Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,101 members, 7,818,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm (45557 Views)

Live Updates: Peter Obi Addresses A Town Hall Meeting In New York-pictures / Live Broadcast: Nnamdi Kanu's World Press Broadcast From Jerusalem / Full Text Of Ambode's World Press Conference (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by dgee1(m): 1:26pm On Sep 30, 2018
RTSC:

Go to your village in osogbo and see the meaning of backwardness.

Lagos is not your ancestral land.

Isn't that funny? How is Umahia or Abakaliki better than Osogbo?

Lagos belongs to 'everyone' but Enugu belongs you. grin
RTSC:

Go to your village in osogbo and see the meaning of backwardness.

Lagos is not your ancestral land.

Lagos is your ancestral land and Enugu also belongs you. lol
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by RTSC: 1:28pm On Sep 30, 2018
uniqueboi:
All these double faced bastards casting ambode may thunder strike all of you. Before now we no dae hear word, "Ambode is working, Eko oni babe" idiots. Una let one brown tooth thief to dae dictate how Lagos money dae go. Shameless cowards.
I remember when ambode was concentrating on the eko Atlantic project.

His news was making headlines everyday while he was being painted as the best governor in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by Larryallovernig: 1:28pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ambode it is a gone tongue
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by RTSC: 1:31pm On Sep 30, 2018
dgee1:

Lagos belongs to 'everyone' but Enugu belongs you. grin

Lagos is your ancestral land and Enugu also belongs you. lol

Lagos is not my ancestral land .
My parents are not from there

Igbos go to their ancestral lands every Christmas, unlike you people.

You are calling others backward, while backwardness is the definition of your ancestral lands.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by Malawian(m): 1:31pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ambode should take his bigotry and leave quietly!! Do you know we paid 400k as land use charge this year for a 2 storey building. We even went to know if they will reduce it for us but no luck. meanwhile, the one storey building next to ours paid 50k, and the two storey building where i work paid 115k, both owned by Yorubas. Ambode targetted Igbos properties for exhorbitant taxation.

Igbo people are waiting for him at the polls. If APC likes, let them field him. We are coming for him.
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by jjmk(m): 1:31pm On Sep 30, 2018
[quote author=PassingShot post=71654507]This is looking like a lost battle for Ambode.

Let him just quit already. If as a sitting governor, you cannot get enough party leaders and members to die for your candidacy, you actually failed the party.

Commiserations! [/quote
He knows he stands no chance...but that shouldn't mean he should just lie down while they ride roughshod on him. Its better he goes down fighting. Truth be told, he did some good things but also failed in other areas.
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by RTSC: 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2018
bilulu:

Betrayers everywhere..... Yorubas can never be trusted.
Lord lugard concurs with you.
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2018
The cabal controlling Aso Rock are not wasting this very rare opportunity to cut Tinubu down to size. They are well aware he has only two states left in his political empire (Oyo and Osun) now that he has also lost Lagos. His political value to them has shrunk drastically and they plan to deal directly with the governors of the newly independent southwestern states come 2019

Buhari has never been known to desert his friends, this latest development just shows he does not have a mind of his own and he is not the one actually ruling this country, he is just a figurehead being manipulated by some powerful Hausa/Fulani interests. For the north, has always been about power, since 1960. Bola Ahmed Tinubu shouldn't have allied himself with the Buhari Organization in the first instance. For him, it was all about money, so he struck a deal that never had the interests of the Yoruba people at its core. His chickens have come home to roost.
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by Bhol28: 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2018
If truly this guy is finding it hard to get support from at least some of the party top notch in Lagos and also the ordinary party members then he has really tucked himself up. waiting for what he has to say first sha
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by Rexnegro(m): 1:34pm On Sep 30, 2018
Nukilia:

Did he fail the people of Lagos? Why do we put party interest ahead of National interest?
relatively to fashola government he failed bro...the pace fashola set should have been maintained instead he slowdown too slow..Lagos now is the most dirtiest state in Nigeria . our compound waste na burn we dey burn am o, since the vision scape only has showed once in my neighborhood. so many tinz done that got people angry sha
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by dazzlingd(m): 1:35pm On Sep 30, 2018
haryorbarmie83:
I have the feelings that Ambo will disgrace Tinubu tomorrow.

