Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k (43092 Views)

I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. / Why Are Guys So Scared Of Dating Students? / She Was The Little Girl Who Didn't Want A Boyfriend But Now; Pastor Says. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Chujor1634(m): 7:51pm On Sep 23, 2018
[You know him better than we do, from all you've said about him, including this one, the guy is a strong man, he's got integrity, it's quite unfortunate such a thing happened to him, I have a question for you, IF YOU WERE THE ONE IN THIS SITUATION, CAN HE BORROW YOU SUCH MONEY?, if yes, please borrow him. He's a man and has so much pain in his heart, he's at the verge of losing his customers, his reputation in business, his worth as a man, his career, because this appears to be what he knows best to do, imagine if you borrow him and he rises, and marries you, will such a man take things about you for granted?, you will become a part if his story in life, you'll be a reference to others in life, Be optimistic my friend, yes life is all about risk, what if you refuse to help and he rises or he goes out of business, is that what you want for him. the fact that he helped you with 100k to rise in ur business and has never bordered asking you, he doesn't request money from u, BABE U KNOW HIM BETTER...YOU KNOW IF HE DESERVES TO RISE AGAIN OR NOT, u never can tell how far your own business can go as well. Please help him for the sake of God, he won't misbehave, of course if he does, he knows what awaits him in life...that's all I can say. ]

Hez hardly make promises he can't fulfill because he likes keeping his words and he has never for one day ask for money from me if not this one[/quote]
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by SweetyZinta(f): 7:51pm On Sep 23, 2018
Suzzyyy:
Hello Nairalanders! Plz help! I hv been scared and confused abt a risk I want to tk so I decided to share for advice.

Im 29 and I hv a boyfriend who is 33. We hv been happily dating for close to 3 years now, he once helped me financially in a good way with 100k when I had problem with my little business, then he was doing pretty fine with his business, I sell plastics and hez into cloth business. But somtin happened last 2 months, he had terrible problems with his business and lost almost everything including his shop and in a bid to salvage his situation he ended up owing many pple, when all these started he didn't tell me, thou hez a kind of person that likes handling his problem alone without disturbing or telling me which I don't like bcus it somehow makes me feel less important and useful to him, I got to know when he changed, his attitude, moods and everything changed, hez always disturbed, thinking and always visiting pple, he payed less concern and attention to me, don't even call and when I call, he will be in a haste to end it, I became confused, so I had to asked what was going on, he said nothing, I got upset and insisted he must tell me, he then opened up, I felt so bad and almost cried, since then I have been trying to maintain his upkeep and sometimes give him money which hez not comfortable with.

The problem now Is that im scared, he asked for a huge amount of money from me which is 700k, he wants to start all over again in his cloth business and also clear some debt, and I can only boast of 820k home and abroad as a business woman, i just feel he saw my account balance before asking for this, Im scared to loose the money and him too. I love this guy but im so scared of doing this, he helped me when I needed money, but this sacrifice is bigger than me, he showed and detailed everything he will be doing with the money, Im just confused to gamble with my life savings, I know I might sound ungrateful what if the business or our relationship crumble? Won't I be stranded and doomed? My business is not that strong and we all know how most of sacrifices like this ended for people. Is this kind of risk worth doing for a boyfriend

Plz advice me on what to do, plz.
In my own opinion, give him 500k, tell him you have debts to pay also. If he can't start all over again with 500k, then 700k can't help him as well. May God guide us aright

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Welcomme: 7:51pm On Sep 23, 2018
Suzzyyy, dont give him all the 700k. You can lend him like 400k so he can get back on his feet. But if u didnt give him anything at all, then u are a self centered person and an ingrate.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by emykuzee: 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2018
no matter how you borrow to your partner
they will never pay you back
exprience

1 Like

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by jayphil: 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2018
Haba!! How can he be asking of that amount from you if he knows your balance. It's very unreasonable. He should start with something small.Your life savings is 820k and someone is asking for 700k? Don't do it. If you must help, lend him small amount that you can forget.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by lielbree: 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2018
Suzzyyy:

You are too rude, this is 700k we are talking about, my life savings not that I don't wnt to help, I love him so much tht I cnt see him sad, I just want advice to know if Im doing the right thing, dassall.
Babe use your head. U are not getting any younger. For 3years the guy has not proposed yet he wants 700k. Your life savings! Don't try it!

