Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k (43011 Views)

I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. / Why Are Guys So Scared Of Dating Students? / She Was The Little Girl Who Didn't Want A Boyfriend But Now; Pastor Says. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by girl4rmspace(f): 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2018
@suzzyyy

Another thing I want to say is.. If Indeed he saw your account balance with over 800k and he asked u for 700k isn't he being too greedy? Couldn't he have asked for atleast half that?

I don't like where this is going but maybe I'm just thinking too much

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by sandra50(f): 8:51pm On Sep 23, 2018
He helped you when you needed it so why can't you help him?besides he is not the type that likes asking.if that is not the capital for your business just do it for the sake of the 3 years you have been with him and the love you both have for each other..you are not just meeting him.help him because he once helped you before he will fall into the bad hand and get killed.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by EllaSparkles(f): 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2018
He knows ur account balance and he's asking for almost everything. Babe don't be blinded by love, it could backfire.
I once had an experience where a guy l was just starting a relatnship wit asked me to lend him some money, mind u we were just getting to knw each other and he was always forming busy wit work, not even having time to hang out. I told him l didn't have money at that moment. My guy run o, he stopped picking my calls and never called again. My dear, we knw u love him but he's only a bf. Pls giv him something u can afford to lose, hav something to fall to in case it goes the other way, which is likely. All the best

3 Likes

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by YouareaBITCH(f): 8:53pm On Sep 23, 2018
donstan18:
When it comes to their turn to help a man financially, they'll remember [What if, What about, Sacrifice, Risky, Should I, Shall I, Shall we, Shall should, Shall us, Shall him, Shall she, Shall shim]

He helped your business stood its ground without asking if the risk was worth doing for a girlfriend, and here you are, calculating and warring the gravity of his sacrifice and the one he's asking of you. Sacrifice is sacrifice. Do it if you want, and if you don't, then get the hell out of his life.

Sex must not be the only thing you offer a man without seeking advice.

Did u hear the part she said 820k was all she had home and abroad?

How can u lend 700k out of the only 820k u have to anyone without being scared?

Stop making everything about women.
She should help, maybe with 400k

I won't advice 700k simple.

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by girl4rmspace(f): 8:53pm On Sep 23, 2018
sandra50:
He helped you when you needed it so why can't you help him?besides he is not the type that likes asking.if that is not the capital for your business just do it for the sake of the 3 years you have been with him and the love you both have for each other..you are not just meeting him.help him because he once helped you before he will fall into the bad hand and get killed.

Easy for you to say

Her boyfriend is not just asking for money, he's asking for almost all she has. If things dsnt work out she would be ruined really bad... Both emotionally and financially

1 Like

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by kristonium(m): 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2018
Suzzyyy:
Hello Nairalanders! Plz help! I hv been scared and confused abt a risk I want to tk so I decided to share for advice.

Im 29 and I hv a boyfriend who is 33. We hv been happily dating for close to 3 years now, he once helped me financially in a good way with 100k when I had problem with my little business, then he was doing pretty fine with his business, I sell plastics and hez into cloth business. But somtin happened last 2 months, he had terrible problems with his business and lost almost everything including his shop and in a bid to salvage his situation he ended up owing many pple, when all these started he didn't tell me, thou hez a kind of person that likes handling his problem alone without disturbing or telling me which I don't like bcus it somehow makes me feel less important and useful to him, I got to know when he changed, his attitude, moods and everything changed, hez always disturbed, thinking and always visiting pple, he payed less concern and attention to me, don't even call and when I call, he will be in a haste to end it, I became confused, so I had to asked what was going on, he said nothing, I got upset and insisted he must tell me, he then opened up, I felt so bad and almost cried, since then I have been trying to maintain his upkeep and sometimes give him money which hez not comfortable with.

