Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,588 members, 7,816,448 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet (11377 Views)

Mohammed Was Mentioned In Bible And Bhuddist Scripture / Prophet Mohammed Was A Womaniser? / The Legacy Of A Prophet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by vedaxcool(m): 3:39pm On Jul 23, 2010
Mary lavished her expensive perfume on Jesus, and the other dinner guests were upset at the waste. Surprisingly, Jesus rebuked them, saying she would be immortalized.
Now this is suppose to be a modest man with no dreams of grandiosity yet he willfully partake in wastage of expensive resources- if the bible is right- let us examine the verse closely

“Leave her alone. Why are you bothering her? She has done a beautiful thing to me. The poor you will have always with you, and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me. She did what she could. She poured perfume on my body beforehand to prepare for my burial. I tell you the truth, wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will be told, in memory of her.” [4:6-9, NIV]

Now imagine such shear wastefulness and all the poverty that surrounds him isn't this a clear sign of pomp and grandiosity, it calls top mind our senators in this country where a lot of people are poor yet they engage in inept justification of their extravagancy, one wonders why mark didn't find a better justification for such wastefulness by saying it will improve the country and stuff.
Yet when poverty staired him he complained it is just a pity people like aju have not try to Re-brand his religion with all its dual standards.
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by aletheia(m): 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2010
^^^It is obvious you have nothing to say, hence you are clutching at straws. Read the account again, slowly so that you can understand the account. It means nothing like what you claim.
Apparently you cannot answer my questions so you ignore them. Again let me list them out for you.
. . .here is the list of questions you failed to answer (try to make answer them, since you are convinced of the superiority of your religion and want to make me a Muslim like you):
1. Why does the koran mention these three goddesses by name?
2. Is it not because they were all worshiped as Allah's daughters?
3. Does the koran mention any other gods by name?
4. So why single out this ones for special mention?
5. Why were the Quraysh overjoyed at the mention of their gods if it wasn't in a flattering way?

KJV: 2 Corinthians 11:14-15
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by ajoguegbe(m): 9:26am On Jul 24, 2010
@Vedaxcool
the area you quoted was clear, he said the woman was anointing him for His burial.everything Jesus did or happened to him were no accidents, that is why He did not have to fight to establish His faith. He knew the end from the beginning. The Bible foretold where he will be born,how He will die, what he will do etc before He was born. That is why the Bible has consistency. Nothing was written for the fun of it.

Please next time don't quote the Bible like you are quoting Quran. there is nothing like [4:6-9, NIV] in the Bible.The Bible is not like Quran,written by one person. The Bible was written by over 30 people inspired by God in different locations, over a period spanning more than 2,000 years yet there is consistency in their work irrespective of the fact that they did not collaborate. have you ever seen such a miracle? Muhammad copied most of the Bible and twisted it not knowing the stories all had signifance- nothing that will happen in the New Testament to Jesus that did not happen as a shadow in the Old Testament.

For instance one difference between Quran and Bible is the story of Isaac and Ishmael, which of them Abraham used for the sacrifice. Muhammad just copied the story and changed the name to Ishmael - the father of the Arabs,but the Bible said it was Isaac. it was in the New Testament we knew it was not just a story as Muhammad mistook it to be. for just like Isaac was sacrificed by Abraham, that is how God will sacrifice his own Son-Jesus.Just like Isaac carried his wood up a mountain(Mount MOriah),thats how Jesus will carry a wood(the cross) up a mountain (Mount Calvary)etc, The bible is just too consistent-it is not a story book of morals alone.It is the life of Christ

So anointing Jesus with perfume/oil had significance. just like you dont understand the trinity, the crucfixion etc thats how many did not understand Him then.
Thanks for pulling that verse, I suppose you learnt a lot from it, though I made it brief. If I go in details to explain the Old Testament to you,,
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by nopuqeater: 8:45pm On Jul 24, 2010
@Aletheia: « #97 on: Yesterday at 10:49:28 PM »
^^^It is obvious you have nothing to say, hence you are clutching at straws
I hope your brain is not straws? What is not from wisdom in the analysis that you are criticsing?

Read the account again, slowly so that you can understand the account. It means nothing like what you claim.
What does it mean if it happened that the woman wasted a good perfume on him, while it can be put into better use? Like selling it to feed the poor or even provide food to the community that followed Jesus about. Even a loaf of bread would have been an act of charity from a man who you project to be meek and cared for others before himself. This and other events prove you people to be lying about his true nature.

Apparently you cannot answer my questions so you ignore them. Again let me list them out for you.
. . .here is the list of questions you failed to answer (try to make answer them, since you are convinced of the superiority of your religion and want to make me a Muslim like you):
1. Why does the koran mention these three goddesses by name?
Unless you are dotard, it is Quran. There are 360 idols in the precinct of Kaaba, being representation of a god a day and even responsible for each activity of the Arabs. The three were their chiefs. And in speaking win wisdom, when you speak of what is the top, it is obvious that it covers what is below it. Let me give you example; When Allah says about Jesus not being His son or child, The Most Powerful says in a verse "How can Allah have a child, when He does not have a consort/a wife?" This very verse addresses you, too, since you claim that you are the child of Gos. Who is the wife of God that bore you? Now apply the issue of the 3 gods that Allah blasted to all the 360.

2. Is it not because they were all worshiped as Allah's daughters?
The pagans do belief that they are creation of God. Hindus believe this. Just like they say God is reincarnated in their gods' persons (the same way you belief Jesus was), does it mean this sis correct? So the arab pagans say as in the nature of unbelievers that God is associated/affiliated to something. In reality, their statements and actions are wrong. When Islam began to dismantle the said belief and actions, the hatred started. Do the muslims worship gods with Allah? No.

3. Does the koran mention any other gods by name?
Yes. Your Biblical Jesus. By the way your question is a not a good argument. Today there is a group of people who worship dead Pharaohs.

4. So why single out this ones for special mention?
THe Makkans and the arabs who took them as gods along with Allah were being addressed. Your question is similar to somebody why was Yahweh singled out to the children of Israel, instead of Eloi that Jesus cried out to, or God in English language.

5. Why were the Quraysh overjoyed at the mention of their gods if it wasn't in a flattering way?
Show me their joyousness from the Quran? The ahadith that you people are killing yourselves upon, taking it as your argument against Islam of Muhammad and Muhammad (AS) is not only falsehood but has not ability to ever have happened! Allah protected Muhammad from before conception, and throughout his life on earth. His mere turning of hos face was the bases of Surah Abasa. How then will command to worship idols be ignred by Allah, except that it did not happen. Allah said that "oh Muhammad, you have soft heart and if I had not strengthened you, you would have tended to incline to the pressure of the people. Allah never left him and there was no reason for him to compromise his mission, which There is no One worthy of worship but Allah, ALone; the core of the message of Quran and all prophets and messengers. I will like to support my statement with what happened in Makka whereby the pagans told him, "Oh Muhammad (AS), if you want to be our king, we will make you our king. if you want to be the wealthiest, we will contribute monies to make you the wealthiest. If you want to be the one with the most wives, we will give you the best women from each tribes, clans. But you should let us worship our gods some days and we will worship your Allah Who you say has no partner and has made you a messneger and prophet at other days." Muhammad told them that he will not stop the mission of One God ALlah WHo has no partner, even if on his right hand the Sun is placed in it, and on his left hand the Moon is place in it. Then the Surah "Kafiruun" was revealed to confirm it. You need to read the Surah, just a 5 verse Surah.

KJV: 2 Corinthians 11:14-15
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
Its unfortunate that Yahweh or Jehovah sits there and Satan transformed himself into Angels. In Surah Araf, Satan knew his limits. He would not stand on top of humans so that the supplications of those who are true in their repentance cant rise to heavens. Allah hear, sees and knows everything. A true believer can not in the long run falls in the trap of Satan. YOu need to seek the True Creator, your Lord and God, Allah te Irresistable.
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by aletheia(m): 8:56am On Jul 25, 2010
@nopuqeater:
Insult me all you want, it doesn't change the fact that unless you believe that Jesus is Lord; you will die in your sins.
nopuqeater:

@Aletheia: I hope your brain is not straws? What is not from wisdom in the analysis that you are criticsing?

What does it mean if it happened that the woman wasted a good perfume on him, while it can be put into better use? Like selling it to feed the poor or even provide food to the community that followed Jesus about. Even a loaf of bread would have been an act of charity from a man who you project to be meek and cared for others before himself. This and other events prove you people to be lying about his true nature.
^^^By this you betray the spirit that is in you. Going on and on about the woman wasting the perfume instead of selling it to feed the poor as if you actually cared for the poor more than Jesus Himself. This was exactly what Judas said and we know what became of him! So you show that the same Satan that was in Judas is the one driving you.
(KJV) John Chapter 12:3-6
[3] Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment. [4] Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him, [5] Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor? [6] This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.
(KJV) John Chapter 13:
[26] Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.[27] And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

nopuqeater:

Unless you are dotard, it is Quran. . .etc
^^^So many words, yet not one coherent message. Let me spell it out for you.
1. You make the claim that Muhammad was a true prophet.
2. Yet it is clearly established from Islamic historical accounts by renowned Islamic scholars that he uttered words from Satan.
3. No true prophet of YHWH will ever utter words from Satan. Those who do so are perforce false prophets.
4. You can dodge this truth as much as you want but in the by and by, it will find you out.

nopuqeater:

Show me their joyousness from the Quran? The ahadith that you people are killing yourselves upon, taking it as your argument against Islam of Muhammad and Muhammad (AS) is not only falsehood but has not ability to ever have happened! Allah protected Muhammad from before conception, and throughout his life on earth. His mere turning of hos face was the bases of Surah Abasa. How then will command to worship idols be ignred by Allah, except that it did not happen. Allah said that "oh Muhammad, you have soft heart and if I had not strengthened you, you would have tended to incline to the pressure of the people
^^^You don't know your Qur'an though you claim to be a Muslim, which is why up till now you have not responded to my question: "Where in your Qur'an does your god refer to himself as Eloi?"
Anyway this what your Qur'an has to say in commenting on the incident.
There are passages in the Quran that reference the event. These passages are recorded in the biographical material.
22.52 Never sent We a messenger or a prophet before thee but when He recited (the message) Satan proposed (opposition) in respect of that which he recited thereof. But Allah abolisheth that which Satan proposeth. Then Allah establisheth His revelations. Allah is Knower, Wise;
This verse is mentioned in the biographical material. This was revealed in relation to Muhammad speaking Satan's words.

One of the greatest Islamic scholars who wrote a Tafsir was Abu al-Qasim Mahmud ibn Umar al-Zamakhshari. He commented on this event as well.Here is his writings:
"The faithful rendering of the revelation Zamakhshari on Sura 22:52/51

We have never sent any messenger of prophet before thee, but that Satan cast into his fancy, when he was fancying; but God annuls what Satan casts, then God confirms His signs - surely God is All-knowing, All-wise.

