Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,581 members, 7,958,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:12 AM

How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? (16715 Views)

Blecyn: I Rejected A Marriage Proposal Because Of The Size Of His Manhood / Questions You Need To Ask Yourself Before Accepting To Date A Married Man - Meme / A Lady Rejected A Marriage Proposal For This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by GuntersChain(m): 1:32pm On Sep 27, 2018
The only requirement must be that she has finished schooling then she has made up her mind mentally and emotionally that she is ready for marriage. Not all ladies are ready for marriage.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by jiorhemen(m): 1:32pm On Sep 27, 2018
mrphysics:
1. The lady must be working and earning nothing less than 170k/month.
2. She must be leaving alone.
3. She 'should' be mobile (optional)

She must be changing her hairstyle every 2 weeks.

All these are my requirements (Men are not meant to suffer)
Thanks for this. I like men who have standards when it comes to relationship with a woman. The society expects women to be choosy when it comes to relationship with guys, while expecting men to be okay with poverty stricken girls. No, guys too should consider a woman's financial state before getting married.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by AmazonTopaz(f): 1:36pm On Sep 27, 2018
spiceadole:
A woman's financial worth is not important.
Most men don't care if a woman earns anything or not.
As long as a man is comfortable and can provide, foot bills, a woman doesn't think twice to accept his proposal.
On social media, men say they like independent ladies but in reality, they prefer to marry dependent women.
The reason is obvious.

A woman's worth is not based on finance.
It's based on her marital status and child bearing status.

If you have money and you are not married, you be olosho, ashewo, evening /night newspaper.

Who cares about a woman's money?? NOBODY
Let's just say this is the reality according to you.
But try not to have that mindset or train your daughters with this kind of mindset and do remember that in this time and age a woman's money is her security(the one she earns for herself).Whether she is married or not.

And no enlightened person would agree that the worth of a woman is tied down to marriage or childbearing.

6 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by pocohantas(f): 1:38pm On Sep 27, 2018
kushme:

Kai.. This Poco' get common sense wella. Let me ask you a question...

Don't take it personal, shey you be evening newspaper? Cos, most times, old news na better reference and reasonable key to the future.

You must be new on NL not to know I am one.

cruchenutii:

Hey do you have a younger sister though?

Yes I do. Any problem?

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by don4real18(m): 1:41pm On Sep 27, 2018
ibkayee:

Total of 3 months salary at least, I know individual situations will be different though so just as a general rule if doable

As for myself, 25% of my salary and ideally at least one property under my name

Are you talking of a landed property or ________________. You have to be specific so that we will know the questions to ask when we see your pre-wedding pictures grin
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Kennydoc(m): 1:45pm On Sep 27, 2018
AlhajaChinyere:

Foolish African men always begging and asking for submission, na your slave?

See your hypocrisy! I mentioned that African men bear most of the financial burden of the families but you didn't pick on that. It's only my mention of submission that caught your attention. Shameless feminists!

I don't need you to agree with me, but a submissive woman ultimately rules her husband. A woman who submits to her husband can get the man to do anything. You don't approach your husband with authority or insistence on your stand as a woman and expect him to yield. He's a man and men have ego.
When you hear some men being tagged as woman wrapper, then you know their wives are submissive, and they've held their husbands in 'captivity'. I don't expect you to understand anyway.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Raalsalghul: 1:46pm On Sep 27, 2018
AlhajaChinyere:

Dont do it! It is HELL especially for the man.

The sex and love would wear off completely in 24 months. The rest na humongous suffering.
cheesy cheesy :DBro, e be like say you dey talk from experience.
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by AlhajaChinyere: 1:58pm On Sep 27, 2018
Kennydoc:

See your hypocrisy! I mentioned that African men bear most of the financial burden of the families but you didn't pick on that. It's only my mention of submission that caught your attention. Shameless feminists!

I don't need you to agree with me, but a submissive woman ultimately rules her husband. A woman who submits to her husband can get the man to do anything. You don't approach your husband with authority or insistence on your stand as a woman and expect him to yield. He's a man and men have ego.
When you hear some men being tagged as woman wrapper, then you know their wives are submissive, and they've held their husbands in 'captivity'. I don't expect you to understand anyway.

To be honest, you are very correct. A submissive woman will ultimately rule and own her husband.

But asking for it or demanding it won't work. It should flow naturally - which is the case when a man has got clout and respect.
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by AmazonTopaz(f): 2:00pm On Sep 27, 2018
Kennydoc:

The woman is being manipulative a "woman who is submissive to her husband ultimately rules him"
Bros that one na manipulation.I do not like to manipulate people so I would rather be blunt than pretend to appear submissive in order to get you to do my bidding.
also try not to generalise some women have ego too it is just the African society that tries to trim down the ego of a woman and continue to cultivate the ego of the man.
Don't make someone laugh abeg.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Kennydoc(m): 2:06pm On Sep 27, 2018
AlhajaChinyere:

To be honest, you are very correct. A submissive woman will ultimately rule and own her husband.

