Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate (60633 Views)

Osinbajo Vs Obi: Fayose Reacts To Outcome Of Vice-presidential Debate / Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions / 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by otherway: 6:51pm On Oct 15, 2018
godfatherx:

It's my opinion, and I used "may", I am sure you also assumed my ethnicity wrongly.

Talking about eloquence even a deaf ear knows Osinbanjo is better. Peter Obi with all his education still has the igbo accent.
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by Fela4ese: 6:52pm On Oct 15, 2018
If osibanjo still decides to pitch tenth with Buhari as running mate then,then he there is no point for this debate.Buhari has failed us.to me its not a matter of who speaks more eloquent but who will b ready to stir d ship to the right course.abegi make I dey waka

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by galaxy2020(m): 6:52pm On Oct 15, 2018
Obi will floor him, Osibanjo will only speak grammar and theories, but Obi will speak from experience as a business man.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by oruma19: 6:53pm On Oct 15, 2018
2 well educated and trained men...I love both..let love lead.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by jagorinho: 6:54pm On Oct 15, 2018
2special:
l think the Yoruba's should be very careful in voting Atiku going by way the guys from the east are taking the issues.
yorubas wont vote for atiku, we all know how these will play out, buhari wins again, the easterners begin to shout "biafra or death" those people are as predictable as lukaku

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by kernel001: 6:54pm On Oct 15, 2018
Diiet:

SW always come out on top because we are smarter than SE.

This is smartness of West.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by otherway: 6:54pm On Oct 15, 2018
Antivirus92:
gbenga, try and afford two square meal a day before finishing obi....osibanjo is too dull,lacks the charisma of a leader and also speaks with a heavy disgusting yorubatic accent...
he is a no match to peter obi.....

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by Gangster1ms: 6:56pm On Oct 15, 2018
Mrblaster:
My fellow Yoruba peeps watch this igbos next year after buhari must have win the election, then they will change their tune from atikulating back to Biafra or death. They forgot they called this same Nigeria they want to become vp by fire by force, a zoo not long ago. They think Yoruba and hausa have forgotten all the name callings. That alone has tainted Atiku chance of becoming a president picking someone from a tribe that hate Nigeria so much. Kolewerk rara. Atiku and obi can only rule in their wildest dreams. You can't eat your cake and have it.
So in other words, vp position should be given to sw for both pdp and apc? Igbos should continue be marginalised? All these years they have been wanting biafra did u agree to it? If they choose not to contest and still insist on biafra, will their request eventually be granted? Igbos are not eating their cake, talk more of having it.
And oh.. What a greedy son of a bitch you are.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by bilulu(m): 6:58pm On Oct 15, 2018
KenOne:
Igbos are all over the place now Atikulate this Atikulate that. They didn't learn any lesson from 2015 no more Biafra again, they've being making noise of voting Atiku massively.

By 2019 if Buhari wins they'll start crying oh we didn't get this position or that, infact they'll start demanding like black South Africans where they did not work but want to reap.

Hear then we demand SGF, chief of staff to the president be zoned to South-East, we also demand chief of army staff, IGP, NSA, minister of petroleum, finance, health, transportation, works and housing and aviation should also be zoned to us.

Another slogan if they fail to get those demands will be blackmailing the president and other tribes. Give us Biafra or zoo will fall.

They have won and sworn in Atiku as president on social media already. It actually reminds me of 2015 general elections and Edo, Kogi, Ondo, Ekiti and Osun elections where PDP won on social media while APC is winning in real sense.
is it appointment supposed to b based on who voted n who didn't vote? wat if Atiku win d elections n also refused to give SW any appointments wat will b ur reaction? Appointments should b based in merit n not favor.... reasons we re dis backward

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by Lilimax(f): 6:58pm On Oct 15, 2018
CHRISDMANAGER:
We should be talking about presidential debate between PMB and ATIKU...I trust PMB will flawlessly defeat Atiku..
Patiently waiting for this to come to pass but the Certificate less and Lifeless one will do everything to dodge. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by Gangster1ms: 7:00pm On Oct 15, 2018
Afamed:

Ignore those kids. Now, their stories have changed. you see them clamouring for Vp now. Let them lose the election come 2019. You will suddenly begin to hear Biafra or death.
So we should continue focusing on getting biafra that the rest of the regions won't agree to? Una go still suffer una own one day. Mark my words

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by softaddict07: 7:00pm On Oct 15, 2018
48noble:
like for Obi and share for Osinbajo
osabanjo is a senior advocate of Nigeria ,well read and learned ...he should edge this .
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by IHIEGOD: 7:02pm On Oct 15, 2018
lionness:
APC should properly investigate Peter Obi. The money he stole as a governor is worth billions which he used in creating his many businesses, especially that NEXT in Abuja. That guy is a bigger thief than his boss Athiefu. If the EFCC does it's due diligence, Obi criminal background check will be the longest and dirtiest thing ever brought to life. That guy looted Anambra dry and if it wasn't for Obiano, that state would still look like a pig pen.

