Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,098 members, 7,852,723 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:03 AM

What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? (4821 Views)

Saharareporters Fixation On Sen Bukola Saraki / @saharareporters Fixation On @bukolasaraki Shows Clearly This Has Gone Beyon / Saharareporters Fixation On @bukolasaraki Shows Clearly This Has Gone Beyond Of (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by bkbabe90(m): 5:05pm On Jul 12, 2010
tpiah:

nairaland is very much a reflection of what obtains in real life because as i've stated before, i'm meeting people who straight out echo some of the dumb attitudes i'm reading here.

Regardless of tribe o.

that's why i keep querying the visa officials who are throwing out visas like confetti.

Spot on! As always, ur opinion is always on the mark!
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by paddylo1(m): 5:06pm On Jul 12, 2010
Lol, you're just mad cuz you cant tap that  

If I show you a "typical" yoruba woman, you go proclaim your loff for us immediately.

chei na true o. . lol. . i am addicted to that phat a.s.s that yoruba chicks all seem to have. . . grin
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 12, 2010
Anywaz,
Ikengawo:

When im around real nigerians, the issue almost NEVER comes up
i just got back from the nigerian reunion in NY. HUGE event, all tribes represented in one form or another and nobody cared.

there was no particular unity of igbos seperate from groups of yorubas hausas and so forth. yorubas came with their igbo and kanuri friends, fulanis came with their edo and kalabari friends

it was just people having a good time and enjoying nigeria and being nigerians together.

when im in nigeria i don't see any ethnic tension either. everyone is just doing their thing and trying to survive.

but when i log on here it's as if there's a civil war in nigeria. EVERYTHINg on here is about tribe.

i think it's cause the people that frequent this site are nerds. they have little else to feel important or proud of so they create worlds in their head where igbos and yorubas have beef with each other.

even if you look at the documentary Welcome To Lagos, everyone is just struggling and hustling together, trying to reach the same goals, yorubas aren't aiming for anything hausas aren't.

the few times i've seen nigerians discuss tribe its been
1. jokingly bringing up stereotypes
2. to figure out what language to speak to someone
3. to know what state or city someone you just met is from

i've never heard
"are you yoruba"
"yes"
"then bleep you"  or anything close.

this site has nothing to do with nigeria and i think 80% of you are from Ghana.

1. Why do you and your ppl continue to deny that the tension is only on NL?

2. Why do you indulge in tribalism on NL? Are you that jobless?

3. No, sweetie, that's not grown up. I believe a grown up can maturely deal with sitautions and curiousities, maturly bring his points upfront to his viewers and listeners.

4. Are you assuming the role of a mature tribalist?  

bk/babe90:

Well, why are u guys chastising the poster? He says he sees the errors of his ways, why cant you give him the benefit of doubt and see if he's really sincere? Oh, u guys love the (un)usual tribal tension that goes on here?

When did he suggest that he sees the errors of his ways?

A tiger cannot change its pattern.
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by Ikengawo: 5:07pm On Jul 12, 2010
@Ileke idi

The OP has already said he was sorry for making such statements in the past

I can assure u that if u met ikengawo in real life,he would be more interested in scoring with u(if u are pretty o),than wondering what tribe u are from
and how to insult u. . . .

Its like that for 90% of Nigerians in real life. . .

I know because i have lived in naija most of my life
went to primary,secondary and university there
AHAHAhaAH!
EXACTLY! nigerians don't give a damn!

when it comes down it. At the reunion i didn't even bother with igbo girls and im igbo cause they were all being stuck up LOL, but if a fine igbo girl and and fine hausa girl where both trying to get on im not gonna dismiss one because of 'origins' i just like fine women in general LOL.

thats how everyone was there, nigerians are concerned with everyday things and see each other as everyday people, a girl is a girl a boy is a boy, tribe makes little difference. i spent more time with an Edo girl then with any igbo girl there, her origins didn't matter, she was cute as hell lol.
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by bkbabe90(m): 5:09pm On Jul 12, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

A tiger cannot change its pattern.

Not true, hun! Anyone can get reformed!
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 12, 2010
paddy_lo:

@Ileke idi

The OP has already said he was sorry for making such statements in the past

I can assure u that if u met ikengawo in real life,he would be more interested in scoring with u(if u are pretty o),than wondering what tribe u are from
and how to insult u. . . .

Its like that for 90% of Nigerians in real life. . .

I know because i have lived in naija most of my life
went to primary,secondary and university there

If he has, then I apologize. I am going to admit that I read only the topic and his first contents.