Give him 100k max!
Tell him you've invested your money and right now u hav3 only 100k u can give him.

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Yomit71(m): 7:53pm On Sep 23, 2018
Suzzyyy:

Hez hardly make promises he can't fulfill because he likes keeping his words and he has never for one day ask for money from me if not this one
if you believe in the business idea he table before you, then tell him to start small & you can spare 300k to him. remember one good turn deserves another. someone that can spare 100k for you without stress is worth giving 300k for a trial. God know how to repay you. he need you at this time & don't let vanity (money) ruin love you have 4 each other.
4get the rubbish many people are saying that you should not lend him money. it all boils down to selfishness. thanks
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Biglittlelois(f): 7:53pm On Sep 23, 2018
hmmm
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by highqueen(f): 7:53pm On Sep 23, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

THIS IS WHAT YOU CALL UPON YOURSELF WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR PERSONAL MATTERS PUBLIC AFFAIRS.
WORTHLESS NONENTITIES FEELING LIKE THEY BETTER THAN YOU.

THREAD STARTER, SUZZYYY, CAN YOU SEE THE LIBERTY YOU'VE GIVEN THESE VULTURES? THIS PERSON JUST CALLED YOUR BOYFRIEND AN IDĮOT, ALL THANKS TO YOU OF COURSE.
boy,its like you are really senseless, most guys like that, including you are nothing but what i earlier said, how on earth will you and that hungry boy ask a lady that her net worth is 800k to lend you 700k, are you wise atall? what if her business collapses tomorrow? are you telling me that the said boy doesnt have friends and family? cos if the reverse should be the case here i already know the bile that will emanate from your mouth, i even thought you were wiser than this undecided
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Rhea(f): 7:53pm On Sep 23, 2018
madridguy:
Correction noted. Thanks ma

wink
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by wahles(m): 7:53pm On Sep 23, 2018
Lol!
Op This is life. One thing must kill a man. May we all nt hoard money and leave it behind ooo. Tommorow isn't even guaranteed. If you wana help him, do so, forget about the rewards and what if.

Eyan le ku any f#cking time

1 Like

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Mizwisdom(f): 7:54pm On Sep 23, 2018
How does he know you have that amount in your account?
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 23, 2018
Suzzyyy:
Hello Nairalanders! Plz help! I hv been scared and confused abt a risk I want to tk so I decided to share for advice.

Im 29 and I hv a boyfriend who is 33. We hv been happily dating for close to 3 years now, he once helped me financially in a good way with 100k when I had problem with my little business, then he was doing pretty fine with his business, I sell plastics and hez into cloth business. But somtin happened last 2 months, he had terrible problems with his business and lost almost everything including his shop and in a bid to salvage his situation he ended up owing many pple, when all these started he didn't tell me, thou hez a kind of person that likes handling his problem alone without disturbing or telling me which I don't like bcus it somehow makes me feel less important and useful to him, I got to know when he changed, his attitude, moods and everything changed, hez always disturbed, thinking and always visiting pple, he payed less concern and attention to me, don't even call and when I call, he will be in a haste to end it, I became confused, so I had to asked what was going on, he said nothing, I got upset and insisted he must tell me, he then opened up, I felt so bad and almost cried, since then I have been trying to maintain his upkeep and sometimes give him money which hez not comfortable with.

The problem now Is that im scared, he asked for a huge amount of money from me which is 700k, he wants to start all over again in his cloth business and also clear some debt, and I can only boast of 820k home and abroad as a business woman, i just feel he saw my account balance before asking for this, Im scared to loose the money and him too. I love this guy but im so scared of doing this, he helped me when I needed money, but this sacrifice is bigger than me, he showed and detailed everything he will be doing with the money, Im just confused to gamble with my life savings, I know I might sound ungrateful what if the business or our relationship crumble? Won't I be stranded and doomed? My business is not that strong and we all know how most of sacrifices like this ended for people. Is this kind of risk worth doing for a boyfriend

