Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,135 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu (40202 Views)

APC: I Have Never Lost Any Election In 44 Years Of Politics – Abdullahi Adamu / Buhari's Victory A Referendum On Honesty And Integrity - New York Times / No Cancellation Of Any Election Results – Yakubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2018
Read this keenly..."Don't be carried away by excitement of the hero's return but be alert to understand the "game" played behind the CAM".
NNAMDI KANU's SIGHTING: My take.
If the reported sighting of our leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu in Jerusalem todayis true, I join millions of our people in welcoming him.
At least we can now confirm that he is a live and in great health.
I had personally published several essays asking his whereabouts and insisting that Igbo leaders and the Buhari government be held accountable for his disappearance along with his parents.
It is good to know he is alive and kicking.
But I am a little skeptical. Mazi Kanu surrendered his passports to the authorities as part of his bail conditions sometime in 2017. Was that passport released to him in secret? What deal did he make with whoever released his travel documents?
Then what about his parents?
Did they travel to Israel with him?
What route did they use? Nnamdi Kanu had become an international figure and cannot be missed by photo journalists in any part of the world. How did he get to Israel? By boat? Provided by who? When did he arrive Israel? Why was Western Wall chosen as his place of first public appearance? What import is there in the symbolism?
There sure would be more questions than we can answer immediately. I am certain that in a few days or weeks, we will know more than we currently do.
I must however invite all of us to be alert.
I suspect that a certain game is being played and we will miss that if we get carried away by the excitement of the hour.
I will share a little historical insight here.
In 1982, Mr Shehu Shagari was the president. He had a very woeful run but was desperate to remain in power. Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu was in Asylum in Ivory Coast. He had fled Nigeria at the end of the Biafran War. Ojukwu even in defeat was a man Igbos adore. He was our hero and remains so.
Shagari would be squaring off against another equally respected son of Igboland. His name is Nnamdi Azikiwe. He was the leader of the NPP. Shagari's party was the NPN. Zik was a threat to Shagari's second term ambition even though an Igbo man - Alex Ekwueme was Shagari's vice.
Zik's popularity was a problem Shagari must neutralize to stand any chance of relection. He was already sure of losing the West to Mr Obafemi Awolowo.
Something needed to be done.
Step in Chuba Okadigbo- Shagari's political advisor.
Mr Okadigbo who went on to become senate president in 99 was a very brilliant man. He knew what needed to be done.
"Grant state pardon and immunity from prosecution to Ojukwu, grant him a hero's welcome...." Okadigbo proposed.
It was a decision that was bound to create a lot of controversies considering Ojukuw's role in the war, his unpredictability and sheer brilliance. Shagari was not sure he could manage the Ojukwu effect quite well. But he needed to make a gesture that would give him a fighting chance in Igboland- the cost notwithstanding.
Ojukwu at first was reluctant but Okadigbo was insistent, assuring the war lord that he had nothing to be afraid of. Ojukwu agreed. In July 1982
Okadigbo was tasked with the responsibility of traveling to Ivory coast to see Ojukwu. He was to convince him to accept Shagari's state pardon. Ojukwu at first was reluctant but Okadigbo was insistent, assuring the war lord that he had nothing to be afraid of. Ojukwu agreed. In July 1982, Ojukwu returned to Nigeria- a hero, cheered by thousands of Igbos across the streets of Enugu including my own mother who has never stopped talking about his "afo onu."
Ojukwu's return and the knowledge that it was Shagari that granted him pardon was sure to sway Igbo voters. Ojukwu and Zik were never friends. Ojukwu had felt betrayed by Zik in the heat of the war. Perhaps as a way of exacting his revenge, Ojukwu declared for NPN and became it's senatorial candidate. He may have done that to either spit Zik in the face or perhaps it was part of a deal he reached with Okadigbo. You never can tell.
Eventually, the election came and Zik Lost. Ojukwu also lost. It was a great miscalculation politically- joining partisan politics. He should have seen the trapped- imagine the most loved Igbo man losing out to a nonentity. They only wanted him back in the country but not in the senate. It was a master-stroke. The Igbos were "back" in Nigeria, Shagari was back as president and Ojukwu was back home.
2019 is around the corner.
It is an election year.
Buhari would be running against PDP that has a very popular Igbo man on the ticket.
Buhari is largely and perhaps justifiably disliked by Igbos.
He needs to break our "ice"
Nnamdi Kanu is the Ojukwu of this age- the "liberator" of his people. He would sway Igbo votes in favour of whoever he wishes.
But Buhari or whoever is playing from the Shagari rulebook is certain that Mazi Kanu has no interest in election or going to the senate.
He is calling for a boycott. He does not trust Nigerian election. It is either Biafra or death.
But we must refuse to be decieved. Even without all the facts, I can tell you a game is being played. Election boycott in Igboland would work in Buhari's favour. He will be the ultimate beneficiary.
Make no mistake.
No one in Abuja suddenly began to like Nnamdi Kanu or his campaign. It is all about how it can profit the powers that be.
We must be attentive- me and you.
I will tell you more when I have them.
Copied cc : Jokanky

