Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously (30108 Views)

Two Cats 'Mysteriously Disappear' In Front Of Traders' Shop (Video) / Teleportation: Babalawo Orisha Disappeared & Vanished Live On Camera [video] / You Have Nothing to Show For 2 Years - Kaduna Catholic Bishops Blast Buhari, APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by tabithababy(f): 10:34pm On Oct 05, 2018
lolaluv1:
Mysteriously disappeared my foot.
Look it is either your husband or someone connected to him that took those documents (a girlfriend or an in-law).

Exactly cheesy

Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by kunlesmiles(m): 10:36pm On Oct 05, 2018
Fitbillionairep:

BOBO there is nothing to be tankful for. the god should give her her credentials. that is what she want. why are naija christians so stupid na.
christians i meet outside nigeria dont act dumb like this
lol,your opinion
Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by lazymoney: 10:36pm On Oct 05, 2018
izzou:
Life is too short for sleepless nights

When one door closes, another one is definitely open

Stop bothering yourself about something that God has already taken care of. There's obviously something God is showing you that you need to see

What is this one saying? Which door close and which door open? Did you even read what she said?

Mtchewwww
Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by eyinjuege: 10:39pm On Oct 05, 2018
Was your husband in support of your 2 week visit to your family, where you claimed to have gone for prayers?
Who came to your home while you were away?
It's obvious your husband is connected to the missing documents.
I'm not saying this to cause problems in your home, but you left him alone with your documents. Go and ask people to beg him to release your documents.

Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by Adisaowalla: 10:41pm On Oct 05, 2018
drdanny:

Your husband is your Pamela... He wasn't comfortable with you doing your masters and didn't have the balls to tell you...

They're safe and will resurface the moment he has the balls to get over himself

Haba!!

Home Destroyer!

smh

Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by dominique(f): 10:42pm On Oct 05, 2018
I've said it before and I will say it again. Religion has really made our people mentally lazy, they can't even suggest meaningful practical solutions. Will fasting and prayers make the missing credentials re-appear back to her? I don't gerrit.

TheNaijanBlog:
I don’t understand? How is this an issue? I have lost all my credentials before plus births certificate, passport , school etc.

I got ALL back by going to the respective institutions that issued the certificates, as long as I actually attended and they have my records. You paid tuition so your records and certificates are YOURS!! The only thing is you might pay extra or jump through hoops but you are entitled to them.

OP you should be wary of your husband that kind of selective stealing can only be achieved by an insider. Forget all these fasting and prayer talk, go to the schools and request for a replacement!

Thank you o. I had to get to page 3 before I could get the best response. My friends brother lost every single original copy of his credentials when his luggage got stolen on a trip. He immediately started reprocessing everything, from WAEC, to Bsc, to NYSC and birth certificate. It was frustrating, took time, cost money but he got everything back before he left the country some years back.

@op
I'm not saying you should not pray o. But the kind of prayer you should be praying should be curse like prayer eg "Whoever took my certificates will not see the end of this year, peace will elude him/her" etc. Pray it loudly for everybody around you to hear. The certificate will find it's way back shaperly.

Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 05, 2018
ikechizoba:
l kept a file containing all my credentials ( waec result,degree cert, nysc cert and 2 letters of recommendation from the companies l worked with),and 2 other files containing that of my husband and son's documents,in a safe place,l am always careful with things like that.

Two years ago, around August, l visited my parents in another state for a family prayer,l spent two weeks there and came back ,to discover that the file containing my credentials has disappeared, my husband and son's file were still there,it was as if someone took out my own and left the others.

I and my husband have searched everywhere,yet nothing. It hasn't been easy for me,the thought of loosing all l worked for,for years is heart breaking, l have prayed ,fasted, yet nothing. l don't know the mystery behind this,if only God can tell me,l will be happy.

l planned doing my masters,but l have given up since my original result is missing. This problem has been eating away my happiness, my spiritual life is zero because l am tired of praying and l have lost faith,l have lost Gods mercy as well.

