Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (279840 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:18pm On Dec 05, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Comparing cucumber and pepper, which is easier to handle and which gives more pepper (cash) cool
in terms of ease of handling pepper is easier especially if u do nursery December, the crops will fruit during rains no irrigation, the only hard work in pepper is harvesting the ripe fruits,but cucumber, the work ,my brother don't mention.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 7:50pm On Dec 08, 2018
the journey so far has been slow but steady,thanks to the power company that is covering our area we are having average of 18 hrs light daily and as am typing we have light uninterrupted for 4 days now,so we are using cheap power to pump water for the cucumbers, so far we have not bought a single liter of fuel for pumping water since we planted and our expenses is still below #40,000.I really have to praise these power guys they deserted chill bottles of big stout and plates of fresh fish pepper soup.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by afakamouth: 2:37am On Dec 09, 2018
Hmmm how can one start this farming this season
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:50am On Dec 09, 2018
Our expenses so far on the 1500 cucumber project
,(1)sunphosate herbicide #1.300,Cu 999 seed #7.000-waybill #1,000.(3)poultry manure free,fuel #1.000 to the farm.(4)bamboo free,cut from behind farm.(5)nylon rope one bag #3,500.(6)Haifa bonus 2 packs #3,800.(7)USAAF fungicide #2,000.(coolridomil gold #4,000.(9)binding wire #400.(10)electric bill for pumping water 2 months #2,000..(11)poultry manure 2nd application #1,000.(12) imiforce #800/attacke #900 insecticides. All other work both digging of holes.stacking.application of manure,spraying and irrigation is been done by me,I can't put a cost on that I believe the labour pay will be the proceeds from the crop sales,so far all I listed above is the total money spent on the project

7 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:33pm On Dec 09, 2018
Pollinators at work

5 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by olaeffect(m): 7:04pm On Dec 09, 2018
seriously following.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 7:52pm On Dec 09, 2018
we learnt the hard way on how not to spread fungal disease on vegetable farm,we use to Harvest early morning and that time dew is still on the leafs,the movement of workers in that wet conditions increases the rapid spread of fungal spores,we have resolved not to touch any plant when its wet, our harvesting and any work that means touching the crop will wait until it drys off.experience they say is a good teacher.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by numen(m): 3:17am On Dec 10, 2018
Like I earlier said...anytime I come into this thread, I learn something. Thank you bro.
okoroemeka:
we learnt the hard way on how not to spread fungal disease on vegetable farm,we use to Harvest early morning and that time dew is still on the leafs,the movement of workers in that wet conditions increases the rapid spread of fungal spores,we have resolved not to touch any plant when its wet, our harvesting and any work that means touching the crop will wait until it drys off.experience they say is a good teacher.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:57pm On Dec 10, 2018
pics

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Idemujoseph: 9:53pm On Dec 13, 2018
Mr Okoroemeka, where is your farm situated sir.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 12:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
Idemujoseph:
Mr Okoroemeka, where is your farm situated sir.
imo state

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Idemujoseph: 12:28pm On Dec 14, 2018
Thanks you sir for your quick response! Please do you know if I can get land for lease to do vegetables farming in IMO state. Like 5 to 10 Acres close to source of water? I am a corps member current doing my youth service in Awka. Though, I just redeployed there last week.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 3:31pm On Dec 14, 2018
Idemujoseph:
Thanks you sir for your quick response! Please do you know if I can get land for lease to do vegetables farming in IMO state. Like 5 to 10 Acres close to source of water? I am a corps member current doing my youth service in Awka. Though, I just redeployed there last week.
hmmm!getting that area of land to lease with close proximity to water in the southeast will be a little difficult due to limited land avaliblity and land tenure system,its unlike in the west were you can buy an acre for 50,000 naira,if you will drop your Whatapp no I will make some contacts.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Idemujoseph: 5:42pm On Dec 14, 2018
OK thanks sir!
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:26pm On Dec 14, 2018
five days to harvest,the journey so far has been filled with periods of highs and crushing lows from rat attack,heavy unusual rainfall,manure burns mortality,blistering sunshine,etc.but as usual the farmers natural patience and perseverance always see him through,the finish line is in sight and finally we will start to smell money at last from next week.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:02am On Dec 15, 2018
okoroemeka:
five days to harvest,the journey so far has been filled with periods of highs and crushing lows from rat attack,heavy unusual rainfall,manure burns mortality,blistering sunshine,etc.but as usual the farmers natural patience and perseverance always see him through,the finish line is in sight and finally we will start to smell money at last from next week.