But asking for it or demanding it won't work. It should flow naturally - which is the case when a man has got clout and respect.

You are right. When respect or honour is forced or demanded, it loses it's flavour. That is the reason why God doesn't mandate us to honour him. He gives us the willpower but expects us to make the right choice. When we love and honour Him by choice without compulsion, it means so much to him.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by princenaira(m): 2:09pm On Sep 27, 2018
pocohantas:
If you want a lady that is gonna bring something to the table, marry an evening newspaper.

That said, as long as she has potential... marry her grin grin.

You are very wrong and still think awkward. Young girls of 23 are earning over half a million in my company. Men are rushing them and the already married among them are doing great in marriage. Wake up please. Hard working girls are still available. Not the ones that wasted their time in school and are now fill time liability

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by rexx07(m): 2:12pm On Sep 27, 2018
If you love yourself and your sanity, you better be earning enough to care for your family without depending on what your wife is earning, Worst case scenario, her income should be a sort of backup (last minute backup sef). Your main should be a woman who can build your home.
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Kennydoc(m): 2:16pm On Sep 27, 2018
AmazonTopaz:

The woman is being manipulative a "woman who is submissive to her husband ultimately rules him"
Bros that one na manipulation.I do not like to manipulate people so I would rather be blunt than pretend to appear submissive in order to get you to do my bidding.
also try not to generalise some women have ego too it is just the African society that tries to trim down the ego of a woman and continue to cultivate the ego of the man.
Don't make someone laugh abeg.

Unfortunately, you misunderstood me. I was not talking about deceitful submission just to manipulate a man or get him to do your bidding. Also, when I talked about ruling over the husband, I was only referring to winning his heart completely such that he can go any length for her. It's often a reward for the sacrifices of such women when the eyes of their husbands must have opened. It usually takes a while to happen.

My babe taught me how to sincerely apologise whenever I hurt her, but she didn't shout or force it. She showed it and within a short time, I was won over. If I had a misunderstanding with her and I was sad, she would apologise immediately she realises I was hurt. Later on, she will open my eyes to the way I offended her and in most cases, I even treated her worse. Because she has apologised even when she had a weaker reason to do so, I will often be very motivated to apologise to her. Gradually, I learnt how to say "I'm sorry" even for the slightest offence. That is what submission does.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by surulere012: 2:18pm On Sep 27, 2018
No too much talk. Join us and celebrate with us...call or whatsapp
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by olamidefatoye(f): 2:24pm On Sep 27, 2018
Personally, I think the most ideal is for the lady to at least have something that is fetching her money, no matter how small. This is so that she would not be a liability and she would eventually be the helpmate she should be cos all the responsibilities don't have to be on the man alone.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by AmazonTopaz(f): 2:25pm On Sep 27, 2018
Okay ooo .Whatever rocks your boat as for me the submission has to be mutual(both sides).
Kennydoc:

Unfortunately, you misunderstood me. I was not talking about deceitful submission just to manipulate a man or get him to do your bidding. Also, when I talked about ruling over the husband, I was only referring to winning his heart completely such that he can go any length for her. It's often a reward for the sacrifices of such women when the eyes of their husbands must have opened. It usually takes a while to happen.

My babe taught me how to sincerely apologise whenever I hurt her, but she didn't shout or force it. She showed it and within a short time, I was won over. If I had a misunderstanding with her and I was sad, she would apologise immediately she realises I was hurt. Later on, she will open my eyes to the way I offended her and in most cases, I even treated her worse. Because she has apologised even when she had a weaker reason to do so, I will often be very motivated to apologise to her. Gradually, I learnt how to say "I'm sorry" even for the slightest offence. That is what submission does.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by AlhajaChinyere: 2:50pm On Sep 27, 2018
Kennydoc:

You are right. When respect or honour is forced or demanded, it loses it's flavour. That is the reason why God doesn't mandate us to honour him. He gives us the willpower but expects us to make the right choice. When we love and honour Him by choice without compulsion, it means so much to him.

Wetin be this? This one no concern me as I am not a believer. Each to his own, I hope you get.
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by AlhajaChinyere: 2:52pm On Sep 27, 2018
Kennydoc:

Very true!
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by divinelove(m): 2:53pm On Sep 27, 2018
donstan18:
Generally, marriage is the legal or formally recognized union of two people as partners in a personal relationship[Specifically a union between a man and a woman].

As we all know, most men[Not all] wait till they are financially buoyant enough to start up a family, because it's mainly a man's responsibility to pay the bills in his home, and he should be prepared.

But does that mean a lady who has only 2k in her account is finacially good to go or fit for marriage? I mean, like how much should a lady worth before accepting a marriage proposal from a man?

OPINIONS from either men/women will be welcomed.

