Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate (60619 Views)

Osinbajo Vs Obi: Fayose Reacts To Outcome Of Vice-presidential Debate / Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions / 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by Humility017(m): 8:43pm On Oct 15, 2018
okworekene:

Instead of advocating and voting for solutions to dis present hardship of the average Nigerian, you guys have turn dis forum to war of tribes... Its a shame.. our education is becoming useless
I tell you bro...so irritating.
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by IsraelSongz: 8:44pm On Oct 15, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

Why Obi as President and Osinbajo as vice, why not vice versa?

You can't even hide your nepotism. It seems you igbos are oblivious of how you are viewed by other Nigerians.

We should make a man with zero experience in governance the President and another with an excellent profile, vice? Do People even think before typing lord?!

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by Antivirus92(m): 8:52pm On Oct 15, 2018
jagorinho:

igbos are only good in buisness, after that they are too emotional, and you know emotions and logic are enemies , an average igbo man is not tactical, and can be easily swayed irrespective of educational background.
the way the emotionless yorubas have been swayed by tinubu their jagaban...

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by Vickean04(m): 8:54pm On Oct 15, 2018
No matter who come to be in 2019, let's put our trust in God, Atiku or Buhari can't perform any miracle to turn things around. So,let's God guide us to a better Nigeria.God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by samuelchimmy(m): 8:55pm On Oct 15, 2018
bender79:
You are so funny to say that obi is more eloquent than osinbajo. Pls, don't let ethnicity becloud you.
you are the one who is insecure, guy just said his mind, and you justcame out from no where to fry beans about enthinici kini Kor.....
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by emmangrace: 8:55pm On Oct 15, 2018
Nels55:
I love Osibanjo but he is sheep among wolves and to be honest he doesn't understand macro economies , he is a man of law .. He cant match with peter obi that has been a business man all his life and has gone to the best management schools in the world with 12 years of public policy..
Business man is good by time himself and his boss begin to transact business with your life and your unborn generations your eyes will become clear
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by Ategberoson(m): 8:55pm On Oct 15, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
lol...lie on tribe because i dey fear u?? Smh..I will show u my father's house and family house but i doubt if u were not conceived en route sagamu to lagos via night bus..

I only said it because i know too many empty skulls here resort to tribalism to avoid civil conversations..

Abeg lets rest it here...Gonna get busy with reality now..

shut up jawe je ki gboran
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by jjsignature(m): 9:01pm On Oct 15, 2018
Can Atiku And Obi Fix The Problem Of Nigeria In 4 Years
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 15, 2018
Yanmiris never learn.... No be by the size of head we dey take know who sabi book pass... You should be pitting Obi against Fayose, their head tends to look alike...
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by Gangster1ms: 9:17pm On Oct 15, 2018
Mrblaster:
if not that your brain is seriously paining you, so in your deluded state of mind you expect Yoruba to grant you your biafra abi? When has Yoruba become the deciding factor to self determination? If you still think Atiku and obi will win come 2019 in spite of the name callings your tribe dished on Yoruba and hausa tribes, you're just dreaming for nothing. The latest news is that obi won't smell that post let alone Atiku winning. If not for anything, then it's for a payback from the other 2 major tribes towards you. We aren't stupid. You don't expect us to support your ass while you've called us different names. A biafran should be ashamed vying to rule a "zoo".

I don't see any sensible justification in this statement but pure hatred. So it's only name calling that is making convulse like this? If we then have power what will then happen? War? The true reason for you folks behaviour is envy, accept or not it's the fact!
When south east is favouring you lots it's still your type that will come out and say igbos are not Igbos. If you are not ready to accept igbos to rule the country then support them in their quest to achieve biafra rather than being happy seeing them being marginalised out of sheer animosity. They want biafra u won't allow, they want to rule u won't still allow. Na God go eventually deal with una descendants. Heavy curse that can't be broken awaits tribes that want to suppress another. It's only a matter of time.

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 15, 2018
48noble:
like for Obi and share for Osinbajo
There are very few people alive one can compare to Peter Obi world over When GEJ was in power he almost reverenced Obi
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by gabbasin: 9:22pm On Oct 15, 2018
bender79:
You are so funny to say that obi is more eloquent than osinbajo. Pls, don't let ethnicity becloud you.
ethnicity will always becloud our judgements because it is a tool being used to divide us and we always fall for it, we can't be objective enough because tribalism is our opium, now we hardly bash the 'foolanis' and Nigeria is no more a zoo, because Fulani votes are needed now and the prince from the east is may likely be second in line to the throne
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by mannyiyke: 9:27pm On Oct 15, 2018
wristbangle:
Both are intellectually sound and technocrats. Peter Obi's records speaks for him as one of those who liberated and made Anambra rose on the path of success today.

