Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

"If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady (41565 Views)

If You Cannot Marry 4wives, I Cannot Marry You - Lady Says (video) / Training Me Through School Doesn’t Mean I Will Marry You—lady Tells Partner (vid / Make Sure You Have 30 Billion In Your Account Before I Can Date You- Lady Brags (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by Deltatoto: 4:31pm On Sep 28, 2018
djon78:

Oga Delta State is living way below her potential. A state that has the likes of Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, The ibrus etc is not meant to be where she is. I watched udaghans interview on Chanel's recently, he was just twisting tongue when asked what he did as governor.

Look at a state like Lagos, doing extremely well. Delta is supposed to be better

i totally disagree with u sir development in delta state is cut across the three sen districts if we wanted to concentrate on the state capital I bet it would be Dubai standard we have a lot of liveable cities in delta I can count most of the states that ppl feel are developed just focus on the cPital take Akwa Ibom for instance after uyo and eket u can’t name any lovely city but in delta liveable cities are countless
Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by omoharry(f): 4:34pm On Sep 28, 2018
DreamersVille24:

Great response to that oaf.

I'm unpleasantly surprised with the mentality on display by guys on NL on this matter.

There are greater issues in life to be more concerned with than marriage or children ultimately.
Abi oo!He kon carry the case like government work

1 Like

Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by tunize(m): 4:51pm On Sep 28, 2018
Ppl are so dump that wen they give opinion that dey dont reason. So because she was fortunate enough to be married on time now means every girl is too. Cos 35yrs nai wan marry herself or make dem nor go thank God.

2 Likes

Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by ImaIma1(f): 5:05pm On Sep 28, 2018
DreamersVille24:

Great response to that oaf.

I'm unpleasantly surprised with the mentality on display by guys on NL on this matter.

There are greater issues in life to be more concerned with than marriage or children ultimately.

It is irritating and cringe-worthy. And these are guys that are always mouthing about how they prefer to date foreign women or how backward Nigeria is compared to foreign countries.

With this kind of mentality?! A foreign woman will not even condone such stupidity and the guy will either be very meek and well behaved to be in the marriage or run away.

Village mentality everywhere and they boldly spew trash. They probably haven't even reached puberty. Who is giving this underage boys phones to play with?

1 Like

Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by Angelina996(f): 5:06pm On Sep 28, 2018
This girl (not woman obviously) just vexed me die...I fit thro am stone grin , so the 35+ single ladies should kill themselves because they've not found a financial saviour, or what? Its obvious she thinks all ladies have to depend on men, Or did she not know that not all (100%) ladies want a man to lord over them??...considering majority of the men outside nowadays.

Abeg, no quote me o, opinion expressing is free “and fair" unlike osun state's election...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by laydoh(m): 5:10pm On Sep 28, 2018
DreamersVille24:

My dear change this mentality!!!

This is why Africa remains stagnant and mostly unproductive!

There are a lot of challenges in different spheres of life awaiting our conquest.

Marriage is only a choice which has even wrecked so many people and cut short their destinies.

You were not put on earth to wantonly make babies but to leave the world a better place.

Many of you end up frustrating yourselves after rushing into marriage for all the wrong reasons.

The world does not revolve around marriage.

Wake up and smell the coffee!!!
Since you are so productive and also not stagnant,what have done for Africa or are you not an African? Other continents that you are even trying to dissociate with Africa also value marriage,so drop your MENTALITY.Stop asslicking.Have you made the world a better place as you have claimed?

2 Likes

Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 28, 2018
chris31:

It's had time we stop deceiving ourselves
We both no that a woman's life is like a flower
Women mature early than men & also fade early than men also
At 31 a mans life is even kicks starting while woman at the same age starts fading out
Give yourself hope.
Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by djon78(m): 5:36pm On Sep 28, 2018
ImaIma1:

It is irritating and cringe-worthy. And these are guys that are always mouthing about how they prefer to date foreign women or how backward Nigeria is compared to foreign countries.

With this kind of mentality?! A foreign woman will not even condone such stupidity and the guy will either be very meek and well behaved to be in the marriage or run away.

Village mentality everywhere and they boldly spew trash. They probably haven't even reached puberty. Who is giving this underage boys phones to play with?

Who is giving this underage boys phones to play with? grin
Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by lordlugards: 5:42pm On Sep 28, 2018
ladyverere:

Mumu for your info my first daughter is older than you and doing very well in the university. And instead of wasting your youth on NL engage in something meaningful.
so I should allow u waste ur old age on NL ba.

So u are Granny and u were interfering on an 18 yrs old guy comment.

U need sense
Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 28, 2018
ANGELMARVE:
The truth they say is very bitter.
she is completely saying the truth. How can a responsible Lady not get married before the age of 35?
If she is not married before her 35th birthday, then her responsibility comes into question. It's either there is something from her pursuing men away or her case has gone spiritual.