How? When all the forces are against him. It's no rocket science
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by bilulu(m): 1:37pm On Sep 30, 2018
RTSC:

Lord lugard concurs with you.
If Tinubu retraces his step now u will see how dey will flood here n be shouting best governor everywhere..... where is autojosh self

1 Like

Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by truthfulparrot(m): 1:37pm On Sep 30, 2018
Koralords:
All this political novice Saying ambode would disgrace Tinubu ...he did not loose Lagos when in opposition so now that he has all the federal might he would loose abi Osun Na play with what will happen in Lagos
What you don't know is that PMB and the Cabal in the presidency are supporting Ambode. They know that they will effectively cut Tinubu to size if they can take lagos away from him......
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by seborrhic: 1:39pm On Sep 30, 2018
Malawian:
Ambode should take his bigotry and leave quietly!! Do you know we paid 400k as land use charge this year for a 2 storey building. We even went to know if they will reduce it for us but no luck. meanwhile, the one storey building next to ours paid 50k, and the two storey building where i work paid 115k, both owned by Yorubas. Ambode targetted Igbos properties for exhorbitant taxation.

Igbo people are waiting for him at the polls. If APC likes, let them field him. We are coming for him.
So Ambode was going through the list of buildings and once he sees its owned by an Iboman,he would triple the charge? Even a child would not type this rubbish you did.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by sexyanyabubakar(f): 1:39pm On Sep 30, 2018
nzeobi:
ambode fight like a man if you you loose let your children and descendants be proud of you.
tinubu did not become lagos landlord by being timid and weak.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by dgee1(m): 1:40pm On Sep 30, 2018
RTSC:

Lagos is not my ancestral land .
My parents are not from there

Igbos go to their ancestral lands every Christmas, unlike you people.

You are calling others backward, while backwardness is the definition of your ancestral lands.

Why didn't you stay in your advanced ancestral land to do business then?

You go to other people's 'backward' lands to do business and make money while at the same time speak ill of their land and the people.

Your mind is messed up and your logic is faulty. I repeat you are a bush guy. The world has gone past this fashion of reasoning. Your kind of person us the type holding the country down.
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by Lyoncrescent: 1:42pm On Sep 30, 2018
Tinubu and his cronies picked ambode from no where. Ambode is a beneficiary of imposition. To be honest, we should all be fighting the imposition mentality. Amazing how ambode who benefited from imposition is now crying foul . The system that brought out the likes of Ambode and sanwaolu via imposition is what we should fight . If it was based solely on merits , ambode shouldn't have been the candidate for 2015. There's a reason he was fired by fashola as accountant general yet tinubu imposed him.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by Beedude(m): 1:42pm On Sep 30, 2018
nzeobi:
ambode fight like a man if you you loose let your children and descendants be proud of you.
tinubu did not become lagos landlord by being timid and weak.
What do u expect from someone who has always gut things on a platter of Gold. Ask people like Tinubu, Omisore and Obj what it takes to be strong and relevant politically. Its becos they hustle and were very diplomatic till they got to where they are today. Ambode was never a politician to start with but an administrator or manager.
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by sexyanyabubakar(f): 1:43pm On Sep 30, 2018
Rexnegro:

relatively to fashola government he failed bro...the pace fashola set should have been maintained instead he slowdown too slow..Lagos now is the most dirtiest state in Nigeria . our compound waste na burn we dey burn am o, since the vision scape only has showed once in my neighborhood. so many tinz done that got people angry sha

Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by OmoEpe(m): 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2018
haryorbarmie83:
I have the feelings that Ambo will disgrace Tinubu tomorrow.

All hail Joseph the dreamer reporting live from umahia

1 Like

Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 30, 2018
Smarttravels:
I am not a card carrying member of APC but I believe that Ambode failed Lagos in several ways. Sanitation is a big issue for Lagos residents, he messed up.a system that was working fairly well and brought in a system that has clearly failed. He demotivated Lasma officers and turned them to another "yellow fever", while bike drivers are getting away with floating of Lagos traffic laws. He increased levies on properties, yet he incapacitated the local government authorities in such a way that they can hardly make any impact in their communities. He rubbished the the person and good work of Fashola, although Fashola worked tirelessly for him to emerge as the governor of the state. He is an extremely petty human being. This is obvious from his neglect of project that were ongoing before he came on board.

The only places where he failed are in the areas of sanitation and property levies. He made Lagos a safer/saner place to drive for private motorists who had been victimised, extorted and endangered for decades by LASTMA, FRSC and VIO.

Fashola did not work for Ambode's election out of his own volition, he was coerced by the party elders and he reluctantly went along with their programme because he had so much to hide. Ambode clipped the wings of the LGAs because he knew those projects he took away from them were simply avenues via which the local government excos embezzle funds.

Admittedly the man is headstrong, he could have dealt with his poliical godfather in a more conciliatory manner, but nobody is perfect, we all have our personality flaws one way or the other.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 30, 2018
RTSC:

I remember when ambode was concentrating on the eko Atlantic project.

His news was making headlines everyday while he was being painted as the best governor in Nigeria.

