negodu your English, ''....when those that does not...'' After, you'll be shouting IPOB upandan when all their states are in the best 10 educationally serious states in this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by Razzaq007(m): 1:34pm On Sep 14, 2018
If this news is real, then I think she has layed a good exple by avoiding more disgrace..

Then in my own opinion, I think THE DANCING SENATOR SHOULD FOLLOW HER STEPS, AND AS WELL STEP DOWN AS AN ASPIRANT.

If you don't agree with this, you can argue with you keypad then.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by 2016v2017: 1:34pm On Sep 14, 2018
Ekez:
Very good ,
Buhari should resign as well
the certificateless tyrant dictator terrorist patron of cows and herdsmen have no shame
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by omoelerin1: 1:34pm On Sep 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

Right thing bawo? Because of the NYSC issue?

It’s not like she forged her university or college certificates na. She let all the criticisms get to her. This is Nigeria and not U.K.

Her enemies (mainly from the South East) have prevailed over her. Shiooor.
Since it is not her university certificate that is forged, but NYSC, it is not a crime, right? Probably you must be talking out of ignorance or your good self is are a criminal.

Nonsense.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by gcof(m): 1:35pm On Sep 14, 2018
ofuonyebi:
if it is true...then, we still have some women of integrity in nigeria...not the rif-raff sin-nators who cling to power to run court cases with 9ja's money..
but mrs integrity forged a certificate. The way una Dey bend words to suit una sef...Nigeria is on course to redemption
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by bolu96(m): 1:37pm On Sep 14, 2018
benben1000:
How yoruba people support this woman tire me. This is not about removing a yoruba, for God in heaven, there are thousands of more qualified yorubas than her around the world. Stop supporting mediocrity. An accountant has no business running a macro economy. Look at out economy, every small thing, she borrows. Who is that smart yoruba man that served as minister of industry under GEJ?

Olusegun Aganga
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

If Osinbajo quits, I will give thanks to Almighty God because a pastor is not supposed to be seen with a Jihadist like Buhari (My position on that is well known).

But on this Kemi Adeosun issue, you igbos frustrated her out of the job for ethnic reasons and I am telling you that Igbos cannot be rewarded with the Finance ministry.

I recall that it was premium times that began the investigation regarding her certificate.

I believe Kemi was condemned from every side of the country by people who knew that the rule of law has to be respected and that certificate forgery is simply wrong. BTW her biggest critics were PDP, and not because they care about what is right, but for political reasons of course.
We know the top dogs in PDP, none of them are igbo.
Oga remove tribal sentiment and hate from your eyes, before you fall under a moving bus, literally.

Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by AmazingELixir: 1:39pm On Sep 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

Please suggest a suitable replacement for Kemi Adeosun. Is that too much to ask a person who asserted that better candidates for the position abound in our country?

Bismarck Ruwane is an outstanding economist with proven track record to back him up, he is just one out of a pool of celebrated technocrats

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by FBIL: 1:40pm On Sep 14, 2018
She's a yahoo-yahoo woman! She should be arrested as a bad example. Even her foreign degrees are suspicious.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 14, 2018
Simbrixton:
She has done her best but she should have been more resilient
Resilient in forging certificates?

CC onyeoga madridguy buhariguy omenka shalomc iceberg3 yarimo odvanguard pointzerom t9ksy imperialyoruba odvanguard yorubaassasin alariiwo lzaa Ikenna0b ngeneukwenu captaing00d roger3d IbrahimDamola jumpandpas

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by ORACULUM(m): 1:40pm On Sep 14, 2018
After replacing DG SSS last night ..they came up with this movie today as a cover up ..
Why didn't she resign or even be sacked already by her boss..
Rubbish .. undecided
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by KingRagnar: 1:41pm On Sep 14, 2018
I am sure SERAP, PDP and other haters of Adeosun that wanted her gone will rest well now. Let’s wait and see who takes her position, must be one who possesses all the educational qualities but let's see, if he/she will deliver like Adeosun, if he or she will reduce the excessive ghost workers in the federal and state parastatals, like Adeosun, who also helped massively the whistle-blowing the resulted in the recovery of billions of looted dollars and the use of BVN by federal government workers to minimize duplicacy, we shall all see it
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by socialmediaman: 1:41pm On Sep 14, 2018
seunmsg:
She did the right thing. She was an excellent finance minister that successfully managed the finances of our country at a period of extremely low oil revenue. So sad we are losing such a brilliant woman to dirty politics of "bring him down".