, The occasion of the sending down of the present verse is the following: As the members of the tribe of the messenger of God turned away from him and took their stand against him and his relatives also opposed him and refused to be guided by what he brought to them, then, as a result of the extreme exasperation concerning their estrangement and as a result of the eager desire and longing that they be converted to Islam, the messenger of God sheltered the wish that nothing would come down to him that could make them shy away. Perhaps he should have been able to use that for the purpose of converting them and causing them to be dissuaded from their error and obstinacy. Now this wish continued in him until the sura called "The Star" (that is, Sura 53) came down. At that time he found himself with this wish in his heart regarding the members of his tribe. Then he began to recite, and when he came to God's words "and Manat, the third, the other" (Sura 53:20), Satan substituted something in accordance with the wish which the messenger of God had sheltered, that is, he whispered something to him which would enable the messenger to announce his wish. In an inadvertent and misleading manner, his tongue hurried on ahead of him, so that he said: "These (goddesses are the) exalted cranes. Their intercession (with God) is to be hoped for.". . .

As soon as the messenger of God prostrated (for prayer) as the end of the sura, all who were present did it with him and felt pleased (that is, the unbelievers felt pleased that their goddesses had been accepted as intercessors with God).
^^^Your prophet not only uttered those words but prostrated before those goddesses: not surprising considering that "al-ilah" was just one of over 360 false gods together with the aforementioned goddesses, worshiped by the Arabs long before his time. The innovation of your prophet was to promote a syncretistic form "al-ilah" to the exclusion of the others. Or did you suppose that because your religion makes monotheistic claims (even though there is an icon of the Virgin in your Kaaba); that automatically makes it true. No. Your prophet fails the tests for identifying true prophets of YHWH as set forth in the bible.

Jesus of Nazareth is Lord and He can free you from the bondage of sin:
(KJV) John Chapter 8:
[32] And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.[33] They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? [34] Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. [35] And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. [36] If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by Pimpu(m): 11:03pm On Jul 25, 2010
You call it self defense? May be I dont understand what self defence is, does it include calling for war against potential threats?
@ajoguegbe
If u fear God and believe in the truth,quote one verse
IN CONTEXT where muslims where told to attack "pottential threats" i just wonder wat u hv to gain by denying the truth?In ur previous post u quoted quranic verses out of context saying muslim were told to attack non muslim.This is pure fallacy and for this i
took my time to explain but u never acknowlegde that.this shows u are out to argue and not to learn.

You see that is why I refered to Muhammad as "an obsessed man with his dreams of grandiosity and could not forgive those who stood in his way." Jesus was a perfect example of humility. He taught the world that you can become famous by serving people not by fighting people. He knew his assignment will start from the Jews to the whole world. Andd today, he is the most popular person in the world, with the highest number of following. I wish people can learn from Him, our ambitions will be controlled by conscience and character.
just like above give factual point and stop quoting from "yahoo answer"

pls show me one place in the bible where jesus personally say he is your saviour.
The Wikipaedia defines the word saviour as "a person who helps people achieve Salvation, or saves them from something". Jesus Christ referring to himself said, in Matt 18:11
"For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost."
again
"And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham. For the Son of man(Jesus) is come to seek and to save that which was lost."Luke 19:9-10

i laughed when i saw this n then i realised how deep ur ignorance is about ur religion,
firstly Matthew 18:11 does not appear in several current Bibles such as the New International Version,
the New Century Version, the Contemporary English Version, and the New Living Translation.
The verse is missing from some of the Bibles because the passage does not actually appear in the best early Greek manuscripts which contain Matthew.
It is important to remember that the New Testament was written in Greek.
These original documents called "autographs" were copied and passed from one person to another.
In the process of making copies, errors would occur sometimes. Sometimes words were misspelled,
words were left out, and on rare occasions, some copyists would insert some words.Even in king james the verse
appears in parenthesis

Did Luke witness his ministry and did he not contradict mathew n Mark?
You are serving me third party statement all these while, all I asked from you is to serve me where Jesus categorically said that.

AND TO WRAP IT ALL DON'T EVER THINK JESUS IS A PERFECT BEING AS THE CHURCH WOULD WANT U TO BELIEVE
BECAUSE I HAVE NOTICE SOME PRIDE IN UR STATEMENT ABOUT HIM BEING PERFECT.SO I WILL BE DROPING SOME FACT ON THIS TO SUPPORT MY
POINT.
AFTER UR RESPONSE TO MY POST.
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by nopuqeater: 1:54am On Jul 26, 2010
@Aletheia: « #100 on: Today at 08:56:09 AM »
@nopuqeater:
Insult me all you want, it doesn't change the fact that unless you believe that Jesus is Lord; you will die in your sins.
Am toying with your emotion. Further, I am not arrogant. So I know that I am a sinner. The reason I seek forgiveness from The One Who is The True Forgiver; Allah Al Sultan. Unlike you who is arrogant, but then install a partner with and medium between you and your Creator. You are an idol worshiper of the highest order.

[Quote]^^^By this you betray the spirit that is in you. Going on and on about the woman wasting the perfume instead of selling it to feed the poor as if you actually cared for the poor more than Jesus Himself. This was exactly what Judas said and we know what became of him! So you show that the same Satan that was in Judas is the one driving you.[/quote]If the litmus test of Jesus kindness was the usage of the perfume, the one in the Bible betrayed himself as no charitable entity. Part of the signs of prophethood is not to accept or consume charity. I take my kindness from Muhammad (AS) and other prophets of Islam; Isa bin Maryam (AS) and many others (AS jami'a). This dude forgets that Judas was a Jew. I am not a Jew and the qualities of Jews, I dont carry. You want to compare me to somebody, look into Islam and also Yoruba bloodline.

(KJV) John Chapter 12:3-6
[3] Then took Mary[b] a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair[/b]: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment. [4] Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him, [5] Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor? [6] This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.
In Islam, it is arrogance to let a person humiliate him/herself before a creation. Jesus himself said he was a creation, a servant sent by God. To have allowed a woman to wipe his feet with her hair, is either the height of arrogance or the Bible writers lied. I will take the later. And no quality of Judas do I have as a muslim.

Judas was a Jew and a follower of Jesus. Jesus of the Bible knew how to pick them; A betrayer, a denier, a weak in faith. What can I say. Compare these to Abu Bakr (RA) who donated everything that he owned to Islam, not because he was dying after that. Umar Kattab (RA) who donated half and the remaining half was in wait as Islam will need it. Uthman Afan (RA) who refused to make Umrah as long as any muslim is refused. Ali bin AbiTalib (RA) who slept in the bed of the prophet not afraid of the consequences from the disbelievers. Are the people guided to the light of Islam equal to those who are waylaid by Satan?

(KJV) John Chapter 13:
[26] Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.[27] And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.
Allahu Akbar! You see how you shw that jesus of the Bible was not even a kind man to those who followed him?

[Quote]^^^So many words, yet not one coherent message. Let me spell it out for you.
1. You make the claim that Muhammad was a true prophet.
2. Yet it is clearly established from Islamic historical accounts by renowned Islamic scholars that he uttered words from Satan.
3. No true prophet of YHWH will ever utter words from Satan. Those who do so are perforce false prophets.
4. You can dodge this truth as much as you want but in the by and by, it will find you out.[/quote]Allah guided Muhammad (AS) ALLah says of Himself; I AM in charge all the affairs of my servants.
Muhammad was chosen by his Creator to be the last prophet and Messenger to all mankind. Anyone who has any inner eye will ask if such a chosen person will be left to be controlled by Satan? In the 23 years od his prophethood, there was no time he said he was under the influence of Satan. The Angels visisted him, often, for consultation, strengthening him and it is clear that they came to deliver revelations. What a so called renowned scholar says, if it is incorrect we reject it, outright. Our Prophet and Messenger was Muhammad (AS).

Now, as you argue, you conveniently ignore the fact that Jesus reported with his own mouth that he was tempted by Satan, many times. He actually said that he shouted "get away from me, Satan." Just that you should know that. Muhammad did not report that he was tempted. Only some entity was not there said he was. What his reason was, only Gd Almighty knows. The rank of Islam swell, each year in the 23 years of the prophethood. Is Yahweh the name of God that sent Jesus His servant? Jesus said the God Who sent him is Eloi. Who is lying, aletheia?

[Quote]^^^You don't know your Qur'an though you claim to be a Muslim, which is why up till now you have not responded to my question: "Where in your Qur'an does your god refer to himself as Eloi?"[/quote]Good argument is lost on the ignorant. Eloi is not an arabic word. If you read a translation of Quran in the language of those who call God Eloi, they will use it in their language, just like the yorubas call God Olorun. The muslims in Yoruba land say Allah is Olorun in our language. What do you call God in your language, if you are not a yoruba? I hope you are thinking.

Anyway this what your Qur'an has to say in commenting on the incident.
There are passages in the Quran that reference the event. These passages are recorded in the biographical material.
22.52 Never sent We a messenger or a prophet before thee but when He recited (the message) Satan proposed (opposition) in respect of that which he recited thereof. But Allah abolisheth that which Satan proposeth. Then Allah establisheth His revelations. Allah is Knower, Wise;
This verse is mentioned in the biographical material. This was revealed in relation to Muhammad speaking Satan's words.
Where in that verse that Allah says Muhammad utter the words you are claiming? Where in that verse that it indicated that Muhammad (AS) was influenced by Satan to say other things than what Allah ordered him to say? Maybe it was in reference to satan playing with Jesus of the Bible that was referred to here? And Allah says that He will protect the Quran, which will help us to believe that Muhammad's case was different, and no influence of Satan was allowed because it is now the last prophet with last revelation. And when does proposal of opposition becomes that the one whose tongue or mind it came to actually acted upon it?

Did Jesus act upon the suggestion of Satan in any of the many times he said Satan played on him? If he didnt, why do you think Muhammmad's case is different, assuming there was a proposal of opposition? I am now giving you an assignment for further clarification of the subject matter; www.answering-christianity.com/bassam_zawadi/satanic_verses.htm - Cached
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) And The Satanic Verses
                                               By
                                   Bassam Zawadi
There is no greater lie than the Satanic verses lie. The Prophet never said those verses. To sum up, the story basically says that when the Prophet was leading the prayer one time near the Ka’bah, he was reciting Surah 53:19-20 and then he said a verse 'those are the high-flying cranes and indeed their intercession is to be hoped for' so the Quraysh got happy that the Prophet spoke so positively about their Gods and then also prostrated with the Muslims when they prostrated in their prayer. Then Allah sent down a verse rebuking the Prophet Muhammad (Surah 17:73-75) and also sent down a verse abrogating the ‘Satanic revelation’ (Surah 22:52),

One of the greatest Islamic scholars who wrote a Tafsir was Abu al-Qasim Mahmud ibn Umar al-Zamakhshari. He commented on this event as well.Here is his writings:
"The faithful rendering of the revelation Zamakhshari on Sura 22:52/51

We have never sent any messenger of prophet before thee, but that Satan cast into his fancy, when he was fancying; but God annuls what Satan casts, then God confirms His signs - surely God is All-knowing, All-wise.