Many times l am tempted to seek help from native spiritualist to find it for me,but my spirit rejects it,please what do l do??

l have already swore an affidavit to back up my claims but it was rejected the last time l went for an interview.

Silly country, when a simple record keeping could have solved this problem. It's not as if you never went to the institutions you mentioned.
Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by idu1(m): 10:44pm On Oct 05, 2018
ikechizoba:
l kept a file containing all my credentials ( waec result,degree cert, nysc cert and 2 letters of recommendation from the companies l worked with),and 2 other files containing that of my husband and son's documents,in a safe place,l am always careful with things like that.

Two years ago, around August, l visited my parents in another state for a family prayer,l spent two weeks there and came back ,to discover that the file containing my credentials has disappeared, my husband and son's file were still there,it was as if someone took out my own and left the others.

I and my husband have searched everywhere,yet nothing. It hasn't been easy for me,the thought of loosing all l worked for,for years is heart breaking, l have prayed ,fasted, yet nothing. l don't know the mystery behind this,if only God can tell me,l will be happy.

l planned doing my masters,but l have given up since my original result is missing. This problem has been eating away my happiness, my spiritual life is zero because l am tired of praying and l have lost faith,l have lost Gods mercy as well.

Many times l am tempted to seek help from native spiritualist to find it for me,but my spirit rejects it,please what do l do??

l have already swore an affidavit to back up my claims but it was rejected the last time l went for an interview.

From your writeup. You have not make contact with any of the institutions to get another copy. You dey say na witch undecided continue praying let see the outcome.

Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by barristerzinny(f): 10:45pm On Oct 05, 2018
vaxx:
it isn't a spiritual problem per se.

Nigeria unneccasry heirachy and immature system make it seems difficult. Alll these credentials you lost can be replaced in a civil society by applying a very easy process.. It shouldn't be what you should worried about.....

You can consult the service of a lawyer. Most lawyer offer a free consultation . so don't bother about the cash. And in this kind of case. You only need some kinds of guidelines and procedures to follow. It should simply be free. At worst a token if you must pay.

In this kind of case, lawyers are the best individual to consult not pastor or native doctor.....unless the pastor or native doctor is a lawyer. There is definitely a way out.
please lawyers don't offer free consultation. There is always a price for legal advice.
Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by kidaby: 10:45pm On Oct 05, 2018
ikechizoba:

He isn't the one,as for the affidavits,l did that last year but it was rejected in the last job interview l went for,l am just tired

Do you have scanned copies of your certificates ?
Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 05, 2018
ikechizoba:

I can imagine your plight. I believe certificates can be replaced, just that the process might be rigorous and time taking, try re-establishing contact with waec, the schools you attended, etc. and ascertain what it will take for you to replace your credentials or at least get evidence in lieu, in cases where a replacement is impossible, don't lose faith in God,

Plus, I don't believe your creds disappeared mysteriously, someone took them away from where you kept them, I don't know the situation of things in your home, so I'm in no position to say whom...try to recollect and piece the puzzle, but if you can't find them, they can be replaced, work towards that.

Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by sniperr007(m): 10:47pm On Oct 05, 2018
ikechizoba:

Did Ur husband follow u for the prayers
If not, ask Ur husband regards Ur certificate.
Things don't grow leg and walk away.

Also. U can retrieve all these documents or CTC.
No need to be unhappy.

Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by ndukaejime1994(m): 10:50pm On Oct 05, 2018
Your husband wants you as a house wife.. Ask him for the file

Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by barristerzinny(f): 10:51pm On Oct 05, 2018
ikechizoba:

I think someone is hiding it from you, search well again. Meantime, apply for the certificates again. Also obtain a police report and don't worry, God will bring them back to you.

Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by LegalOpinion: 10:53pm On Oct 05, 2018
vaxx:

Those credentials are your property (Okay, they are the property of your school and government(Nycs) which issued them, but to all intents and purposes they are your property) I am not a lawyer but from my limited exposure to issues regarding to similar condition like this., my personal opinion is as follows (bear in mind, i am not a lawyer ) .