Hopefully, the NYSC act can now be amended to take care of peculiar cases like hers. Any Nigerian born outside the country who chooses to come back after 30 years of age should be allowed to just apply for exemption certificate. That way, we can encourage technocrats of Nigerian origin to come back home and contribute to the development of the country without and legal incumbrances on their neck. Nobody should be allowed to pass through what that lady passed through in the hands of the media simply because of a useless certificate.

This is a very sensitive issue for many people cos a certificate forgery was alleged here. By the way, Nigeria’s problem is very far from low oil revenue, there’s a very high inefficiency in the system. A system that is highly inefficient can’t attract investment and create revenue in today’s competitive world. Her job was beyond managing meager resources while millions keep losing their jobs, anyone can do that... her job also includes helping government with policies and investment decisions that create wealth for the country at a time of dire need for economic diversification

And... Wasn’t she the one who managed Nigeria’s economy while we accumulated very high debt profile in just 3 years? Is that your definition of a good manager?

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by OneHead: 1:42pm On Sep 14, 2018
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by povicky1(m): 1:42pm On Sep 14, 2018
To me I still think this is just a distraction by Buhari government... Since 3months na now she the resign.. Lol. ApC sure know what they are doing...
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by Deo1986(m): 1:42pm On Sep 14, 2018
nairalandbuzz:

Kudos to Aunty Kemi.

#ScrapNYSC

And for those saying Buhari too should resign... I would have also said that but... thinking about it, from all those that can be allowed to run this race, he is the better person I can vouch for the job... Others are just going there to embezzle and siphon money and I am not saying he is not doing the same thing and neither am I saying he is. But he is the best option I think we have out there... if they truly want the young to rule, INEC should first of all scrap out that useless Expression of Interest form fee and let all be square and then can we have true leaders that can lead.

where are you standing? In all your rantings I couldn't find one sensible sense. Kemi forged her NYSC cert. and the only option for her was resignation which has taken way too long. Why bring in Buhari, others and inec?
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

If I recall this whole certificate forgery thing was started by premium times right??

Kemi was condemned from every side of the country ,by people who knew that the rule of law has to be respected and that certificate forgery is simply wrong. Not "igbos" like you would have us believe.
BTW her biggest critics were PDP not necessarily because they care about what is right, but because of politics ,we all know the PDP top dogs, none of them are igbo.
Remove tribal sentiment and hate from your eyes, before you fall under a moving bus, literally.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by benben1000: 1:43pm On Sep 14, 2018
smileyoo:
even that of ministry of agriculture, he was so good that the world recognised his competency. he is now a big player in the world stage. this govt of dullards 'll never see such credible people, because he is not in their evil circle.

He has always been in the world stage, he was a former executive for Goldman sachs.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by resurgent2019: 1:43pm On Sep 14, 2018
AmazingELixir:

Bismarck Ruwane is an outstanding economist with proven track record to back him up, he is just one out of a pool of celebrated technocrats

Bismarck Rewane is a man I respect so much. I have worked on some cases for his company:Financial Derivatives.

And he’s from the South South and not igbo so he’s good to go.

I would be delighted if he’s tapped for the job.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust by ogatboy(m): 1:43pm On Sep 14, 2018
seunmsg:

Oga this is not politics. In a sane society she should be prosecuted. Only in Nigeria we attribute everything to politics, triabalism and religion. What brilliant minister?? #thinkbeforeyoutalk

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal / Senator Ifeanyi Araraume's Mansion 'Ugwumba Villa' In Imo State (Photos) / Ize-Iyamu Complained About Wike In Edo: What Is Governor Of Rivers Doing In Edo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.