,  The occasion of the sending down of the present verse is the following: As the members of the tribe of the messenger of God turned away from him and took their stand against him and his relatives also opposed him and refused to be guided by what he brought to them, then, as a result of the extreme exasperation concerning their estrangement and as a result of the eager desire and longing that they be converted to Islam, the messenger of God sheltered the wish that nothing would come down to him that could make them shy away.

Perhaps he should have been able to use that for the purpose of converting them and causing them to be dissuaded from their error and obstinacy. Now this wish continued in him until the sura called "The Star" (that is, Sura 53) came down. At that time he found himself with this wish in his heart regarding the members of his tribe. Then he began to recite, and when he came to God's words "and Manat, the third, the other" (Sura 53:20), Satan substituted something in accordance with the wish which the messenger of God had sheltered, that is, he whispered something to him which would enable the messenger to announce his wish. In an inadvertent and misleading manner, his tongue hurried on ahead of him, so that he said:

"These (goddesses are the) exalted cranes. Their intercession (with God) is to be hoped for.". . .
Does this make sense to your sane mind? Muhammad (AS) who was guided from youth, honest in his dealings that his Lord never left him, at no time, how then is Satan capable to overcome him, and he hid it without it being in the Quran, while "He frowned" in Surah Abasa remains?
This is how much of a power Satan has in front of the Messenger (AS). So tell me, how can such a weak being be able to influence the Message of Allah on the heart and or the tongue of the Messenger?

BUKHARI 2.301: Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet once offered the prayer and said, "Satan came in front of me and tried to interrupt my prayer, but Allah gave me an upper hand on him and I choked him. No doubt, I thought of tying him to one of the pillars of the mosque till you get up in the morning and see him. Then I remembered the statement of Prophet Solomon, 'My Lord ! Bestow on me a kingdom such as shall not belong to any other after me.' Then Allah made him (Satan) return with his head down (humiliated)."

As soon as the messenger of God prostrated (for prayer) as the end of the sura, all who were present did it with him and felt pleased (that is, the unbelievers felt pleased that their goddesses had been accepted as intercessors with God).
^^^Your prophet not only uttered those words but prostrated before those goddesses: not surprising considering that "al-ilah" was just one of over 360 false gods together with the aforementioned goddesses, worshiped by the Arabs long before his time. The innovation of your prophet was to promote a syncretistic form "al-ilah" to the exclusion of the others. Or did you suppose that because your religion makes monotheistic claims (even though there is an icon of the Virgin in your Kaaba); that automatically makes it true. No. Your prophet fails the tests for identifying true prophets of YHWH as set forth in the bible.
While Jesus your human god never mentioned himself to be Yahweh or Jehovah (Take your pick), he said his God is Eloi. Which of these do you deny? These are from the mouth of Jesus the one you worship with God Almighty. Who is therefore an idolater? Your disbelief is so cronic that you cant even write out Yahweh! You are behaving like a jew. The same people that your christian religion say that you replace. If you claim to be a child of God, though you cant show the wife of God who bore you, it is pure inferiority that you cant even write out the name of your father. No? Yet here I am a simple Muslim who is a slave is normal in my behavior and reference to my Creator that my writing out His Name is not a sign of disrespect.

Jesus of Nazareth is Lord and He can free you from the bondage of sin:
(KJV) John Chapter 8:
[32] And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.[33] They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? [34] Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. [35] And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. [36] If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
He called himself a servant sent. Who is the liar; you or who? What is the truth, aletheia? How are you not in bondage to a man, when Jesus the servant of God said he was "son of man", yet you worship him? Is there any sense in you? O gaaa o. Am a yoruba man. So pardon my expression.
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by aletheia(m): 3:46am On Jul 26, 2010
nopuqeater:

To sum up, the story basically says that when the Prophet was leading the prayer one time near the Ka’bah, he was reciting Surah 53:19-20 and then he said a verse 'those are the high-flying cranes and indeed their intercession is to be hoped for' so the Quraysh got happy that the Prophet spoke so positively about their Gods and then also prostrated with the Muslims when they prostrated in their prayer. Then Allah sent down a verse rebuking the Prophet Muhammad (Surah 17:73-75) and also sent down a verse abrogating the ‘Satanic revelation’ (Surah 22:52),
^^^There you go: even your words agree with what is written.
From the website you cited:
Ibn Sad says that before this, in the Rajab of the 5th year of Prophethood, a small group of the Companions had emigrated to Abyssinia. Then, when in the Ramadan of the same year this incident took place the news spread that the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) had recited Surah An-Najm publicly in the assembly of the Quraish and the whole assembly, including the believers as well as the disbelievers, had fallen down in prostration with him. When the emigrants to Abyssinia heard this news they formed the impression that the disbelievers of Makkah had become Muslims. Thereupon, some of them returned to Makkah in the Shawwal of the 5th year of Prophethood, only to learn that the news was wrong and the conflict between Islam and disbelief was raging as furiously as before. Consequently, the second emigration to Abyssinia took place, in which many more people left Makkah.
^^^The writer on that website only makes an emotional argument, which can be summarized thus:
"The prophet was sinless and perfect, therefore what he was said to have done couldn't have happened", essentially ignoring the eyewitness accounts. Even ignoring the evidence right before him. The Quraysh were hostile and opposed to your prophet, yet they prostrated together with him after he uttered certain words. Since they did not become Muslims, it can be seen that what he said was something that they were favorably disposed to hearing. And several of your Islamic historians confirm this incident. Those of you living several centuries removed from the events may deny it as much as you wish (given the indoctrination concerning your prophet) but those who were witnesses confirm it.

Bukhari too confirms that after Muhammad recited Surah 53 the Quraysh accepted Muhammad and prayed with him:

Narrated Ibn Abbas: The Prophet ,  prostrated while reciting An-Najm (Sura 53) and with him prostrated the Muslims, the pagans (the Quraysh), the jinns, and all human beings. (Bukhari: volume 2, book 19, number 177, Khan)
Muhammad's desire had been realised; the Quraysh accepted him. The Muslims who had fled to Abyssinia heard about this and many of them began to return to Mecca. The Quraysh accepted Muhammad because he had, "spoken of (their) gods in splendid fashion" (Ibn Ishaq, p. 166). The Islamic explanation as to why Muhammad accepted the idols is that he desired a way to attract the Quraysh and Satan used this opportunity to put these words on Muhammad's lips:

Now the apostle was anxious for the welfare of his people, wishing to attract them as far as he could. It has been mentioned that he longed for a way to attract them ,  (and) Satan, when he (Muhammad) was meditating upon it, and desiring to bring it (sc. reconciliation) to his people, put upon his tongue "these are the exalted Gharaniq[6] whose intercession is approved". (Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah, pp. 165-166)
This is what is meant by the phrase, the Satanic Verses; they were words that Muhammad spoke from Satan and his own desire. The Islamic accounts then say that the angel Gabriel rebuked Muhammad for what he had said:

Then Gabriel came to the apostle and said , "What have you done, Muhammad? You have read to these people something I did not bring you from God and you have said what He did not say to you." (Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah, p. 166)
Then Muhammad confessed:

I ascribed to Allah, what He had not said. (Ibn Sa'd, Kitab Al-Tabaqat Al-Kabir, vol. 1, p. 237)

I have fabricated things against God and have imputed to Him words which He has not spoken. (Al-Tabari, The History of Al-Tabari, vol. vi, p. 111)

Muhammad then announced that Gabriel had now told him to speak against the idols and so what he recited changed. Previously it had been:

Have you thought of al-Lat and al-Uzza and Manat, the third ,  these are the exalted Gharaniq whose intercession is approved. (Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah, pp. 165-166)
Now the verse became:

Have you considered El-Lat and El-'Uzza and Manat the third, the other? What, have you males, and He females? That were indeed an unjust division. They are naught but names yourselves have named, and your fathers; God has sent down no authority touching them. (Qur'an 53:19-23, Arberry)
This final form of the verse is what is now in the modern Qur'an.

The Quraysh saw that Muhammad had now changed his message:

When the annulment of what Satan had put upon the prophet's tongue came from God, (the) Quraysh said: "Muhammad has repented of what he said about the position of your gods with Allah, altered it and brought something else." (Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah, pp. 166-167)
This explanation, that Satan had placed these words on Muhammad tongue and God had now cancelled it, now had to be justified to both his followers and to the Quraysh. The answer came by referring to another part of the Qur'an:

Never have We sent a single prophet or apostle before you with whose wishes Satan did not tamper. But God abrogates the interjections of Satan and confirms His own revelations. (Qur'an 22:52, Dawood)
Muhammad's justification was that other prophets had had their wishes tampered with by Satan just as he had done, but God had corrected the whole situation.

Three questions for you:
1. What language uses Eloi as the name of God (now that you agree it's not in the Qur'an?
2. If as you allege Christians worship 3 gods, who then is the third god?
3. Was Muhammad ever bewitched or not? (You say he was kept from being harmed by Satan).

I hope you are not afraid of giving me answers? smiley
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by aletheia(m): 4:02am On Jul 26, 2010
^^^
Implications of the incident.

1. It is considered an authentic event by Islam's great early scholars.
Ibn Ishaq, Wakidi, Ibn Sa'd, Tabari and Bukhari considered this event to be authentic and recorded the details in their books. It is inconceivable that Islamic scholars such as these would accept such a story without good grounds (i.e. sound isnads, reliable sources).

2. It is consistent with the Qur'an.
The Qur'an says that other prophets also sinned. Aaron is said to be a prophet (4:163) and he was involved with the golden calf:
And when Musa (Moses) returned to his people, angry and grieved, he said: "What an evil thing is that which you have done (i.e. worshipping the calf) during my absence. Did you hasten and go ahead as regards the matter of your Lord (you left His worship)?" And he threw down the Tablets and seized his brother Aaron) by (the hair of) his head and dragged him towards him. (Qur'an 7:150)
Adam is said to be a prophet (2:37) and he sinned this way.

3. It is consistent with Muhammad's practice of incorporating the pre-Islamic religion into Islam.
In this event we see that Muhammad tried to incorporate the pre-Islamic gods into Islam so as to make it easier for his tribe to accept him.

4. It is consistent with how Muhammad's desires inspired the Qur'an.

5. It is consistent with abrogation.

The event shows how a verse in the Qur'an could be modified or deleted at a later date. This is an example of the Qur'anic doctrine of abrogation. The Hadith also records several other occasions where verses of the Qur'an were modified, added to or deleted.
Narrated Al-Bara: There was revealed: "Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and those who strive and fight in the Cause of Allah." (Qur'an 4:95)
The Prophet said, "Call Zaid for me and let him bring the board, the inkpot and the scapula bone (or the scapula bone and the ink pot)." Then he said, "Write: Not equal are those Believers who sit , ", and at that time 'Amr bin Um Maktum, the blind man was sitting behind the Prophet. He said, "O Allah's Apostle! What is your order for me (as regards the above Verse) as I am a blind man?" So, instead of the above verse, the following verse was revealed:
"Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) except those who are disabled (by injury or are blind or lame etc.) and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah." (Qur'an 4:95) (Bukhari: volume 6, book 61, number 512)

This account clearly records the revision of 4:95 from its initial to final form. This type of modification is exactly what happened in the account of these verses.