You cannot tell me it's her career because as career minded as Beyonce and chimamanda are, "They are both happily married with kids"
That is because their various husbands find them responsible with good woman characters.
So as a Lady that is unmarried after 35, You seriously need to check your life and repair those traits that have drove men away.
I know popular women defenders like cococandy and Dominique will come to defend their nairaland unmarried females as usual but the truth is that both coco and Dominique are married, So the unmarried 35+ ladies need not to be deceived by their defensive words, You better go check up your life, go get married and have kids.
There is nothing more beautiful than seeing your Daughter or son calling you mommy, Mommy, mommy and your husband at your bed side every night.

Or... maybe they just don’t want to be married.
Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 28, 2018
ANGELMARVE:
Please my dear, spear me the sermon of life is not a competition.
Listen i am a guy and i can tell you how Guys think.
Guys are lovers of good and responsible ladies, If a lady is responsible and a wife material, there is always that good guy that is 100% ready to wife her.
The only ladies that guys are running away from when it comes to marriage, are ladies that have questionable characters or past.
When i was in school in my ND days, there are some ladies that got married before ND graduation, while the slay queens are still unmarried even till today.

So what makes the married students to be different than the unmarried ones?
My dear the difference is clear like mirror.
As a Lady clock 25, if she is responsible, mature, resourceful with good characters, There are guys out there that are ready to get married to her, even if she is still in school.
Do you know when omotola got married?
What of Beyonce?
What of Michele Obama?
what of Aisha buhari?
Please spear me the life is not a competition crap, If a lady is good, she will get married.
Most unmarried 35+ ladies have spent their early days slaying, clubbing and doing all sorts of youthful Nonsense that have driven responsible guys away.

But you are only saying guys want to marry a good woman. What about the what the good woman wants? What if she doesn’t want any of those men? Or those her wants not count?
Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by JJmubby: 5:56pm On Sep 28, 2018
Immaculatesnow:
This lady talk true sha but not with standing, she is very ugly and very unhappy in her marriage life

Abeg I want a verified Nigerian AdSense account to buy

I can open and verify for you
Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2018
HeyCorleone:

This particular comment is bugged with insecurity. Why do you take it awful hard?

Her contention was that 35+ yo ladies shouldn't be doing those funny photoshoots. First thing is that those shots are quite childish. You'd hold balloon and makeup blah blah blah. Even married ladies need not engage in such act meant for teenagers and people in their early 20s.

There's no reason on earth, or in heaven above, why a woman above 35, married or unmarried, should have one of those funny photoshoots.

So calm down Uncle Sandra. If you like don't marry at all, be pursuing hoedom under the guise of freedom. I can assure you nobody cares.

How about we let women do what they want to do. If they want to celebrate their birthday, or take juvenile pictures, how does that affect you and your family?

1 Like

Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 28, 2018
manikspears:

I checked your profile and found out you carry the feminist thingy like dreadlocks,if I may ask what is the ideal behind feminism and what are the points you intend to loud cos I don't understand. If you don't marry till a certain age your body will revolt except you remove your womb. Now if I may ask, is it a thing of joy even for men not to be married by the age of 35? How old do you want to be when your first child graduates?

I don’t know why Nigerian men find it very hard to believe that not ALL millions of marriageable Nigerian women WANT to get married ( nothing to do with feminism) all those ‘bad’ wives that husbands complain about are mostly woman that don’t want to be married but are forced to do so.
Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 28, 2018
donstan18:
Shot fired!! What a bitter truth! After bashing her, you all will still log out and face reality of what she said grin

Look at them, a lot of them up there wishing and saying she isn't happy with her family, all because she said the truth, all because the truth is bitter. grin

Even without being told, an evening newspaper lady should know that she has no right to celebrate birthday because she has been biologically expired, psychological traumatized, sexually useless, maritally screwed and aboki-cally suyalized.

A single lady still celebrating birthdays, going to wedding parties and still doing boyfriend/boo at 30+, is a disgrace and a big shame.

Sensible evening newspapers will do nothing to end their predicament but............

i swear this thread for no make sense without ur commentcheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by Raalsalghul: 6:09pm On Sep 28, 2018
embarassed
Brightgem:
Do you understand the fact somebody somewhere will read ur comment and actually feel it's time to end their life and do it? That makes you a what? A silent killer. Do you understand that there are ladies in their 30s plus who are decent, living honestly but it just happens to be their life trial that they haven't found a companion yet, especially because men who make comments like you exist? Do you understand what the tag evening newspaper is doing to women who didn't choose to be so? Do you know the concept of keep quiet if you have nothing good to say? You are just a waste of air and space meant for other human beings. Ladies stay strong and true to ur selves o. Love is ageless, u can always find who is true. Please don't settle.
embarassed embarassedAwwww. I'm touched.