A woman is just a helper in marriage and giving someone help is sometimes discretionary. A man is the chief provider of his home, infact it is his duty to take care of his wife.

Having said this a good woman should be prepared to support her family by earning some income. She should be educated or have some marketable skill before marriage. She is not necessarily supposed to worth any amount before marriage but if she is worth sth then that's good.

Men should stop focusing on a woman's money it only makes them lazy and unproductive.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Raalsalghul: 2:58pm On Sep 27, 2018
princenaira:

You are very wrong and still think awkward. Young girls of 23 are earning over half a million in my company. Men are rushing them and the already married among them are doing great in marriage. Wake up please. Hard working girls are still available. Not the ones that wasted their time in school and are now fill time liability
Bro which company is that let me apply. Thanks!
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by id4sho(m): 3:12pm On Sep 27, 2018
olamidefatoye:
Personally, I think the most ideal is for the lady to at least have something that is fetching her money, no matter how small. This is so that she would not be a liability and she would eventually be the helpmate she should be cos all the responsibilities don't have to be on the man alone.
Am impressed, I like you.
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by pocohantas(f): 3:28pm On Sep 27, 2018
princenaira:

They are the exception and not the rule. You don't need to tell me to wake up, because I can relate to that. But I am also the exception and not the rule.

So, you should do the waking up. Nigeria is hard!!!!

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Cocao(f): 4:18pm On Sep 27, 2018
Heaven knows that if i were a guy, I wont marry a woman that is not financially independent at least to an extent. But I am no a guy, so what do I know?

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Badilstical(m): 4:24pm On Sep 27, 2018
pocohantas:
If you want a lady that is gonna bring something to the table, marry an evening newspaper.

That said, as long as she has potential... marry her grin grin.
Evening newspaper kwa una go kill with skills here oooh
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by wicepaz: 4:50pm On Sep 27, 2018
na so...beauty and house wifey material should tell
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by whales84: 4:55pm On Sep 27, 2018
Hmm! Settling down with right partner is more important than anything. If a woman is bunch of a wife material, she will automatically be financially buoyant or independent along the way just as for men. So if she has or doesn't have any money now doesn't make any difference.She would make a difference if she is bad in finance, tolerance, patience, care, and character.
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 27, 2018
pocohantas:

Yes I do. Any problem?

Habba, Relax na, can't somebody ask you question again cheesy
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Nyceguy92: 5:10pm On Sep 27, 2018
[quote author=donstan18 post=71519445]

This is a redundant question.

All over the World, there is no such thing as how much a woman must be worth before she marries. It is not a factor in choosing a spouse.

Or is the OP saying that if a woman of marriage age does not have X amount of cash, she would deem herself unfit for marriage and reject marriage proposals?
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Wild4life: 6:03pm On Sep 27, 2018
donstan18:
Generally, marriage is the legal or formally recognized union of two people as partners in a personal relationship[Specifically a union between a man and a woman].

As we all know, most men[Not all] wait till they are financially buoyant enough to start up a family, because it's mainly a man's responsibility to pay the bills in his home, and he should be prepared.

But does that mean a lady who has only 2k in her account is finacially good to go or fit for marriage? I mean, like how much should a lady worth before accepting a marriage proposal from a man?

OPINIONS from either men/women will be welcomed.

Herself worth, self-esteem and confidence in priceless. Those qualities in place is worth more than material wealth.
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Odunharry(m): 6:22pm On Sep 27, 2018
mrphysics:
1. The lady must be working and earning nothing less than 170k/month.
2. She must be leaving alone.
3. She 'should' be mobile (optional)

She must be changing her hairstyle every 2 weeks.

All these are my requirements (Men are not meant to suffer)
Lmao. See sarcasm. Many people won't like this
Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by Glink2018(m): 6:32pm On Sep 27, 2018
Katier00:
Make sure you are working and support your spouse. Don't go to a man's house without financial support, don't just bring your hole and culinary tips to the table. Most men will abuse you, so no amount is too small or big. The point remains bring in some financial assistance to your marriage.
You ladies now know that there is no super man anywhere, all what guys that is in the antics of a man is just to cover up their weaknesses. Including financial weaknesses.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Lady Worth Before Accepting A Marriage Proposal? by erico2k2(m): 8:12pm On Sep 27, 2018
ibkayee:
Lol ‘broke’ does not have the same implications across genders in this society. Same way women aren’t as overly fazed about a guy’s looks and youth.

Most guys don’t care about her ‘marriageable’ bank account as long as she’s relatively attractive, ‘domestic’, has a decent personality, has the potential to bring in a decent amount of income at some point etc. Obviously there are exceptions but this applies generally.
if she has less than 2k in her bank she has no potential full stop, 2k as in two thousand naira.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Missionary Position / How Girls Walk Around When They Not Getting Any Dick / How Rampant Is Sex In The University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.