Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k - Romance (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k (43162 Views)

I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. / Why Are Guys So Scared Of Dating Students? / She Was The Little Girl Who Didn't Want A Boyfriend But Now; Pastor Says. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Rubbiish(m): 10:27pm On Sep 24, 2018
drakeli:
And so. So because you gave all the patapata #100 you had, I should now give you all the #100,000 that I have. Maybe you are dreaming. Do you know the amount of work I put in place to raise the 100k while you lazy around or while you are not business smart enough to increase your #100?
Humans are naturally wicked & ungrateful...So when he gave her the 100k she wasn't lazy around or not business smart, now that is her turn to help him, the guy is lazy around? i sorry for any man that end up with u. Your comment is the most senseless & bias comment on this issue.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by 400billionman: 10:44pm On Sep 24, 2018
Suzzyyy:
Hello Nairalanders! Plz help! I hv been scared and confused abt a risk I want to tk so I decided to share for advice.

Im 29 and I hv a boyfriend who is 33. We hv been happily dating for close to 3 years now, he once helped me financially in a good way with 100k when I had problem with my little business, then he was doing pretty fine with his business, I sell plastics and hez into cloth business. But somtin happened last 2 months, he had terrible problems with his business and lost almost everything including his shop and in a bid to salvage his situation he ended up owing many pple, when all these started he didn't tell me, thou hez a kind of person that likes handling his problem alone without disturbing or telling me which I don't like bcus it somehow makes me feel less important and useful to him, I got to know when he changed, his attitude, moods and everything changed, hez always disturbed, thinking and always visiting pple, he payed less concern and attention to me, don't even call and when I call, he will be in a haste to end it, I became confused, so I had to asked what was going on, he said nothing, I got upset and insisted he must tell me, he then opened up, I felt so bad and almost cried, since then I have been trying to maintain his upkeep and sometimes give him money which hez not comfortable with.

The problem now Is that im scared, he asked for a huge amount of money from me which is 700k, he wants to start all over again in his cloth business and also clear some debt, and I can only boast of 820k home and abroad as a business woman, i just feel he saw my account balance before asking for this, Im scared to loose the money and him too. I love this guy but im so scared of doing this, he helped me when I needed money, but this sacrifice is bigger than me, he showed and detailed everything he will be doing with the money, Im just confused to gamble with my life savings, I know I might sound ungrateful what if the business or our relationship crumble? Won't I be stranded and doomed? My business is not that strong and we all know how most of sacrifices like this ended for people. Is this kind of risk worth doing for a boyfriend

Plz advice me on what to do, plz.
One girl did it and lost N500k and lost the boy too Don't be stupid

1 Like

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Nobody: 1:58am On Sep 25, 2018
Offpoint:
I see, baby girl what scenario is not the same? Lose of source of living = depression = suicide
tell me what the difference is.
a lot of difference

1 Like

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by GerogeI(m): 3:15am On Sep 25, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

Buy land with 700K, how does she secure the land to prevent illegal entry and what if the land enters omonile hands and court cases starts?

Bro, All lands are not in Lagos.
You can still buy land for 500k in other parts of the country. Omonile is a Yoruba phenomenon. Thank you.

OP,
Loan to a family member or lover is not a loan before the court of law, but a gift, unless their is a documented evidence showing that it is given as a loan. Secondly, even the courts cannot easily recover debt in Nigeria, cause at most they will ask the debtor to pay in tiny bits and pieces.

There is an institution in the business of money lending. Its called a bank. Take your bf there to get the money he needs or even more. Support him by providing guarantee. Its called leverage, you are leveraging on you own income stream to get him credit worth. This benefits both you and him.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by ShilohEagle(m): 7:21am On Sep 25, 2018
Suzzyyy:
Hello Nairalanders! Plz help! I hv been scared and confused abt a risk I want to tk so I decided to share for advice.

Im 29 and I hv a boyfriend who is 33. We hv been happily dating for close to 3 years now, he once helped me financially in a good way with 100k when I had problem with my little business, then he was doing pretty fine with his business, I sell plastics and hez into cloth business. But somtin happened last 2 months, he had terrible problems with his business and lost almost everything including his shop and in a bid to salvage his situation he ended up owing many pple, when all these started he didn't tell me, thou hez a kind of person that likes handling his problem alone without disturbing or telling me which I don't like bcus it somehow makes me feel less important and useful to him, I got to know when he changed, his attitude, moods and everything changed, hez always disturbed, thinking and always visiting pple, he payed less concern and attention to me, don't even call and when I call, he will be in a haste to end it, I became confused, so I had to asked what was going on, he said nothing, I got upset and insisted he must tell me, he then opened up, I felt so bad and almost cried, since then I have been trying to maintain his upkeep and sometimes give him money which hez not comfortable with.