Mehn, but NL surprise me sha. Na only on NL I know tribalism exists. I was shocked when I first came to politics. The only ppl that Nigerians hate are "akata" and "oyinbo" grin

paddy_lo:

chei na true o. . lol. . i am addicted to that phat a.s.s that yoruba chicks all seem to have. . . grin

Anywaz, I cant take credit for that "phat" azz in my profile that you want to tap.  grin
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 12, 2010
bk/babe90:

Not true, hun! Anyone can get reformed!
Can you get reformed? I think that's impossible.
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On Jul 12, 2010
Ikengawo:

AHAHAhaAH!

when it comes down it. At the reunion i didn't even bother with igbo girls and im igbo cause they were all being stuck up LOL, but if a fine igbo girl and and fine hausa girl where both trying to get on im not gonna dismiss one because of 'origins' i just like fine women in general LOL.
ROFLMAO!!! So you expect people who have come to know you over the past couple of years you have been here on nairaland to believe that all the TRIBALISTIC yammering you have offered up so far does not come from who you are for real??
ROFLMAO!!!

I am not even into TRIBALISTIC nonsense and I find that EXTREMELY IMPLAUSIBLE CRAP!!

Ikengawo:

thats how everyone was there, nigerians are concerned with everyday things and see each other as everyday people, a girl is a girl a boy is a boy, tribe makes little difference. i spent more time with an Edo girl then with any igbo girl there, her origins didn't matter, she was cute as hell lol.
Dating people from other tribes does not mean  you are not a racist!
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by paddylo1(m): 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2010
Mehn, but NL surprise me sha. Na only on NL I know tribalism exists. I was shocked when I first came to politics. The only ppl that Nigerians hate are[b] "akata"[/b] and "oyinbo
True talk lol. . .

Anywaz, I cant take credit for that "phat" azz in my profile that you want to tap. 
Chei. . na die i dey. . shey na fake Jlo bubble butt,abi na wetin . . . .

I go buy u aeroplane if u promise not to loose that a.s.s. . . .
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 12, 2010
i'd never even heard of tribalism until i joined nairaland
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 12, 2010
Ikengawo:

AHAHAhaAH!

Ikengawo,

All these wetin u dey talk does not mean you're not a triblist.

Anywaz, we shall see. Your true color will show in your future posts anywayz.
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 12, 2010
paddy_lo:

True talk lol. . .
Chei. . na die i dey. . shey na fake Jlo bubble butt,abi na wetin . . . .

I go buy u aeroplane if u promise not to loose that a.s.s. . . .

Hehe grin

LOL No be aeroplane I want. Let's try my own private Jet. tongue
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by MrFire: 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2010
Should confirmed tribalists and haters like bk/babe90 also contribute anything here?
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by bkbabe90(m): 5:21pm On Jul 12, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Can you get reformed? I think that's impossible.

Are u asking about ME?!?! Um, U best pump your brakes and sheath your damn sword! Dont make this about me and my views or comments lest we turn this into a battleground and derail this damn thread! Me, as u know, am always itching for a fight! We are talking about the poster's comments. U've tried to goad him into a fight, he has resisted, now u seem to be trying to pull on my tail. Back off, baby! Did I tell u I felt like reforming anything? I treat people the way they treat me, which is exactly how I think/know they "deserve" to be treated. So, please, dont prescribe any medicine for any perceived illness u might think I'm suffering from. Instead, go do a check-up on urself so as to find out wuteva maladies u might not even know u r afflicted with! Thanx in advance for your co-operation. kiss
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by bkbabe90(m): 5:22pm On Jul 12, 2010
Mr Fire:

Should confirmed tribalists and haters like bk/babe90 also contribute anything here?

U see my last post to Mrs Ezeuche's stalker? I think u best heed it too!
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by Kobojunkie: 5:23pm On Jul 12, 2010
ibkaye:

i'd never even heard of tribalism until i joined nairaland

Well, that you did not have a word for it does not mean it is only limited to Nairaland. Right off the top of my head, I can say that IBB used it to his advantage back during the 80's and 90's. And the people who made it possible for him were Nigerians like you and I, not on Nairaland, but mostly living in Nigeria. The Civil war was made possible by what? Tribalistic passions. So, that the word itself was alien to you before you hit Nairaland does not mean it does not exist outside of this domain
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by paddylo1(m): 5:24pm On Jul 12, 2010
Hehe

LOL No be aeroplane I want. Let's try my own private Jet.

ok no wahala. . my name na elibe agu agu(Once u start to eat,it doesnt finish) 1 of igbo land

Private jet na small matter. . .our first date na for int space station we go do am. . ha ha
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Well, that you did not have a word for it does not mean it is only limited to Nairaland. Right off the top of my head, I can say that IBB used it to his advantage back during the 80's and 90's. And the people who made it possible for him were Nigerians like you and I, not on Nairaland, but mostly living in Nigeria. The Civil war was made possible by what? Tribalistic passions. So, that the word itself was alien to you before you hit Nairaland does not mean it does not exist outside of this domain
I'm not saying it did not exist outside of this domain, I was referring to my own personal experiences, I myself had never come across anything to do with tribalism
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2010
paddy_lo:

ok no wahala. . my name na elibe agu agu(Once u start to eat,it doesnt finish) 1 of igbo land

Private jet na small matter. . .our first date na for int space station we go do am. . ha ha

LOL grin

Then they complain abt Nigerian women golddigging

@bk/babe09
Na me dey make the mistake by not ignoring you [b]as usua[/b]l. I asked a simple question and you're already jittery.
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by Katsumoto: 5:28pm On Jul 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Dating people from other tribes does not mean  you are not a racist!

