Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (278369 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 4:19pm On Dec 18, 2018
Cocoboms:

You are right about the rainy season. That's where tomato varieties like padma f1 from east west, cobra 26 f1 from technisem and Emerald f1 from sakata seeds shine brightly above most conventional varieties. There's less pest invasion during d rainy season. Fungal issue and bacterial spot wahala come to d fore.
Here in Abuja markets, tomato price goes up from beginning of April which is when I'm targeting this dry season.
@cocoboms pls keep us updated on the tomato project, I will try it ,been running away from it so long,it is time to confront my fears and tackle tomatoes.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:28pm On Dec 18, 2018
Cocoboms:

You are right about the rainy season. That's where tomato varieties like padma f1 from east west, cobra 26 f1 from technisem and Emerald f1 from sakata seeds shine brightly above most conventional varieties. There's less pest invasion during d rainy season. Fungal issue and bacterial spot wahala come to d fore.
Here in Abuja markets, tomato price goes up from beginning of April which is when I'm targeting this dry season.

Seems tomatoes is a "great project' in Abuja. Have a colleague there who is informing me now that he is going into tomato farming from next year... He is planning to use a greenhouse. Although I've advised him to gather sufficient information on t before plunging into it.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Juliana7: 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2018
@op okoroemeka, pls sir, how do u carry out self pollination on ur cucumber? Thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Cocoboms(m): 8:32pm On Dec 18, 2018
okoroemeka:
@cocoboms pls keep us updated on the tomato project, I will try it ,been running away from it so long,it is time to confront my fears and tackle tomatoes.

You are funny sir. You are running away from tomatoes.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Cocoboms(m): 8:35pm On Dec 18, 2018
Yampotatocarrot:

Seems tomatoes is a "great project' in Abuja. Have a colleague there who is informing me now that he is going into tomato farming from next year... He is planning to use a greenhouse. Although I've advised him to gather sufficient information on t before plunging into it.

It's a "great project" in any major city in Nigeria South of Abuja. Another "great project" would be onion farming wink cheesy
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:37pm On Dec 18, 2018
Cocoboms:

It's a "great project" in any major city in Nigeria South of Abuja. Another "great project" would be onion farming wink cheesy

Loooooooooooooooool, I get your point. Funny enough, I've never met anyone that says they farm onion.... Seems those planting t are really secretive o, abi na me never check wella
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:42pm On Dec 18, 2018
Juliana7:
@op okoroemeka, pls sir, how do u carry out self pollination on ur cucumber? Thanks
use small artist brush,pluck one male flower put brush in the flower and rub it gently inside the female flower transferring the pollen,one male flower will pollinate 10 or more females,very stressing spray boiled sugar it will attract many sugar loving insects that will help in pollination.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Cocoboms(m): 9:50pm On Dec 18, 2018
Yampotatocarrot:

Loooooooooooooooool, I get your point. Funny enough, I've never met anyone that says they farm onion.... Seems those planting t are really secretive o, abi na me never check wella

You need to check on it. Farmers up north are silently making money from it. There's hardly any cooked in Nigeria dey don't use onions to prepare. Even fried eggs and noodles need onions these days....lol.

I'm doing a small trial of onions in my backyard garden.

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:57pm On Dec 18, 2018
Cocoboms:

You need to check on it. Farmers up north are silently making money from it. There's hardly any cooked in Nigeria dey don't use onions to prepare. Even fried eggs and noodles need onions these days....lol.

I'm doing a small trial of onions in my backyard garden.
northern farmers are making a killing in agriculture that's how they buy all the DAF and MAN trucks they use,someone will plant watermelon after harvesting he will go and buy trailer.that onions looks great,pls I heard that onion bolt how true.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Cocoboms(m): 10:03pm On Dec 18, 2018
okoroemeka:
northern farmers are making a killing in agriculture that's how they buy all the DAF and MAN trucks they use,someone will plant watermelon after harvesting he will go and buy trailer.that onions looks great,pls I heard that onion bolt how true.

Yea onions bolt...but you have to use the right variety that is highly bolt tolerant. There are several varieties that are highly bolt tolerant.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Cocoboms(m): 10:06pm On Dec 18, 2018
Those pictures I posted have poor quality. These are better images below

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:16pm On Dec 18, 2018
Cocoboms:
if you are born poor nobody will blame,but if u die poor than u have yourself to blame.there are many untapped areas in agriculture that is begging for tappers

6 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:17am On Dec 19, 2018
okoroemeka:
use small artist brush,pluck one male flower put brush in the flower and rub it gently inside the female flower transferring the pollen,one male flower will pollinate 10 or more females,very stressing spray boiled sugar it will attract many sugar loving insects that will help in pollination.

Sir, considering the number of cucumbers you plant, I'll sure u can't be doing this for all of them. Do u use the sugar spraying method or u just leave them?

(That's for those that wantu go large)
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Juliana7: 4:31pm On Dec 19, 2018
okoroemeka:
thank u sir oga okoroemeka, God bless u. Pls sir how do i different d male flower from d female flower. Thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:10pm On Dec 19, 2018
Cocoboms:

How long before one starts harvesting?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:36pm On Dec 19, 2018
Yampotatocarrot:

Sir, considering the number of cucumbers you plant, I'll sure u can't be doing this for all of them. Do u use the sugar spraying method or u just leave them?