1 Like

Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 28, 2018
IamLEGEND1:
Misery truly does love company.
At least she get money to throw her own parties. All these hoes wey dey get 4 birthday parties per year nkor? All sponsored by different gods.
gods with thick akantcheesy

Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by Raalsalghul: 6:21pm On Sep 28, 2018
LivingFree:
She ain't even talking about anyone else but the chick she's shading, and the rest of you'll have turned it into a discussion shocked

May you'll find peace in your lifes so you'll can stop hating on people grin
That is ehn, the matter tire me.
Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by Diamond23(f): 6:25pm On Sep 28, 2018
In dz journey called LIFE overtaking z allowed, some started early but couldn’t make it to d final due to one obstacles/obstructions or d oda. Some started late buh made it to d finishing line. ......Dat she z favored doesn’t mean she z smarter or holier dan doz fighting over d Wristwatch repairer
Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by Immaculatesnow(m): 6:32pm On Sep 28, 2018
JJmubby:

I can open and verify for you

What is your price
Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by Brightgem(f): 6:36pm On Sep 28, 2018
vingeophysicist:
I was just saying you didn't make any tangible point base on your comment in respect to the op's point and you decided to insult me and tag me as unreasonable.
I really don't want to reply you because I respect women.You are acting strong but I know people like you are very fragile. I will not insult you, because if I do....
well sorry, wasn't my own error, you apparently failed to see who I quoted, which my comment was referring to and not the poster. Besides your comment was in no way polite in the first place, even if I was referring to the OP.
Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 28, 2018
Brightgem:
well sorry, wasn't my own error, you apparently failed to see who I quoted, which my comment was referring to and not the poster. Besides your comment was in no way polite in the first place, even if I was referring to the OP.
I only made reference to your comment and you decided to tag me as an unreasonable person
Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by ImaIma1(f): 6:55pm On Sep 28, 2018
Deltatoto:
mugu u are asking me to get married my first son is older than u and u are talking about working I have worked so hard that I can decide to fold my hands and legs for d rest of my life and I’ll be feeding Fat I’m a Honourable member in delta state so no worry.finally try and get married your family must be ashamed of u now.

No insult intended. But you cannot be this old and still think like this.

3 Likes

Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by ImaIma1(f): 6:58pm On Sep 28, 2018
omoharry:
Then dedicate that time to see how you can help you community or human kind ..that is the bane of the black man..they dont think beyond their nose but only them self..this time you are suing to spill out bitterness on the internet can be use it to champion a cause that will be beneficial to young Nigerians and society..that is why the white man will continue to be better than us because we do not see beyond our nose..you life end with getting married and having children and securing a political position for yourself to steal money.. while in the western world, people that have less work to do are thinking of how life than be much better and easier for mankind to live in..You are a Honorable member of Delta state..how have you affected your community positively with the position that you have.. ? you are not honarable mr man because no Nigerian politician deserve that name honor to their name because they are the problem of the country..so why wont you have all the time to castigate women because you have all the time in you hand because there is free to take home at the end of the month.you don't deserve that name.
Shame on me!!?..if you have given birth to my age mate and you can reason like this, then I appalled that an elderly man can reason like this.I expect wisdom to come with age but I can see it has eluded you.My parents are dead, soo I own nobody and society any explanation..
So Mr honorable member of Delta state, instead of you to think of how Delta state can become the active booming place that it use to be because of the restiveness of the youth by seeing how meaningful development and peace can be restore back to the state so that companies can start operating there, you are here wasting your time making mockery of unmarried women and you self.

I am ashamed that a mediocre like you will hold such position and display your foolishness blatantly for the world to see...Now I know why we will continue to remain backward because we have your kind in the corridors of powder .You are not honorable in any way..you are just a political hustler slinging to any scrumps that falls on you table as long as you continue to be loyal to who ever you call oga.
If you are married then I feel sorry for your wife because its only a man that have no regard for women that would come here and exhibit that.I dont envy her at all.Bye Mr Dis-honorable

Some men really have a long way to go. How an old man can be this myopic and narrow minded sounding like a child that lacks the wisdom of the elders. What a pity!

1 Like

Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by Yuceeluv(f): 8:06pm On Sep 28, 2018
You speak with high ignorance when it comes to THE SCHOOL OF LIFE!