This people just tire me. One man just hold una happiness like handkerchief he can squeeze and release depending on his mood. Na wa for afonjas
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by dmangodwin(m): 1:50pm On Sep 30, 2018
Malawian:

Big fat lie.
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by Cloud007: 1:50pm On Sep 30, 2018
Airforce01:
Ambode is been disgraced the same way he disgraced a man of God by throwing him and his family out of his residence because he didn't give his wife a preferential treatment during communion.

You can not fight God and win , Ambode .

You're gone .
his wife destroyed him. I remembered king Ahab and Jezebel.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by RTSC: 1:52pm On Sep 30, 2018
dgee1:

Why didn't you stay in your advanced ancestral land to do business then?

You go to other people's 'backward' lands to do business and make money while at the same time speak ill of their land and the people.

Your mind is messed up and your logic is faulty. I repeat you are a bush guy. The world has gone past this fashion of reasoning. Your kind of person us the type holding the country down.
You are an incorrigible illiterate.

You accuse others more sophisticated than you of backwardness as a blanket statement, and then turn around to play the "educated" card.
You no well.

There are yorubas everywhere I am. Busy selling rice and beans.
You don't see us holding it around your pathetic heads.
Go to port Harcourt. Yorubas are everywhere.

There are igbos in many places inside and outside Nigeria, just like the Chinese and Indians.

If you believe Lagos is special, then you are a very deluded.

You need a serious dose of education and less hypocrisy.
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by dgee1(m): 1:52pm On Sep 30, 2018
seborrhic:

So Ambode was going through the list of buildings and once he sees its owned by an Iboman,he would triple the charge? Even a child would not type this rubbish you did.

I am ashamed I am from the same country with this kind people, this is how they reason. This is why even when their brother is doing something that is pretty wrong they turn their eyes away because 'he is their brother'.
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by Gap2020(m): 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2018
REDshouse:
Ambode the "Never Walk Alone" governor who have little of no support...
How do you know is walking alone?Why don't ask your self, why are they shifting their primary election.
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by Neoteny(m): 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2018
I love it when our local champs call it "world" press conference

Like the rest of the world is invested in who gets to be what in our local politics

America is dealing with Trump, Kavanaugh, MeToo, Elon Musk

SouthEast Asia is dealing with the earthquake in Indonesia

China is worried about its tariff spat with the US

UK is facing a new brexit attempt

Russia is worried about its downed plane and the antics of Israel

Germany and France are worried about their place on the global stage in this new Trumpian nightmare of isolationism

Italy is gripping with refugee crises

Syria is still burning

The Koreas are nowhere near lasting peace and denuclearization of the North

Iran is becoming more belligerent, disturbing the sleep of Israel and Sunni Arab countries

...meanwhile Ambode is holding a "world" press conference.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by SEGAD: 1:54pm On Sep 30, 2018
Nukilia:

Did he fail the people of Lagos? Why do we put party intereost ahead of National interest?
Yes, he fail us sir
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by dgee1(m): 1:58pm On Sep 30, 2018
RTSC:

You are an incorrigible illiterate.

You accuse others more sophisticated than you of backwardness as a blanket statement, and then turn around to play the "educated" card.
You no well.

There are yorubas everywhere I am. Busy selling rice and beans.
You don't see us holding it around your pathetic heads.
Go to port Harcourt. Yorubas are everywhere.

There are igbos in many places inside and outside Nigeria, just like the Chinese and Indians.

If you believe Lagos is special, then you are a very deluded.

You need a serious dose of education and less hypocrisy.

Spoken like a true bush man!

The day you see other Nigerians as brothers and sisters is the day of your liberation. We are first humans before we are Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo.
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by masseratti: 2:00pm On Sep 30, 2018
picoba:
The truth need to be told. Most accountant can't survive Nigeria politics. It is quite unfortunate Ambode is a victim. All he needs to do is to forget the race and accept what part want. God knows the reason.
This man they are bring will be the worst governor Lagos will ever produced. Mark my signature.
but Tinubu is also an accountant
Re: Ambode Addresses A World Press Conference At 2pm by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 2:00pm On Sep 30, 2018
LUGBE:
He is paying for his sins and that of his wife, that man of God that they disgraced and embarrassed him and his family by throwing him and his properties without notice.

They should go and apologize, if not. Ambode and his family will pay dearly for it.

This is the beginning.

Please who is this man of God that was thrown out of his house?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"We Hid In The Bush", Witness Speaks On Attack On Buhari’s Convoy / APC Primary: More Governors Pitch Tent With Osinbajo / APC Senator-elect, Shehu Sani, Cautions Buhari On ‘first Lady’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.