(That's for those that wantu go large)
we only used the hand pollination when we planted murano 2 f1 because of very low percentage of male flowers,if we plant cu999 there's no need for hand pollination.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:42pm On Dec 19, 2018
Juliana7:
thank u sir oga okoroemeka, God bless u. Pls sir how do i different d male flower from d female flower. Thanks
big one with small fruit is female, the other smaller flower is male

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by samsosdo(m): 7:23pm On Dec 19, 2018
okoroemeka:
hmmm!getting that area of land to lease with close proximity to water in the southeast will be a little difficult due to limited land avaliblity and land tenure system,its unlike in the west were you can buy an acre for 50,000 naira,if you will drop your Wahatapp no I will make some contacts.
pls are you sure of getting an acre at that price.... If sure pls contact me on 08079338011 I need a farm land
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by kerzhim(m): 7:53pm On Dec 19, 2018
okoroemeka:
cu 999 Thai agro ltd check their Facebook page,we have tried every seed that is available from marketer,supermarkerter,point set,marketmore.murano,murano2f1.Tokyo,Nagano,monalisa,greengo,be it alpha,Indian and even local variety but cu 999 is the biggest,baddest and most profitable u can find,it is so flexible and adaptable that a beginner can plant it and profit from it.I remembered once we planted murano 2f1 it came out with a ratio of 1 male flower to 500 female flowers,then we have to drive to another farm that has cu999 variety pluck the abundant male flowers and then rush back to hand pollinate the murano,it was crazy!

I really appreciate your kindness on enlightining people on cuccumber farming.

Do you also need to hand pollinate if you are planting the cu999 variety?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:21pm On Dec 19, 2018
kerzhim:

I really appreciate your kindness on enlightining people on cuccumber farming.

Do you also need to hand pollinate if you are planting the cu999 variety?
no,Cu 999 has more male to female flower ratio so any pollinating agent Wiill have enough materials to work with.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:40pm On Dec 19, 2018
samsosdo:
pls are you sure of getting an acre at that price.... If sure pls contact me on 08079338011 I need a farm land
sent you msg on whatsapp,connect me at 08114942049 to chose from various locations in acres and hectares in the southwest
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by kerzhim(m): 9:05pm On Dec 19, 2018
okoroemeka:
no,Cu 999 has more male to female flower ratio so any pollinating agent Wiill have enough materials to work with.
Thank you sir
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Juliana7: 12:20am On Dec 20, 2018
okoroemeka:
big one with small fruit is female, the other smaller flower is male
wow! Thank u Sir and God bless u Sir. Thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Cocoboms(m): 2:27am On Dec 20, 2018
Yampotatocarrot:

How long before one starts harvesting?

For young spring onions, I'll say from 40 days after transplant. But for fully matured onion bulbs, ranges between 90 to 120days after transplant depending on the variety.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Cocoboms(m): 10:43am On Dec 20, 2018
okoroemeka:
no need testing avenir just plant it,less trouble and more resistance to disease than tomato

Hello OP, for this Avenir f1, how many days from transplant to first picking of ripe red pepper ?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 1:07pm On Dec 20, 2018
Cocoboms:

Hello OP, for this Avenir f1, how many days from transplant to first picking of ripe red pepper ?
from fist sowing in nursery to harvest in dry sunny conditions is 90-100 days,but during rainy season in damp and overcast conditions its 120-130 days,so for each you minus 30 days of nursery and u get the answer.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Cocoboms(m): 1:28pm On Dec 20, 2018
okoroemeka:
from fist sowing in nursery to harvest in dry sunny conditions is 90-100 days,but during rainy season in damp and overcast conditions its 120-130 days,so for each you minus 30 days of nursery and u get the answer.

Thank you for the detailed explanation sir
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Juliana7: 3:56pm On Dec 20, 2018
@op, pls how many times do u harvest ur cucumber before they die. Thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:59pm On Dec 20, 2018
This nursery stuff is the reason I ain't so drawn to some crops. The 30 days I'll plant them in Nursery would have been used to raise crops like cucumber n others as planted by FMCASH to maturity.

I wish there are places to sell some plants like Arugula, broccoli, asparagus and even radish. These are also fast growing plants, but market is the issue

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 7:49pm On Dec 20, 2018
Juliana7:
@op, pls how many times do u harvest ur cucumber before they die. Thanks
that is the million dollar question, there's never a fixed number of times u will harvest before it all dies off,it depends on management, weather,soil,variety,etc.I think the least number u will harvest even in a downy midrew infested farm is 4-5 times and the maximum is 10-12 times.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:00pm On Dec 20, 2018
Yampotatocarrot:
This nursery stuff is the reason I ain't so drawn to some crops. The 30 days I'll plant them in Nursery would have been used to raise crops like cucumber n others as planted by FMCASH to maturity.

I wish there are places to sell some plants like Arugula, broccoli, asparagus and even radish. These are also fast growing plants, but market is the issue
most of the veggies u mentioned are bolters ,its life depends on weather and temperature. they will be tricky to grow,I have done nursery of green garden egg,

1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:09pm On Dec 20, 2018
our cabbage experiment failed,it germinated 50% but start dieing when exposed to sunlight,we treated damping off but it died off,I believe the crop is strongly attached to the weather anything above 25c is trouble,we have done garden egg to plant on the land prepared for the cabbage.at least green garden eggs are heat loving crops they love and cherish the blasting sunlight.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.