Rat attack... Was t d fruits, or they decided to he green (leaves)?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 11:54am On Dec 15, 2018
Yampotatocarrot:

Rat attack... Was t d fruits, or they decided to he green (leaves)?
the no 1 problem that will face any cucumber farmer this dry season is rats,the small variety that lives in the bush,they have sensors that detect freshly down seeds in the soil they dig it up and eat the inside leaving the seed coat,if you are not observant u will not notice that seeds are gone and u will continue watering waiting for it to germinate.we lost more than 60% to rats,we tried mulching with grass,covering with old newspapers, covering with manure,still the rats came,we finally did nursery on an elevated platform and transplanted.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Brineharry: 2:07pm On Dec 15, 2018
Am soon impressed with this farm... Learning d techniques better here
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FMCASH(m): 1:04pm On Dec 16, 2018
okoroemeka:
went to the farm we are doing in partnership with eagle food processing,the farm is so big that 4 guys are working everyday just harvesting cucumbers. we had problems with one of the rainguns,problem later solved, we have plan a,b,c,d,e even to k.
good job bro, please how many plot of land can this rain gun cover and it takes how many minute before the job is done.
2) why did you prefer rain gun to drip tape for cucumber farming? Thanks.
3) what's the cost of getting this rain gun and set up, thanks.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FMCASH(m): 1:08pm On Dec 16, 2018
okoroemeka:
pics of the one plot that has been planted with 1500,each hole has organic manure in it and 2 seeds are planted in it that why the hole is rectangular.
good job bro, after digging, did you later pour some top soil back or you just planted on the thick sub soil like that?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:42pm On Dec 16, 2018
okoroemeka:
the no 1 problem that will face any cucumber farmer this dry season is rats,the small variety that lives in the bush,they have sensors that detect freshly down seeds in the soil they dig it up and eat the inside leaving the seed coat,if you are not observant u will not notice that seeds are gone and u will continue watering waiting for it to germinate.we lost more than 60% to rats,we tried mulching with grass,covering with old newspapers, covering with manure,still the rats came,we finally did nursery on an elevated platform and transplanted.

Loooooooooooooooool, maybe u should have just used rat gum, since they small rats. This is really funny, but if one passes that stage, is there any likely issue with lizards eating the young leaves?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 2:47pm On Dec 16, 2018
FMCASH:
good job bro, please how many plot of land can this rain gun cover and it takes how many minute before the job is done.
2) why did you prefer rain gun to drip tape for cucumber farming? Thanks.
3) what's the cost of getting this rain gun and set up, thanks.
(1)the type we are using is 100 metres radius(300 feet),it covers 2 plots at a go,the time it will take depends on how wet you want the soil.at less 20-30 mins the ground is already wet. (2)drip tape needs elaborate set up ,overhead tank,PVC pipes and assesories,if u are planting in the deep bush that is not acceptable u need a setup that is quick and easy to install.(3)price #50,000 without stand ,3 inch's china water pump and blue flexible hose.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 2:50pm On Dec 16, 2018
FMCASH:
good job bro, after digging, did you later pour some top soil back or you just planted on the thick sub soil like that?
we put manure (pig or chicken)and turn it with the soil inside before planting.this is very important it will be the first nutrients the young roots will get.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 2:54pm On Dec 16, 2018
Yampotatocarrot:

Loooooooooooooooool, maybe u should have just used rat gum, since they small rats. This is really funny, but if one passes that stage, is there any likely issue with lizards eating the young leaves?
we used torch's and killed them at night that saved the remaining crops,the lizard eat the flowers but within some days they will outgrow the lizards
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FMCASH(m): 4:14pm On Dec 16, 2018
okoroemeka:
we put manure (pig or chicken)and turn it with the soil inside before planting.this is very important it will be the first nutrients the young roots will get.
thanks bro, at what ratio
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FMCASH(m): 4:21pm On Dec 16, 2018
okoroemeka:
(1)the type we are using is 100 metres radius(300 feet),it covers 2 plots at a go,the time it will take depends on how wet you want the soil.at less 20-30 mins the ground is already wet. (2)drip tape needs elaborate set up ,overhead tank,PVC pipes and assesories,if u are planting in the deep bush that is not acceptable u need a setup that is quick and easy to install.(3)price #50,000 without stand ,3 inch's china water pump and blue flexible hose.
Thanks bro, can I have your Whatsapp no
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 4:45pm On Dec 16, 2018
FMCASH:
Thanks bro, can I have your Whatsapp no
Whatapp 08119942049

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 4:49pm On Dec 16, 2018
FMCASH:
thanks bro, at what ratio
small custard cup,small china bowl or small powder milk tin.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Juliana7: 6:46pm On Dec 16, 2018
@op okoroemeka, pls sir how do u prune your cucumber? Thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:58pm On Dec 16, 2018
Juliana7:
@op okoroemeka, pls sir how do u prune your cucumber? Thanks
pruning cucumbers means removing the lateral side vein as much as possible,but we discovered that the lateral vein is were the first fruits are found so we left it alone,moreover if u remove one vein today tomorrow u will see more,the crop will try to frustrate all your efforts to remove the side shoots,it is simply programmed to produce side shoots.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aka12(m): 7:43pm On Dec 16, 2018
Oga Emeka pls I got few questions and would contact u watsap subsequently
1. Binding wire is different from coco nylon rope? Pls show
2. Can I mix fungicide and pesticides and spray together?
3. I don't know if you heard abt maxi force? What is ur experience compared to Haifa bonus?
4. How often do you apply the soaked manure after the first mixing with the soil during planting
5. When do you start applying fungicide to the farm after planting
6. On Usaaf fungicide, how do you measure it to the water ratio in napsak sprayer?
7. Fighter 35 sir and imiforce which is a better pesticide?
8. More coming sir. thanks, God bless
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:14pm On Dec 16, 2018
aka12:
Oga Emeka pls I got few questions and would contact u watsap subsequently
1. Binding wire is different from coco nylon rope? Pls show
2. Can I mix fungicide and pesticides and spray together?
3. I don't know if you heard abt maxi force? What is ur experience compared to Haifa bonus?
4. How often do you apply the soaked manure after the first mixing with the soil during planting
5. When do you start applying fungicide to the farm after planting
6. On Usaaf fungicide, how do you measure it to the water ratio in napsak sprayer?
7. Fighter 35 sir and imiforce which is a better pesticide?
8. More coming sir. thanks, God bless
(1)binding wire is used for tying bamboo,while nylon rope is used for cucumber to climb on.(2)yes u can mix all fungicides, insectides,foliar fertilizer.(3)maxi force is JAT product its in liquid form and its good fertilizer,they are the same contents.(4)again at 28 days and every three harvest.(5)fungicides and fertilizer spray start at 20 day and continue every week till they die.(6)Saaf co recommended 15gram per lknapsack of water,it seem small to us so we made it 25 grams to a knapsack,one pack of 250 gram is used for 10 knapsack.(7)imiforce is better kills aphids,whiteflies and leaf miners(10 ml per knapsack)that fighter will not kill this three trouble makers.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.