The problem now Is that im scared, he asked for a huge amount of money from me which is 700k, he wants to start all over again in his cloth business and also clear some debt, and I can only boast of 820k home and abroad as a business woman, i just feel he saw my account balance before asking for this, Im scared to loose the money and him too. I love this guy but im so scared of doing this, he helped me when I needed money, but this sacrifice is bigger than me, he showed and detailed everything he will be doing with the money, Im just confused to gamble with my life savings, I know I might sound ungrateful what if the business or our relationship crumble? Won't I be stranded and doomed? My business is not that strong and we all know how most of sacrifices like this ended for people. Is this kind of risk worth doing for a boyfriend

Plz advice me on what to do, plz.
Follow your mind and you won't regret it
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by tboks(m): 8:56pm On Sep 23, 2018
Firstly he is not your husband yet. Don't lend anyone any amount you can't let go. I've learnt that from experience. It doesn't mean you don't love him. Don't mind the people insulting you that you don't love enough. Lend him some, maybe 100k-200k. Don't trust anybody. Anything can happen. You might lend and he loses the money to fraudsters. What will you do? What if he invests it in his business and the business doesn't yield expected returns. What will you do? Only your husband deserves such huge risk.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by josiegirl27: 8:56pm On Sep 23, 2018
Suzzyyy:

You are too rude, this is 700k we are talking about, my life savings not that I don't wnt to help, I love him so much tht I cnt see him sad, I just want advice to know if Im doing the right thing, dassall.
find a portion of the money u can part with..without feeling pressure.. u will be ok

1 Like

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Dicksonpal: 9:00pm On Sep 23, 2018
thunderfirebuha:

Take my advice.

If you don't want to lose that relationship, please don't lend him money.
rather, dash him 100 or 200 thousand.
dont say I didn't warn you
exactly what I ll do

1 Like

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by tabithababy(f): 9:00pm On Sep 23, 2018
Suzzyyy:
Hello Nairalanders! Plz help! I hv been scared and confused abt a risk I want to tk so I decided to share for advice.

Im 29 and I hv a boyfriend who is 33. We hv been happily dating for close to 3 years now, he once helped me financially in a good way with 100k when I had problem with my little business, then he was doing pretty fine with his business, I sell plastics and hez into cloth business. But somtin happened last 2 months, he had terrible problems with his business and lost almost everything including his shop and in a bid to salvage his situation he ended up owing many pple, when all these started he didn't tell me, thou hez a kind of person that likes handling his problem alone without disturbing or telling me which I don't like bcus it somehow makes me feel less important and useful to him, I got to know when he changed, his attitude, moods and everything changed, hez always disturbed, thinking and always visiting pple, he payed less concern and attention to me, don't even call and when I call, he will be in a haste to end it, I became confused, so I had to asked what was going on, he said nothing, I got upset and insisted he must tell me, he then opened up, I felt so bad and almost cried, since then I have been trying to maintain his upkeep and sometimes give him money which hez not comfortable with.

The problem now Is that im scared, he asked for a huge amount of money from me which is 700k, he wants to start all over again in his cloth business and also clear some debt, and I can only boast of 820k home and abroad as a business woman, i just feel he saw my account balance before asking for this, Im scared to loose the money and him too. I love this guy but im so scared of doing this, he helped me when I needed money, but this sacrifice is bigger than me, he showed and detailed everything he will be doing with the money, Im just confused to gamble with my life savings, I know I might sound ungrateful what if the business or our relationship crumble? Won't I be stranded and doomed? My business is not that strong and we all know how most of sacrifices like this ended for people. Is this kind of risk worth doing for a boyfriend

Don't ever try it

If you do,
He will dump you, spend your money on another woman and will never refund the money sad

1 Like

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by beetown(m): 9:02pm On Sep 23, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL. WE'RE VERY MUCH AWARE THAT MOST WOMEN (NOT ALL) WOULD RATHER COMMIT SUICIDE INSTEAD OF HELP OUT A MAN.
THEY CAN'T HELP THEIR MALE FRIENDS, NOR THEIR BOYFRIENDS, NOR THEIR HUSBANDS.. NOT EVEN THEIR OWN BLOOD BROTHERS.

THEY ONLY WANT TO RECEIVE, AND NEVER TO GIVE.

"SELFISHNESS AND WICKEDNESS" IS THE SYNONYM FOR WOMEN LIKE YOU.
Why didn't you end this post with Thanks? grin

Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by kushercain: 9:02pm On Sep 23, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

BUT IT'S A MAN'S JOB TO GIVE WOMEN MONEY... HAHAHAHA.