The problem now Is that im scared, he asked for a huge amount of money from me which is 700k, he wants to start all over again in his cloth business and also clear some debt, and I can only boast of 820k home and abroad as a business woman, i just feel he saw my account balance before asking for this, Im scared to loose the money and him too. I love this guy but im so scared of doing this, he helped me when I needed money, but this sacrifice is bigger than me, he showed and detailed everything he will be doing with the money, Im just confused to gamble with my life savings, I know I might sound ungrateful what if the business or our relationship crumble? Won't I be stranded and doomed? My business is not that strong and we all know how most of sacrifices like this ended for people. Is this kind of risk worth doing for a boyfriend

A three year relationship isn't a joke. And for him to have maintained and stood by you for the three years shows that he can/may be trusted. But then, 700k in this period and also considering you also have other commitment too. And from your tone you don't also want to lose him. Hmmmm. From my perspective, you have two options
1.) Risk it and who knows, when things turn around he will never forget you and even when you guys eventually marry, you'll be respected
2.) Give him about 300-400k that already takes care to a large extent many of his expenditures. He's a man, he'll know how to go about the rest.
My 2kobo. Hope it helps.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by jmichael259(m): 7:43am On Sep 25, 2018
Mmaxix:
Babe...don't risk the relationship. Give him what you can afford to let go. If he was a husband, I will have no worries, but a boyfriend is no guarantee.
Money is one of the most potent relationship wreckers among friends so watch it.
My humble opinion though.
Personally I will not let go that amount for a boyfriend but I will gladly let go all for my husband.

franksam2009:
Don't forget he z not married to you yet, I won't advice u to give a man u are not married to ur life savings. Think twice. Sometimes love can be a scam oo

yazz09:
You are not obliged to lend him the exact amount he asked. Give him what you are comfortable with and tell him that's what you can part with as you still have other personal and business things that needs your funds

Amhappy:

There are several cases of Men who gave their life-savings for a girl education and eventually got disappointed at the end of the day. They become bitter and some do crazy things including murder. So this is not an issue of relationship but business. Do not give what you cannot afford to lose.

Whether in marriage or personal business investment never give out 700/800 (under4/8 is manageable risk). Even If somebody's life is at stake remember their survivors must need something to fall back on. Do things for posterity sake only.
A BANK HAS NO HEART.
THERE ARE NO SENTIMENTS IN BUSINESS.

THIS IS BUSINESS NOT LOVE.
case closed..

1 Like

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by MissRaine69(f): 8:50am On Sep 25, 2018
Suzzyyy:

This is why I ask all Nigerian men to choose wisely or not at all. She is in a position to help but is second guessing her intentions yet when she was in need he bailed her out. I am pretty sure she did not pay him back Did he not weigh the pros and about loaning her money?
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:02am On Sep 25, 2018
MissRaine69:

This is why I ask all Nigerian men to choose wisely or not at all. She is in a position to help but is second guessing her intentions yet when she was in need he bailed her out. I am pretty sure she did not pay him back Did he not weigh the pros and about loaning her money?
.. Thank you my dear. A lot of selfish comments here. If she truely loves the guy like she said,why second guessing? A smart and selfless lady that is in love would have sat down with him and have a heart to heart discussion,let him know she can help him with at least half of what he requested for instead of coming here to seek for reasons on why not to help.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by CAPSLOCKED: 10:33am On Sep 25, 2018
MissRaine69:

THE FINANCIAL EXTORTION AND EMOTIONAL MANIPULATION OF MEN IS ON A VERY HIGH LEVEL, BUT LET'S FOCUS ON MAKING SURE BRIDES DON'T KNEEL FOR THEIR HUSBANDS AS PER TRADITION (EVEN THOUGH WE TOTALLY EXPECT MEN TO KNEEL WHEN PROPOSING).
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by ZoeyJ(f): 10:34am On Sep 25, 2018
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by ZoeyJ(f): 10:37am On Sep 25, 2018
Okuchris:
I did same and the nigga is really ungrateful
Aww sorry.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by alftdbts: 2:43pm On Sep 25, 2018
Saff:
Fortunately, they’re some women who use their brain and not their hearts like dummies. We don’t allow love to delude us from common sense, and we are put into the category of “ wickedness”. Well, it’s not a woman’s job to give her man money, esp a huge amount like 700k, am I mad? Not even my husband, ordinary boyfriend. I won’t even give my husband 700k I’m so sorry. If you’re confident enough to ask your babe for such a huge amount of money, it’s clear you don’t value her. Don’t ask me how, it’s psychological.