Government should make psychiatry attention free of charge so that people like you will receive attention. Because urs has gone beyond ignorance to a psychiatric issue

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by Icon79(m): 7:02pm On Oct 15, 2018
One is a houseboy elevated way above his levels, the other one is a true intellectual with a clear evidence of accomplishments.

So go figure ....

O pari

Giannakopoulos:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Knowing fully well the capacity of these two personalities, who do you think can come out best in a debate?
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by gbagyiza: 7:02pm On Oct 15, 2018
nzeobi:
Peter will focus more on his achievements and provide practical steps on how to turn things around but osibanjo will continue with his "text book" solutions and normal nursery rhyme of "we shall " and "we will ".
when Peter starts talking of bringing down the cost of running government, how will osibanjo feel knowing that the government he is part of bugdeted 80 million for buhari to barb his hair

Truly Nigerians r smart n intelligent but want I don't understand is why we allow this politicians to be playing with our intelligent. I must confess your post sound funny I can't stop laughing but u really past an intelligent message across.
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by ajl: 7:03pm On Oct 15, 2018
danjumakolo:
So we now judge peoples capability by they way they talk?

Do you understand the importance of one of greatest virtues of true leaders? It's the ability to convey your ideas and plans to your people and other followers in ways they easily understand. Without good followership, the implementation of the ideas is dead on arrival. One of the reasons why Buhari is failing.

I can only imagine how Osibanjo toasted his wife back in their early days. He knows how to talk, and not just empty talk.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by lordmogul(m): 7:04pm On Oct 15, 2018
Mr. Peter Obi was invited to my school Godfrey Okoye University when he was still a sitting governor. To my greatest shock and to the shock of the university community, he drove in with one land cruiser, no convoy, no siren, program was to start 10am, he arrived few minutes to 10am. He was driven from Awka to Enugu just that morning for that function without any serious security detail. My VC was shocked to have seen him, most people did not know he was the one until he came down from the vehicle. I may not know so much he did in Anambra state, but just that one alone I saw already made me like him. His speech about economy and the message to start something, no matter how small it is, he also talked about excellence, he is not one that boast or says things without experience, he talked as a father but more from experience. That's the Obi I listened to.

Nels55:
Many Nigerians still don't understand Peter Obi, i saw this God's gift in him way back in his first term as a governor of my state.. A state which was in a very big mess with high rate of corruption in the civil service..

This man restructured Anambra state, i remembered that i was the only one that supported him in my family and among my friends.. You see my family was benefitting from the rot in the civil service so this man pouring sand in our garri brought emotions in my family and many other people of the state.

At the end, it paid.. He judiciously used the state fund for strategic development and investments which earned him Nigerian's all time best Governor.. No governor with such a state leaves over 150 million dollars for his predecessor and still no borrowing...

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 15, 2018
Gangster1ms:

So in other words, vp position should be given to sw for both pdp and apc? Igbos should continue be marginalised? All these years they have been wanting biafra did u agree to it? If they choose not to contest and still insist on biafra, will their request eventually be granted? Igbos are not eating their cake, talk more of having it.
And oh.. What a greedy son of a bitch you are.
if not that your brain is seriously paining you, so in your deluded state of mind you expect Yoruba to grant you your biafra abi? When has Yoruba become the deciding factor to self determination? If you still think Atiku and obi will win come 2019 in spite of the name callings your tribe dished on Yoruba and hausa tribes, you're just dreaming for nothing. The latest news is that obi won't smell that post let alone Atiku winning. If not for anything, then it's for a payback from the other 2 major tribes towards you. We aren't stupid. You don't expect us to support your ass while you've called us different names. A biafran should be ashamed vying to rule a "zoo".

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by Alexis11: 7:06pm On Oct 15, 2018
RTSC:

Any where they are in a majority , regardless of how corporate the environment is, the only thing you would start hearing is ngbatii ngbatii.

I served one Yoruba woman a query for doing that nonsense in my organisation.

