Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,364 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? (16404 Views)

Blecyn: I Rejected A Marriage Proposal Because Of The Size Of His Manhood / Questions You Need To Ask Yourself Before Accepting To Date A Married Man - Meme / A Lady Rejected A Marriage Proposal For This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Jude49(m): 11:57am On Sep 27, 2018
Marry her if she has potentials. You could help build her up too
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by DawnG1(m): 11:59am On Sep 27, 2018
Bros don vex o grin grin grin grin
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by spiritedtete: 12:00pm On Sep 27, 2018
mrphysics:
1. The lady must be working and earning nothing less than 170k/month. [s]
2. She must be leaving alone.
3. She 'should' be mobile (optional)
[/s]
She must be changing her hairstyle every 2 weeks.

All these are my requirements (Men are not meant to suffer)
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Newboss(m): 12:02pm On Sep 27, 2018
donstan18:
Generally, marriage is the legal or formally recognized union of two people as partners in a personal relationship[Specifically a union between a man and a woman].

As we all know, most men[Not all] wait till they are financially buoyant enough to start up a family, because it's mainly a man's responsibility to pay the bills in his home, and he should be prepared.

But does that mean a lady who has only 2k in her account is finacially good to go or fit for marriage? I mean, like how much should a lady worth before accepting a marriage proposal from a man?

OPINIONS from either men/women will be welcomed.

Are you now a feminist? angry

Or is this misogyny at its peak? angry

I'm asking because you're a certified women shamer on Nairaland. angry

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by DAntivirus: 12:03pm On Sep 27, 2018
pocohantas:
If you want a lady that is gonna bring something to the table, marry an evening newspaper.

That said, as long as she has potential... marry her grin grin.

Are you an evening newspaper

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by abirescholar567: 12:08pm On Sep 27, 2018
A lady should worth 5k
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by spiceadole: 12:08pm On Sep 27, 2018
A woman's financial worth is not important.
Most men don't care if a woman earns anything or not.
As long as a man is comfortable and can provide, foot bills, a woman doesn't think twice to accept his proposal.
On social media, men say they like independent ladies but in reality, they prefer to marry dependent women.
The reason is obvious.

A woman's worth is not based on finance.
It's based on her marital status and child bearing status.

If you have money and you are not married, you be olosho, ashewo, evening /night newspaper.

Who cares about a woman's money?? NOBODY
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by pansophist(m): 12:09pm On Sep 27, 2018
I'm a traditional man when it comes to conjugal union. A lady that I intend to settle down with must meet the following.

Young and fertile. I'm in my mid twenties, and won't settle for a girl that is at least five years younger than me, preferably 10.

She must be beautiful and in good shape.

Compatibility is a must. Need I say more?

Must be willing to have my kids before her 30, in her most fertile period of her life.

She must be a literate, not necessarily formal education, albeit, autodidactism will do.

She can be poor as hell, I don't care. But if that makes her a leach, then I'm not compatible with her.

She has the choice to work or not, although the livelihood of the family is my responsibility.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Kennydoc(m): 12:09pm On Sep 27, 2018
donstan18:

You have a very good point, but I think you misunderstood me.

I mean, as a lady you are, how much do you think a lady should atleast have before going into marriage?

A lady's character traits and virtues are more important than any amount she has in her account, especially in Africa. Even if she has a lot of money, our culture makes it such that the man still bears most of the financial burden.
As far as I'm concerned, any lady that either has a decent job or skill which can yield money and matches these up with sound character in the home front (including submission) is good to go.
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by DAntivirus: 12:10pm On Sep 27, 2018
Mira200:
For ladies, any amount is worthy.
how about for a guy?
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 27, 2018
spiceadole:
A woman's financial worth is not important.
Most men don't care if a woman earns anything or not.
As long as a man is comfortable and can provide, foot bills, a woman doesn't think twice to accept his proposal.
On social media, men say they like independent ladies but in reality, they prefer to marry dependent women.
The reason is obvious.
Men does so to avoid infedelity from the side of his wife.
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by mhizcassidy001(f): 12:12pm On Sep 27, 2018
I used to think that after my HND i want to do my degree and have my master then a good paying job before i settle down,but guess what i will be 37 before i am able to settle for all this degree i so much love to acquired before i got married.
a lady should get married when she ithe opportunity to,even if she is not financially bouyant,if she has a skill, educated,she is good to go cause definitely she will bring some thing to the table as time goes on.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by 1x2x3: 12:13pm On Sep 27, 2018
Women should understand that being a woman doesn't automatically mean you are ready for marriage. If you are Jobless and can't contribute anything in a marriage then you are not ready.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by anonymous1759(m): 12:13pm On Sep 27, 2018
[quote author=donstan18 post=71519445]Generally, marriage is the legal or formally recognized union of two people as partners in a personal relationship[Specifically a union between a man and a woman].

As we all know, most men[Not all] wait till they are financially buoyant enough to start up a family, because it's mainly a man's responsibility to pay the bills in his home, and he should be prepared.

But does that mean a lady who has only 2k in her account is finacially good to go or fit for marriage? I mean, like how much should a lady worth before accepting a marriage proposal from a man?

OPINIONS from either men/women will be welcomed.

Most Nigerian girls think it's a crime for them to have bouyant account... Especially the ones I've on what'sapp grin grin grin grin grin grin definition of lazy youths.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by oluakin08: 12:14pm On Sep 27, 2018
5m
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by mhizcassidy001(f): 12:14pm On Sep 27, 2018
good list
pansophist:
I'm a traditional man when it comes to conjugal union. A lady that I intend to settle down with must meet the following.