Another example: Narrated Anas: , We used to recite, "Inform our people that we have met our Lord, He is pleased with us and He has made us pleased". Later on this Quranic verse was cancelled. (Bukhari: volume 4, book 52, number 57)

The modification of the Qur'an was a characteristic of how it developed. In fact, enough verses were modified or deleted that it made people doubt Muhammad was a genuine prophet and the issue had to be dealt with in the Qur'an: And when We exchange a verse in the place of another verse - and God knows very well what he is sending down - they say (to Muhammad), "Thou art a mere forger!" (Qur'an 16:101)

This modification and deleting of verses casts doubt that Muhammad was a genuine prophet. Why would God need to modify, change or delete his word? Surely God would get it right the first time? The fact that Muhammad had to change what he recited shows that he spoke from himself and not God. The whole doctrine of abrogation is just an excuse used by Muhammad to justify the fact that he changed what he recited to suit his situation.

6. Satan produced a surah like it.

One of the proofs that Muslims give that the Qur'an is miraculous is that no one is able to produce a surah like. This challenge is found in the Qur'an itself:

And if you are in doubt concerning that We have sent down on Our servant, then bring a sura like it. (Qur'an 2:23)

They say the Qur'an is miraculous in beauty and no one can make anything to compare to it. However, this incident casts doubt over this claim. For in this event Muhammad spoke words from Satan but everyone thought these verses were part of the Qur'an for "the believers were holding that what their prophet brought from their Lord was true, not suspecting a mistake or a vain desire or slip." (Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah, p. 166)
Thus the Islamic sources record that Satan produced verses which sounded exactly like those of the Qur'an. If they did not sound like the Qur'an then surely Muhammad, his followers and the Quraysh would never have accepted them?

8. Muhammad committed a serious sin.

Accepting idolatry and polytheism is sin, and for a short period of time, while he was claiming to be a prophet, Muhammad did this. It is true that Muhammad confessed and repented, this is to his credit, but this event still shows a great failing in his life. This event must not be ignored because it is inconvenient or thought irrelevant, for it shows that Muhammad was like you and me; he had to confess his sins and ask for forgiveness:

(Muhammad prayed) O Allah! Forgive my mistakes and my ignorance and my exceeding the limit (boundaries) of righteousness in my deeds; and forgive whatever You know better than I. O Allah! Forgive the wrong I have done jokingly or seriously, and forgive my accidental and intentional errors, all that is present in me. (Bukhari: volume 8, book 75, number 408)

So know (O Muhammad) that there is no God save Allah, and ask forgiveness for thy sin and for believing men and women (Qur'an 47:19)

9. Jesus and Muhammad

Muhammad was tempted to acknowledge false gods in order to achieve his desire of the Quraysh accepting him. He gave in to this temptation and acknowledged their gods. Jesus too was tempted to achieve his desire to rule as Christ by acknowledging false gods, but when Satan tempted Jesus,

"Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve." (Matthew 4:10)
Unlike Muhammad Jesus never sinned. Jesus succeeded where Muhammad failed.
How different Jesus is to Muhammad!
He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth (1 Peter 2:22)
Jesus is alive. Muhammad is dead.
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by italo: 5:06am On Jul 26, 2010
GBAM!
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by precap2(m): 8:46am On Jul 26, 2010
aletheia <--- This is a very learned discourse from you. Thanks.
This thread is turning into a parliamentary discourse after the fashion of Edmund Burke and his times. Get on with it while there is still time.
But Islamic historians who truly know their history will never tell you where Muhammad shouted "Allahu akbar". But if you know that Muhammad's mother was barren and that his father was a priest of an Arabian moon god called Allah, then you must have known the rest of the story.

Holla!
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by vedaxcool(m): 10:12am On Jul 26, 2010
the area you quoted was clear, he said the woman was anointing him for His burial.everything Jesus did or happened to him were no accidents, that is why He did not have to fight to establish His faith. He knew the end from the beginning. The Bible foretold where he will be born,how He will die, what he will do etc before He was born. That is why the Bible has consistency. Nothing was written for the fun of it.

See how he address this challenge - look closely at the verse and comprehend this is shear grandiosity cause how will a prophet who is suppose to be an example of simplicity be justifying waste in the most arrogant manner by claiming

The poor you will have always with you, and you can help them any time you want
HE hardly adddress the poor with respect, yet you -AJU- could hardly point The Holy Prophet MUHAMMAD grandiosity instead you quote verbatim from yahoo answers -Aju wants us to believe he has studied the Prophet's life and hence came to the conclusion that his a power obsessed man, You see Aju people like you only know how to parrot other people words and hence end up deluding yourself that you know all about Islam and instead of getting evidence from the Islamic sources you go to Yahoo answers and get opinions of Liars. here are more example of the prophet grandiosity

The Prophet did not behave towards others as if he was better than they were, nor did he spurn manual work. One of his companions reported that Prophet Muhammad worked happily with servants or workers. Other companions related that the Prophet tidied his house, tied camels, feed animals, ate meals with his servants, and helped them in kneading dough and bringing provisions from the market. It was also reported that he used to visit the sick, attend funerals, ride on a donkey, slow down his pace for the sake of the weak and accept invitations from the poor.
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by precap2(m): 11:00am On Jul 26, 2010
vedaxcool:

See how he address this challenge - look closely at the verse and comprehend this is shear grandiosity cause how will a prophet who is suppose to be an example of simplicity be justifying waste in the most arrogant manner by claiming

He was not a prophet but the Son of the Most High God. Muslims are used to the word prophet.
Philipians 2 vs 5 - 7: Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.

This is humility per excellence. He is God, but he took the form of men in humility so that he can teach men humility and redeem us from ourselves first, and from the evil one second.

Holla!
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by vedaxcool(m): 11:35am On Jul 26, 2010
Ibn Ishaq, Wakidi, Ibn Sa'd, Tabari and Bukhari considered this event to be authentic and recorded the details in their books. It is inconceivable that Islamic scholars such as these would accept such a story without good grounds (i.e. sound isnads, reliable sources).

Stop Lying Cause you hardly showed proof that this scholars accepts the storyn and this is a quote"His contemporary, the early traditionist and jurist Malik, called him unequivocally "a liar" and "an impostor"18 "who transmits his stories from the Jews".19 In other words, applying his own criteria, Malik impugned the veracity of Ibn Ishaq's sources and rejected his approach. Indeed, neither Ibn Ishaq's list of informants nor his method of collecting and piecing together such a story would he acceptable to Malik the jurist. " shows the extent to which Jesus followers take lying as a normal thing.

2. It is consistent with the Qur'an.
The Qur'an says that other prophets also sinned. Aaron is said to be a prophet (4:163) and he was involved with the golden calf:
And when Musa (Moses) returned to his people, angry and grieved, he said: "What an evil thing is that which you have done (i.e. worshipping the calf) during my absence. Did you hasten and go ahead as regards the matter of your Lord (you left His worship)?" And he threw down the Tablets and seized his brother Aaron) by (the hair of) his head and dragged him towards him. (Qur'an 7:150)

see the level of his delusion where Mosses was speaking this people and the Qur'an clearly says there was a party of them that refused to worship the Idol and Aron was a party tthose that did not worship the Idol Unlike Biblical Prophet who commited shameful sins out of shear lust in the Quran does not follow such dreadful pattern.

3. It is consistent with Muhammad's practice of incorporating the pre-Islamic religion into Islam.
In this event we see that Muhammad tried to incorporate the pre-Islamic gods into Islam so as to make it easier for his tribe to accept him.

now see another of his delusion, If the prophet had been incorprating Pre-Islamic Belief The Arab chiefs would have accepted Islam cause on Numerous occasion they begged him to Accept their way yet he rejected it more Daft of you you claim he is not from God yet you want us to believe when he was receiving revelation from God satan threw some words in Please!!! Your arguement is ambigous and inconsistent with you theme but consistent  with your nature as a lying freak. Now it seems you have the blue print of Islam in which the prophet "revealed" his plans to you.

Again much garbage no evidence.

[[b]color=#770077]5. It is consistent with abrogation.

The event shows how a verse in the Qur'an could be modified or deleted at a later date. This is an example of the Qur'anic doctrine of abrogation. The Hadith also records several other occasions where verses of the Qur'an were modified, added to or deleted.
Narrated Al-Bara: There was revealed: "Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and those who strive and fight in the Cause of Allah." (Qur'an 4:95)
The Prophet said, "Call Zaid for me and let him bring the board, the inkpot and the scapula bone (or the scapula bone and the ink pot)." Then he said, "Write: Not equal are those Believers who sit , ", and at that time 'Amr bin Um Maktum, the blind man was sitting behind the Prophet. He said, "O Allah's Apostle! What is your order for me (as regards the above Verse) as I am a blind man?" So, instead of the above verse, the following verse was revealed:
"Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) except those who are disabled (by injury or are blind or lame etc.) and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah." (Qur'an 4:95) (Bukhari: volume 6, book 61, number 512)
[/color][/b]
Again more garbage cause anyone that is knowlegable of Islam will know that abrogated verse are left in the Qur'an and not removed aletia your Ignorance might have fooled pre-crap but those with functioning faculty of thinking will know that ignorance is the raw mateial for your production of trash.

6. Satan produced a surah like it.

One of the proofs that Muslims give that the Qur'an is miraculous is that no one is able to produce a surah like. This challenge is found in the Qur'an itself:

And if you are in doubt concerning that We have sent down on Our servant, then bring a sura like it. (Qur'an 2:23)

They say the Qur'an is miraculous in beauty and no one can make anything to compare to it. However, this incident casts doubt over this claim. For in this event Muhammad spoke words from Satan but everyone thought these verses were part of the Qur'an for "the believers were holding that what their prophet brought from their Lord was true, not suspecting a mistake or a vain desire or slip." (Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah, p. 166)
Thus the Islamic sources record that Satan produced verses which sounded exactly like those of the Qur'an. If they did not sound like the Qur'an then surely Muhammad, his followers and the Quraysh would never have accepted them?