NO WONDER AUNTY CHIMAMANDA WANTS MEN TO STOP DOING THINGS FOR YOU PEOPLE (INCLUDING THE SIMPLEST THINGS LIKE OPENING DOORS) CUS MOST OF Y'ALL TERRIBLE HUMANS WHO DON'T DESERVE ANY LOVE OR FAVOURS.

DID YOU SEE WHERE THIS LADY SAID HER MAN HELPED HER WITH SOME MONEY TO DO BUSINESS? AND NOW HE'S UNFORTUNATE WHILE SHE'S BETTER THAN HIM AND ALL YOU WOMEN ON THIS THREAD ARE DOING IS DISSUADE HER NOT TO HELP HIM BACK JUST THE WAY HE HELPED HER.

YOU WANT HIM TO REMAIN BROKE SO SHE CAN BROKE-SHAME AND DISRESPECT HIM, AND JUMP ON TO THE NEXT AVAILABLE MAN.

MOST OF YOU GIRLS ARE TERRIBLE.
WOE BETIDE THE MAN THAT'LL TAKE ANY ONE OF YOU AS HIS WIFE OR ANYTHING SERIOUS.
HE'S DESTINED FOR RIDICULE, SORROW, POVERTY, PAIN AND UNTIMELY DEATH.

THIS IS WHY MEN DON'T GO TO WOMEN FOR HELP. YOU AIN'T GETTING NOTHING.
THIS IS WHY WOMEN DON'T GO TO OTHER WOMEN FOR HELP. NOTHING GO FALL OUT... EXCEPT SHAMING AND INSULTING YOU.

YOU CAN'T HELP YOUR MAN WITH CASH, YOU CAN'T PAY BILLS, YOU CAN'T CONTRIBUTE IN ANYWAYS TO ANYBODY'S LIFE...
YOU ONLY USE YOUR MONEY FOR WIGS AND MAKEUP AND YOU THINK YOU'RE REALLY LIVING? DAMN.

JUST LIKE MISSRAINE69 SAID... MONEY BRINGS OUT THE WORST IN PEOPLE. .

MA guy the double standards these hoes have is very very alarming and shameful. Walahi I fear women. See that one you quoted saying she can't even help out her husband. Tufia

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by sandra50(f): 9:03pm On Sep 23, 2018
girl4rmspace:

Easy for you to say

Her boyfriend is not just asking for money, he's asking for almost all she has. If things dsnt work out she would be ruined really bad... Both emotionally and financially
I can actually do it my dear..that's my nature but she can atleast give him 500k because that's not her capital..if she doesn't help him the guy will feel betrayed and they will end up breaking up.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by liverpudian9(m): 9:05pm On Sep 23, 2018
this amount you wana borrow him is much and because you love him u will not want disturb him for ur money ,u will b avoiding quarrel because u don't want to lose him I bet u borrowing between boy friend and girlfriend often end up in giving so I will advise u not to borrow him 700k , just know DAT u are giving out 700k if u borrow him perhaps u borrow him 100k
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 23, 2018
Now that I really thought about it. How can he ask you to lend him your life savings? That your boyfriend does not have good intentions towards you. Please advise him to go and seek a loan from a bank to conduct his business. That is what reasonable people do.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Hladini: 9:07pm On Sep 23, 2018
If he saw #800 and something thousands in your account, you can go and open a secret account and deposit #300 and something there and tell him you have only #500k and your business needs money too but you will sacrifice #300k for him because you love him so much.
I hope his business gets back on track.
Good Luck to you both
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by drakeli: 9:07pm On Sep 23, 2018
He supported you with 100k. You can reciprocate that with 200k. That’s wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by lereinter(m): 9:07pm On Sep 23, 2018
a husband cant have 820k and give/borrow his wife 700k
give him for dash like 250k
but this is tough scenario
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Acidosis(m): 9:08pm On Sep 23, 2018
Lend him the money and forget about your relationship because to get that money back, you would need the intervention of SARS and Soldiers.

It is a very f00lish decision to lend someone an amount of money without a clear cut timeline for repayment. Such can only happen in a reasonable relationship where the parties involved are not heartless.

Who goes about borrowing people's life savings? What sort of wickedness is that?