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by olujastro: 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2018
Mistake
Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by oliverjiad(m): 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2018
IPOB on this
Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by walchezi: 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2018
We went Biafra nothing else

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by Maxihood: 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2018
DOA-Dead on Arrival
Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by yjgm(m): 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2018
This is fantastic. ND doing the magic. Buharia till 2023 joo

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by chical: 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2018
Who are the we.... Coward
Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by Bianda24: 7:06pm On Oct 21, 2018
Are you just waking up
Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by kaen1317: 7:06pm On Oct 21, 2018
Fool. Get out!
Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by smudge2079(m): 7:06pm On Oct 21, 2018
So Nnamdi rose from the dead and developed balls overnight from faraway Israel... If he has the mind, he should come back to Nigeria.... Bloody coward. Mtchewww

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by micflo28(m): 7:06pm On Oct 21, 2018
Isreal is the real culprit. They are funding this group.
Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by ChristineC: 7:06pm On Oct 21, 2018
There will obviously be elections. I think the citizens in Nigeria with any sanity left are tired of Buhari.
Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by Yyeske(m): 7:06pm On Oct 21, 2018
I already knew it would get to this, Atikulators how market.
Nnamdi Kanu has spoken

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by harrisonford001: 7:06pm On Oct 21, 2018
angry
Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 21, 2018
OK, but u for come back now, haba
Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by stevedeey(m): 7:06pm On Oct 21, 2018
Ride on
Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by Samuel6962: 7:07pm On Oct 21, 2018
Do make u come Nigeria my broda if you get mind.the phyton will dance on ur nead this time
Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by Hotfreezer: 7:07pm On Oct 21, 2018
Hahahaha

Kanulation 2019

Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by Buterflyle0: 7:07pm On Oct 21, 2018
Let me ask my nairaland Igbo chest beaters this question grin

Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by masterfactor(m): 7:07pm On Oct 21, 2018
sure win for buhari, but on a serious note why is it that a group of educated people will allow one man to dictate how things will be done in a region of approximately 30m

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by sugaslim(m): 7:07pm On Oct 21, 2018
Stupid crazy guy,leading his people to the gutter

2 Likes

Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by Dnimaa(m): 7:08pm On Oct 21, 2018
We expected this as much
Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by kazeeyoung(m): 7:08pm On Oct 21, 2018
Where is FFK cool cool. KANU don Talk grin
Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by Chuxz311(m): 7:08pm On Oct 21, 2018
mptcheeew

Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by coachkolobe: 7:08pm On Oct 21, 2018
and pigs still believe this idiot. come ur biafra and fight for ur people nah instead of waiting for chinedu fool to die for ur sake. idiiiiiiiiioooooootttttt

2 Likes

Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by freshdude99(m): 7:10pm On Oct 21, 2018
See this idiot

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by Ejjis(m): 7:11pm On Oct 21, 2018
Live and direct... afonjas and co coming to vomit as usual.

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by salford1: 7:12pm On Oct 21, 2018
I was lucky a friend shared the link. Live and direct. This guy just finished Atiku's chance in the SE and possibly some part of south south.
He praised some few people like Fayose and Ayo Adebanjo in the video.

It had over 8,000 views when it was being streamed. This guy called Kanu has very strong influence over the South East masses. He controls the street. His speech could be likened to that of Hitler or Martin Luther King. He is a good orator.

The summary of his speech was No referendum, No election in that part of the country.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by Rizstar: 7:12pm On Oct 21, 2018
He still insist that Buhari is jibril from Sudan.
Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by umarsule885(m): 7:12pm On Oct 21, 2018
abc115:
"IPOB will liberate Biafra and we will not take part in any election until we get a referendum and this is not negotiable, we will achieve this by every necessary means, we thank Isreal for all the contributions they made to IPOB"
Nnamdi Kanu
believe it or not this Nnamdi kanu is very influential to an extent that some Igbos will definitely listen to him....as for me which ever way is win-win for us BUHARI BEYOND 2019

2 Likes

Re: We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu by Gourdoinc(m): 7:12pm On Oct 21, 2018
Nuzo1:
First, just like Atiku; Nnamdi Kanu is a monumental fraud. Most of us Igbos and other Nigerians are very much aware of this.

While Atiku is getting popular for the seat of presidency because Buhari has failed woefully. Nnamdi Kanu is also getting popular because there has been an obvious and crass discrimination against a section of Nigeria since the sixties.

I will never vote for Atiku neither will I ever take Nnamdi Kanu serious. But where there's intentional INJUSTICE, any fraudster and rifraff from anywhere with a message of hope and redemption will always attract the sympathy of the people being unjustly treated.

No country has ever developed with INJUSTICE. A sitting president who is always verbal about "one Nigeria" has the guts to publicly divide Nigeria into 97% 5% just because of common choice of vote!

I am for one Nigeria, but Nigerians are not ready. And so far they are not ready, fraudsters like Atiku and Kanu will always get more popular.
if you don't vote for atiku, then be ready for 4 more years of buhari. very simple logic.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Igboho Seeks Asylum In Benin Republic, Sues DSS And Malami / Don’t Confront My Administration, Buhari Warns Niger Delta Militants / Governor Nyesom Wike Warns IPOB, Says "Steer Clear Of Rivers State"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.