Osinbajo has been the most hardworking and if not the best VP in the history of Nigeria just that it's unfortunate he is under the canopy of a non performing head. He demonstrated his strength when "Olori egbe" was on indefinite sick leave hence fixing the economy to what it is now. His hands are tied by wicked cabals but still manages to stay at bay with them and seldom provide relief to the citizens. Also, he has demonstrated to be the a de-tribalised person.

If both should go hand to hand, honestly Osinbajo will defeat him hands down. Osinbajo at the moment is more welcomed and recognised.

Speaking of their heads (PMB/Atiku), it's 50:50 chance
Stop that nonsense. Osinbajo is not a technocrat. He's just a law prof. Peter Obi is a technocrat. He was a Managing Director of Fidelity Bank. He has held many board appointments. He's practical! Osinbajo may be more eloquent than Peter Obi, but Peter Obi will surely floor him with his sound knowledge of the economy, and what must be done to liberate this country from abject poverty. Peter Obi belongs to the group of Akinwumi Adesina, Okonjo-Iweala, Kingsley Moghalu, Soludo, the current Emir of Kano, etc. Let's be truthful for once.

My prayer is that he doesn't tarnish his hard-earned image and reputation by supporting Atiku. I know how greedy politicians behave. They'll make a good man look bad, and in that process, your reputation can't be regained again. Look at Itse Sagay, a once respected legal luminary, Osinbajo himself, and even Keyamo. These were once respected, but today, the respect they enjoyed before seems to be waning. As for me, Obi should quit politics so as not to tarnish his reputation. He has done his best in Anambra State.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 15, 2018
Nels55:
Many Nigerians still don't understand Peter Obi, i saw this God's gift in him way back in his first term as a governor of my state.. A state which was in a very big mess with high rate of corruption in the civil service..

This man restructured Anambra state, i remembered that i was the only one that supported him in my family and among my friends.. You see my family was benefitting from the rot in the civil service so this man pouring sand in our garri brought emotions in my family and many other people of the state.

At the end, it paid.. He judiciously used the state fund for strategic development and investments which earned him Nigerian's all time best Governor.. No governor with such a state leaves over 150 million dollars for his predecessor and still no borrowing...
FROM THE HORSES MOUTH Very eloquent submission
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by somegirl1: 9:33pm On Oct 15, 2018
bender79:

ODVanguard:
Those comparing Osinbajo to Peter on eloquence must be stupid. They probably dont even understand the
the meaning of the term. Osinbajo is by far more eloquent. Is it not the same igbotic and feminine sounding Peter?? No sentiments pls.

While articulacy and eloquence are synonyms, they can be used in very different contexts. I haven't heard Osibanjo speak at length; however based on his profession, I would imagine that he is arguably the more articulate speaker in the context of fluency (style).
Obi, on the other hand, is arguably the more eloquent speaker in the context of persuasiveness (content).

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by mannyiyke: 9:37pm On Oct 15, 2018
KingKingKing:
WAIT WHICH OBI? PETER OBI AGAINST OSIBANJO?

OSIBANJO IS MORE INTELLECTUALLY SOUND AND ELOQUENT THAN OBI!

OBI DOESN'T SPEAK WELL FOR ME, HIS "IGBOTIC" ACCENT IS A NO NO.. HE IS INTELLIGENT NO DOUBT BUT HE IS POOR GRAMMATICALLY !

OSIBANJO WILL DEFEAT HIM HANDS DOWN
Even Osinbajo is poor grammatically, but he's more eloquent than Peter Obi.
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by xfactor23: 9:37pm On Oct 15, 2018
Why can't Osibanjo run for presidency? His few stay as acting president, at least we witnessed some major strides in governance.
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by precious1967(m): 9:38pm On Oct 15, 2018
Let's ve Buhari & Atiku now
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by somegirl1: 9:40pm On Oct 15, 2018
Glink2018:

Bcoz you are politically blind and deaf.
Peter obi can't stand debate with Osinbajo.

Osinbajo intelligentsia acumen is higher than obi.

Obi is just an entrepreneur.

While Osinbajo is a career person

And you think entrepreneurship does not require intellectual acuity?
Go read about Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 15, 2018
Gangster1ms:

I don't see any sensible justification in this statement but pure hatred. So it's only name calling that is making convulse like this? If we then have power what will then happen? War? The true reason for you folks behaviour is envy, accept or not it's the fact!
When south east is favouring you lots it's still your type that will come out and say igbos are not Igbos. If you are not ready to accept igbos to rule the country then support them in their quest to achieve biafra rather than being happy seeing them being marginalised out of sheer animosity. They want biafra u won't allow, they want to rule u won't still allow. Na God go eventually deal with una descendants. Heavy curse that can't be broken awaits tribes that want to suppress another. It's only a matter of time.
You're simply blabbering.
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by mannyiyke: 9:43pm On Oct 15, 2018
KingKingKing:
WAIT WHICH OBI? PETER OBI AGAINST OSIBANJO?