Again the vastness of Ignorance and your stubborn adherance to stories that have been rejected by scholars of eminent standings and the majority of muslims go to  prove that lying is not enough but Dogmatic delusions is only part of your numerous schemes in the art of deception  the Hadiths and the Qur'an are regarded as the Main source of Islamic teachings not historical records as they are often subjected to scrutiny and critismn hence even if you stand by your story they are conspicoously abcent from the Qur'an and Hadiths and hence Muslims from the past to the present have continued to reject those saying and as Tabari said If y.19 In other words, applying his own criteria, Malik impugned the veracity of Ibn Ishaq's sources and rejected his approach. Indeed, neither Ibn Ishaq's list of informants nor his method of collecting and piecing together such a story would he acceptable to Malik the jurist. [/b]" note Ignramus that the Tradionalist include Bukhari Muslim etc so if you believe that because a story your miserable point Tabari story are not part of the Hadith literature and hence easily been seen as one of those strange piece of information and since you are blinder that a blind bnat let me stet what Tabari said in th inset of his book [b]"Let him who examines this book of mine know that I have relied, as regards everything I mention therein which I stipulate to be described by me, solely upon what has been transmitted to me by way of reports which I cite therein and traditions which I ascribe to their narrators, to the exclusion of what may be apprehended by rational argument or deduced by the human mind, except in very few cases. This is because knowledge of the reports of men of the past and of contemporaneous views of men of the present do not reach the one who has not witnessed them nor lived in their times except through the accounts of reporters and the transmission of transmitters, to the exclusion of rational deduction and mental inference. Hence, if I mention in this book a report about some men of the past, which the reader of listener finds objectionable or worthy of censure because he can see no aspect of truth nor any factual substance therein, let him know that this is not to be attributed to us but to those who transmitted it to us and we have merely passed this on as it has been passed on to us." Hence Tabari is not the originator of this claims he was merely quoting someone else[/b]  Yor see Alethia your foolish cravings to hang on straws will leave you subceptible to drown While you might foolishly cling on to the this claim let me show you more evidence of how  unreasonable the claim is as u are wont on dancing in the dark rather light.

8. Muhammad committed a serious sin.

Accepting idolatry and polytheism is sin, and for a short period of time, while he was claiming to be a prophet, Muhammad did this. It is true that Muhammad confessed and repented, this is to his credit, but this event still shows a great failing in his life. This event must not be ignored because it is inconvenient or thought irrelevant, for it shows that Muhammad was like you and me; he had to confess his sins and ask for forgiveness:

(Muhammad prayed) O Allah! Forgive my mistakes and my ignorance and my exceeding the limit (boundaries) of righteousness in my deeds; and forgive whatever You know better than I. O Allah! Forgive the wrong I have done jokingly or seriously, and forgive my accidental and intentional errors, all that is present in me. (Bukhari: volume 8, book 75, number 408)

So know (O Muhammad) that there is no God save Allah, and ask forgiveness for thy sin and for believing men and women (Qur'an 47:19)

Where is the indication that he committed Idolatry Your missionary lies are of a different cadre one must give you credit again only foolish persons with no work for their brain will believe you are knowledgeable and the verse is an indication ofthe prophet humility before God rather than boasting and saying the "poor will always be with you people".

Jesus is alive. Muhammad is dead.
Jesus failed because his enemies made him insult God according to your bible by saying "eloi, Eloi, sabachani, " " My Lord, my lord you have forsaken me" even mere mortals do not utter such blasphemy talkless of a suppose diety that was to save people(deluded individuals), yet begged to be saved and when there was no saving accuse his rescuers as " You have forsaken me, " ranked blasphemy to accuse God of such, But again deluded individuals will believe anything to have a simple life freed from responsibility but again isn't that hallow thinking if your savior is suppose to save you yet despaired due to poor? rescue efforts hmm some people can't think right. "And more importantly his claims I have been sent to the loss sheep  of Israel' again prove he was a failure accoring to your bible as the loss sheep of Isreal are still loss and still rejecting him till this day it is a pity that to you do not understand what failure and success is yet a fool praised you as being knowledgeable hmm great knowledge  indeed.
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by ajoguegbe(m): 11:50am On Jul 26, 2010
@Precap2
wink Thumbs up, Great Point
@vedaxcool
I am not troubled by your consistent ignorant persistence, I wanted to ignore you completely but discovered you are getting the truth. When you say 'Yahoo answers' I laugh because, if you have read all my posts, you will see I went straight to the point and summarized where necessary- a sign I studied and mastered my subject. But you, Chakula, Nonpugee, and Pimpu just copy from whatever source and paste without even reading what you are pasting. so you fill the whole space with something that would have been summarized if you had studied what you wanted to pasted. As for Muhammad's life, I know enough to educate you.

Jesus cared for the poor, but also encouraged the art of industry. He understood that you don't just help the poor/hungry by giving them fish, rather teach them to fish. Nations and people that apply this 'Jesus principle' build their human capital, but places like Islamic parts of Northern Nigeria, produce almajiris, and beggers who go about begging for akara and fried yam. Jesus told Judas who ,made that suggestion that people like him will always have the poor with them (like Judas like Muslims). In Christianity we encourage the poor to think 'give' 'give' not 'take' 'take'. We believe that you reap by sowing. Jesus says
'give and it shall be given back to you'(Lk 6:38), and
'it is more blessed to give than to receive'(Acts 20:35)

@Pimpu
Did Luke witness his ministry and did he not contradict mathew n Mark?
You are serving me third party statement all these while, all I asked from you is to serve me where Jesus categorically said that.
Get it clear, Luke did not contradict Matthew and Mark. But if the ones i gave you are not enough.get more
Jesus told Nicodemus in John 3:17, "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."
John 10:9
"I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture."
KJV
Because you said you are looking for where Jesus says He is the Saviour. But meanwhile, realize that Jesus is the Word of God (the Bible) John 1:1. In more than 100 places, the Bible refers to Jesus Christ as the Saviour of the world. Since Jesus is the Word personified, it means HE said it over a hundred times.
Finally, read the quote above, Jesus says He is the door and not Muhammad, ACCEPT HIM TODAY
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by vedaxcool(m): 12:03pm On Jul 26, 2010
'Satanic' Verses & The Muslim Argument

In this section, we will examine the Christian missionary's complaint:

But, it seems, a serious Muslim response is hard to find.

One really wonders if this missionary has even read any literature, both modern as well as old, on this subject. We have seen above that according to Michael Fischer and Mehdi Abedi almost all the Islamic exegetes have rejected the story of so-called 'Satanic' verses. They have not just rejected it without giving their reasons! In the modern literature, there is a copious amount of work done by Muslims dealing with the 'Satanic verses'. Notable among them are the two books of Abu A'la Mawdudi Tahfim al-Qur'an (1972) and Sirat-i Sarwar-i 'Alam (1979), which critically examines all the aspects of the story and evaluates the writings of early Muslim scholars on this subject quite thoroughly. One is also tempted to mention the works of Sayyid Qutb (Fi Zilal al-Qur'an) and M. H. Haykal (The Life Of Muhammad). Zakaria Bashier, in his book, The Makkan Crucible, deals with the issue quite thoroughly.[8] Also mentioned in Appendix 2 in his book is an article The 'Satanic' Verses And The Orientalists (A Note On The Authenticity Of The So-Called Satanic Verses).[9] This is a revised version of the article that was published in the journal, Hamdard Islamicus. We reproduce the article below with minor modifications.

Al-Tabari, Ibn Sa'd and some other Muslim writers have mentioned (though they vary considerably in the matters of detail) that Prophet Muhammad(P), under Satanic inspiration added two verses to Surah an-Najm [53], which are as follows:

These are the high-flying ones, whose intercession is to be hoped for!

The Prophet(P), it is alleged, recited these along with other verses of Surah an-Najm in the prayer. The idolators of Makkah who were present in the Ka'bah at that time joined him in the prayer because he praised their deities and thus won their hearts. The story afterwards reached Abyssinia where the Muslims, persecuted by the Makkan infidels, had earlier migrated and many of them returned to Makkah under the impression that the disbelievers no longer opposed the Prophet(P) and the Islamic movement. The story also says that the angel Gabriel came to the Prophet(P) the same evening and told him about the mistake he had committed by reciting verses which were never revealed to him. This naturally worried the Prophet(P) and made him apprehensive. 'Admonishing' the Prophet(P), God revealed the following verses of Surah al-Isra' which read:

And their purpose was to tempt thee away from that which We had revealed unto thee, to substitute in our name something quite different; (in that case), behold! they would certainly have made thee (their) friend! And had We not given thee strength, thou wouldst nearly have inclined to them a little. In that case We should have made thee taste an equal portion (of punishment) in this life, and an equal portion in death: and moreover thou wouldst have found none to help thee against Us! [Qur'an 17:73-75]

This made the Prophet(P) feel very guilty until God revealed the following consoling verse of Surah al-Hajj:

Never did We send a messenger or a prophet before thee, but, when he framed a desire, Satan threw some (vanity) into his desire: but Allah will cancel anything (vain) that Satan throws in, and Allah will confirm (and establish) His Signs: for Allah is full of Knowledge and Wisdom. [Qur'an 22:52]

This is the gist of the story mentioned by al-Tabari and some other writers that has been used by the Christian missionaries. The story would, among other things, imply that the Prophet(P) and his Companions(R) took the 'Satanic' verses as a true revelation from God, otherwise nobody would have accepted them.

Let us now examine the story and its contents in the light of internal and external evidence and evaluate it on the basis of criteria of historical criticism. In doing so, first of all one has to find out the chronological sequence in the story and establish whether or not all its details relate to one period and are interconnected. Special attention should be devoted to determining the periods of revelation of the three verses mentioned in the report, which will validate or falsify the episode.

It can easily be gleaned from the story that the incident of reciting the 'Satanic' verses and the consequent prostration of the disbelievers in the Ka'bah happened after the first batch of Muslims had migrated to Abyssinia. This migration, according to all the reliable sources, occurred in the month of Rajab of the fifth year of the Prophetic call or about eight years before the Hijrah to Madinah. Therefore, the incident must have happened close to this date and not long after the migration to Abyssinia.

The verses of Surah al-Isra' (17:73-5) which were revealed, according to the story, to 'admonish' the Prophet(P) for allegedly reciting the 'Satanic' verses, in fact were not revealed until after the event of the Mi'raj. The Mi'raj or the Ascent of the Prophet(P), according to historical sources, occurred in the tenth or eleventh year of the Prophetic call, i.e., two or three years before the Hijrah to Madinah. If this is so, then it implies that the 'Satanic' verses were not detected or for some reason no mention was made about the alleged interpolation of the verses for five or six years and only afterwards was the Prophet(P) admonished for it. Can any sensible person believe that the interpolation occurs today, while the admonition takes place six years later and the abrogation of the interpolated verses is publicly announced after nine years. The relevant verse of Surah al-Hajj (22:52) according to the commentators of the Qur'an was revealed in the first year of Hijrah, i.e., about eight to nine years after the incident and about two and a half years after the so-called admonition of the Prophet(P) (17:73-5). Can anybody who knows about the Qur'an, its history and revelation, understand and explain how the incident of interpolation was allowed to be tolerated for six years and also why the offensive 'verses' were not abrogated until after nine years?