Am a woman, just give him what you can forfeit, reciprocate his one time kind gesture, may be 200-300k borrowing will be fine.
Don't put your mind there at all, continue doing your thing your own way.
But a man that like hiding things for a 3 yrs r/ship is really worrisome.
Why dating till eternity?
Just do a pay back thing and live your life jare.
Don't give any man all your life savings abeg
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 23, 2018
Ximenez:
It's supposed to, if not, then it's not love. Let me ask you a question. Would you lay down your life for someone you love?
I will only do that for my immediate family.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Chujor1634(m): 7:56pm On Sep 23, 2018
You know him better than we do, from all you've said about him, including this one, the guy is a strong man, he's got integrity, it's quite unfortunate such a thing happened to him, I have a question for you, IF YOU WERE THE ONE IN THIS SITUATION, CAN HE BORROW YOU SUCH MONEY?, if yes, please borrow him. He's a man and has so much pain in his heart, he's at the verge of losing his customers, his reputation in business, his worth as a man, his career, because this appears to be what he knows best to do, imagine if you borrow him and he rises, and marries you, will such a man take things about you for granted?, you will become a part if his story in life, you'll be a reference to others in life, Be optimistic my friend, yes life is all about risk, what if you refuse to help and he rises or he goes out of business, is that what you want for him. the fact that he helped you with 100k to rise in ur business and has never bordered asking you, he doesn't request money from u, BABE U KNOW HIM BETTER...YOU KNOW IF HE DESERVES TO RISE AGAIN OR NOT, u never can tell how far your own business can go as well. Please help him for the sake of God, he won't misbehave, of course if he does, he knows what awaits him in life...that's all I can say. ]

Xxxxx Hez hardly make promises he can't fulfill because he likes keeping his words and he has never for one day ask for money from me if not this one[/quote Xxxxxx

1 Like

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by ocelot2006(m): 7:58pm On Sep 23, 2018
DO NOT DO IT!

I repeat it: DO NOT DO IT.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 23, 2018
Suzzyyy:

You are too rude, this is 700k we are talking about, my life savings not that I don't wnt to help, I love him so much tht I cnt see him sad, I just want advice to know if Im doing the right thing, dassall.

Your man sounds like a good man. It's a risk but I'd say life is a risk. If I were you I'd lend him the money.

He is uncomfortable taking money from you. That sounds like a man whose head is in the right place. He has a healthy dose of self esteem. The probability of him running off with your money is slim.

Some risks are worth taking. This is one of them. He will never forget it.

You never can tell, he may be using this as a kind of test to see if you could risk everything for him if he decides to wife you.

On the other hand, you may be throwing away your money for love.

Whatever the case may be you'll have to take a risk.

3 Likes

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Tunderfireyou: 7:58pm On Sep 23, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL. WE'RE VERY MUCH AWARE THAT MOST WOMEN (NOT ALL) WOULD RATHER COMMIT SUICIDE INSTEAD OF HELP OUT A MAN.
THEY CAN'T HELP THEIR MALE FRIENDS, NOR THEIR BOYFRIENDS, NOR THEIR HUSBANDS.. NOT EVEN THEIR OWN BLOOD BROTHERS.

THEY ONLY WANT TO RECEIVE, AND NEVER TO GIVE.

"SELFISHNESS AND WICKEDNESS" IS THE SYNONYM FOR WOMEN LIKE YOU.
ur head dey their. If u know u know .but wait o...to all women take

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Cerberus(m): 7:59pm On Sep 23, 2018
Well you've already made it a topic for the public so I guess you gonna have to pick one that you think suits you best among all the advice written here. But I'll just write that you can give him half or a bit above half of what is requested, like 350k. Then don't stand on that alone, you have to support him emotionally and psychologically. Both aspects are very important. Don't only make the matter of whether you're gonna lend him all the money or not to be the only priority, just like most ladies here are only focusing on. This is the time you can show him you are more than a woman by definition. If it's indeed true that he's the responsible type then don't hesitate to do all the above. It's how well he's able to get back up that will determine whether the money lent and the support given by you are worth it. Dunno why people keep hammering on whether one is a boyfriend or husband, hence the right of mind to support your partner or not. People should remember that boyfriends are the ones that become husbands and vice versa for girlfriends too. The problem we all have is the Nigerian mentality we have towards relationships these days. Almost everyone is pretending to be the right partner whenever the going is good.