True that; racism didn't stop plantation owners during the slavery era from sleeping with their slaves nor did it stop the Africaners in SA from sleeping with Africans. Erections are not racist; excuse the pun.
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by Beaf: 5:30pm On Jul 12, 2010
If tribalism only exists on NL. I wonder what to call the killing of women and babies in Jos? Friendship? shocked
The simple truth of the matter is that, since the web is an anonymous place, a lot of people loose their inhibitions and tell it to your face.

We can deny reality all we want, but facts like Jos, stare us right in the eye.
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by MrFire: 5:31pm On Jul 12, 2010
bk/babe90:

U see my last post to Mrs Ezeuche's stalker? I think u best heed it too!

You are a blatant empty barrel, hence you make the most noise.
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by Kobojunkie: 5:31pm On Jul 12, 2010
ibkaye:

I'm not saying it did not exist outside of this domain, I was referring to my own personal experiences, I myself had never come across anything to do with tribalism

You must have lived a sheltered life or something dude!! or you are good at ignoring things as these!
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by MrFire: 5:32pm On Jul 12, 2010
Nigerian foundation was built on tribalism, so harping on tribalism on NL (Nigerian) is like being repetitive.
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 12, 2010
Beaf:

If tribalism only exists on NL. I wonder what to call the killing of women and babies in Jos? Friendship? shocked
The simple truth of the matter is that, since the web is an anonymous place, a lot of people loose their inhibitions and tell it to your face.
Wasnt religion a major role in that?

Werent Hausas killing ppl they assumed were Christians? undecided

Katsumoto:

True that; racism didn't stop plantation owners during the slavery era from sleeping with their slaves nor did it stop the Africaners in SA from sleeping with Africans. Erections are not racist; excuse the pun.
grin
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by bkbabe90(m): 5:34pm On Jul 12, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

LOL grin

Then they complain abt Nigerian women golddigging

@bk/babe09
Na me dey make the mistake by not ignoring you [b]as usua[/b]l. I asked a simple question and you're already jittery.

No, ho, u didnt ask a "simple question", u sent a subliminal diss at me! Ure fond of doing that: Insulting people stylishly! Verbal gymnastics: your fucxking forte! then u turn around and try to seem all innocent! Scroll back up: Poster apologizes for previous outbursts! U condemn him as a fake! I suggest he might be sincere in his attempts to be a reformed man. U subliminally label me a tribalist by asking if I could get reformed myself! See, where the problem arises from? Good!

Talking about not ignoring me "as usual". Go back to previous confrontations between us; do I come out of the blues to attack u, or do I just vaporize u becus u attacked me first? U cant remember? Ok, like I said, go back to our previous posts! Same thing just as ure doing now! Like I said, lets rejoice that a man has seen the wrong in his ways, and lets not turn this into a free for all!
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You must have lived a sheltered life or something dude!! or you are good at ignoring things as these!
Lol can't ignore something that isn't there (i'll add in terms of my personal experiences, of course)
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 12, 2010
Anywaz. . . .
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by ezeagu(m): 5:38pm On Jul 12, 2010
Beaf:

If tribalism only exists on NL. I wonder what to call the killing of women and babies in Jos? Friendship?

I'm just reading all this nonsense and wandering whether these people are Nigerian or Nigerien and have mistaken this for a Niger forum. As someone said, when they were posting their own 'tribalism' were they from Ghana or were they geeks? Just weeks ago a Fulani and Yoruba fight took place in Lagos, were those people Nairaland users?
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by bkbabe90(m): 5:39pm On Jul 12, 2010
Mr Fire:

You are a blatant empty barrel, hence you make the most noise.

Seeing where your going with this, I'll elect to ignore u for as long as possible. I just hope the rest NLers are watching and noticing that u, along with one other whom I choose not to mention, are the ones attacking me. Becus, when I decide to attack not only u, but your whole community (including your revered bearded hero) I hope noone will be quick to label me a hater of your tribes men. Keep forcing your whole arm down my throat. . . . .
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by Beaf: 5:40pm On Jul 12, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Wasnt religion a major role in that?

Werent Hausas killing ppl they assumed were Christians? undecided

You will find that, it is migrant Fulani's fighting for political rights in Jos and Jos indegenes accusing the Fulani of trying to lord it over them in their own homes. Pure tribalism on both sides.
Re: What Is Nairaland's Fixation On Tribe? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 12, 2010
Beaf:

You will find that, it is migrant Fulani's fighting for political rights in Jos and Jos indegenes accusing the Fulani of trying to lord it over them in their own homes. Pure tribalism on both sides.
hmmm I see.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Rules Out Sovereign National Conference / 5 Reasons Why Arewa Republic Will Fail / Vote Wisely, Your Vote Your Right.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.