The implication of this argument is that since the abrogating verses were revealed nine years after the original event, that would mean that for nine years Muslims had been asking Lat, Manat and Uzza for intercession! In other words outright idolatry resulting from compromised monotheistic beliefs. It is therefore quite pretentious to suggest any historicity in the notion that Muslims had been asking Lat, Manat and Uzza for intercession over the span of almost a decade.

Watt's theory is that

, the earliest versions do not specify how long afterwards this (abrogation) happened; the probability is that it was weeks or even months.[10]

is nothing but a hypothesis. Had he investigated the chronology of the three revelations relative to the story, he could not possibly have missed the facts related above.

Let us now turn to some internal evidence. It has been said in the story that the 'Satanic' interpolation occurred in Surah an-Najm (53:19) which delighted the idolators present in the Ka'bah and as a gesture of friendship and good-will, they all bowed down with the Prophet(P). In order to comment on the story it would seem necessary to read the verses in the Qur'an, adding the alleged 'Satanic' verses, and find out what is actually meant to be conveyed here. It would read as follows.

Have ye seen Lat and 'Uzza, And another, the third (goddess), Manat? [These are the high-flying ones, whose intercession is to be hoped for!] What! for you the male sex, and for Him, the female? Behold, such would be indeed a division most unfair! hese are nothing but names which ye have devised,- ye and your fathers,- for which Allah has sent down no authority (whatever). They follow nothing but conjecture and what their own souls desire!- Even though there has already come to them Guidance from their Lord! [Qur'an 53:19-23]

If one reads the bold part of the alleged Satanic verses quoted above, one fails to understand how God on the one hand is praising the deities and on the other hand discrediting them by using the subsequent phrases quoted above. It is also difficult to see how the Quraysh leaders drew the conclusion from this chapter that Muhammad(P) as making a conciliatory move and was adopting a policy of give and take.

Drawing the conclusions from various reports connected with the story, Watt suggests that

, at one time Muhammad must have publicly recited the Satanic verses as part of the Qur'an; it is unthinkable that the story could have been invented later by Muslims or foisted upon them by non-Muslims. Secondly, at some later time Muhammad announced that these verses were not really part of the Qur'an and should be replaced by others of a vastly different import.[11]

Watt's suggestion that Muhammad(P) replaced the 'Satanic' verses with some others of a vastly different import is pure speculation. If one takes the 'Satanic' verses to be true, it would imply that the verses to be found in 53:19f. were not revealed in the same period. Watt's suggestion also implies that Muhammad(P) and his followers read the 'Satanic' verses in place of or in addition to the verses found in the Qur'an for 'weeks and even months' and that when Muhammad(P) later realized that these verses could not be correct, then the true version and continuation of the passage was revealed to him. This supposition is again pure speculation and is not based on any historical data. The story which we have summarized in the beginning suggests that Muhammad(P) did not realize his fault until God admonished him six years later and that the matter was rectified perhaps another two and a half years after. In the meantime the Muslims were supposedly asking Allat, Manat and Uzza for intercession! Had the genuine state of affairs truly been this ridiculous, it would have been impossible for Muhammad(P) to have maintained such a loyal following.

It is obvious that Watt and other Orientalists accept part of the story and reject the related parts along with their destructive implications, apparently because they are unable to find any link or sequence. Had there been any element of truth in the story, it could have caused a great scandal against Islam and the Prophet(P) and every detail of this scandal must have found its place in the hadith literature. Why is the authentic hadith collection conspicuously silent about the scandalous part of the story? Does it not lead to the conclusion, contrary to the established fact, that hadith literature itself is very defective as it failed to record such an important event which led the Prophet(P) and his Companions(R) to read 'Satanic' verses for weeks, months or perhaps even years without realizing the error, all the while asking for the intercession of Lat, Manat and Uzza? In fact, al-Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawud, Nasa'i and Ahmad b. Hanbal all record the story, but only to the extent that was true. They all mention that the Prophet(P) did recite Surah an-Najm and that, at the end when he prostrated, the idolaters present were so overawed that they also joined him in prostration. These leading Muhaddithun do not mention the blasphemous story which other sources have recorded.
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by precap2(m): 12:11pm On Jul 26, 2010
Copy and paste all the time. Why don't we get a digest of most of these things.
It's offensive to the eyes to have all these useless, long copycatting everywhere.

Holla!
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by vedaxcool(m): 12:33pm On Jul 26, 2010
John 12:1-8 (NRSV): Six days before the Passover Jesus came to Bethany, the home of Lazarus, whom he had
raised from the dead. There they gave a dinner for him. Martha served, and Lazarus was one of those at the table
with him. Mary took a pound of costly perfume made of pure nard, anointed Jesus' feet, and wiped them with her
hair. The house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume. But Judas Iscariot, one of his disciples (the one who
was about to betray him), said, "Why was this perfume not sold for three hundred denarii and the money given to the
poor?"  Jesus said, "Leave her alone( in another account he said:why are you bothering her? She has done a beautiful thing to me. The poor you will have always with you, and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me) . She bought it so that she might keep it for the
day of my burial. You always have the poor with you, but you do not always have me."

Now this man Aju is trying hard to bfuscate the issues but one thing stand paramount why the waste why thee arrogance( imagine mary using her hair to wipe his feets shear pomposity and grandiosity) why insult the poor to justify waste Judas asked a question why can we sell the bottle of perfume and help the poor, instead  of answering the question he boasted and we can interpret itn as" sha forget the poor i am too important hence why not pour more perfume on me. I know people like Aju are satisfied with such conduct as his pastors are clearly following with such pomp and class ----they now by jets hummmers etc----- please you can only fool those with poor thinking.
Finally, read the quote above, Jesus says He is the door[b]( the door that God forsake according to the bible)[/b] and not Muhammad, ACCEPT HIM TODAY

I cannot accept some one who blasphemed according to your bible when he said "My lord, My lord, You have forsaken me, " like I maintained if this account is true then his enemies were victorious since they not only dealt viciously with him but made blasphemed against God, now I cannot with my common sense follow such a person who blasphemed against God. and again since He claims in the bible I was sent to the loss sheep of Isreal and this same loss sheep rejected him they I consider him a failure as he could not even convince his people who were suppose to be his primary constituent according to the bible. So why you enjoy quoting Yahoo answers I prefer following a man who maintained his faith in ALLAH all through his mission rather than follow my lord my lord you have forsaken me.  
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by vedaxcool(m): 12:43pm On Jul 26, 2010
more example of Mohammad (SAW) grandiosity
[b]The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Do you know who will go first on the Day of Resurrection to the shade of God, Those who when given what is right accept it, when asked for something give freely and who judge in favor of others as they do for themselves."
--------- Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1042

The Best Charity

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The best charity is that given to a relative who does not like you."
--------- Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 3, Number 100

Feed Those in Need

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "A man has sinned enough if he neglects to feed those in need."
--------- Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 3, Number 100

Religion is Very Easy

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Religion is very easy, and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded."
--------- Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Hadith 38

Love the Poor

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "O God, grant me life as a poor man, cause me to die as a poor man and resurrect me in the company of the poor, " His wife asked him why he said that, and he replied: "Because (the poor) will enter Paradise (before) the rich. Do not turn away a poor man, even if all you can give is half a date. If you love the poor and bring them near you, God will bring you near Him on the Day of Ressurrection."
--------- Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1376.

Lawful Earnings

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was asked what type of earning was best, and he replied: " A man's work with his hands and every (lawful) business transaction."
--------- Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 846

.The Prophet also said: "A truthful and trustworthy merchant is associated with the prophets, "
--------- Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 50

And also: "There was a merchant who would lend to the people, and whenever his debtor wasin difficult circumstances, he would say to his employees, 'Forgive him so that God may forgive us.' So, God forgave him."
--------- Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 3, Hadith 292

A Seed of Faith

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "On the Day of Resurrection I will intercede and say, 'O my Lord! Admit into Paradise (even) those who have faith equal to a mustard seed in their hearts.' "
--------- Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Hadith 600

A Living Soul

A funeral procession once passed in front of the Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) and he stood up out of respect. When he was told the person in the coffin was Jewish and not Muslim, he said: "Was it not a living (soul)?"
--------- Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Hadith 399

The Rules of War

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) once saw the corpse of a woman who had been killed in a military action, and he disapproved of it and forbade the killing of women and children.

Abu Bakr as-Siddiq, a companion of the Prophet Muhammad and his successor as head of the Muslim community, advised one of his military commanders: "Do not kill women or children or an aged, infirm person. Do not cut down fruit-bearing trees. Do not destroy an inhabited place."
--------- Al-Muwatta, Volume 21, Hadith 9 and 10

Service and Humility

When asked what the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) did while in his house, his wife Ayesha relied: "He used to keep busy serving and helping members of the household."

Anas bin Malik related that: "(Even the humblest) maid servant of Madina would take the Prophet's hand and take him to any place (for the redress of her grievances)."
--------- Riyadh-us-Salaheen, Hadiths 605 and 606

Be Dutiful to your Mother

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "God has forbidden you to be undutiful to your mothers, to withhold (what you should give) or demand (what you do not deserve), or to bury your daughters alive (a pre-Islamic practice)."
--------- Sahih Al-Bukhari, Hadith 8:6

The Learned are Heirs of the Prophet

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The learned are heirs of the prophets, and the prophets do not leave any inheritance in the form of (monetary wealth), but they do leave knowledge as their legacy. A person who acquires knowledge, acquires his full share (of this legacy)."
--------- Riyadh-us-Salaheen, Number 1388

Visit the Sick and Feed the Hungry

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "(God) will (question a person) on the Day of Resurrection (saying)): 'O son of Adam, I was sick but you did not visit Me.' The person will say: 'O my Lord, how could I visit Thee when Thou art the Lord of the worlds?' Thereupon (God) will say: 'Didn't you know that a servant of Mine was sick but you did not visit him, and were you not aware that if you had visited him, you would have found Me by him?'

