Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,414 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (280285 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Idemujoseph: 10:18pm On Sep 28, 2019
okoroemeka:
)i have tried many crops many worked and a few failed,but the sight of these okra plant flowering is indeed a beautiful sight
I hail thee sir! I can see okra pods in the plant. I believe you will start harvest Monday.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:19am On Sep 29, 2019
Wizs2019:
Hello my people, how una dey.
in any platform because you never know the person you interacting with. My only little one is bearly 2 years old, I have a long way to go before he can start his own summer project.

Stay blessed.

Please, can u explain this your staking process?

In my case, my sticks are spaced like you're, although closer, then I tie a rope from one stick to the other, then several ropes from that rope down to the plants. However, the plants end up pulling the rope between sticks down.

Someone suggested I nail another wood between sticks to join them together, then tie ropes from the wood to the plants.

How do you get yours still standing even after the plants are climbing?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by dellaziz(m): 8:38am On Sep 29, 2019
okoroemeka:
waybill,me step out of my comfort zone for #2000k okra na lie,I can't travel because of agric input I will send money if u like chop it.nigeria is dangerous grounds this days be careful who you going to meet,human parts are now been sold like Keke parts.

Thanks a million, nAija is nAija ...no risk no reward
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by dedons: 10:01am On Sep 29, 2019
okoroemeka:
today was a very hilarious day,I got a call from my Catholic priest friend that has massive earth fish ponds along the aghjo river that something big is dragging their net in one of the ponds,I went with my workers and several heartless hunters I know that will not flinch from any creature,we reached and tied the net to back of a Tacoma truck and dragged it out,lo and behold a big aggressive crocodile rush out and lashed out at anything in sight,my brother see as everybody run pass usaln bolt,even hunters,priest,etc,jump inside pickup back.pls any animal rights activists should know that when a vicious animal crosses from it's natural habitat and start destroying farms and attacking people that animal belongs to the pepper soup pot.
hahaha... even father no wan take chance.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by benardj3(m): 10:34am On Sep 29, 2019
Pls apart from the bamboo, what else can one use for staking
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by kyriannelson(m): 11:06pm On Sep 29, 2019
OP please how do you sell your tomato, the one plot of tomato I cultivated is Ripe and I can barely see buyers. please help a fellow farmer
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 2:50am On Sep 30, 2019
kfb kiss
Seun:
What are you doing about all those weeds, though? They have a significant effect on yield.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:28am On Sep 30, 2019
kyriannelson:
OP please how do you sell your tomato, the one plot of tomato I cultivated is Ripe and I can barely see buyers. please help a fellow farmer
we have not done tomatoes before,but I don't think selling that produce now will be a problem because tomatoes from all the west coast countries are not coming in due to border closure do your market research in the markets not on nairaland
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Wizs2019: 12:56pm On Sep 30, 2019
vosquare:

It will cost more money o.. I also use wire method for some sections too but I make the bamboo more closer. Can use up to 13 14 bamboos on a 40m ridge. But anyways, these are other methods.

The first 2 pictures are from jethro2 farm.. She's also a nairalander
The last 2 are from my own farm... I'm also a nairalander grin

@TangoAlpha and @vosquare thanks for your suggestions. To be honest I want to completely do away with the bamboo posts and replace them with metal post (similar to the one used for drying clothes) that are cemented to the ground with 4-5 vertical hooks then use trellis net instead of the individual binding wire. This would need minimal maintenance for a long time.

The only problem I can see is when I want to use tractor for ploughing, harrowing and creating beds, I would need to removed the metal post which would massive wahala. However the land is only 2 acres so I might just stick to manual ploughing and bed creation. It is cheaper and doesn't take too long and also provides work for some of the local people.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Wizs2019: 1:11pm On Sep 30, 2019
Yemighty2:

Bros I hail ooo

please kindly help me with this questions

1)Did you make ridges for the plants.
2) pls how did u get (buy)ur driptapes.
3) Did you apply organic manure.

Hi Yemighty2,

See my responses below.

1)Did you make ridges for the plants. Yes I did, Measuring 1m wide and approx. 40cm high.
2) pls how did u get (buy)ur driptapes. I bought it from a supplier in Ikeja, The guy has since stop supplying. But there are many place you buy driptapes and get it way-billed to you.

3) Did you apply organic manure. Yes always! I mix about 500grams worth with some inorganic fertilisers (SSP and P-Nitrate/NPK) and apply as pre-plant at least a week before sowing seeds. The result will be like your plant are on steroids, the initial sprouting and growth will be vigorous. And trust me when you plants start well with good root development 70% of your battle is already won.