Fucking tribalists.

grin cheesy grin

Na all Igbos get big companies for social media where they employ Yoruba people cheesy

grin

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by Tookute(m): 7:07pm On Oct 15, 2018
Lol... Useless guy but please don't try it. Forgive them for they know not what they are doing.

profjustine458:
“I will vote Buhari in 2019, as a pay back to all those that voted him in 2015. you will
die here together. Nonsense” tongue tongue tongue
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by titilope0909: 7:07pm On Oct 15, 2018
Nemesis001:

If SW are smarter, why are you guys begging for VP from an ipob part PDP. grin

South West is overrated, we will teach your noisy region lesson next year.

We shall see
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by ariesbull: 7:14pm On Oct 15, 2018
Peter is an employer and creates jobs
Osibanjo is an employee and consumes jobs

The difference is clear naaa

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 15, 2018
BeautifulMind2:
Peter Obi will school Osibanjo, you guys should watch Obi on platform

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUzD8kmwO3Y

Peter Obi is an excellent person. He presented the problems and simple solutions alongside. Our people are not known for this level of pragmatic stance.
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by lordmogul(m): 7:15pm On Oct 15, 2018
Osibanjo has had no executive power, he was a professor, am sure we can access him from what he has done aside politics or before being a VP. We all know how this government almost never gave him the freedom of expression of power as the VP. And as a VP, his rights are limited, so he can even perform far lesser than a local government chairman that has the power to do anything he likes in his LGA. If the president is liberal, that's the only way a VP can achieve on his own. So, I would say let not compare them from political grounds alone, let compare personal achievements, character and person. Mr. Obi ([b]Executive [/b]Governor) had a better opportunity as a politician than Osibanjo ([b]Vice [/b]President).

galaxy2020:
Obi will floor him, Osibanjo will only speak grammar and theories, but Obi will speak from experience as a business man.
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by ukandi1(m): 7:16pm On Oct 15, 2018
HisSexcellency:
Peter Obi is a technocrat extraordinaire, he is sound upstairs and has no corruption case against him even after 8years as governor.
But the debate must be between the presidential candidates. Pmb will not escape ths one

Gbuammmmm.......
U have said it all.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 15, 2018
godfatherx:
I don't think Osinbajo may be as eloquent as Peter Obi, but if I have to choose 1 if both are contesting for the number 1 position, I will choose Osinbajo, but now that he is with Buhari, Atiku - Obi ticket is my choice.

Obi eloquent kwa? The same Obi that talks like a girl with his nose?
Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by bendike: 7:19pm On Oct 15, 2018
Diiet:

SW always come out on top because we are smarter than SE.
Bros, leave matter, this is not about SE or SW. Osibanjo is a good man. A sound first class professor of law and will probably make a good president in a developed eg European economy.
Peter Obi comes from business CEO cum administrative background, highly conservative. These attributes are what we need in present day Nigeria to turn around the dire economic situation of the country.
I actually wanted Adesina. But Peter Obi will do just fine.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by MChaze25(m): 7:20pm On Oct 15, 2018
lionness:
APC should properly investigate Peter Obi. The money he stole as a governor is worth billions which he used in creating his many businesses, especially that NEXT in Abuja. That guy is a bigger thief than his boss Athiefu. If the EFCC does it's due diligence, Obi criminal background check will be the longest and dirtiest thing ever brought to life. That guy looted Anambra dry and if it wasn't for Obiano, that state would still look like a pig pen.
Who even gave you 22 likes for your stupid comment?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by 1sttruth: 7:23pm On Oct 15, 2018
lionness:

Please stick to your lane of ignorance, at least Obi constructed from Upper Iweka down to Umunya, so many roads in Anambra State and transformed the state. The legacy he left in education is what the state is reaping today. Amaku General hospital was upgraded and other hospitals in Anambra were able to attend to patients without complaining on lack of drugs and equipments for good health care. Gratuity were paid as at and when due. How many should I count? Pls ask if you do not know.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by bot101(m): 7:23pm On Oct 15, 2018
softaddict07:
osabanjo is a senior advocate of Nigeria ,well read and learned ...he should edge this .

Errmm...Keyamo too is...

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate by david3510: 7:24pm On Oct 15, 2018
either they like it or not.we are voting for APC in sw because osinbajo is our man.therefore,APC will rule for another 4 years.we are on the right track.with the massive voting in sw,nw,nc and part of ne.is OK for our man professor osinbajo,we always support him come rain come shine.2019 is for Apc ,no negotiable.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Hushpuppi: Abba Kyari's Story On CNN / Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect / Kemebradikumo Pondei Slumps During Reps Committee Interrogation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.