(God will then say) 'O son of Adam, I asked you for food but you did not feed Me.' The person will say: 'My Lord, how could I feed Thee when Thou art the Lord of the worlds?' (God) will say: 'Didn't you know that a servant of Mine asked you for food but you did not feed him, and were you not aware that if you had fed him you would have found him by My side?'
--------- Sahih Muslim, Hadith 1172

The Best Jihad

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The best (Jihad) is (to speak) word of justice to an oppressive ruler."
--------- Sunan of Abu-Dawood, Hadith 2040

Focus on the Positive

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "A believing man should not hate a believing woman. If he dislikes one of her characteristics, he will be pleased with another."
--------- Sahih Muslim, Hadith 705

Good Conduct Toward Neighbours

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "He will not enter Paradise whose neighbour is not secure from his wrongful conduct."
--------- Sahih Muslim, Hadith 15

A Way Out of Distress

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "If anyone continually asks pardon, God will appoint for him a way out of every distress, and a relief from anxiety, and will provide for him from where he did not reckon."
--------- Abdu Dawood, Hadith 599

Say a Pleasant Word

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "(Each one) of you should save himself from the fire by giving even half of a date (in charity). And if you do not find a half date, then (you can do it through saying) a pleasant word (to your brethern)."
--------- Sahih Bukhari, Volume 2, Hadith 394

Do not Turn Away the Poor

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) once told his wife: "Do not turn away a poor man, even if all you can give is half a date. If you love the poor and bring them near you, GOD will bring you near HIM on the Day of Resurrection."
--------- Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1376

Avoid Cruelty and Injustice

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) once told his wife: "Avoid Cruelty and injustice, and guard yourselves against miserliness, for this has ruined nations who lived before you."
--------- Riyadh-us-Salaheen, Hadith 203

A Heart Free of Malice

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) once said to one of his companions: "Son, if you are able, keep your heart, free from malice toward anyone."
--------- Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 59

Those Sheltered by GOD

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Seven kinds of people will be sheltered under the shade of God on the Day of Judgment, They are: a just ruler, a young man who passed his youth in the worship and service of others for the sake of God, a man who is invited to sin, but declines, saying 'I fear God', one who spends his charity in secret, without making a show, and one who remembers God in solitude so that his eyes overflow."
--------- Riyadh-us-Salaheen, Hadith 376

Avoid What is Doubtful

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said "That which is lawful is clear, and that which is unlawful is also quite clear. Between these two is that which is ambiguous, which most people do not know. One who avoids the doubtful safeguards his faith and his honor."
--------- Riyadh-us-Salaheen, Hadith 588

Good Manners

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said "A believer may achieve the status of one who regularly fasts (for religious reasons) during the day and spends the night in prayer, through his good manners."
--------- Riyadh-us-Salaheen, Hadith 629

A Clean Heart

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said "No companion of mine should tell me anything bad about another person. For when I meet you, I would like my heart to be clean (unbiased.)"
--------- Riyadh-us-Salaheen, Hadith 1539

Humility

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said "(God) has revealed to me that you should adopt humility so that no one oppressess another."
--------- Riyadh-us-Salaheen, Hadith 1589

[/b]
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by vedaxcool(m): 12:54pm On Jul 26, 2010
21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to Him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession.”

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to Him and urged Him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.” 24 He answered, “I was only sent to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before Him. “Lord, help me!” she said. 26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to their dogs.” 27 “Yes, Lord,” she said, “but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

27 Then Jesus answered, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

Read the above and ask your question whether this is suppose to be the words of a prophet who is humble and suppose to show kindness. We can deduce the following
1. He showed lack of concern to a woman suffering instead ignored her.
2.He showed signs of racism as he referred to non jews ( including Aju and the rest of Nigerians christians) as dogs, he spoke in plural, and further claimed that he is not going to help because she is a non-jew.
3. Now a bigger question arises are you non Jews(Nigerian Christians) the house of Isreal?.
4. If a prophet of God can show such lack of concern to his fellow human then what kind of religion did he bring and why has people like AJu not try to contact the holy ghost-y for answers to this apparent racism.
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by precap2(m): 1:15pm On Jul 26, 2010
vedaxcool:

Now this man Aju is trying hard to bfuscate the issues but one thing stand paramount why the waste why thee arrogance( imagine mary using her hair to wipe his feets shear pomposity and grandiosity) why insult the poor to justify waste Judas

Jesus is God. If you continue to see him as a prophet (in your own language) you'll never understand him. God deserves the best from us, yet he was never demanding. Do you know anything about Mary? Jesus did much for her, so she in appreciation did what she did, which was nothing. Judas in that your quote was also added in parenthesis that he will sell Jesus, indicating that he, Judas, was always in love with money.

vedaxcool:

21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to Him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession.”

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to Him and urged Him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.” 24 He answered, “I was only sent to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before Him. “Lord, help me!” she said. 26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to their dogs.” 27 “Yes, Lord,” she said, “but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

27 Then Jesus answered, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

Read the above and ask your question whether this is suppose to be the words of a prophet who is humble and suppose to show kindness. We can deduce the following
1. He showed lack of concern to a woman suffering instead ignored her.
2.He showed signs of racism as he referred to non jews ( including Aju and the rest of Nigerians christians) as dogs, he spoke in plural, and further claimed that he is not going to help because she is a non-jew.
3. Now a bigger question arises are you non Jews(Nigerian Christians) the house of Isreal?.
4. If a prophet of God can show such lack of concern to his fellow human then what kind of religion did he bring and why has people like AJu not try to contact the holy ghost-y for answers to this apparent racism.

If you read with understanding you'll see that Jesus was trying to show the extent of the woman's faith. It had nothing to do with pride but with the work of faith which he came to do. There are some other instances like that in the scripture. He that read let him understand.

Holla!
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by vedaxcool(m): 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2010
If you read with understanding you'll see that Jesus was trying to show the extent of the woman's faith. It had nothing to do with pride but with the work of faith which he came to do. There are some other instances like that in the scripture. He that read let him understand.[/b]
[b]F[b]inding credible response is hard so Jesus went to the extent of calling non-Jews dogs all in a bid to test her faith? na wa o if this is how God test for faith then it will be pointless coming to the world and again it shows Jesus(the deity?) lack of knowledge in knowing people's heart, he had to call them dog to test their faith, It was quite a powerful test-----furthermore people should note that the woman handled Jesus well because she knew his kind of mentality she decided to fool him by saying "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.” hence his pomposity got the better of him that was why he decided after being praised---to help the woman. you see only the real GOD knows the kind of emotional pain the woman underwent before Jesus final help her and  -------if the bible is telling the truth cause it is hard to believe that God or his prophet---even good people do not behave that way -------will do such a thing--------------if that is how your god behaves to helpless peop[/b]le then one should not expect any better from his followers --like hitler and co to be better and even you christians.[/b]

Jesus is God. If you continue to see him as a prophet (in your own language) you'll never understand him. God deserves the best from us, yet he was never demanding. Do you know anything about Mary? Jesus did much for her, so she in appreciation did what she did, which was nothing. Judas in that your quote was also added in parenthesis that he will sell Jesus, indicating that he, Judas, was always in love with money.

He was never demanding ---this your god sha na wa ooo! -----Even when the real God does good for us he does not demand us to do things that will degrade our humanity yet this your pompous god---accd.to the bible----- allowed Mary to use her Hair to clean his feet i can see why he is hardly demanding to you , this same pomposity made him refer to non-jews as dogs yet he is not demanding, Judas appeared more humane than him because ---even if it is false---- his suggestion would have more benefit to the society rather than wasteful show off. Funny thing he also suffered poverty and yet he complained to support such arrogance in the face of it sheer distastefulness is nothing less than arrogant ignorance.
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by precap2(m): 2:14pm On Jul 26, 2010
If I offer further clarification it's only to satisfy myself and not to give sense to anyone who has abandoned it. I quit further explanation. But I can never dine with a highway man, nor with one who has little regard for either his life or that of others. Bless all.

Holla!
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by vedaxcool(m): 2:42pm On Jul 26, 2010
It had nothing to do with pride but with the work of faith which he came to do. There are some other instances like that in the scripture.\

Yet he failed to clarify his actions or even explain the significance of calling non-Jews dogs ----- Dogmatic Ignorance indeed.

More Instances of Prophet Mohammad (SAW) Grandiosity? and you will come to the conclusion that only the deluded will make such claims

A Jewess came to Allah's Messenger (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) with poisoned mutton and he took of what had been brought to him. (When the effect of his poison were felt by him) he called for her and asked her about that, whereupon she said: I had determined to kill you. Thereupon he said: Allah will never give you the power to do it. He (the narrator) said that they (the Companions of the Holy Prophet) said: Should we not kill her? Thereupon he said: No. He said: I felt (the effects of this poison) on the uvula of Allah's Messenger. (Sahih Muslim)

It has been narrated on the authority of Hadrat Anas Ibn Malik (may Allah be pleased with him) that eighty persons from the inhabitants of Makka swooped down upon Allah's Messenger (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) from the mountain of Tan'im. They were armed and wanted to attack the Holy Prophet (may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) and his Companions unawares. He (the Holy Prophet) captured them but spared their lives. So, Allah (The Glorified and the Exalted) revealed the verse:

"And It is He Who restrained your hands from them and their hands from you in the valley of Makkah after He had given you a victory over them." (48:24)
(Sahih Muslim)

Yet he was suppose to merciless. Only the obcene makr such a case
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by vedaxcool(m): 2:59pm On Jul 26, 2010
W. Montgomery Watt when he wrote:

Of all the world's great men none has been so much maligned as Muhammad.

Orientalist W Montgomery Watt when he says:

Of all the world's greatest men none has been so much maligned as Muhammad. It is easy to see how this has come about. For centuries Islam was the great enemy of Christendom, for Christendom was in direct contact with no other organized states comparable in power to the Muslims. The Byzantine empire, after losing its provinces in Syria and Egypt, was being attacked in Asia Minor, while Western Europe was threatened through Spain and Sicily. Even before the Crusades focused attention on the expulsion of the Sarcens from the Holy Land, medieval war-propaganda, free from the restraints of factuality was building up a conception of 'the great enemy'. At one point Muhammad was transformed into Mahound, the prince of darkness. By the eleventh century the idea about Islam and Muslims current in the crusading armies were such travesties that they had a bad effect on morale. The crusaders had been led to expect the worst of their enemies, and, when they found many chivalrous knights among them, they were filled with distrust for the authorities of their own religion.[2]

Yet we are still bearing witness to such follies as it has become a christian value.
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by ajoguegbe(m): 4:51pm On Jul 26, 2010
@Precap2
Leave Vedaxcool, I will only answer him when he makes sense not when he fills the whole space with junks. It is obvious he is drowning and struggling to hold unto a life line,but its not working.
The earlier you stop running away from God the better for you.
Meanwhile, due to popular demand, i will open Bible Study thread soon for former Muslims who indicated interest in learning more about Christianity
Vedaxcool can benefit
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by precap2(m): 5:06pm On Jul 26, 2010
ajoguegbe:

Vedaxcool can benefit

It's very lovely of you to offer him such opportunity to be free. I wish he'll clinch the lifeline with gratitude.

Holla!
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by aletheia(m): 6:11pm On Jul 26, 2010
@vedaxcool: Seems you are losing your cool. Consistent with the vile spirit of Islam that animates you is the fact that you cannot respond to those who disagree with you without insults. How then can you convince me that your way is better?

vedaxcool:

Stop Lying Cause you hardly showed proof that this scholars accepts the storyn and this is a quote"His contemporary, the early traditionist and jurist Malik, called him unequivocally "a liar" and "an impostor"18 "who transmits his stories from the Jews".19 In other words, applying his own criteria, Malik impugned the veracity of Ibn Ishaq's sources and rejected his approach. Indeed, neither Ibn Ishaq's list of informants nor his method of collecting and piecing together such a story would he acceptable to Malik the jurist. " shows the extent to which Jesus followers take lying as a normal thing.
^^^You tried to discount Ibn Ishaq. What about the others also, Tabari, Bukhari et al? Can we therefore take it that you reject your hadiths?

vedaxcool:

2. It is consistent with the Qur'an. . .
The Qur'an says that other prophets also sinned. Aaron is saidhem to be a prophet (4:163) and he was involved with the golden calf:

see the level of his delusion where Mosses was speaking this people and the Qur'an clearly says there was a party of them that refused to worship the Idol and Aron was a party tthose that did not worship the Idol Unlike Biblical Prophet who commited shameful sins out of shear lust in the Quran does not follow such dreadful pattern.