Young and fertile. I'm in my mid twenties, and won't settle for a girl that is at least five years younger than me, preferably 10.

Must be willing to have my kids before her 30, in her most fertile period of her life.

She must be a literate, not necessarily formal education, albeit, autodidactism will do.

She can be poor as hell, I don't care. But if that makes her a leach, then I'm not compatible with her.

She has the choice to work or not, although the livelihood of the family is my responsibility.
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 27, 2018
Katier00:
Make sure you are working and support your spouse. Don't go to a man's house without financial support, don't just bring your hole and culinary tips to the table. Most men will abuse you, so no amount is too small or big. The point remains bring in some financial assistance to your marriage.
well said.
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by oneclickng: 12:16pm On Sep 27, 2018
pocohantas:
If you want a lady that is gonna bring something to the table, marry an evening newspaper.

are u one of them? Because i'm searching...
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 27, 2018
pansophist:

simple yet detailed! Good to know we still have men that understands RESPONSIBILITY!.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Cupie22(f): 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2018
mrphysics:
1. The lady must be working and earning nothing less than 170k/month.

Kilode??

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by kushme: 12:26pm On Sep 27, 2018
pocohantas:

With the situation of the country, most youths are still trying to find their feet in their 20s. Like you said, most men wait till they are financially stable to get married. Now, if this man is in his 30s and as usual, looking for a girl in her early-mid twenties... It won't be very wise of him to expect much. If he wants more, he should look in his circle of working individuals, which would most likely consist of his age group.

To the question, I think if she has a sense of responsibility, is frugal, has a job/skill and can bring something to the table, she is good to go. It is now up to the man to decide if that something is okay for him.

Kai.. This Poco' get common sense wella. Let me ask you a question...

Don't take it personal, shey you be evening newspaper? Cos, most times, old news na better reference and reasonable key to the future.
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Reminder: 12:52pm On Sep 27, 2018
She should worth a SKILL that people would require her service.
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 27, 2018
First life experience matters,
1: Experience what goes in ones head, when rent payment is due. That means you must have lived on your own.
2: Learn what it means to economize your provisions till the end of the month.
3: Learn to say no even if you have something to give to someone who requested it knowing it will hurt you, if you gave it out.
4: Learn to go left, if all things do not turn right.
5: Learn not to interrupt your spouse, even if his opinions are wrong, later tell him you have a suggestion on what he said, but it is up to him to do it or not, even if he fails in that regard you will support him,
6: Learn not to support your spouse, if he plan to do evil.Psalms 1;1-3
7: God said Happy are those hearing the word of God and keep it, Luke 11 vs 28
Your financial worth does not matter. Money matter pertaining to women, an ibo adage said Nwata kpata Oru ji, osi na ya apkata oru ubochi, ma omaghi na oru ji puru igwu na otu ubochi.
In english, when a child harvest 20 yams, he allocates it to 20 days, not knowing that 20 yams can last for a day
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 27, 2018
NAIRALAND IS NOTHING BUT SH!T..

IMAGINE TOPIC YOUNG MEN GATHER TO DISCUSS DAILY ON A FACELESS FORUM??

OP, HOW WILL THIS VERY USELESS TOPIC HELP THE EPILEPTIC POWER SITUATION IN YOUR AREA ??

POOR, EMPTY HEAD MOTHERFVCKERS..

SPITS.

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 27, 2018
pocohantas:

Hey do you have a younger sister though?

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by AlhajaChinyere: 1:18pm On Sep 27, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Getting married and breeding in this country scares the hell outta me. How do you guys do it?

Dont do it! It is HELL especially for the man.

The sex and love would wear off completely in 24 months. The rest na humongous suffering.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by bluefilm: 1:22pm On Sep 27, 2018
pocohantas:

A confirmed evening newspaper representing her senatorial district wella.

Keep doing the good job.

With the direction the economy of the country is heading to, all hope is not yet lost for the department of evening newspapers.
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by AlhajaChinyere: 1:24pm On Sep 27, 2018
Katier00:
Make sure you are working and support your spouse. Don't go to a man's house without financial support, don't just bring your hole and culinary tips to the table. Most men will abuse you, so no amount is too small or big. The point remains bring in some financial assistance to your marriage.

Nigerian parents should drum this into the brains of their daughters!!!!

Marrying a family richer than your own also have its many abusive and humiliating implications.

They will thoroughly rubbish you and your family. The hole is not enough in this day and age except the man wants to suffer.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by adebayo236(m): 1:25pm On Sep 27, 2018
mrphysics:
1. The lady must be working and earning nothing less than 170k/month.

there u ve it Ladies
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by OmoManU: 1:28pm On Sep 27, 2018
For me I think when a lady is done with proper schooling, uni first degree or poly HND in the minimum and she's of okay character and everyother things plus the guy asking for her hand is equally ready i.e he can fend for her
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by AlhajaChinyere: 1:31pm On Sep 27, 2018
Kennydoc:

A lady's character traits and virtues are more important than any amount she has in her account, especially in Africa. Even if she has a lot of money, our culture makes it such that the man still bears most of the financial burden.
As far as I'm concerned, any lady that either has a decent job or skill which can yield money and matches these up with sound character in the home front (including submission) is good to go.

Foolish African men always begging and asking for submission, na your slave?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Shares The Content Of Her DM With A Guy On Twitter / No Sex Till After Marriage (wedding Night)? Come In Here And C / The Bitter Nigerian Side Chick Impersonated An Ex Beauty Queen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.