Can he take the same courage to secure a million dollar loan in a bank? Of course he won't gather such courage knowing very well that banks are gonna come for their money even if he's dying in the hospital.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by pocohantas(f): 9:10pm On Sep 23, 2018
No smart business person would LEND another almost all of his/her savings. This isn't about love, it is FIN 101 grin

If your concern was that you don't wanna LEND at all, I would have called you wicked. But since your concern is the amount, that is in respect to the total money you have... then you are right on point.

I would not LEND even my own father, 700k and damn! I love the man. I will GIVE (not LEND) something very reasonable, very reasonable...but definitely not 700k.

Except you wanna end up like Skye bank.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Mariangeles(f): 9:10pm On Sep 23, 2018
Colourich:
700k is too much to lend a man. Give him back the 100k, tell him that's what you have.
grin grin grin
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by YinkaLesh(f): 9:11pm On Sep 23, 2018
"I just feel he saw my account balance before asking for this". My dear, most men, not all, do this. Follow your instincts. I don't trust anyone. If you can't forget about the money, don't even go there. My friend had a very ugly experience. I can't start typing the details. Hmmmmmn.
Suzzyyy:

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by YinkaLesh(f): 9:12pm On Sep 23, 2018
Way to go!
[q1uote author=josiegirl27 post=71466447]find a portion of the money u can part with..without feeling pressure.. u will be ok[/quote]
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by CoolAmbience(m): 9:12pm On Sep 23, 2018
Suzzyyy:

You are too rude, this is 700k we are talking about, my life savings not that I don't wnt to help, I love him so much tht I cnt see him sad, I just want advice to know if Im doing the right thing, dassall.

Please, ignore that poster.

I will advice you sit with him and discuss how he could get back on his feet slowly with between N300k and N400k. This, certainly, has to be by serious bootstrapping. He could speak with his creditors and workout a repayment plan that won't hurt his new business so much, if you get to lend him some money.

It is very important that your own business remains stable too, hence the reason it won't be wise to literally close down your business for his.

Just listen to the voice inside of you and let it guide your decision. It is also good that what led to the collapse of his former business is extensively analysed and addressed to forestall another occurrence. I think you should encourage him to talk to you more. I am also compelled to think that, had he opened up to you when the crises with his business started, the situation may not be as bad as it is.

I think you both will be just fine.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Jyde89: 9:13pm On Sep 23, 2018
khalazi:
Don't lend him the money.
700k more than 80% of ur savings... abeg ooo.
Even the 100-200 wey pple de talk dash, make sure say na lend u lend am to am.

As your name implies, o ma kala gan, okala baby elenu yama yama.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by inthack: 9:13pm On Sep 23, 2018
Do not give him the money,he is a player that makes people fall in love, borrow money first to show sacrifice and later ask for double...be wise, do not borrow him money, give him 100k, that won't affect your business and do as if you even borrow him the 100k, find someone and pretend the money is from him,her.

Shalom
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by BrokenCock: 9:14pm On Sep 23, 2018
BlackAfrican:

I'm a big Morōn
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by InvertedHammer: 9:16pm On Sep 23, 2018
Suzzyyy:

/
Hedge your position. If you must, do not give him more than N350K, that is 50%.

That way you will have something to fall back on if he pulls a Houdini.

Come to think of it, if N820K is your home and abroad, you have no business lending money to anyone

/
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by bimgo: 9:16pm On Sep 23, 2018
Just lend him 200k simple
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by monerozi5590: 9:17pm On Sep 23, 2018
700k!..Hope your family members are financially comfortable. Parents, siblings and the rest.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by biyimore: 9:18pm On Sep 23, 2018
Don't let your decisions be inconclusive. Tell him with pity that your family needs urgent help from you. But you'll do the little you can(i suggest you borrow him 250-300k) or whatever that comes from your mind,but make sure you assist him. After that, find a way to divert all your bank alerts to somewhere else(out of his sight).
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Rubbiish(m): 9:19pm On Sep 23, 2018
Suzzyyy:

He said the truth
Stop saying u love him so much pls....

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

When She Says She Needs SPACE.... / Woman Set To Wed Man Whose Facebook Messages She Ignored For 2 Years (Photos) / Igbo Bride Pounds For Her Husband-to-be As He Watches In Lovely Pre-wedding Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.