^^^And you are a Muslim who claims to read his Qur'an but you don't understand the words you read therein. Of course there was a party of them that followed idols and Aaron was included. Also Adam who you say is a prophet sinned as also stated in your Qur'an:
2.35, 36 And We said: O Adam! Dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden, and eat ye freely (of the fruits) thereof where ye will; but come not nigh this tree lest ye become wrong-doers. But Satan caused them to deflect therefrom and expelled them from the (happy) state in which they were; and We said: Fall down, one of you a foe unto the other! There shall be for you on earth a habitation and provision for a time.
This is what comes of not taking time to study but rather learning by rote, as all of you do for the Qur'an, which is beaten into you at a young age! You read things without understanding their meaning!

vedaxcool:

now see another of his delusion, If the prophet had been incorprating Pre-Islamic Belief The Arab chiefs would have accepted Islam cause on Numerous occasion they begged him to Accept their way yet he rejected it more Daft of you you claim he is not from God yet you want us to believe when he was receiving revelation from God satan threw some words in Please!!! Your arguement is ambigous and inconsistent with you theme but consistent  with your nature as a lying freak. Now it seems you have the blue print of Islam in which the prophet "revealed" his plans to you.
^^^
1. "Al-ilah" was one of the tribal gods of the Quraysh, along with the aforementioned three goddesses and 300+ others. The controversy was that your prophet wanted to throw out the others, much like as I pointed out earlier, Akhenaten wanted to elevate the worship of Aten, or to put in terms you can understand someone coming to the Greeks and saying only Zeus should be worshiped.
2. You are the one who wants us to believe that your prophet was receiving "revelations" from God. My argument is that he was a false prophet, not only because his message is inconsistent but even he admitted that Satan put words into his mouth! I point out that no true prophet of YHWH Elohim would utter words from Satan.

vedaxcool:

Again much garbage no evidence.
^^^I deliberately left that out to see if you would take the bait. grin And you did! Here is the evidence:

In all of the Islamic accounts of the incident the account begins with Muhammad's desire to see the Quraysh accept him as a prophet:

Now the apostle was anxious for the welfare of his people, wishing to attract them as far as he could. , he meditated on the project and longed for it and it was dear to him. (Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasul Allah, p. 165)

He was one day sitting alone when he expressed a desire: I wish, Allah had not revealed to me anything distasteful to them. (Ibn Sa'd, Kitab Al-Tabaqat Al-Kabir, p. 237)

The Messenger of God was eager for the welfare of his people and wished to effect a reconciliation with them in whatever ways he could. , he longed in his soul that something would come to him from God which would reconcile him with his tribe. , and he debated with himself and fervently desired such and outcome. (Al-Tabari, The History of Al-Tabari, vol. vi, pp. 107-108)

From this starting point the rest of the events described occur.

However there are other examples of where Muhammad's desire, and that of his companions, led to "revelations" from Allah. Consider these four examples.

1. The Direction of Islamic Prayer

Originally Muhammad prayed facing Jerusalem, but he wished for the direction to be change. Then he received a "revelation" from Allah saying to now pray facing Mecca.

Narrated Al-Bara: The Prophet prayed facing Bait-ulMaqdis (i.e. Jerusalem) for sixteen or seventeen months but he wished that his Qibla would be the Ka'ba (at Mecca). So Allah Revealed (2.144) and he offered 'Asr prayers (in his Mosque facing Ka'ba at Mecca) and some people prayed with him.(Bukhari: volume 6, book 60, number 13)

(N)ow We will surely turn thee (Muhammad) to a direction that shall satisfy thee. Turn thy face towards the Holy Mosque; and wherever you are, turn your faces towards it. (Qur'an 2:144)

2. When Allah Agreed with Umar

Here are three occasions when the desires and sometimes exact words of Umar, Muhammad's companion, became revelations from Allah.

Narrated 'Umar (bin Al-Khattab): My Lord agreed with me in three things:

1. I said,"O Allah's Apostle, I wish we took the station of Abraham as our praying place (for some of our prayers). So came the Divine Inspiration: And take you (people) the station of Abraham as a place of prayer (for some of your prayers e.g. two Rakat of Tawaf of Ka'ba)". (Qur'an 2:125)

2. And as regards the (verse of) the veiling of the women, I said, "O Allah's Apostle! I wish you ordered your wives to cover themselves from the men because good and bad ones talk to them." So the verse of the veiling of the women was revealed. (Qur'an 24:31)

3. Once the wives of the Prophet made a united front against the Prophet and I said to them, "It may be if he (the Prophet) divorced you, (all) that his Lord (Allah) will give him instead of you wives better than you." So this verse (the same as I had said) was revealed." (Qur'an 66:5). (Bukhari: volume 1, book 8, number 395)

3. Muhammad's Sexual Privileges

In Surah 33 we read of Muhammad's sexual privileges.
Prophet, We have made lawful to you the wives to whom you have granted dowries and the slave-girls whom Allah had given you as booty; the daughters of your paternal and maternal uncles and of your paternal and maternal aunts who fled with you; and any believing woman who gives herself to the Prophet and whom the Prophet wishes to take in marriage. The privilege is yours alone, being granted to no other believer. (Qur’an 33:50)

The astonishing thing about this revelation is that Muhammad is given unique sexual privileges that no other Muslim was to have! This is normally the type of behaviour we associate with a cult leader. This privilege is seen in the next verse too, for Muhammad had many wives and there was an agreed roster by which he was shared among them. But in 33:51 Muhammad is given a special revelation so that he does not have to fulfil his sexual duties to his wives according to this roster. It is very interesting to read Aisha's response to this revelation:

Narrated Aisha: , (W)hen Allah revealed: "You (O Muhammad) can postpone (the turn of) whom you will of them (your wives), and you may receive any of them whom you will; and there is no blame on you if you invite one whose turn you have set aside (temporarily).' (Quran 33:51) I said (to the Prophet), "I feel that your Lord hastens in fulfilling your wishes and desires." (Bukhari: volume 6, book 60, number 311)

4. Muhammad Taking Zaynab as His Wife

Muhammad had an adopted son named Zayd. Zayd had a beautiful wife named Zaynab.

One day the Messenger of God went out looking for Zayd. Now there was a covering of haircloth over the doorway, but the wind had lifted the covering so that the doorway was uncovered. Zaynab was in her chamber, undressed, and admiration for her entered the heart of the Prophet. (Al-Tabari, The History of Al-Tabari, vol. viii, p. 4)

Muhammad saw his daughter-in-law undressed in her house and "admiration for her entered (his) heart". But there was a terrible problem, she was his daughter-in-law, the wife of his adopted son. Muhammad's desires were obvious to Zayd and so Zayd offered to divorce Zaynab so that Muhammad could have her. Initially Muhammad refused as it was considered shameful in the pre-Islamic culture, as it is in many cultures, to marry your daughter-in-law. But then Muhammad claimed that Allah had saved him from this problem. First he said that Allah had cancelled all adoptions.

(N)either has He made your adopted sons your sons in fact. (Qur'an 33:4)

This meant that Zayd was no longer Muhammad's son and that Zaynab was no longer his daughter-in-law. Then he said that Allah had given Zaynab to him.

So when Zaid had accomplished what he would of her (divorced her), then We gave her in marriage to you (Muhammad). (Qur'an 33:37)

Thus, what began with the desires Muhammad had when he saw Zaynab undressed, ended with revelations from Allah annulling adoption and the giving of Zaynab to Muhammad.
This example, and the others I have given in this section, and the events of Sura 53, convince me that Muhammad prophesied from his own desires and this is why I do not accept him as a prophet.
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by nuclearboy(m): 9:39pm On Jul 26, 2010
@Aletheia:

Could you drop me a line at nlbomb@gmail.com please? There's a url and website that discusses Christian doctrines and satan that I'd like you to look at and give me your take on? And do you have a means to contact Enigma? Would like his take too.

PS: this "job" you bought ehn, na wa wink
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by aletheia(m): 1:02am On Jul 27, 2010
^^^Have sent the mail. smiley
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by ajoguegbe(m): 5:15am On Jul 27, 2010
@aletheia
Be Kful dropping your contacts with a Muslim. My advice, since you have,remove all your residential and office address from your facebook. remember your email grants them contact to your facebook. They can issue a Fatwa to , 
Read Salman Rushdies case after he exposed the Koran's deception in his book: The Satanic Verses.
The wikipaedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Verses#cite_note-Puddington-3 reports

The title refers to what are known as the satanic verses, a group of alleged Qur'anic verses that allowed for prayers of intercession to be made to three Pagan Meccan goddesses: Allāt, Uzza, and Manāt.[1] The part of the story that deals with the "satanic verses" in the book was based on the accounts of the historians al-Waqidi and al-Tabari.[1],

In the Muslim community the novel caused great controversy for what many Muslims believed were blasphemous references. As the controversy spread, the book was banned in India and burned in demonstrations in the United Kingdom. In mid-February 1989, following a violent riot against the book in Pakistan, the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, Supreme Leader of Iran and a Shi'a Muslim scholar, issued a fatwa calling on all good Muslims to kill Rushdie and his publishers, or to point him out to those who can kill him if they cannot themselves.[7]

Following the fatwa, Rushdie was put under police protection by the British government. Despite a conciliatory statement by Iran in 1998, and Rushdie's declaration that he would stop living in hiding, the Iranian state news agency reported in 2006 that the fatwa would remain in place permanently since fatwas can only be rescinded by the person who first issued them, and Khomeini had since died.[8]

As of early 2010 Rushdie has not been physically harmed, but others connected with the book have suffered violent attacks. Hitoshi Igarashi, the Japanese language translator of the book, was stabbed to death on 11 July 1991; Ettore Capriolo, the Italian language translator, was seriously injured in a stabbing the same month; William Nygaard, the publisher in Norway, barely survived an attempted assassination in Oslo in October 1993, and Aziz Nesin, the Turkish language translator, was the intended target in the events that led to the Sivas massacre on 2 July 1993 in Sivas, Turkey, which resulted in the deaths of 37 people.

The spirit of War in Muhammad resurrects in all Islamic leaders. RELIGION OF PEACE INDEED
Re: Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet by aletheia(m): 9:01am On Jul 27, 2010
^^^Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

It's Maulid Nabiyy, Let's Celebrate Our Prophet. / Story Of The Leper, The Bald Man And The Blind Man – Sahih Bukhari / 'Plucking of Eyebrows is not permissible In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 347
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.