Same way you expect every responsible lady to be married before 30 is the same way every responsible man is supposed to have a HOUSE, CAR, FAT PAY CHECK(SALARY EARNER OR SELF EMPLOYED),etc...my brother,if you have none of these then SHAME ON YA! smiley

ANGELMARVE:
Please my dear, spear me the sermon of life is not a competition.
Listen i am a guy and i can tell you how Guys think.
Guys are lovers of good and responsible ladies, If a lady is responsible and a wife material, there is always that good guy that is 100% ready to wife her.
The only ladies that guys are running away from when it comes to marriage, are ladies that have questionable characters or past.
When i was in school in my ND days, there are some ladies that got married before ND graduation, while the slay queens are still unmarried even till today.

So what makes the married students to be different than the unmarried ones?
My dear the difference is clear like mirror.
As a Lady clock 25, if she is responsible, mature, resourceful with good characters, There are guys out there that are ready to get married to her, even if she is still in school.
Do you know when omotola got married?
What of Beyonce?
What of Michele Obama?
what of Aisha buhari?
Please spear me the life is not a competition crap, If a lady is good, she will get married.
Most unmarried 35+ ladies have spent their early days slaying, clubbing and doing all sorts of youthful Nonsense that have driven responsible guys away.

2 Likes

Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 28, 2018
lordlugards:
donstan18 make a comment and gave his advice, instead of u to make use of the advice of this young 18yrs old man. U are here masquerading up and down forming miss educated.

Pls go and marry before men suyalised ur kpekus.
try as I may, I couldn't decipher your entire thought process...it is way below warped and a total burden to any logical minded person especially mature. So like you say donstan is 18 and you a total stranger advice another total stranger to get married on a faceless forum.Your submission thus far is noted.Now give yourself a pat in the back.
Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 28, 2018
safarigirl:
you don't know what you are talking about

There are some responsible women that can't find men because they don't socialise. Where will men see these ones to marry?

Those girls slaying in the clubs, they are the ones getting married to the best men every Saturday. Go and check BellaNaija, na dem you go see. I am not talking about all those marriage of frustration that some women subject themselves to. Marriage with two frustrated souls who can barely feed.

Responsible women rarely see husbands because they don't gallivant. Where will good men see you if you are constantly indoors? I am talking about men who respect you and your ideals. Most Nigerian men cannot date a woman who doesn't want sex in a relationship, even if she isn't materialistic and when you find women like that, their relationships don't last

You cannot talk for women because everybody has a struggle that you will never know because you can only speak for your angle.
Safarigirl 'nuff said!You go girl! add to that society always expect good character from the ladies but gloss over the men with their repugnant character defect; some of these good and decent women would rather wait on Mr Right if there's any by the way than settle for some mediocre and shoddy excuse for a man. The braver ones take the bull by the horn and marry foreigners. There's too much stress being with a 9j man abeg in this same society of ours. There's so much more about being a man than having a "pe.nis" dangling from between a man's legs and some of us would rather up the ante than settle for any "mediocre"
For you suckers and low lifers quoting me on the wrong side, bite that...don't blame any decent girl for rejecting your low life offer of marriage by calling her evening newspaper...quit being a low life and a loser...match up her standards. Some of us are already living our best lives with or without marriage. Point is happiness and self fullfilment and whatever rocks an individual boat.

1 Like

Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by manikspears: 10:51pm On Sep 28, 2018
TheNaijanBlog:

I don’t know why Nigerian men find it very hard to believe that not ALL millions of marriageable Nigerian women WANT to get married ( nothing to do with feminism) all those ‘bad’ wives that husbands complain about are mostly woman that don’t want to be married but are forced to do so.

I understand but that still doesn't make it right,I wish above all that thou mayest prosper , not having a companion is not prosperity.i pray for all those searching to find their bones.
Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by lastclaire4(f): 11:44pm On Sep 28, 2018
lordlugards:
so I should allow u waste ur old age on NL ba.

So u are Granny and u were interfering on an 18 yrs old guy comment.

U need sense
That was rude.
Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by Deltatoto: 11:56pm On Sep 28, 2018
ImaIma1:

No insult intended. But you cannot be this old and still think like this.
same thg ppl say about Femi Adesina and Lai na d work
Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by safarigirl(f): 12:09am On Sep 29, 2018
Raalsalghul:
At the bolded, only reason they pretend not to want sex is to appear decent. Can you guarantee they're virgins?
i can guarantee for myself and even if they're not, it is okay for someone to decide they don't want to indulge in sex until they are in a committed relationship

1 Like

Re: "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady by citadels(f): 6:22am On Sep 29, 2018
[quote author=quentin06 post=71599471] angry

It paineth you, drop dead.[/quotur sense of reasoning is so low. So how can i come down to ur level of low reasoning. Pweeh!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

After Planning Our Wedding For 3 Years,they Say I Am Not Wife Material / LADIES: Mention The Things You Need From Your Man To Make You Loyal To Him / Why Some Ladies Remain Single For Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.