OSIBANJO IS MORE INTELLECTUALLY SOUND AND ELOQUENT THAN OBI!

OBI DOESN'T SPEAK WELL FOR ME, HIS "IGBOTIC" ACCENT IS A NO NO.. HE IS INTELLIGENT NO DOUBT BUT HE IS POOR GRAMMATICALLY !

OSIBANJO WILL DEFEAT HIM HANDS DOWN
Intelligence is relative when you talk about those two men. Osinbajo is sound as a lawyer, but it's ironical that he has goofed a lot when legal matters cropped up in this Buhari administration. Peter Obi is sound in economics. He has once been a governor and discharged his duties effectively. That a man is not eloquent does not mean he's not intelligent and knowledgeable. Peter Obi is more knowledgeable about the economy and finance than Osinbajo who even studied economics before studying law.
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 15, 2018
okworekene:

Instead of advocating and voting for solutions to dis present hardship of the average Nigerian, you guys have turn dis forum to war of tribes... Its a shame.. our education is becoming useless
Igbos always start tribal war on this forum, so you expect us to fold our hands and allow a Igbo abuse the most forward thinking tribe in Nigeria abi?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by KingKingKing: 9:44pm On Oct 15, 2018
mannyiyke:
Even Osinbajo is poor grammatically, but he's more eloquent than Peter Obi.

poor wetyn? No Nigerian leader across the federation is grammatically sound as osibanjo

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 15, 2018
goldfish80:

It's unfortunate this is the only deduction you could come up with after reading through my honest contribution.
Your likes are the problem with Nigeria. Shame on you. Idiiot.
Tame your write ups
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by ArcFresky(m): 9:47pm On Oct 15, 2018
I just dey laugh una....
You guys keep forgetting, Obi is just a Vice -president, which is just ceremonial.

Right now am sure Osibanjo is tired of somethings, but... he can't do anything about it.
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by Zieina(f): 9:48pm On Oct 15, 2018
48noble:
like for Obi and share for Osinbajo

Igbos no dey carry last for this kind thing. Bunch of jobless yoots liking their lives away like they did for Adeleke till he lost to his Apc opponent. Ask ekiti fayose again grin

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by mannyiyke: 9:51pm On Oct 15, 2018
ODVanguard:
Those comparing Osinbajo to Peter on eloquence must be stupid. They probably dont even understand the
the meaning of the term. Osinbajo is by far more eloquent. Is it not the same igbotic and feminine sounding Peter?? No sentiments pls.
All that is needed is articulation and proffering of practical solutions to problems we have in Nigerian economy, which Osinbajo knows nothing about, while Peter Obi is more practical and sound in economics and finance. Besides, Osinbajo is not all that eloquent. I've watched him speak. Even Obj speaks better than he (Osinbajo) does.
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by OpinionCounts(m): 9:54pm On Oct 15, 2018
lionness:
APC should properly investigate Peter Obi. The money he stole as a governor is worth billions which he used in creating his many businesses, especially that NEXT in Abuja. That guy is a bigger thief than his boss Athiefu. If the EFCC does it's due diligence, Obi criminal background check will be the longest and dirtiest thing ever brought to life. That guy looted Anambra dry and if it wasn't for Obiano, that state would still look like a pig pen.

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by mechanics(m): 9:54pm On Oct 15, 2018
Debate does not matter o.
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by Gangster1ms: 9:55pm On Oct 15, 2018
Mrblaster:
You're simply blabbering.
Just like you were.. u had nothing to say but that igbo insulted you and for that reason they shouldn't be allowed partake in the country affairs. Behaviour of a weak child, no wonder they call yorubas cowards.
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 15, 2018
IsraelSongz:

We should make a man with zero experience in governance the President and another with an excellent profile, vice? Do People even think before typing lord?!

You know he was right about your nepotism.

Can you hear yourself?
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by mannyiyke: 10:01pm On Oct 15, 2018
KingKingKing:
OBI IS NOT ELOQUENT BUT INTELLIGENT

OSIBANJO IS ELOQUENT AND INTELLIGENT

OSI WILL FLOG OBI LIKR A BABY
Intelligence about what? It's relative. When it comes to the economy, Osinbajo is just an illiterate, while Obi is intelligent there. When it comes to law, Osinbajo is sound there, cos it's his profession, even though he has goofed a lot in legal matters in this Buhari administration. Besides, he's not all that eloquent. Also, note that Osinbajo first studied economics before studying law, while Peter Obi first studied philosophy and thereafter undertook financial and administrative courses in American Business Schools such as Harvard. Despite his first background in economics, he still knows nothing about Nigerian economy. Who is then more intelligent and practical?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Fate Of 7 Governors Uncertain / Kogi Election 2019: Disturbing Videos Of Gun Battles And Deaths In Kogi State / Femi Falana Involved In Road Accident, Breaks His Leg, Threatens To Sue FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.