Hope the info helps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Wizs2019: 1:31pm On Sep 30, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

Please, can u explain this your staking process?

In my case, my sticks are spaced like you're, although closer, then I tie a rope from one stick to the other, then several ropes from that rope down to the plants. However, the plants end up pulling the rope between sticks down.

Someone suggested I nail another wood between sticks to join them together, then tie ropes from the wood to the plants.

How do you get yours still standing even after the plants are climbing?

Hi,

I start staking when the plants have 4-5 major leaves. We use white staking rope to tie each plant to the top metal binding wire (this is the wire between the bamboo posts) using a special knot that allows the tightness of staking rope to be easily adjusted. So all you have to do as the plants grow is wrap tendrils or main stem of the plants around the staking rope and adjust the tightness if necessary.

The top wire has to tied to the bamboo posts correctly to make sure that it is not too tight or loose. Also, I try to make the top wire as high as possible (average height person with arm stretched just before wrist area) so that you have plenty room for growth before the plants reach the top (not all cultivars grow tall but for example CU999 will!)

2 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Wizs2019: 1:35pm On Sep 30, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone got ideas or created a cold/cool room for storing and keeping vegetables fresh for a few days before moving to the market?

Thanks
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by excanny: 11:21pm On Oct 01, 2019
Wizs2019:
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone got ideas or created a cold/cool room for storing and keeping vegetables fresh for a few days before moving to the market?

Thanks

I really love innovative thinkings like this, especially from one grounded farmer I respect. Not that silly Son of a b**tch Pistodullard.

Just in case you didn't get the kind of inputs you desire.

Why don't you do as scientists do by experimenting with different temperatures and documenting your results. And see which temp results in a longer shelf life. Don't forget to use room temp as your control.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:50am On Oct 02, 2019
excanny:

I really love innovative thinkings like this, especially from one grounded farmer I respect. Not that silly Son of a b**tch Pistodullard.

Just in case you didn't get the kind of inputs you desire.

Why don't you do as scientists do by experimenting with different temperatures and documenting your results. And see which temp results in a longer shelf life. Don't forget to use room temp as your control.
I guess the reason wiz2019 is looking for storage of veggies especially cucumbers is about glut in the market now,there are so much cukes in market now and the price is very low, cucumber farming is a volatile business like stock exchange and should be carefully monitored before you plant,we have around 4 plots that has been ridged,manure applied and we are waiting for month end to plant,so the produce will come out by December,that time the demand will be massive and prices will be good too.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by OluchiDelly: 7:00am On Oct 02, 2019
Wizs2019:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks

You "can" conceive a bigger picture of any of the 3 below. I know u have the "can" spirit grin

1. The local fridge- box, covered with jute bag n PVC pipe.
2. The pot in pot cooler.
3. Charcoal cooler/cold room

Link: 1&2: https://www.nairaland.com/4263477/happy-new-year#63822111

Link 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipqvedQW6a8
Courtesy: pavore9
Unfortunately pavore9 has stopped encouraging his boys these days grin.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by excess4luv: 12:43pm On Oct 02, 2019
okoroemeka:
we also planted an oyibo variety Clemson spineless,we will compare the two to know which is best for huge commercial farm,it's better to fail with 1 plot or 2 ,than with 10-20 plots.

Boss please what plant population can produce 1 bag of (25kg) bag of okro per harvest.
Again, what is the expected production lifespan of an okro plant
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by excess4luv: 12:50pm On Oct 02, 2019
this is the product of this thread, they are gradually fruiting.
At what stage do I need to introduce Z-Force to them.
what can I use to keep lizards away from the farm, they seem to be culprit for pruning the leaves of the plants.

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by vosquare: 4:05pm On Oct 02, 2019
Please who knows where I can get wacot 15 15 15 npk in lagos ibadan or ogun state?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 02, 2019
vosquare:
Please who knows where I can get wacot 15 15 15 npk in lagos ibadan or ogun state?

We have wacot 20:10:10
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by OluchiDelly: 7:52am On Oct 03, 2019
excess4luv:

Boss please what plant population can produce 1 bag of (25kg) bag of okro per harvest.
Again, what is the expected production lifespan of an okro plant

Harvest volume as pa sequence is similar to that of cucumber and tomatoes. But not as lucrative as both, its only advantage is it requires less inputs: energy, time, resources, maintenace.Today you may harvest a bagco bag, next 4 days a 25kg bag and next 50kg, then diminishing return sets in from same portion of land.
As pa life span, I remember I planted one on independence day (Oct 1st) and I harvested till Jan. The thing died in Feb cos I stop irrigating. There was high demand in Jan n Feb due to its scarcity.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Idemujoseph: 6:50am On Oct 05, 2019
OluchiDelly:

Harvest volume as pa sequence is similar to that of cucumber and tomatoes. But not as lucrative as both, its only advantage is it requires less inputs: energy, time, resources, maintenace.Today you may harvest a bagco bag, next 4 days a 25kg bag and next 50kg, then diminishing return sets in from same portion of land.
As pa life span, I remember I planted one on independence day (Oct 1st) and I harvested till Jan. The thing died in Feb cos I stop irrigating. There was high demand in Jan n Feb due to its scarcity.
Thank you madam! Please the bagco bag, 25kg and 50kg, is it from one plot or acre?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Idemujoseph: 6:52am On Oct 05, 2019
Mr Okoroemeka, many of us are patiently waiting for your update sir.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 12:56pm On Oct 05, 2019
Idemujoseph:
Mr Okoroemeka, many of us are patiently waiting for your update sir.
we harvested the okro today,it's 54 days since we planted and we are just still having 30-40% flowering and 20% production,but by next week we will have full production,the crops was 1 feet 6 inches by harvest,just once npk 201010 application(3 weeks) and once manure(4 weeks) took it to this level,we will weed next week and apply another dose of fertilizer, compared to cucumbers the cost of production is very low and stress level non existent,we are seriously considering a dry season okra farm with drip irrigation,so far what we have spent so far is less than ₦10,000 naira on almost one plot of okra, ridges₦2000,seed₦1500, fertilizer₦1200,manure₦500, weeding ₦1300, insecticide₦2500(used only 30%).I could have included pics of the freshly prepared okra soup vs goat meat,but I think it could be graphic and could send many a stomachs rumbling.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by suyamasta(m): 2:59pm On Oct 05, 2019
Very useful information here, thanks to all of you
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by suyamasta(m): 3:01pm On Oct 05, 2019
kyriannelson:
Hi how did it go, I hope you were able to sell your tomatoes?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Idemujoseph: 4:08pm On Oct 05, 2019
okoroemeka:
we harvested the okro today,it's 54 days since we planted and we are just still having 30-40% flowering and 20% production,but by next week we will have full production,the crops was 1 feet 6 inches by harvest,just once npk 201010 application(3 weeks) and once manure(4 weeks) took it to this level,we will weed next week and apply another dose of fertilizer, compared to cucumbers the cost of production is very low and stress level non existent,we are seriously considering a dry season okra farm with drip irrigation,so far what we have spent so far is less than ₦10,000 naira on almost one plot of okra, ridges₦2000,seed₦1500, fertilizer₦1200,manure₦500, weeding ₦1300, insecticide₦2500(used only 30%).I could have included pics of the freshly prepared okra soup vs goat meat,but I think it could be graphic and could send many a stomachs rumbling.
The is very encouraging to young farmer like me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by OluchiDelly: 5:06pm On Oct 05, 2019
Idemujoseph:
Thank you madam! Please the bagco bag, 25kg and 50kg, is it from one plot or acre?
Just an illustration. If u do a plot well u can get more than 50kg bag per harvest at the peak.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by OluchiDelly: 5:21pm On Oct 05, 2019
okoroemeka:

God bless ur hustle. Pls keep updating esp the quantity wt respect to the land size. For ur dry season, you can try 2seeds per hole on some portion and compare yield with the one seed. I normally plant 2 seeds per hole.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by excess4luv: 9:00am On Oct 07, 2019
OluchiDelly:

thank you for the response, I will consider it soon
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Propagules(f): 6:42am On Oct 08, 2019
Good morning everyone, please I'm still new here and trying to understand how nairaland works. But please, I'm into selling seeds, seedlings, suckers, stem cuttings, chemicals and machineries. Please you can send me a WhatsApp message here� incase i don't get to see your messages. Thank you all. A trial will convince you.

https:///2347037518401
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 6:52am On Oct 08, 2019
Propagules:
Good morning everyone, please I'm still new here and trying to understand how nairaland works. But please, I'm into selling seeds, seedlings, suckers, stem cuttings, chemicals and machineries. Please you can send me a WhatsApp message here� incase i don't get to see your messages. Thank you all. A trial will convince you.

https:///2347037518401
best thing is open a new thread about your products, include very good information and also a contact phone number/WhatsApp

2 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by excess4luv: 10:47am On Oct 08, 2019
excess4luv:
this is the product of this thread, they are gradually fruiting.
At what stage do I need to introduce Z-Force to them.
what can I use to keep lizards away from the farm, they seem to be culprit for pruning the leaves of the plants.

Abeg make una help my ministry, lizards are also attacking my small sack nursery experiment I'm doing at home

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.