And to those referring to the movie Acrimony I guess you people don't really understand that movie

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Tamarapetty(f): 7:59pm On Sep 23, 2018
t. . . If reverse was the case now, girls here would blast the dude of being stingy to help his babe. Smh

Well, aunty i won't advice u to give him all ur life savings, just lend him 400 to 500k, like u said: u were the one who asked him bout his probs, tell him to manage the little u can give. I'm sure he'd be grateful

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by edebemba(m): 8:01pm On Sep 23, 2018
donstan18:
When it comes to their turn to help a man financially, they'll remember [What if, What about, Sacrifice, Risky, Should I, Shall I, Shall we, Shall should, Shall us, Shall him, Shall she, Shall shim]

He helped your business stood its ground without asking if the risk was worth doing for a girlfriend, and here you are, calculating and warring the gravity of his sacrifice and the one he's asking of you. Sacrifice is sacrifice. Do it if you want, and if you don't, then get the hell out of his life.

Sex must not be the only thing you offer a man without seeking advice.

How I wish that I can see you face to face and shake you by the hand. Some people can be so ungrateful. That's too bad.

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by tabithababy(f): 8:02pm On Sep 23, 2018
Suzzyyy:

Don't ever try it

Please dont
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Mfgal: 8:02pm On Sep 23, 2018
I gave someone 40k, and it was even my school clearance fee.... For 5yrs now I have not seen that kind of money. So just give him what you can, not that amount is too much.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Tonimordred(m): 8:03pm On Sep 23, 2018
Suzzyyy:

rude 4 sayin d fact...u no supose even post d mata in as much u truly luv him...jst ask pple dat r close u n seek 4 beta advice,,even if u agree 2 giv him d moni dat ur BF myt nt b interestd again cos u don broadcast am n e myt b on NL nw readin
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Lisaflex(f): 8:03pm On Sep 23, 2018
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by bixton(m): 8:03pm On Sep 23, 2018
Suzzyyy:

[/b]One true turn deserves another[b]

If you're scared to give the entire amount, kindly give only that which you can afford to let go without any hard feelings if things turn sour.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Badgers14: 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2018
yazz09:
You are not obliged to lend him the exact amount he asked. Give him what you are comfortable with and tell him that's what you can part with as you still have other personal and business things that needs your funds

Spot on !!!!!!

1 Like

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by daviesblaze(m): 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2018
SweetyZinta:

In my own opinion, give him 500k, tell him you have debts to pay also. If he can't start all over again with 500k, then 700k can't help him as well. May God guide us aright

500K !!!!!

WOW smiley Never expected this coming from a lady.

All i've been seeing is not lending him the money at all or at most 200k should be sufficient. what a terrible mentality.
Indeed, this shows that love is dead.

Anyway @sweetyzinta, you did well in your advice. the suggestion sound reasonable. i hope @OP will consider it.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by peaceteklala: 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2018
Suzzyyy:

Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Cyriloha(m): 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2018
Well listen this is a very delicate matter as it is now
But I have somesome question
Do he know exactly what's in your bank account?
Have he ever mentioned marriage to you ? ( I'm sorry for all the questions but i think it needs to be touched)
**********************************************************************************
Well you having 820 and someone is requesting for 700k mind you that setting up biz takes longer than expected b4 it will matured
Please do not that you still need money for yourself to be turning up on your own biz so consider a lot please I will appreciate if you talk to me on +2348065604047 (what's app)
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by kunleweb: 8:05pm On Sep 23, 2018
LivingFree:
Use lend when you are giving money or items to someone.

Use borrow when you are taking money or items from someone (or funds from a bank!).

Try to use "lend me" in place of "loan me".

Can i kiss you for educating them on this lipsrsealed
Re: I Love My Boyfriend But I Am So Scared Of Lending Him 700k by Born2Breed(f): 8:06pm On Sep 23, 2018
Suzzyyy:

Life is all about sacrifice,we all need someone to lean on and you are that shoulder now.

Give him half of your money and keep half to fall back on so your business don't crumble.

Remember whatever you give him now may never be returned,that's were you are making the sacrifice.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Wedding Photos Of A Feminist & Her Man 5 Months After He Slid Into Her DM / Couple Uses Keke For Their Pre-wedding Pictures / Lady Arrives In A Casket For Her Prom Date (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.