The refusal to honour those affidavits by any organization with you may constitute breached of right

My advice is for you to consult a lawyer, explain the situation to tjim/her And ask what is the best option possible in regard to retrieving your lost credentials as far as Nigeria immature system is concern. Lawyers are in the best position in explaining that.

Your effort in trying to assist this fellow is quite commendable.

However, let me quickly correct an impression you seem to hold.

Potential employers are NOT supposed to accept affidavit in place of original or photocopy of a candidate's credentials.

The above notwithstanding, if you lost your original credentials, you can SUPPORT the photocopy with the affidavit and it should be accepted anywhere.

Most importantly, your advice was valuable because you seem to have provided a clear lead on what she can do.

All her credentials are with the issuing authorities and she can get them back upon request. Even WAEC will reprint her certificate in less than one month.

Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 05, 2018
mrjaydee:
Ha! I can't even begin to imagine what you must have been going thru. The country is gigantically fuvked! For you to recover those documents might take eternity. All I can say is for you to learn a trade or do business.

P.S your village people ticket dey enter..go and apologize to them.
Wetin village people do again?
Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 05, 2018
kidaby:

Do you have scanned copies of your certificates ?
Yes l do
Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 05, 2018
LegalOpinion:

Your effort in trying to assist this fellow is quite commendable.

However, let me quickly correct an impression you seem to hold.

Potential employers are NOT supposed to accept affidavit in place of original or photocopy of a candidate's credentials.

The above notwithstanding, if you lost your original credentials, you can SUPPORT the photocopy with the affidavit and it should be accepted anywhere.

Most importantly, your advice was valuable because you seem to have provided a clear lead on what she can do.

All her credentials are with the issuing authorities and she can get them back upon request. Even WAEC will reprint her certificate in less than one month.

I will do just that,the main problem is my nysc cert,what procedures do l take?
Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 05, 2018
integritylady:
Have you asked your husband very well

We all watch movies
Who knows if he sees you as someone who has more potentials than him and he decided to punish you

Go to court and do some affidavits to get you going till you get your documents back
Thank God you know we all watch movies.

I would suggest the woman take her whole nuclear family for a deliverance,,, who knows maybe any of them is suffering from familiar spirit issuestongue

To think the child is a male makes it seem weirdangry
Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 05, 2018
dannywest:
Who had access to the documents
j Just me alone,that's why l am confused.
Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by Celsony: 11:02pm On Oct 05, 2018
Next time, or when God help u recover your certificates, scan all of them and upload them to your gmail account, that way even if u misplace them, u will be able to print them again and attach affidavit to it. For your information and those that don't know, you can attach/upload 15GB or more worth of documents or other thing to your gmail account via google drive.

Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 05, 2018
madridsta007:

For your degree result, can't your school give you the certified copy? Or issue a new one to you? I'm so sorry to hear this.
school aside,what about nysc?
Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 05, 2018
madridsta007:

For your degree result, can't your school give you the certified copy? Or issue a new one to you? I'm so sorry to hear this.
school aside,what about nysc?
Compliant:
check if you can get a clear photocopy of all such document, then take the photocopies to a good computer centre and tell them you need to make a coloured copy on a hard paper, the hard paper is around 300naira and you get almost the same thing as what you lost. the good side of it is that it is not illegal, even universities will accept it for masters screening exercise and you can use also for any job interview

thank me later
The best response so far
Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 05, 2018
blackgold2018:
R u really serious on the house spirits taking stuffs?

They don't exactly get in my way, so I don't really bother, just mischievous stuff, you will keep something in the sitting room, you won't find it, no matter how much you search, after a few days it will just appear in the bedroom close to ur laptop(which was the only thing kept thier the previous night). it's really interesting though, cause it's unscientific & enjoyable.

P.S I live alone, though the house ain't mine

Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 05, 2018
Compliant:
check if you can get a clear photocopy of all such document, then take the photocopies to a good computer centre and tell them you need to make a coloured copy on a hard paper, the hard paper is around 300naira and you get almost the same thing as what you lost. the good side of it is that it is not illegal, even universities will accept it for masters screening exercise and you can use also for any job interview

thank me later
Wow. l will try this,thank you so much
Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by LegalOpinion: 11:08pm On Oct 05, 2018
ikechizoba:

Sorry about this experience.