What's psychological that's what make me jump to the conclusion that you re deluded and stop having that mentality, it's a freaking poor one. How can you say you can't even give your hubby 700k, that's meaningless and selfish of you to say if you got that money and your hubby needs it. 700k is petty money if good things come your way, so! if you want to build house for God sef you nogo fit give God pass 1million max. You go talk say when I no craze. Well sha we re all opinionated. The lady in question should have a conversation with him and lend him half of that sum!!! What if the business blossoms from her seed capital. Another perspective babygirl you could decide to be a part owner of his business and become his partner so you can both monitor the business and its growth. If true love exists, he would let her be his partner without flinching and even embrace that offer, then an agreement should be drafted for that. Forget gf or bf things, a lot of guys with genuine love don do good things for one another. "When he is nt even my bf or my hubby talk is trash, e no matter once your hand of kindness is gonna go a long way". I have been with ladies who wanna know my problems bt the barest advise or word of wisdom no go fit comot for them mouth na that type you be. 3yrs relationship dem no fit but you pencil and they keep that mouth running I need this I need that cus it's a man life duty to remain senseless and a do it all.

So now like the acrimony thing if another girl decides to help the guy you will say he is an ingrate blah blah. Na diff ways diff things dey pain us for body ohh. If me sef dey stressed, I dey forget gf ohh and I dnt share until I'm asked to and I trust that person enough to share my worries with, and it becomes evident that something is wrong with me. She only needs to be as wise as a serpent to put him on his toes while he respects and love her more. Now every body don turn expert ontop relationship and financial matters.

A lot of those commenting here are egoistic in nature, give her solid advise wey she fit work with realistically and not "Don't give him o, Lai lai. Men, na why una dey loose better men for una life be that. Myopic beings. Well I don forget say some na aka gum sef.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by deedeemob(m): 12:46am On Sep 26, 2018
Look at them and later they will come out and say they Love their man, what is love if u can't help someone in need not to talk of someone u claim to love! Selfish lots that only receive and don't give. If he did not help her when she was in need would she be able to boast of the 800k she has today! Women and their confused selfish minds! Shior
Jennifer89:
DONT LEND YOUR BOY FRIEND THAT MONEY
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Jennifer89(f): 5:55am On Sep 26, 2018
deedeemob:
Look at them and later they will come out and say they Love their man, what is love if u can't help someone in need not to talk of someone u claim to love! Selfish lots that only receive and don't give. If he did not help her when she was in need would she be able to boast of the 800k she has today! Women and their confused selfish minds! Shior

The only question I want to ask you now is did you mean to write the word 'Slot" instead of 'lots'?
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 26, 2018
Borrow him N400k let him get the remaining elsewhere.If he gave N100k before then he is a nice guy.Assist him N400k

1 Like

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by meobizy(f): 11:11am On Dec 06, 2019
So OP disappeared and never gave an update? All these cowards with their throwaway accounts. I believe the story was made up by a moderator. Sometimes when these people want to carry out a census of participating Nairalanders they open a thread of this sort.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Rockyfancino(m): 12:17pm On Sep 18, 2020
Suzzyyy:

Hi, I'm just curious. Did you later lend him the money and did he repay you?
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Kirchoffs: 10:42am On Feb 22, 2023
I really hope this lady is married to the boyfriend now , 700k no be beans
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Kingswillbenson(m): 11:02am On Feb 22, 2023
I am a publisher on Amazon and I have made some cool cash as a kip publisher in the past few years which I would be sharing with you guys to see proofs yourself.
Is it easy publishing a book on amazon, no! But it’s never hard on the other hand. It just requires patience and the right knowledge.
Its cool to watch YouTube tutorials but be ready to fend for yourself by the time your funds will get diverted. Then, you will feel the pain and stress you put out to write your book.
The sweetest thing about being a publisher on amazon is , you can write something very short or very long. So it’s less stressful. You just need to make sense, Whether its reasonable or not, people will want to read it.
I created a WhatsApp group so I can teach people how to catch the fish not just giving you the fish. You all know what that means, for those that don’t! Well I was just saying, I want to teach you guys how to write and publish your book on amazon and also earn money, right in your bank account with just $5. (N5,000 for Nigerians)
If you would like this offer, click on the link and you will be just in the group. When you get there, just be patient because I would love to teach more people so we will fix a special time for the lecturers.
If you would love a video lecture, you know what to do!
Am I extorting people? No! I am just exchanging knowledge for a little amount. You are benefiting. You will learn with just this small amount and earn lots of cash.
This is not for Everyone, so feel free to pass.

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Bbjo: 11:44am On Feb 22, 2023
Suzzyyy:

First of all, you do not leave your account details on your phone to be seen by everyone ( security tip number one). Just imagine it's arm- robbers that found it , you will be forced to make a transfer of all your cash/savings.

Back the issue, lend him what you can forfeit. That's, if the relationship goes SOUTH.

What if he never loves you truly? And, what if he loves you truly? To be on the safer side, lend what you can sacrifice without hurting your self.

Love yourself before anyone else, gal.
Part with what you can LET GO!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Ayo Kola And Laura Thorpe In Steamy Pre-wedding Photos Shot In A Gym / Man Flies In From Liberia To Propose To His Nigerian Fiancee On New Year's Day / Very Romantic Text Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.