However, this situation is not as bad as you think. You simply didn't know what steps to take.

First, I will like to ask, DO YOU HAVE THE PHOTOCOPIES?

It's still not impossible to get new copies but having the photocopies will make it faster for you because it will give you all the exam, reference and serial numbers needed for easy tracking.

Now here are the steps viz;

1. Get a sworn affidavit for each certificate separately and remember to quote the relevant reference numbers.

2. Write an application for re-issuance of the different certificates attached with the affidavit and send to the concerned authorities.

3. Make sure your applications are received and the acknowledgment copy stamped.

4. Ask and be sure you are told when to check for feedback.

The above should be enough to end the processes and you get your certificates but in the event of any difficulty, quote me on this post and we can go a step further.

Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by Parablesonmarble: 11:10pm On Oct 05, 2018
I've been there before and I can relate to your pain and your confusion. It is a purely spiritual thing and it has to do with people that perceive your progress a threat. I can assure that you talked too much and told the wrong persons very personal information about your progress and your aspirations.
Well, I saw mine exactly two year to the day it got missing at the exact place I kept it. I was really baffled because I searched that same place like a million times when it got missing. It was so bad that when I went back to my secondary school for my testimonial, I discovered that my file in school archive was missing and when I got to Exams and Records in OAU, my file was also missing there. They had to go check JAMB master list to confirm I was admitted and I should have some records. The funny part is that my pastor told me the credentials have been spiritual soiled and though I have them back, I may not do anything meaningful with them again and that came to pass. You can believe me if you like but all I'm writing here are gospel truth.
Well I started all over again, a step at a time but with serious spiritual fortifications this time. I also learned to shut my mouth tight. I trust no one and I only say absolutely necessary things about me to people. My advice to you is that desperate times calls for desperate measures. You need help spiritually, so go seek it anyway you deem fit without compromising your moral values. I wish best of luck.

Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 05, 2018
joey150:
I don't understand how you are not more perturbed by the possibility that someone INTENTIONALLY stole your certificates.

Do you live with just your husband?

Who else knows where you keep your certificates?

Who else visited your home during your 2 weeks absence?

I mean, you lost ALL your credentials and you didn't make enough effort to even find out how they all went missing to begin with?

The story doesn't add up. Certificates don't just disappear. Go and find out who took yours.

Stop involving God in every little thing. It's been 2 years and you've been fasting? Thinking the heavens will Miraculously reprint your lost certificates?

Please, go and find out how your certificates went missing. If you live with just your husband and your son, I suggest you have a serious talk with your husband.

Do you know whether she had asked her husband and family members before coming here to post it?
Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by TheeDetective: 11:12pm On Oct 05, 2018
What is proving so difficult for you to go and contact these institutions and get a true certified copy of all the documents that are missing? undecided What exactly is the problem here as I don’t see one. It might take you a bit of time and probably you might have to spend some money for them to be re-issued. Going back to these institutions to get a certified copy should have been your number one call.

On a different note, if it is only you and your husband that live in your house then go back and ask him again where your documents are as documents don’t suddenly develop legs to walk out of the house and suddenly go missing.

Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by mechanics(m): 11:12pm On Oct 05, 2018
izzou:
Life is too short for sleepless nights

When one door closes, another one is definitely open

Stop bothering yourself about something that God has already taken care of. There's obviously something God is showing you that you need to see
Nice advice bro.
Re: It Has Been 2 Years Since My Credentials Disappeared Mysteriously by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 05, 2018
Adetaiwoo:

Effects of too much Nigerian movie.
It happens in real life situation. Those movies we watch on nollywood are real

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

There Is Someone In The Bible Who Was So Dark He Was Called Nigger / 10 Amazing Reasons Why You Must Never Miss Heaven. / Pastor Adeboye: Happy Birthday To My Sweet Baby

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90